The Falling: Part II

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had been doing her job of helping out in the library when warriors walked in. Their golden armor and heavy footsteps caught the attention of everyone there. "Halt!" with one word the bustling around the library stopped.

"Son Chaeyoung come here" She approached them scared, everything about them was intimidating. "What's this about?" she asked "Just follow us" was her reply and she asked no further questions. They descended in a place she'd never been to and never thought she'd have  to visit; The Almighty's temple. The large doors opened and she was escorted in by the warriors, she looked towards the end of the hall and there The Almighty sat on his throne. She was told to walk and she did until she stood in front of him. It was only now that she noticed Jeongyeon on a podium and a book at hand, a book she recognized all too well. Chaeyoung's breath caught in she look into Jeongyeon's eyes who was already crying crocodile tears 'Could it be?!' she thought and was baffled when she heard her own thoughts out loud echo through the temple.

"Here I can hear your every thought" The Almighty's voice boomed, "Son Chaeyoung, you do know that I am forgiving right?"
'Yet you punish us on the free will you gave us' and once again her thoughts echoed through the room.
"Yes, I have blessed you with many things, for you are an Angel not a human.I'm sure those blows you took to the face a couple days just stinged a bit, a human would've needed a trip to a hospital" He walked down in front of her and Chaeyoung felt chills go down her spine
"I've given you artistic ability that doesn't compare to that of humans, flight, intelligence, strength and yet you want more, while all I ask of you is to do your job and act civil"
Chaeyoung had never really thought of it that way, she felt ashamed for wanting more
"I'm sorry"
"I know you are and I would've forgiven you, but there is something I cannot allow, and that is you doubting me" He looked down at Chaeyoung, "Do you now what happens to the nonbelievers, to those who want to be on the same level as me"
"Yes sir, I I've heard the stories" She stuttered while she cried, she knew what was going to happen, she realized why Jeongyeon was crying.
"Then, I'm sure you know what happens next? You have never felt the pain you will feel today" He said as he tugged on her halo making her hiss in pain. Angels were strong, and barely felt pain and the most painful experience that could ever happen to them was getting their halo ripped of. Some died or passed out due to it being so painful, getting your halo ripped immediately took away your ability to live in Heaven, banishing angels from all they've  known. Kicked out never to see their friends or their home again, Chaeyoung cried helplessly 'How did he find out'
"Unfortunately for you, a Messenger was listening in on your conversation with the Gatekeeper, came and told me everything" He folded his hands behind his back and made his way back to his throne and sat "I'll allow you to say your goodbyes to your precious friend and I have given you one last mercy by allowing her to gift you with something"

Jeongyeon ran towards Chaeyoung and wiped away Chaeyoung's tears with the sleeves of her shirt. They both sobbed while holding each other, Jeongyeon had been the closest thing she had to a care taker and now she was about to be separated from her. The thoughts that couldn't be voiced out loud echoed through the temple.

'I'm sorry i couldn't take care of you more, teach you more, you were all I had and even when you're not by my side I'll still look out for you all the way from the clouds' Jeongyeon's thoughts rang, and all Chaeyoung could say was 'I'm sorry, I should've known better, I'm sorry I let you down' They finally let each other go and Jeongyeon placed Chaeyoung's book in her hands and tying it to her wrist with a small rope, "It will be painful but you must endure it, this book will help you when you're down there, if-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter