CHAPTER 6

You Belong With Me

If you can see I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see

Han Byul went to school as usual. With her worn-off sneakers and school uniform, big glasses and tied up hair, she waited for the bus while listening to Anne Marie's 2002. As her bus arrived, she rode it and went to her usual place. Unlike any other days, her favorite seat which is beside the window has been taken away by a boy. The boy was sleeping, Han Byul assumed by the way he closed his eyes. She just sighed and took another seat. The bus then drove through the road.


After 15 minutes, the bus arrived at a bus stop in front of Seoul High School. Han Byul gets off the bus and continues walking into the school. She walked toward her locker through the empty hallway. Han Byul smiled. Just the way I like, empty and silent. No crazy fangirl, no red carpet. Just nice. She arrived at her locker and took her books. She then walked to her classroom and took her seat beside the window.

She stared at the view outside the windows. As she was immersed with the view, the hallway slowly full with people and getting noisy with the students voice. Han Byul just wait for the girls to start screaming as usual, but today was different. The hallway suddenly went silent. It's weird. Han Byul got up from her chair and went outside her classroom. She saw her friends stand with other students, stunned at something, or someone. Looking at the source of the sudden silent, Han Byul went speechless.

 

There was a girl, or a goddess walking through the hallway. Her beauty captivates all the boys in the hallways including SEVENTEEN. Wow, she's pretty. I mean like, look at that face! Han Byul shifted her eyes to Wonwoo. Han Byul's heart dropped. Wonwoo looked at the girl with the look that Han Byul has never seen before. She knew that look. That's how she looks like when she looked at Wonwoo. He likes her. The girls stopped in front of the boys. All of them were blushing and their eyes go twice bigger.

 

" Excuse me, can you show me where the teacher's room? I'm new here, so I don't know where to go " she asked shyly. It takes 5 seconds for the boys to react to her question." It's this way " the boys showed the way using their hand, together at the same time. The girl laughed at their behavior.

 

" Em. As the leader of this group, let me introduce to you our group. We are called SEVENTEEN. I'm Seungcheol, the oldest of them " Seungcheol started the conversation while reached out his hand to shake with the girl.

 

" Oh, so you guys are SEVENTEEN. I heard a lot about you guys. Hi! My name is Son Na Eun. You guys can call me Naeun. Nice to meet you guys " Naeun smiled and shakes her hand with Seungcheol. The boys went fanboying on her smile. Han Byul just watches the scene.

 

" Let me introduce to you with the other members. This is Jeonghan, Joshua, Jihoon, Jun, Soonyoung, Wonwoo, Seokmin, Mingyu, Minghao, Seungkwan, Vernon and Lee Chan " Seungcheol introduce all the members one by one. Han Byul expects that Seungcheol will introduce her too, but he didn't.

 

" Hi everyone! Nice to meet you " she waved at all of them but her eyes stopped at someone and that someone is Wonwoo. Han Byul looked away. She felt her heartbroken to pieces.

 

" Let me bring you to the teacher's room. Guys, go to your classes. I will meet you guys at break " Seungcheol ordered them and leaving to the teacher's room with Naeun. The boys wave goodbye to Naeun. Han Byul went to her seat, somewhat felt upset.


 

Not long after that, Wonwoo takes his seat beside Han Byul. Han Byul faked her feeling with a smile.

 

" Hey, Mr. Wonu. You are late today. Mind to tell me why? " Han Byul asked bus she received no response from the boy. Han Byul holds his arm.

 

" Hey, are you okay? " Wonwoo just continue looking in front of him. After some moment, he turned to Han Byul.

 

" Byul-ah. Can you pinch me? "

 

" Why? "

 

" Just pinch me," Wonwoo said looking all serious. Han Byul pinches his cheek so hard, making him scream in pain.

 

" Wow, I'm not dreaming, " Wonwoo said while rubbing his now red cheek.

 

" What's wrong? " Han Byul asked the boy.

 

" Han Byul. I think I have fallen in love " the word make Han Byul's heart crumbled. Han Byul fake a smile.

 

" Really? With who? " Han Byul asked when she already knew the answer.

 

" Son Na Eun. The new girl. She's gorgeous. You should look at her, Byul-ah. She's like an angel fall from heaven. A goddess " Wonwoo describes the new girl with twinkling eyes. The eyes that I earning. Mr. Oh came into the class, stopping Wonwoo from his dreaming about Naeun. But the teacher did not come alone. He came with a boy and a girl. Han Byul's eyes went wide. Son Na Eun. Not only her but the whole class went silent. What kind of fate is this?

