007

(BxB) Strangers' Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Appreciate what's yours[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“Jihoon ah.” Seungcheol called. The two of them were having dinner, in Jihoon’s room. Prior into his last trimester, Jihoon couldn’t walk much and advised by the doctor to stay in the bed for the most of time. Somehow, you could say Jihoon was bedridden. Jihoon at first couldn’t accept that, he tried to move around the house like usually he did. But when he couldn’t stand even for a minute walk, Jihoon gave up on being stubborn. Seungcheol also worried when he knew Jihoon didn’t listen to the doctor’s words but he was thankful that his boys helped him, in a way.

Jihoon looked up to Seungcheol when the elder took a longer time to continue, very unusual as Seungcheol always knew Jihoon rarely gave response. “What?”

Seungcheol smiled lightly. “Starting tomorrow, I got many works and I will come home later than usual… depends. I don’t know yet.” Seungcheol looked at Jihoon. “I may not be at home for the most of time. And there’s a chance that I will travel out from the town for few days. We had a big collaboration project with another lab.” Seungcheol said. Since he got the news about the twins, Seungcheol tried to find more income for the future. Until now, he did some jobs that flexible to his time so he could still attend Jihoon’s needs like usual but recently, his supervisor had assign him into a big project and became the leader for that research so Seungcheol was aware that he won’t have his own time like before. Somehow, he was worried about Jihoon but he couldn’t reject that project because it would give him a big allowance.

“You’re leaving?”

“Not sure yet. But maybe, and I want you to know that first.” Jihoon gave a glare at Seungcheol.

“What now? I’m this big and you’re going to ignore me?” Jihoon snapped. Seungcheol shook his head.

“No, that’s not what I mean.”

“That’s what I hear.” Jihoon scoffed and stopped eating. Seungcheol exhaled.

“Jihoon. It’s not like that. I would never want to ignore you. I promise you already that you’re under my care and- I really like you.” Jihoon gave no response. Seungcheol took a breath. “I take the job because I need money, for me, for you and the babies.” Jihoon turned his head to Seungcheol, he slightly startled when he found Seungcheol was near him. Seungcheol smiled softly. Jihoon felt a tug when he saw the eye-bags, the tired face, as now Seungcheol stood close to him he began to notice that. Seungcheol gingerly placed his hand on top of Jihoon’s, trying to see Jihoon’s reaction. When Jihoon didn’t push it away, Seungcheol talked again. “I’m sorry that I can’t be here always. And I’m thinking to ask someone to replace me when I’m not around.” Jihoon stared at Seungcheol.

“What? You’re bringing someone? You told someone about me?”

Seungcheol looked at Jihoon. “I didn’t yet. I’m asking your permission now. Will you allow me to do so? Because I can’t rest assure to leave you alone, without anyone to aid you. You’re in your last trimester, your move is limited and I don’t want to risk anything. So I thought to have someone to take care of you if I’m not home.” Jihoon was thinking.

“But…” Jihoon was torn. He didn’t want anyone to know but he knew Seungcheol was right.

“I planned to ask a help from my childhood best friend, Jisoo. He lives around here. He’s like a brother to me, we grow up and always together until we attended different college. I’m much closer to him compared to Soonyoung.” Seungcheol explained. “He’s a trustable guy. He can keep a secret to the grave. And for the long I know him, he’s a good and nice guy.”

Jihoon huffed. “I want to meet him first.” Seungcheol smiled.

“I will ask him to come tomorrow.” Jihoon just nodded. Seungcheol softly asked Jihoon to continue his dinner and they ate peacefully after that. No more talking, like usual. No matter how much Seungcheol wanted to talk, he knew Jihoon won’t give much response so Seungcheol ended up stay silent as well. But the silence wasn’t uncomfortable, just normal one.

Seungcheol returned to the bedroom after washing the dirty dishes. He brought snacks and juice for Jihoon. “Do you want anything else?” Seungcheol asked as he put the snacks and juice on the nightstand. Jihoon looked over from the TV.

“I want some ice cream.” Seungcheol hummed.

“We have that from two days ago. Will it be okay?”

“The strawberry one?” Seungcheol nodded. Jihoon nodded back and Seungcheol left. Jihoon reached for the juice as he munched the snacks. The TV was showing a superhero movie.

Seungcheol returned with a bowl of scooped ice cream and one spoon. Jihoon noticed him and asked for the bowl. Seungcheol smiled and gave it to him. He sat on the edge of the bed. “Jihoon.” Jihoon have no attention to him as his eyes on the movie. “Can I talk with them?” Seungcheol asked. This time Jihoon noticed Seungcheol was talking to him.

