Chapter 2

Breathless

Mark came home that day from work. He felt tired, exhausted. Not because of his work but because of the overuse of his brain. His request been rejected was like a nightmare for Mark.

Mark enter his one and only home now, the roof of the four story apartment. Mark could only live and taking care of the only shelter he had on this roof. A small hut that were originally used to breed pigeons but not been used anymore. Mark manage to expand the Hut a little bit bigger then it's original size. Before, once for one person. Now only two person could stay in there since his budget can't stretch that far to expand more. Mark enter his home. He throw his bags on his mattress on the floor and started to brew a coffee on the small kitchen beside his bed. Mark wait for the brewing to boil. He turn his body away from the stove and move to the outside of his house. Mark roam the area around him which is the rooftop of the 4 story building. He stop in front of a barrier brick, sale length as his waist. Mark lean forwards and rested his arm on the brick as he rest his chin on his hand. His eyes gaze upon the city light. Even though the future is quite amazing, so does the corruption. 

Mark snorted of when he thinks about the corruption among the businesses. He pulled away ready to enter his home, when his eyes saw a shining bright light flew above him in the sky. Mark was so amaze as his eye locked with the flying bright light. A thought came to his mind as he closed his eyes and wish for a miracle happen to him and hopping that a few changed would happen also when the fun arises by tomorrow. As Mark complete his wishing. He open them add saw the bright thing flew above the reserve Park and forest as it disappear into the night. Mark divert his eyes from the sky and enter his home 

 

-*-

 

" Mr Gomez please... Hear my explanation first. I must do this. 6 years.. 6 years I've been like this. This is my only change. If I could prove it to you that the suit will work the way I vision it. I promise you that it won't dissapointed you and the Jeneral.. I just need your approval..  Mr.  Gomez..." 

Mark follow the old scientist each steps wherever he goes Mark will follow after. There's a chaotic happen in the laboratory. Mr. Gomez is the one who is  in charge with resource affair. Since there's a mystery crash site happen in two places.  2000 kilometres away to the east and 500 kilometres to the west. There is so much thing to do. Mark didn't give up.  He still follow his superior every movement even though the high ranked scientist didn't give a single glance to him.  The scientist is busy accepting approval from the other scientist for a permission to go the this crash site. Finally, when the high ranked walk his way into his office, Mark use this as a chance he could settle down and talk with his superior, face to face without any interruption.. Mr. Gomez abruptly stop his pace when his office door is closing caught Mark off guard. 

" Mark, I know what you want! But I can't. Weather the suit Is working or not it won't change a thing. They postponed the presentation that will happen in the next month to come.  Eventhough I will give you this but It will all be useless. Your afford, your hard work. They will not lay a single eye on you. Why,  because of this. "

Mr. Gomez throw a white file on his table causing a few of the contains to come out. A picture of some thing. Mark move his eyed down and looked at the pictures. He reach out his hang and grab the picture to see what it shown. Mark saw a huge shape. The dark shape that had dig a hole far deeper when it crash on the ground. Mark saw the dark shape looks like a rock. But, it's higher dense and contrast then a normal rock. It looks smoother and beautiful to see. Like the rock is made by hand from scratch. Some sort of like a meteor.

" It's a meteor? " said Mark voicing out his reference regarding with the picture.. 

" Yeah!  You think so? "

Mark nodded his head. 

" Listen here.  We are not the only scientist here in this world. There's a lot of people working like us. The CEO already instruct a huge recruitment to go there early to have that to ourselves before the other company even set a foot there.  Before the MIA ( Mystery Investigation Agency ) did.  How about you forget about this " suit " 

Mr. Gomez quoting the " suite" with his finger 

" and if you go there and find a specific interesting investigation. I will considers to have your place right there. Next to my office.Thats what you want right? To be promoted. 6 years Mark you work so hard and I give you the chance just this once and all your hard work will be pay off. The department of Hexagon Agent will be yours..  " 

 

Mark quicken his pace going towards his own lab. When he enter the door, he go straight to his station and started to pack what is needed for his journey going 500 Kilometres away from the company. 

" Mark!!  Did you see this? "

Said Jackson peeking through the window while shoving chips down his throat. Jackson is looking at the troops Marching down the hallways towards the back garage. 

" Damn... They are one hell of a man!!! " 

Jackson still shoving chips into his mouth. His eyes won't avert everywhere but still glued to the Marching troops. When his ears sense a stimulation happen behind his back. Jackson turn around and saw Mark is packing his back in a hurry.. 

