Chapter Thirteen - The Present

The Remembered & The Forgotten (A BTS Fanfiction)

Lee Haein's POV

I stand in the living room, messy hair, crinkled clothes and watch my best friend in awe.

Soojin is cleaning. I repeat: SOOJIN is CLEANING. Like, what? Since when? I watch her run around our floor in shorts and a t-shirt, hair tied in a messy messy bun, and rubber gloves on, sweeping like crazy. Suddenly, she stops and stares at me. She smiles brightly.

"Hey you're awake! I was just doing a little spring cleaning!"

"It's December," I deadpan.

"Never too early for spring cleaning!" Soojin cheers. "Anyway, I was going to ask if you want me to do your laundry, wash you sheets, sweep your room? I'm already doing that all in my room so it'd be no problem for me to do yours as well."

"Um, no that's cool," I tell her, my eyes flicking from her smiling face to the broom in her hand. Who's this happy about cleaning?

"Come on! I insist!"

I look her in the eyes and notice it, a sense of desperation. But for what? Instead of fighting her on it, I simply nod my head and make my way into the kitchen. Soojin hollers a 'thanks' before dashing off to do who knows what. As I munch on an apple, I observe Soojin as she runs in and out of different rooms. What is up with her? I bite into my apple and tilt my head. I rest my head in my hands and try to think back to times Soojin has acted like this before. No, she never acts like this unless...

I stop mid bite as I realize what's going on. "Soojin!"

"What?" she answers, popping her head out of the laundry room door. 

"Come out and sit with me on the couch. We need to have a chat," I tell her.

"Um, if you didn't notice, I'm busy cleaning."

"Soojin," I say sternly.

She rolls her eyes and groans. "Okay! Fine, whatever!"

We both plop onto the couch at the same time. I stare at her and she stares right back at me.

"So, what is it you want to talk about?"

I open my mouth but then close it. How do I pose this question? "Did you, I dunno, somehow see Yoongi again? Or did Jimin mention him? I told him not to but you know how Jimin can be sometimes," I ramble.

"What? Did I see Yoongi? Min Yoongi? What? Psh, no way! I haven't seen that guy in years!" Soojin exclaims.

"Oh really?" I cross my arms and smirk.

"Really! I mean, sure there could be a possibility that I might've seen him as he was friends with Jungkook but I didn't! AND, if I had seen him, I would've told you! Obviously, since you're my best friend!" Soojin explains flustered.

"Mhm?"

"I'm serious!"

"So, why are you cleaning all of a sudden? We both know that the only way you clean is if your mother is coming over or if somebody mentions Yoongi," I say matter-of-factly.

"Surprise! My mom's coming to visit!" Soojin shout weakly.

"Really?"

"Okay, fine! You got me! I met Yoongi yesterday after class. There, you happy?"

"Very," I say. "What is he even doing here though?"

"My question exactly. He was with Jungkook so maybe he's visiting him," Soojin says.

"So, Jungkook remembered him," I mumble.

"Um, see. I wanted to not tell you this as well but I guess it's important you know."

"What is it?"

"Well, you see, Jungkook... He remembered me."

"He what?" I exclaim.

"Yeah, it was weird. It was the first time I've seen him since the incident and he just acted like this was a normal reunion. And then, Yoongi was acting all weird 'cause I tried to ask him questions about you and Jimin, I mean indirectly and all, and Yoongi just evaded every question like Jungkook couldn't dare answer them," Soojin tells me.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

We go silent for a while. The fact that Jungkook really remembered everyone but me makes me feel like maybe what we had wasn't real. At least not to him. I mean, why else would he forget me? I can't think of this right now. I turn to Soojin and smile brightly at her.

"What is it?" Soojin asks.

"Let's go and have fun together. Just you and me. We can forget this boy drama and just have a besties day. And then we can meet up with Minjoon and you two can act like the the love birds you are and we can both cheer up," I suggest.

"Sounds great! Let's do it!"

"But first, we should probably finish cleaning up so we don't leave a bigger mess than before."

"Yeah, we should."

We giggle and get to work cleaning up and getting ready for our day out. Once finally finished with cleaning, we start to get ready. I'm dressed before Soojin so I'm waiting in her room for her to be ready.

