CHAPTER 13

You Belong With Me

Dreamin' 'bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

 

Four of them looked at each other awkwardly. This is so awkward. Wonwoo and Naeun sat opposite Han Byul and Hongbin. None of them opened their mouth. I can't stand this.

" So, this is our first time working together, right? " Han Byul started a conversation. Three of them kept quiet. Han Byul rolled her eyes.

" Guys, we need to discuss our assignment. If you guys keep quiet like this, nothing will settle " Han Byul snapped.

" What should we do? " Hongbin finally speaks up. Finally. Han Byul smiled at him.

" Should we appoint a leader first? Anyone volunteer? " Han Byul asked.

" You should be the leader. You are smart and hardworking, kiddo " Wonwoo said. He didn't notice the change in Naeun's expression when he praised Han Byul, but Hongbin noticed it. Han Byul thought for a minute.

" Is it okay for you guys? " Han Byul asked.

" I'm okay with it " Hongbin answered.

" I will just follow what my boyfriend said, " Naeun said while holding Wonwoo's arm. Hongbin faked a gag. Han Byul nudged him. Hongbin rolled his eyes.

" Fine. So now, we need to divide some tasks. For the materials, each of us can search based on one subtopic so it will finish fast. After that, we can discuss together our findings on the subtopic. Then, do the presentation" Han Byul explained. Three of them nodded, understand.

" What topic we got? " Hongbin asked. Han Byul looked into her notebook.

" New notebook? " Wonwoo asked. Han Byul looked at him and her notebook.

" Ah, this? Hongseok Oppa gave me " Han Byul answered. How can he know everything about her? He also noticed she got a new notebook? Hongbin thought and eyed Wonwoo sidely.

" The topic is ' The Definition Of Love ' " Han Byul said.

" That kind of topic for history subject? What a joke " Hongbin said. Han Byul glared at him.

" Each of us must find the definition of love based on our own opinion. It can be the love of opposite gender, love from family, love on friendship and more " Han Byul explained.

" So, what subtopic do you guys want to choose? " Han Byul asked.

" I will choose love from family " Wonwoo answered. Han Byul nodded and wrote in her notebook.

" I will do love on opposite gender as I have a boyfriend now, " Naeun said while smiling widely at Wonwoo. Wonwoo smiled back. Yeah, whatever. Han Byul wrote down in her notebook.

" What will you do, Hongbin - ah? "

" Love on friendship " Han Byul nodded and noted down.

" What topic you will do, Byul - ah? " Wonwoo asked. Han Byul thinks hard and smiled.

" Love yourself"


Han Byul sitting alone in the class while doing her research for the group assignment. All of her classmates went for the lunch break. Han Byul wore her earphone and started focusing on her work when she sensed someone sat in front of her. She looked up and saw Hongbin, with his hand in his pocket. Han Byul lifted her eyebrows, questioning his presence there.

" I don't feel wanna eat today," Hongbin said. Han Byul nodded and continue her works. Ah, I forgot! Han Byul took the paper bag under her table and pass it to Hongbin. Hongbin lifted his eyebrows.

" Your jacket. I already wash them so it's clean. Thank you again " Han Byul said. Hongbin took the paper bag and looked inside it. His leather jacket was folded nicely inside the bag. Hongbin nodded. Then both of them silently do their works at Han Byul's table. Han Byul focused on doing her work, but Hongbin was not. Sometimes he will glance at Han Byul. When Han Byul not looking, he stared at Han Byul and examined her facial features, start from her eyes until her lips. Without the big glasses, she looks pretty. Wait, what?

" Is there something on my face? " Han Byul asked, making Hongbin snapped out from his thought.

" Huh? " Hongbin asked back.

" Why are you staring at me like that? " what should I answer? Think, Lee Hongbin. Think.

" Your glasses are really ugly " seriously, Hongbin? That's all that you can think of? Han Byul gave a small smile.

" Well, thank you, I guess " Han Byul said while looking down. Look what you did, Lee Hongbin. Hongbin mentally facepalms himself. Hongbin wants to say sorry when suddenly Han Byul stared at Hongbin.

" What? Is there anything on my face? " Hongbin asked the same question as Han Byul. Han Byul nodded.

" I wonder why everyone said that you are handsome. You are not that handsome to me. Wonwoo is more handsome than you " Han Byul fired back. Hongbin was speechless.

" Are you blind? Are you freakin' kidding me right now, Lee Han Byul? Why would you compare me with that dude? " Han Byul kept her stoic face. Hongbin let out a fake laugh. This girl really brave, huh. Just when Hongbin want to fired back, the bell rang. All the students came into their classes, including Wonwoo and his friends. Wonwoo sense some intense vibe around Han Byul and Hongbin. He lifted his eyebrows. What's with these two?

" Just wait Lee Han Byul. We are not finish yet " Hongbin said while making 'you-better-watch-out' sign.