 

" Good morning guys. Today we have two new friends with us. Mind to introduce yourself? " Mr. Oh started. Naeun went forward first.

 

" Hello everyone. I'm Son Na Eun and I came from Canada. Nice to meet you. Let's befriend together " Naeun said with a smile, earning a loud cheer from the boys in the class including Jihoon. Han Byul can't believe her eyes. The shy Jihoon also join the boys, admiring Naeun. Wow, beauty really changes people, huh. Then the boy behind Naeun steps forward. Wait, I think I have seen him somewhere. But when? The boy who gave some cold vibe look around the class.

 

" I'm Lee Hong Bin," he said simple and cold. Wow, that's cold. The girls inside the class also went crazy.

 

"Omg, he's so cool and handsome! " Han Byul heard one of the girls said. Well, I admit that he's handsome but he can't fight Wonwoo. Han Byul looked at her side and saw Wonwoo admiring Naeun, smiling like an idiot.

" Well, that's simple. You guys have to guide our two new friends here, alright? " the class answered the teacher with a yes.

" Good. Now, Naeun can sit on the empty seat beside Jun over there " Mr. Oh pointed the empty seat next to Jun which Jun reply with a big smile.

" And Hongbin can sit in front of Han Byul over there " Mr. Oh pointed another empty seat in front of Han Byul. The two of them went to their designated seat. Then the class begins.


The break started and everyone in the class went to the canteen. Naeun already makes some friends in the class. She and her friends went to the canteen. Han Byul just finished tidied up her table when Wonwoo pulled her out from the class.

" Wonu. Stop pulling me " Han Byul said madly at Wonwoo.

" No, I won't. Today you must eat with us. No matter what happens" Wonwoo said. Han Byul smiled. Fortunately, he didn't forget me. Wonwoo pulled Han Byul until they arrived at the canteen. Han Byul and Wonwoo saw the other guys already waiting for them at a table. Han Byul and Wonwoo lined up to get their food.

" Today's menu is grilled prawn " Wonwoo whispered at Han Byul. Han Byul's eyes widen and she smiled widely when she heard the menu.

" Don't ever think to eat it. Pick anything else. You are allergic to prawn. I don't want you to be sick " Han Byul pouted. Wonwoo just ruffled her hair. After they got their food, they went to their table. Han Byul sat next to Wonwoo and Joshua.

" Long time no see, Byul," Joshua said ruffling Han Byul's hair. Han Byul smiled at him.

" Long time no see, Hyung " Han Byul smiled playfully. Joshua knocked her head.

" This kid " Joshua rolled his eyes. The canteen suddenly went quiet. Han Byul looked around. All the student's eyes focusing on the canteen's entrance. Han Byul shifted her eyes to the entrance. There were 6 boys, all tall entering the canteen.

Hongbin was one of them. They walked beside Han Byul's and SEVENTEEN's table. They sure are tall. The 6 boys then lined up to get their foods.
They continue to eat their lunch and joking around when suddenly a voice interrupted their conversation.

" Can we sit here? All the table was full " Naeun came to their table with her friends. Of course, the boys were starstruck. All of them were moving, making space so that Naeun can sit with them. Naeun decides to sit next to Wonwoo, pushing Han Byul and Joshua aside.

" Hey Han Byul, can we change seats? " Joshua suddenly asked, leaving Han Byul speechless. Han Byul nodded, still confused. They changed their seat with Han Byul at the end of the long chair.

" Hey, you are Han Byul, right? We are in the same class " Naeun asked Han Byul, all friendly. Han Byul smiled and nodded.

" I heard that you are friend with these boys since you were little kid," Naeun said, looking at Han Byul. Han Byul wanted to answer but got cut by Seungkwan.

" Yes, we have been a friend for about 10 years. She's like our own older sister " Seungkwan said.

" You are beautiful " Naeun sudden words make the boys laughed.

" You are so funny, Naeun-ah," Soonyoung said, making Han Byul frowned. Am I that ugly? The boys started to talk with Naeun, leaving Han Byul alone. Her food also barely finished. Han Byul felt left out. She picks up her tray and stands up.

" Hey, Wonu. I will go back to the class first " Han Byul said, nudging Wonwoo but he was too immersed with Naeun, he just ignored her. Sighed, Han Byul put her tray in the place provided for the used tray and went to the class. Little did she knows, someone watching her from afar.


Hi guys! Another update here. So VIXX is here, everyone! Sorry for the late update. With the current situation about Covid - 19, I feel worried about our health. Please make sure you guys take a good care of your hygiene, keep social distance, wear mask, don't go out too often, always wash your hands and put some hand sanitizers. We have to make sure that we can fight this virus! Take care guys! Bye!