"Why do you clean when you hear about Yoongi?" I ask. I've been curious since the first time I mentioned him to her after their breakup. She just randomly had the urge to clean which was nice, but weird.

"I dunno," Soojin mumbles as she brushes her hair. "I guess it's a way for me to continue to forget. Like, when I'm cleaning, I'm too busy focusing on if the laundry's done to even think of another thought of him."

"Hm, maybe I should try that."

Soojin laughs. "It doesn't usually work dumbo!"

"Hey!" I shout.

Soojin giggles and grabs my hand. "Let us commence our bestie day!"

~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

The day was going pretty well. Soojin and Haein got mani-pedi's and got their hair done. They now have matching red streaks in our hair. They went shopping, which was actually great because they were able to get each other's Christmas presents and presents for other people as well. They decided to stop and get slushies (even though it's winter) before meeting up with Minjoon to spend some well-deserved time at a karaoke bar.

"Thank you!" Soojin and Haein cheer to the cashier.

"Mmm, this is delicious!" Haein exclaims.

"I still don't know why are drinking something cold while the weather is cold," Soojin says.

"We're doing it because we are rebels."

Soojin rolls her eyes and Haein laughs. As they walk down the sidewalk, Soojin rapidly hits Haein's arm.

"CODE RED, CODE RED!"

Haein looks ahead and sees Jungkook, Hae-In, AND Yoongi, walking directly toward them.

"What do we do?" Soojin whispers.

"I dunno! Turn the other way!"

But, before they can act out the plan, Jungkook—so kind and sweet Jungkook—calls out their names. Together, with forced smiles, Soojin and Haein turn around and face the trio.

"Oh hey! Didn't see ya there!" Soojin says.

"Yeah, crazy seeing you here!" Haein adds.

"For sure. Hey, I didn't know you knew Soojin," Jungkook says to Haein.

"Yeah, she's my best friend," she mutters.

"Interesting. She's one of my best friends too," Jungkook voices.

"Interesting indeed."

Haein watches as both Yoongi and Hae-In share a look before butting in to speak.

"So, what are you two doing out?" Hae-In asks.

"We're were just hanging out, trying to have a good time and avoid some negative feelings that have been around us lately," Soojin answers, not hinting at anything at all (note the sarcasm).

"Oh," she replies.

"Yeah."

"Long time no see," Yoongi finally says, staring at Haein.

"Yeah, it has been a long time," she says.

"Wait, you two know each other too?" Jungkook exclaims.

Yoongi realizes his mistake and his eyes widen. "Uh, yeah! She, uh, she..."

"I knew him before I moved here and before I moved to Busan," Haein blurts, surprising herself and the others around her.

"You used to live in Busan?" Jungkook asks (yet another question out of him).

"Yeah, I did."

Jungkook nods at that. Haein turns away from him, unaware of the intense gaze he's sending her. Hae-In notices though and a flame flares up in her. She grabs onto Jungkook's hand and harshly pulls him to her side.

"What are you guys doing?" Soojin asks while inspecting her nails. She was bored as ever and really didn't want to be talking to the people that she was suppose to be forgetting.

"We were out wedding shopping," Hae-In says nonchalantly.

"What?" Soojin and Haein yell out simultaneously.

Jungkook and Yoongi stare at the other two girls in fear. Though, Jungkook was unsure of what he, himself, feared. Was it bad he didn't want Haein to know? That he, for some reason, wanted to keep this a secret from her?

"Oh, you didn't know?" Hae-In questions with fake surprise. This was all coming together for her. Now Haein would see that Jungkook was hers for forever and there was nothing she could do about it.

"Jungkook and I are getting married,"

 

 

A/N

OMG! Y'ALLLLLLLLLLLL! Jungkook and Hae-In are getting married! No way! I can't believe this. This is crazy!

Just so you all know, it's really weird writing about winter when it's summer where I am. Like, it's boiling hot and then I'm writing about snow. Super weird. But, soon it'll be summer for these lovelies in my story. 

I think we've honestly reached a sort of half way point which is crazy, I feel like I've come so far from the first chapter. *wipes a tear from my eyes* Don't worry, a lot more is planned to happen with Jungkook's memories and all. 

Anyways, see ya later!

~TallProud

(Edited Kinda)