" We will see, Lee Hongbin. How dare you comment on my glasses, huh? This thing is more valuable than your face, do you know that? " Han Byul said and smirked. Hongbin rolled his eyes and move to his seat. Wonwoo slowly approached his and Han Byul's seat.

" Hey, kiddo. Why I didn't see you at the cafeteria just now? " Wonwoo asked while patting Han Byul's hair. Han Byul gave a small smile.

" I'm not hungry and I want to finish my task first, so I don't have to think about it when I went home " Han Byul replied.

" Make sure you eat something. I don't want to see you getting sick. How can you pick the' love yourself ' subtopic but you don't know how to cherish and love yourself? " Wonwoo started nagging. Han Byul looked down. Hongbin heard Han Byul and Wonwoo's conversation.

" I have my reason... " Han Byul trailed off. Wonwoo looked at her, and his eyes softened.

" Byul-ah, if you have anything that bothering you, please tell me. You are my best friend, and I don't want to see you sad. It breaks my heart " Wonwoo said while holding Han Byul's shoulder. Can I tell you that your relationship with Naeun bothers me? Can I tell you that I want to be more than a best friend to you?

" I will. Don't worry about me, Wonwoo - ah. I'm really fine " Han Byul lied. You are lying, Lee Han Byul. Why can you just say that he makes you sad? Why can you say that you like him? Why you must let yourself suffering alone?


Lee Han Byul was wiping out a table after the customers left. While she was cleaning up, she remembered what Wonwoo said to her earlier.

" Byul-ah, if you have anything that bothering you, please tell me. You are my best friend, and I don't want to see you sad. It breaks my heart " it's hurt to hear the words 'best friend' from his mouth. Han Byul was in her daydreaming when she heard the bell in front of the door at the cafe rang, indicating that new customers came in.

" Wel- " Han Byul's sentence was cut off when she saw the new customers. Wonwoo and Naeun. Her eyes were glued on the couple.

" Oh, Lee Han Byul! What are you doing here? " Naeun said with a bright smile on her face. Her question makes Han Byul snapped out from her dazed.

" I work here. Wonwoo didn't tell you? " Han Byul answered. Her eyes were directly on Wonwoo.

" I forgot that your works here, Byul-ah," Wonwoo said. What the fish? Did you forget about my workplace? Before you dated Naeun, you always pick me up after I finished my part-time job at this cafe, and now you said you forgot? Love changed someone, huh?

" Well, it's possible for him to forget about it. What do you guys want to order? " Han Byul gave a small smile and went to the counter to take their order.

" I want strawberry frappe and what about you, *jagiya? " Naeun said with a cute and annoying voice while tugging on Wonwoo's arm. I want to vomit so bad right now. Ju Ho only stared at them from afar.

" Hot chocolate for you, right Wonwoo? " Han Byul asked Wonwoo. Wonwoo nodded his head. Naeun stared at both of them.

" How did you know what Wonwoo was going to order, Han Byul? " Naeun asked. Her eyes intensely stared at Han Byul.

" He always ordered that when he was here " Han Byul answered. Jealous on how I knew Wonwoo well than you, huh?

" I see. Why you didn't tell me your favorite drink, jagiya? I can order it for you " Naeun pouted. Wonwoo persuaded her by holding her hands.

" I'm sorry. I will tell you all about my favorites later, okay? Don't be like this " Wonwoo said. Naeun smiled again. Eww. Please get a room you two.

" Cool. I will call your number when it's ready " Han Byul said while giving them the receipt. Naeun and Wonwoo took a seat at the end of the cafe. Han Byul started preparing for their orders.

" He brought his girlfriend here? " Ju Ho asked while standing beside Han Byul and looking at Wonwoo and his girlfriend. Han Byul looked at him and nodded.

" I don't like her " Han Byul was surprised by Ju Ho's remarks but she continued her works.

" Why? I thought all boys admire girls like her. She gorgeous, rich, y, bright, friendly, and more "

" But she has a bad attitude, unlike you, " Ju ho said.

" How can you know she has a bad attitude? " Han Byul asked. Nice, hot chocolate made with love, and uwus are done. Now, strawberry frappe for that woman.

" It's obvious, my dear. People who don't see it have to get their eyes to check at the hospital " Ju Ho answered. Han Byul looked at Wonwoo and Naeun for a while and sighed. They were acting all lovey-dovey with Naeun's head on Wonwoo's shoulder while Wonwoo's tugging her loose hair behind her ears.

" It is also obvious that you are jealous of them, Lee Han Byul," Ju Ho said while smirking. Han Byul looked at him and shrugged her shoulder.

" What can I do? He is really happy with her. I'm happy for him "

" Are you really happy with this thing when in fact you are hurting, Lee Han Byul? " Ju Ho's question threw Han Byul off. Am I really happy with this?

*jagiya - honey, dear


Hi everyone! A new chapter is here~ Thank you for waiting for me. Finally, I'm in my semester break right now and I can update this story. Thank you for your patience while waiting for me to update the new chapter. I will work hard to update more often after this. Tell me how this chapter was, okay? Love you guys! Happy New Year! Bye!