CHAPTER 16

You Belong With Me

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor
All this time, how could you not know, baby?

Han Byul's eyes widen. She blinked her eyes repeatedly. Wtf is he talking about? Hongbin suddenly broke into a burst of laughter.

" You should see your face, Lee Han Byul. I swear to god, your face is freaking hilarious. I should take a picture just now," Hongbin said while laughing so hard. Han Byul looked at him, confused.

" Are you freaking serious about this, Lee Hong Bin?" Han Byul asked. After calming himself, Hongbin wiped some tears from the corner of his eyes. He looked at Han Byul while smirking.

" Of course not, Lee Han Byul. I'm just joking with you. My standard is too high for your height, you know," 

" Why? Did you felt disappointed? " Hongbin asked. Han Byul looks at her shoes. Hongbin was confused about her behaviour. Wait, don't tell me she really felt disappointed with this thing? Han Byul reduced her distance from Hongbin, surprising Hongbin with her sudden action. Han Byul now standing really close with Hongbin until Hongbin can smell her hair scent. Han Byul looked up and smirked.

" My standard is also too high for your grades, you know? Do that again, or I will make you see your ancestors at a young age," Han Byul said in a low voice. She smirked and stepped back, leaving Hongbin bewildered. Han Byul started walking to her house.

" Y-yah! Don't forget to eat your medicine and go to school tomorrow! " Hongbin shouted, waking up from his trance. Han Byul just wave her hand. Hongbin sighed. Lee Han Byul, what have you done to my heart?

The next morning, Han Byul wakes up as usual. She prepared herself to go to school. After wearing her school uniform and grabbed her backpack, she went out of her room. She walked through her living room and saw her father slept in the living room. She hisses at the pain in her arm.

Flashback~

Han Byul entered her apartment slowly. The apartment was dark, with no light was turn on. She tiptoed to her room until a voice stopped her tracks.

" Where did you go? " her father asked her, sitting on a couch. The living room was a reek of alcohol; Han Byul can smell it. She didn't look at the person, who was now standing with his hands on his waist. Han Byul didn't answer his question. She stayed silent.

" ANSWER ME!" her father shouted, making her flinched. Her tears threatened to fall.

" I-I was admitted to the hos-hospital ", Han Byul stuttered. Her father slowly gets closer to her, making Han Byul step back.

" Look, I don't care if you are sick or what; I want money. These few days were really tough for me because I don't have any money to gamble. Because of you, you are useless! You didn't give me any money, and you just disappeared! " Han Byul's father shouted angrily in front of Han Byul's face, making the girl put her hand on her ears instantly. Her father grabbed her arms tightly, Han Byul was sure that it leaves bruises.

" Give me money, NOW! "

" I don't have any mo-money, " Han Byul said, her voice and body trembled so hard. Her father slapped her face so hard, making her fall to the ground.

" Don't lie to me! I know you hide it somewhere," her father suddenly went into her room. He started rummaging through her closet, her study table, everywhere. Then his eyes spotted her other school bag. He took that bag and started rummaging it. Han Byul eyes widen. No, not that bag. She stormed to her father and tried to snatch the bag, but she was too late. Her father found an envelope contained her salary from the flower shop.

" Please, don't take that. I want to pay for my school fees. Please, " Han Byul begged while crying; she tugged at her father's hand. Her father slapped her hands away and slapped her face.

" How dare you lied to me when you have this many, huh? Useless! " her father said and stormed out from the house. Han Byul crying her heart out while hugging her knees.

End Of Flashback~

Han Byul sighed. How long do I have to endure this? Han Byul slowly took her shoes and went out of her house. She wore her earphone and played some songs on her phone. She waited for her bus to come to the bus stop. Not long after that, her bus arrived.

After 10 minutes of riding the bus, Han Byul arrived at her school. The school was quiet because it's still early. Han Byul went to her locker to grab her books for the day. Han Byul was fortunate that she has Hongbin to takes all notes, and the school works. At least she's not left behind when she warded at the hospital. After getting her books, she went to her class. After a few minutes, the hall was full of students. Jun, Soonyoung, Jihoon, Wonwoo and Naeun entered the class. When they entered, their eyes immediately landed on their best friend, Han Byul. Wonwoo brushes Naeun's hand on his arm and runs to Han Byul. Han Byul, who is still wearing her earphone and oblivious to her surrounding, was surprised when someone hugged her. Wtf?

" Uhhhh... Wonu? Can you let me go? " Han Byul asked while tapping his arm, but deep inside, she didn't want him to let go of the hug.

" I don't want. I miss my kiddo, " Wonwoo said while patting her head. The people in the class were already used to their interaction, so they didn't find it weird, except for Naeun. She was fuming with jealousy. Wonwoo broke the hug and held Han Byul shoulder, eyeing her from the top until the bottom.

" Are you okay? Do you still feel sick? " Wonwoo questioned her. Han Byul shooked her head.

" I'm fine. Geez, you are such a mom." Suddenly, Naeun came to them and pulled Wonwoo's hand from Han Byul's shoulder. Then she slung her arm with Wonwoo's.

" Are you feeling okay, Han Byul? I'm sorry we cannot visit you at the hospital. I got sick, so the boys have to take care of me," Naeun said. Han Byul can feel her heart broke into pieces. So now, Naeun is more important than me? Am I no one to them now?  Han Byul avoided looking at them. She can feel tears start forming in her eyes.

" It's okay. I took care of her when she was sick and almost die. You don't have to be worried." a voice speaks beside Han Byul. Han Byul look up and saw Hongbin, with his hand in his pocket, eyes glaring at Wonwoo. The atmosphere suddenly becomes tense. Mr Oh's coughing broke the silence.

" Alright, take your seat now " all the students took their seats. Wonwoo and Hongbin are still in their glaring war. Han Byul sighed.

" Lee Han Byul, are you feeling well now? " Mr Oh asked. Han Byul lifted her head and looked at her homeroom teacher.

" I'm okay, Mr Oh. Thank you for everything, " Han Byul answered. Mr Oh nodded.

" I'm glad you are okay. Let's start our class for today."


Hello guys! Sorry for the short chapter >.< Hope you don't mind. Tell me how was the chapter, okay? Bye!