“Sorry?”

“My time with the babies.” Seungcheol smiled. Jihoon exhaled.

“Yeah, yeah. Okay, I’m watching the movie.” Jihoon said nonchalantly as he enjoyed the ice cream and movie. Seungcheol smiled, scooted closer to Jihoon. He lied on his side next to Jihoon, head closer to the baby bump. Jihoon wasn’t looking but he was aware of the movement. Seungcheol kissed the bump.

“Hello, precious. It’s me, your dad.” Seungcheol started, smiles bloomed on his lips. After long hours of working, spending time closer to his boys was the remedy. Seungcheol beamed when he felt movement of the babies under his palm. Jihoon felt it too. Along his pregnancy, the babies rarely gave a kick but they moved a lot, moreover when Seungcheol was doing this. “How are you today? Did you make your mother tired today? I hope not, you’re my good boys, right?” Seungcheol caressed the bump lovingly. His eyes were shooting hearts. “I’m counting the days to meet you, precious. Hm, dad is sorry as I can’t always be with you after this, dad needs to work harder for three of us.” Seungcheol buried his face into the bump.

Jihoon who felt the nudge turned. He actually heard the last word and unusual feeling seeped into his mind when he heard the word three. ‘What is this feeling?’ Jihoon stared at his bump. ‘What you two tried to make me feel?’ Jihoon was questioning the twins in his heart. Of course, he won’t get any answer.

“I love you, my boys. Having you two is the best thing happened in my life.” Seungcheol whispered, always ending his talk with these words. Jihoon already heard it for numerous times but today, he didn’t know why the words affected him so much. A sorrowful feel coursed through his body and Jihoon felt tears fighting its way to his eyes. He fought back, cursing in his heart. ‘Damn hormone.’ Again, Jihoon blamed his condition.

 

 

Jihoon don’t know he should be mad or what. The next morning, Seungcheol was rushing to work because he had important things to do and just left the message that his best friend, Jisoo will come over after 10 am. Apparently, Seungcheol already told Jisoo about Jihoon. Seungcheol did lie to him yesterday and Jihoon was angry, and Jisoo was about to be the victim to his wrath. Luckily, the innocent best friend was quick to react.

“Jihoon ssi? Nice to meet you. You look great in person, Seungcheol couldn’t describe you well… oh well, I understand because you’re beyond words in this state.” Jihoon glared at Jisoo.

“You’re Jisoo right? So rude of you. What, you mean I’m so fat beyond word?” Jisoo shook his head before chuckling.

“No, I mean it that you look great, beautiful and everything perfect. Maybe that’s what people said a pregnancy glow.” Jisoo gave a smile. Jihoon stared at Jisoo, eyes soften a bit. He could feel the friendliness and kindness in Jisoo’s words also body language. Jihoon was attracted to interact with Jisoo. Perhaps, maybe for these long, he didn’t interact with someone else except Seungcheol. So he craved for social life. But Jihoon wasn’t going to be nice too fast.

“I’m still mad over the fact that Seungcheol lied about you not knowing my condition.” Jisoo just smiled a little. “Shame on me, I need help.” Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Did he tell you anything else beside my condition?” Jisoo shook his head.

“I actually shocked to know he had someone like you. I mean, I didn’t know he had a lover.”

Jihoon hummed. “We’re not.” Jisoo looked surprise. Jihoon clicked his tongue. “I don’t want to say anything because I don’t think it’s necessary for you to know more. Just take note that I and Seungcheol aren’t in good term. We’re together like this just because of the child. And after these babies are born, I’m out of his life, also the kids’.” Jisoo stared at Jihoon. He wasn’t completely honest with Jihoon, Seungcheol actually confided with him last week when his friend wanted to ask his help. He knew a little about Jihoon and Seungcheol’s story and he could see how much Seungcheol loves Jihoon also how Jihoon has no feelings for Seungcheol. Jisoo started to feel bad for Seungcheol.

“Okay, noted. I’m here just to help Seungcheol to take care of you. Let’s start as a friend, should we?” Jisoo said calmly, smiles never falter from his lips. Jihoon admitted that he liked Jisoo’s first impression. So he accepted Jisoo’s offer.

“Friend. But don’t think I would be nice all the way.” Jisoo smiled. He handed his hand.

“I can see that. It’s okay I understand, Jihoon.” Jihoon nodded and shook his hand with Jisoo. That’s the start of Jihoon and Jisoo’s friendship.