" WOW WOW!!!  Where are you going? " 

Jackson raise both his hand up to get Marks attention. 

" Jackson.. We need to go! "

Confused and lost Jackson answer back.. " Go where? "

 

" Remind me again why I am here?  In the middle of no where? " said Jackson whining about where they are under the peeking hot sun. 

" Because we had a job Jackson! " said Mark didn't give the full information to Jackson. 

" Really? In the desert? " said Jackson resting hid hand in his hips. " Remind me why are we friends? " 

Mark continue his walk,  he only side glance Jackson while rolling his eyes and reply back " It's your choice Jackson. If you don't want to come. It's okay. I didn't said you can come with me. "

There's only a few moment of silent, bugging Marks thinking. He thought Jackson already left. The moment he turn around, he saw person laying down on the yellow sand. There's no time to think when Mark rush to Jackson who's laying on the floor. 

" Oh My Gosh!! Buddy are you okay? " said Mark, while gently slapping Jackson on the cheeks. Jackson could only close his eyes like a lifeless person. Jackson mouth move in a slow moment. 

" come again? " said Mark didn't catch what Jackson going to say. Jackson lift his hang up and motion Mark to cole closer. Mark did follow. He mean down and stick his ear out to hear what is Jackson had to say. 

" You care about me? "

" What! Of course I care about You? Wait-..  "

Mark study the situation he's into. He glare at Jackson face before he decide to throw the head away on the ground.. 

" You think this is a game or something!! "

Jackson burst out laughing, causing his hyena laugh to echo around the vast sand.. Jackson clutch his own stomach before he decide to stood up in his own foot. 

" B chill dude!! It just a joke. Come on!! Of course I follow you everywhere!!! Silly Mark!! " said Jackson coming forward to where Mark is standing and hook both their arm together and lead the way towards the campsite. 

During their time walking through the the desert. Both of them finally reach the camp site. The huge canvas that covering feet to feet wide and feet to feet tall. Jackson and Mark began to approach the place where all Soldier guarding the place as a quarantine area. So so civilisation shout be there. 

" Mark act cool!! Act cool! " Said Jackson while walking a head of him. With his head high up. Jackson walk like he own this area. Like he is on the VIP checklist. Jackson swiftly show his name card that he work for hexagon and immediately the soldier let him in without any further question. From behind, Mark could only rolled his eyes and aimlessly he follow Jackson...

 

" What in the world of huge popcorn is this!! " said Jackson when his eyes landed on the huge unknown thing on the ground. 

" It's a meteor! " said Mark flopping down on the ground, working with his bags to find something he can use. 

" No Rachel! It not a meteor!! Its a..... An alien!! Thing! " Jackson tried to make a conclusion based on the situation he just investigate. By curious. 

" Really how can you tell? " Mark said playing along

" Let me show you! " After Jackson said that, he bend down and pulled his right shoe and began to throw it towards the unknown rock. When the impact hit the surface. A blue electric began to spread out on the surface like a wave..

Mark was amaze. Base on his Judgement,  he thought that thing is just a piece of rock from outa space. But when Jackson done his theory has change a lot of Mark perspective.. 

" Well look at you! Felling confident aren't we? " said Mark looking at Jackson giving his compliment to Jackson. Jackson only blush and respond back saying " Well thank you my good sir!! "

Mark could only chuckle back and began to do his stuff. " Now, why don't you stand here and observe while I'm going down! " 

" yes captain! " said Jackson while making a salute. Mark began to slide down the hole going towards the alien thing!!!  The Luther scientist was there too. They had their gadget with them making an analysis. Luckily, they didn't see the blue electric that respond back through the impact from Jackson shoes.  Mark is busying himself with his research while Jackson sitting down up there, with his eyes looking up and his mouth open a jar.. He's bored an he knows it. Jackson began to snap out from his stupid delusion he's into. He almost saw an ice cream hanging on the ceiling. Jackson brush his hair, and began to stood up. He's sleepy and craving for something to eat! 

" Mark!  If you need me, I'll be outside. " said Jackson shouting form the top so Mark could heard it. Mark respond back with a thumbs up and off Jackson goes from the tent. Jackson shove both his hand into his pocket and began to walk around the tent. When Jackson feet stop at the back tent, he suddenly felt going to pee. His feet automatic move on it's own leading Jackson towards a dead bushes beside the cactus. Jackson was going to let everything our on that moments but when his eyes landed on something peculiar, everything. All his duel felt shutting down. Including the urge he felt going to pee. Jackson didn't waste any minute as he runs back towards the tent. He's going to call for Mark! 

