005

(BxB) Strangers' Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Stalker turns father[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]It was exactly three months after that fateful night that Seungcheol was seeing how exhausted Jihoon lately. He got information from Seungkwan that Jihoon was having a major assignment for his practical subject that completely depended on this assignment for the passing grade. Seungcheol was worried to see how the stress ate up Jihoon, his eye bags hanging and face pale. He tried to help by giving Jihoon’s food and made sure he ate by telling Seungkwan to check on Jihoon often. Seungkwan of course agreed as he was worried about Jihoon too. Seungcheol stayed as Jihoon’s stalker for these months.

One day, Seungkwan had a test so he’s a bit busy to check on Jihoon. Lucky that Seungcheol already finished most of his coursework requirement so he had time to follow Jihoon around. Seungkwan told Seungcheol that today Jihoon had no class but going to meet his lecturer for the big assignment. He went to find Jihoon at the spot where Seungkwan told him. Jihoon was there standing with his phone, typing something. Seungcheol watched the smaller from his spot, noticing Jihoon was standing outside the shade. Probably Jihoon didn’t notice it or he just had a thick skin not to feel the direct hotness.

Seungcheol frowned when he noticed Jihoon almost lost grip of his phone. Jihoon held his head with his free hand, shaking his head a little. Seungcheol huffed. ‘That’s why it’s not good to stand under the sun.’ Seungcheol was about to send a message to warn the guy about it when he noticed the phone slipped from Jihoon’s grip. He startled and moved fast when he saw Jihoon slipping out of consciousness.

“Jihoon!” Seungcheol called; luckily he managed to catch Jihoon before the guy fell flat on the ground. Seungcheol shook Jihoon’s body a little just to find out Jihoon passed out in his arms. Few students around noticed the scene.

“Is he okay?” Someone asked.

“He passed out, don’t worry I’m his friend. I will bring him to hospital now.” Seungcheol said and picked up Jihoon onto his back, the smaller size made it easy for Seungcheol to carry the younger. Seungcheol was deadly worried about Jihoon on their way to the hospital.

 

 

“You can come inside, your friend has awake.” A nurse called up Seungcheol. Seungcheol quickly rose on his feet and followed her. When he arrived at the hospital earlier, he quickly called for a doctor to check on the unconscious Jihoon. The doctor and a nurse attended them and told Seungcheol to wait as they made checkups on the unconscious boy. Jihoon was taken to a treatment room and Seungcheol waited outside until now. “The doctor will come to see you and explain his condition later.” The nurse gave a smile. Seungcheol nodded and thanked the nurse. He scanned through the ward, it was shared by four people but there’s no one except Jihoon. Jihoon saw Seungcheol.

“Hey. Are you okay?”

“How I end up here?” Jihoon asked. Seungcheol sat on the chair beside the bed.

“You passed out you know. It scared the hell out of me, really.” Seungcheol exhaled. “You have worked too hard these days. And just now, you stand under the hot sun.” Jihoon sighed.

“I’m not that weak you know.” Seungcheol looked at Jihoon.

“I know that but you’re pushing yourself to your limit, don’t you think?” Jihoon wanted to retort but the door opened. A man in white coat came towards them. He smiled. Seungcheol got up and gave his slight bow. “Doctor, is he okay?” Seungcheol asked. The doctor looked at Jihoon.

“He’s fine, just lack of nutrient and exhaustion. Both of you are students?” They nodded. The doctor smiled. “Actually, I have another test that I think you should do, Jihoon ssi.” Jihoon blinked.

“Eh? Why?” Jihoon asked. Seungcheol looked worried. The doctor just smiled.

“It’s not a serious one. I just want to make sure something. I didn’t do it earlier because I want your consent.” Jihoon was thinking deeply.

“Is it important, doctor?”

“I guess, for future yes.” The doctor answered Seungcheol’s question. Seungcheol turned to Jihoon.

“Jihoon… I think-”

“If it’s concerning my health, I will do it.” Jihoon gave a look at Seungcheol. Seungcheol just smiled, happy that Jihoon thought well. The doctor nodded and asked for the nurse to bring Jihoon and Seungcheol to his room. Jihoon tried to talk out Seungcheol to stay away but the elder didn’t listen this time.

“I’m not leaving you until I know you’re fine.” Jihoon scoffed and said nothing more. They entered the room and waited for the doctor to come. The nurse instructed Jihoon to sit on the bed while Seungcheol sat on the available chair. Later, the doctor came and talked something to the nurse. The nurse nodded before she left.

“Can you lie on the bed, Jihoon ssi?”

“What kind of test you’re doing, doc?” The doctor chuckled to Seungcheol’s sudden question, just remembered that he didn’t tell them yet.

“Ahh, I’m doing ultrasound on him.” Jihoon and Seungcheol frowned. Seungcheol studied medical subjects so he knew exactly what ultrasound is. While Jihoon couldn’t understand.

“Why?” Seungcheol asked. The doctor smiled.

“I will explain after this. Jihoon ssi, this will feel cold a bit.” The doctor said softly. Jihoon hissed a little when he felt the cold gel on his stomach. Seungcheol stood up, looking at the monitor. The doctor was doing so too. Seungcheol froze when he understood what he saw. The doctor finished up the ultrasound and told that Jihoon could take a seat. He turned and saw the stunned Seungcheol while Jihoon was fixing his shirt. “Seungcheol ssi, you can take a sit too.” Seungcheol looked up to the doctor. The doctor smiled while Jihoon noticed the confused Seungcheol. “Have a seat.” The doctor said again as he patted Seungcheol’s back. Jihoon sat down on the chair and Seungcheol blankly followed. The doctor took his seat.

“How…?” Seungcheol questioned. The doctor looked at Seungcheol. Jihoon was still left clueless.

“I take that you know how about ultrasound image.” The doctor said to Seungcheol.

“I’m a medical student.” The doctor hummed.

“Oh, no wonder. Anyway.” The doctor turned to Jihoon. “I hope you can stay relax and stress-free Jihoon ssi, take care of your health, like extra careful.”

“Huh? Is there anything bad happened?” The doctor chuckled.

“Oh, no. It’s good news instead. But depend on how you take the news.” Jihoon looked at the doctor. “Jihoon ssi, you’re pregnant. For three months.” Jihoon widened his eyes in shock. Seungcheol was lost in his thought.

 

 

Seungcheol let Jihoon went inside. They’re at his apartment after Jihoon was allowed to go home. He suggested them to sit and talk as Jihoon looked pretty much shook until now. Jihoon agreed as he also needed a time to calm down before he could face anyone, moreover his parents. Seungcheol had recovered a little even though he was still dizzy about what he heard and saw. Deep within him, he was happy as he pretty much sure it’s his. “Sit down, I will get some water for you.” Seungcheol said.

Seungcheol placed the water in front of Jihoon before taking a seat beside Jihoon, with a s

Please log in to read the full chapter