 

 

“You’re a good cook, Jisoo hyung.” Jihoon smiled to Jisoo as he gulped down his chewed food. Jisoo just smiled. It had been about a month since Jisoo started to take care of Jihoon on Seungcheol’s behalf. The said guy was very busy and often came home late at night when Jihoon was already asleep. Sometimes Jihoon would be awake as Seungcheol came to talk with the babies like usual. No matter how busy Seungcheol was, he never forgot to ask Jihoon’s wellbeing over texts and also met his boys when he could. Jihoon saw Seungcheol less than before but the elder wasn’t really away, the presence of him was still there Jihoon could tell.

“I’m glad you said that. To be honest, Seungcheol is much a great cook than I am. That’s why I’m afraid to cook for you all this time. But that guy is nagging me for buying food from outside.” Jisoo said with a grin. Jihoon huffed.

“No, you’re a good cook! I don’t know which one is the best but you two are better than me because I can’t cook.” Jihoon said, smiling. Somehow he was very happy today, he didn’t know why. Jisoo nodded.

“Thanks.” Jisoo watched Jihoon eat before he did. “Jihoon.”

“Yes?”

“Are you still can’t accept Seungcheol?” Jihoon looked up. Jisoo smiled. “I just ask… don’t take it to your heart. Um, well. There’s about two months before the babies are born. Are you still…”

“I don’t want to answer that.” Jihoon cut off. Jisoo exhaled. “Jisoo hyung, no matter how much I open up to you, I don’t like questions.” Jisoo nodded.

“I’m sorry, I just get little curious.” Jihoon hummed.

“It’s okay. I understand that you’re worried for your best friend.” Jisoo just smiled mildly. Jihoon smiled back. “Hyung, can you help me?” Jisoo looked at Jihoon.

“What is it?”

“I’m craving for red bean buns.” Jisoo chuckled.

“Oh well, that’s my job for being here.” Jihoon beamed.

“Thank you, hyung!” Jihoon cooed and continued to eat his lunch. Jisoo just smiled. He noticed Jihoon was being happy than usual today and Jisoo decided not to ruin it. They ate the lunch before Jisoo left the apartment to buy the buns Jihoon wanted.

While he was walking to the store, he bumped to Seungcheol. “Cheol?” Seungcheol turned.

“Eh? Jisoo, why you’re out here?”

“I’m buying red bean buns for Jihoon. Why you’re here? Done with work?” Seungcheol shook his head.

“I’m heading back to the apartment, to pack up. Need to leave the town this evening for a couple of night.” Seungcheol raised a paper bag in his hand. “I actually got red bean buns here.” Jisoo raised his brow.

“Wow, is that telepathy or what? How do you know?” Seungcheol shrugged.

“I actually am hungry for this, not eating lunch yet so I bought something that I can eat on the way.” Jisoo chuckled.

“I guess Jihoon’s crave is what the babies wants. You, the father feel it too.” Seungcheol just chuckled with Jisoo. “Where’s your car?”

“Already park at the basement. Are the buns the only thing you want to buy? If yes, let’s head back. Just give this to Jihoon.” Jisoo frowned.

“Then, how about you?” Seungcheol smiled as he put his arm over Jisoo’s shoulder, pulling him to walk together.

“I will buy something else when I go out later.” Jisoo hummed.

“There’s some food left from the lunch, you can have it.” Seungcheol glanced at Jisoo. “I cook today.”

“Oh. Yeah, thanks.” Jisoo smiled. They walked back to the apartment with no rush as Seungcheol had time to spend. “How’s Jihoon?”

“He’s in a great mood today, I noticed. Don’t know why.” Seungcheol nodded. Jisoo stopped walking, making Seungcheol stopped as well. “Cheol.”

“Yeah?”

Jisoo looked at Seungcheol. “I want you to know that I will always be here to help you.” Seungcheol raised his brow, staring at Seungcheol.

“Why suddenly you said this?” Jisoo sighed.

“Just… I’m thinking about the kids and Jihoon. Jihoon…” Jisoo couldn’t finish his words. He knew how deeply Seungcheol felt for Jihoon and he felt bad when Jihoon was still stuck into his decision to leave. Seungcheol held Jisoo’s shoulder.