 

" What do you think that thing is?  " said Jackson standing 5 feet away from Mark. 

" I don't know Jackson. It looks like a footprint! " said Mark investigate the place. Mark turn around looking for Jackson who's far away from him. " What the- come here. It's not contagious or anything! " 

" No unless You tell me what it is then I will go there! "

" It's a footprint Jackson.."

" I know it's a foot print but what kind of foot print is that!! "

Mark doesnt know what else to say but " WOULD YOU COME HERE!! " and turn back to the foot print! Mark took out a measuring tap and began to measure the footprint on the yellow sand. Far more bigger than an average man foot size. 

When Mark heard a movement coming from his behind. The sound of a boots stepping on a dry twig coming near him. 

" Jackson look " Mark pointed out the print with the ruler he's holding. " What do you think it is? "

" What ever it is I don't want to know. It must coming from the alien thing... " 

Mark couldn't agree more. The foot size and shape Is far more than odd then a normal human. Even animals. They didn't match at all. Mark try to figure something out when Jackson started to take a few steps in front of him. 

" Mark.... "  said Jackson slowly getting Marks attention. Mark heard his name was been call. He lift his head up and look at Jackson in front of him. 

" What is it! "

But Jackson didn't said anything. Instead he use his finger to point out something he had found. Didn't move his gaze away but his eyes glued to something he saw. 

Mark stood up from his crunching position and walk a few steps to Jackson. Again he ask " what is it? " when Jackson didn't say a thing but still pointing at the something. Mark follow the finger which where it's been pointed. Again, the foot print on the sand. Thus one is different. It catch Mark attention immediately. He began to take back his measuring tap and began to measure the size. The shape and the size represent a monkey foot print. 

" WHAT A DAMN MONKEY DOING HERE IN A FREAKING DESERT " 

" I don't think it's a monkey Jackson "

" Then what is it? " 

" I'm not sure! But look where it goes " 

Marks eyes slowly lifting up to see where the foot prints lead. 

" It change " Mark whisper. His heart beat pounding fast in his chest. His mind wheel are all rolling. Mark though they may have going with new discovery. But what it is, where it leads is unknown. The foot prints started to change. It's not evolve but physically change. Mark and Jackson slowly follow the foot print when it slowly it began to change. When both of them stop at the last one. The foot size and shape represent a perfect average human feet. 

" it try to fit it! "

" What? " 

Mark didn't say anything back. Instead his eyes stare at nothing but his long thinking. When his brain discover the right thoughts, He began to lash out. He turn around and began to charge towards Jackson. Excited yet amaze. 

" Jackson! You know what am I thinking "

" Yeah! We should go and report this to the authorities.."

" What NO!  Silly. We had to catch it. "

" WHAT THE F-... FREAK.. YOU MAD TUAN! "

" no I am not. Think about it. If we discover this, we won't be staying at our current position Jackson. We could be something else. Think about it. This Is a chance we could change everything... "

Jackson try to digest the words little by little. He began to gulp his own saliva. 

" I don't like the way you thinking Tuan! Can you look at it. It's disappear. We won't easily find it.. "

" No, it's not disappear.."

Mark stepping away from Jackson and show the shape that surround the end of the trial. 

" Don't you see, the dead leaf, the sand is been completely sweep off. "

" so you mean it flew a way. Great good job. A giant hawk grab the alien a way! " said Jackson began to clapping his hand. Mark didn't respond back to Jackson being sarcastic so sudden. Instead he made an inspection. To coordinate where this creature went to. Mark stood right on the spot on where the creature or it began to disappear.  Marks eyes roam every possible way to where it went. When something click in Marks mind, He turn around and started to point to the city. 

" There! It went east! "

" You kidding. The city? How stupid this think can be? "

" Not stupid idiot! But smart. It need to blend in. Beside it will find food and water. There's a bunch of resource there. The city is where it went! "

 

-*-

When sunset approaches, Mark and Jackson is the one who return back early than the other scientist there. Since they have found what they been looking for. They didn't forget to demolish all possible evident so that no one will felt suspicious..

When Mark went home from work alone as Jackson carry own with the bus to go to his destination,  exhausted as usual. But Mark shrugged them off his shoulder and he went to the nearby forest to clear up his head. He went to a hill and sit on the bench and stare at the city light. The weather is externally cold when night approaches but hot and sunny when dawn comes. 

Mark and Jackson already plan what they have to do on their way back to the city a while ago. The city light view from the hill is where Mark could only think longer on where this creature locate at. 

Suddenly, the dark sky turn so bright. The clouds move and show the hidden moon. Mark look up at the Moon when he saw a shining line of light flashing his face. 

He thought it was weird since his only spot was where the light illuminate but he didn't care since he need the light since the place was pitch black. When he wanted to get up, he sense something. He thoughts it was his imagination but when he heard a humming voice, his body stood still and his hair stood up. He want to run away but his conscious says go investigate. Since he was a scientist, new stuff is in the scientist vocabulary.

He followed the humm sound and he stop where he found a pond. The moon was shining so bright on top of the pond and illuminate with the water. When his eyes catch the water was moving, he narrow his eyes when he saw something emerge from the water. 

His eyes widen open wanting to shout but nothing came out. His eyes stare at the thing when his head study it. Its a human! But this human was different. He was paler than any human. The skin colour was matching so beautiful to the person. 

The person turn around in shock when he found himself been watch. He wanted to swim away but Mark spoke. 

" No don't go away! I'm not gonna hurt you " 

Mark was stun when he saw and eye that so different from any human! His eyes was shimmering blue with a few shining white small dots looking at his own brown one. 

" Can you talk? " he ask again... Just to make sure

The person stare at him strangely " Yes! "

Mark smile when he heard the person talk. " aren't you feel cold? "

The person tilted his head and said " cold!?... Not really... A little bit "

" can you come out!? We can talk " Mark try to persuade the person.. 

But the person shake his head " I can't!.... I don't have any cloths on "

Mark was worried " Then come here! " he shed his thick coat from His body " I'm not gonna hurt you ! " 

The person did swim towards the shore. When the persons body rose from the water, Mark had to look away as the person grasp the coat from Marks hand. Mark Tuan turn and look at the persons face. He was amaze when he sees something so pure and clean.. 

" why are you starring at me " the person said shook Mark from his mind talking.. 

" Um.. I was just wondering!... What are you? "

" what am I? " Mark nod " I... Don't know " 

Mark frown when he heard that. He try to ask another question " perhaps... Do you know your name?.. I'm Mark! "

The person trouble face was clearly on his face. He blink wanted to say anything but nothing came out. 

" I'm.... I'm..... I'm.... "

" you don't have to tell me if you want!? " Mark said doesn't want to pressure the person. 

The person turn and look at Mark!

" I'm..... Jinyoung! "

' Jinyoung ' Mark let the name echo inside his head but that is not the thing he should worry about. 

" Do you feel warm? "

" Yes, thank you.. "

Mark look at the person snuggle into his coat. Mark didn't felt cold get into his thin white button down shirt. He suddenly felt warm. Mark could only has both his eyes staring at this creature. He is not sire whether this is what are they looking for or it just someone homeless.. Mark didn't think twice when he decide to bring Jinyoung home to his house. 

 

 

 

A/n Annyeoung!!!  (bow down)  I am so sorry for letting you guys waiting. Only 2 chapter I already uploaded for you guys. The next update will be out soon. I need a serious edit to do. So,  I'm so sorry. Every update will be on Saturday or Sunday since Monday to Friday is a busy day for me. 

There's a new story I made. Only one chapter already been uploaded. So for Mark Fan, you are welcome to read them. It's MarkXOc..  The name of the story is Edit My Love Story. I'm sorry it's not a MarkJin story. I try to do this story as much as I want this story ( edit my love story)  to be MarkJin but...  Why don't I try something new.. Right? 

annnddd don't forget to follow me😊 or nah😕 on Instagram ( if_imaginationfantasy ) #accountonlyformybookcollection/fanfic account because if you guys want to know what kind of story I make in the future, everything will be inform over there. So, do drop by.. 

Last but not list, the first chapter and second are kind of slow. But be prepare when chapter 3 to 5 will be out Saturday or Sunday next week I guess. Or.... 

Now, thank you for subscribing this story. Thank you so much for the support on the other MarkJin book. Because of you all I could finish it before Christmas 😄🙌 . Today, we all will be walking this alien road. 😂 thank you again for your support and your patience. We all busy this days. I assume we all feel the same way.  

meet you guys next Saturday or Sunday... 👋 

❤ IF