“Hey. I’m fine. It’s sad, yes. There is even a tiny hope in my heart that Jihoon would stay, grow old with me. But I know by now… I can’t change his heart. I actually am over that fact now. It hurts, but what can I do? I don’t know how to convince him… moreover he actually did more than I could imagine. He agreed to give up his life when I begged him to keep the babies. He’s willing to stay hidden like this, like in prison for carrying my kids and giving birth to them. All these sacrifices, I feel ashamed to ask more. To ask him to stay with me after all this, to give his heart to me. I don’t have the right to beg for that.” Seungcheol said calmly. There’s a heavy sadness in those sentences, Jisoo felt it but he noticed how warm Seungcheol’s pure love for Jihoon. Jisoo felt his tears fall. Seungcheol saw that. “Oh, Jisoo. I’m sorry that I’m worried you about me.”

Jisoo shook his head. “I… I’m sorry.” Seungcheol just smiled.

“No, I understand. We’re friends for so long, I know you deeply care about me and want the best for me.” Jisoo smiled as he wiped his tears dry. “Thanks, Jisoo yah.”

“It’s my job as your best friend. Your brother.” Seungcheol nodded.

“Yeah, I know. I will do the same if our situation is swapped.” Jisoo nodded. The two friends shared a smile before they made their way into the building, coming home to Seungcheol’s apartment.

 

 

Jihoon stretched a bit when he was awake that morning. He looked around and found it’s already half past 9 am. He rubbed his eyes, head registering that Jisoo told him he will come at 10 am because he had something to do in the morning. Seungcheol was away for few nights since two days ago. Jihoon sat up with difficulties. Eighth month, his bump could get bigger and Jihoon swore with his fingers if it expanded even more, he will pop like an over-stretched balloon. He sighed, the urge to pee hit him and without someone’s help, he would take hours to go to the bathroom that just few meters away from him. But he couldn’t stop the urge so Jihoon braced himself to stand and made his way to the bathroom.

It was hard but Jihoon managed, forehead sweaty a bit from his struggle to keep going. He took a pee as usual and decided to take a bath as he was already there. When he was about to strip to bath, Jihoon gasped when he saw blood. “What… what is this…” Jihoon felt his body ran cold.

He was panicked, eyes moving around. Jihoon didn’t know what to do. “Am I… miscarriage?” Jihoon questioned himself in panic. At instance, he hugged his stomach unconsciously. Jihoon couldn’t think straight, he made his way out from the bathroom with difficulty. He was still being careful, didn’t want to inflict more harm. He was afraid, for the first time he couldn’t think about possibility to lose the twins. Jihoon finally reached his phone and with trembling fingers, he speed-dialed a number.

While Jihoon was waiting the call to be picked up, he heard the front door open. Still in panic state, Jihoon shouted. “Jisoo hyung! Jisoo hyung! Help!” Jihoon felt his tears fallen, he started to cry. Every negative thought came to him as he still remembered the red spot. He felt hopeless, he was afraid to lose the babies. For the first time, his heart clenched to think about it. There’s rustling outside but Jihoon couldn’t focus.

“Jihoon?”

Jihoon heard the voice from his phone. “Seungcheol… I’m afraid…” Jihoon cried to the phone. He couldn’t think straight. At the same time, the door was opened. Jisoo rushed inside and saw Jihoon on the floor, pant less.

“Jihoon!” Jisoo quickly came to him. He saw the tears. “Jihoon? What happened?”

“Blood… I… The babies…”

“Jihoon? Jihoon! Are you okay? Jisoo, what’s going on?” Jisoo heard voices and saw the phone was on call. Jisoo took it from Jihoon who started to lose conscious for being panic and shock.

“Seungcheol, is that you? I don’t know yet, Jihoon is losing conscious. I will bring him to the hospital now. I will call you later okay? Don’t worry, I will make sure he is safe.” Jisoo said, ending the call. He went to get a bathrobe to cover Jihoon as he rushed to get Jihoon to the hospital. It was heavy task for him but Jisoo managed. Heavy worries about Jihoon overcame Jihoon’s weight Jisoo was bearing.

 

Jihoon shivered when he felt cold, bitterly cold. He couldn’t see anything it was dark but he felt something stared at him intensely. Not just one but many. He trembled as he hugged himself. The intense stare brought chills down his spine. Out of nowhere, Jihoon suddenly could see the eyes that stared at him disgusted.

“Look, that’s the guy.”

“Murder.”

“The guy that ungrateful.”

“The one that despise his own flesh?”

“Yeah, that’s him.”

Jihoon bit his lips hard. Along with the visible eyes, whispers filled Jihoon’s hearing and he felt small, afraid. He shook his head, hands brought to cup his ears blocking those whispers. But that’s a futile move;

Please log in to read the full chapter