Chapter 3

Breathless

Mark lead the poor soul to his place. He hopes that this new person he just help doesn't go picky. With a heavy heart and a heavy mind, Mark brought the homeless man with him as they take their steps on the metal stairs which is located right at the back of the apartment. Mark lead the person until they reach his home. As the door open, ashamed consume Marks body as they runs wild in his system upon on the messy place he got there. 

" I'm sorry about the mess. I didn't expect to have guest to my small, humble place. But, please do come in. "

Mark explains to Jinyoung. Jinyoung didn't utter any words. With his hand clutch on the coat that hanging on his milky shoulder, with z smile and a little bit of a nod. He enter the shelter that been provided for him. After Jinyoung enter the home, Mark nervously close the door as he awkwardly move around the place. 

" Um,  do want anything to drink? Coffee or Tea? "

Jinyoung did not respond any of those offer. Instead he stood silent with an obvious confuse look in his face. Mark breath in a shape breath as he understand or not understand why this person doesn't know what he wants to drink. Or could this possible the creature they been looking for? 

" I guess tea would be nice.. "

Mark chooses the rightfully drinks for his guest. After he start to boils the kettle on the stove, Mark turn around and saw Jinyoung sit in one of his bed with his coat is the only fabric that cover his whole body. Astonish and completly stupid, Mark step towards his small wardrobe. He began to push and pull the 2 level compartment to find something warm for the person who sit behind him. When he set his mind on the right cloths he choose, he brought them towards Jinyoung. His hand extended towards Jinyoung with the cloths in between his grasp. Jinyoung didn't say anything but silently stare at the fabric inbetween Marks hand and slowly his head follow by his eyes, slowly they began to trace the hand up to it's owner. When Mark eyes stare deep into Jinyoung's gaze, he sees beyond the thing he sees on the outside. Like a flash back been projectile inside his own mind, he began to see a war. But, Mark snap out from his delusional and gently shove the cloths to Jinyoung. 

" Here, have some of my cloths. It's not appropriate for you to stay here like that. There's a bathroom over there so you can change up "

Mark pointed the room for Jinyoung to acknowledge. The kettle began to whistle to rid that the water had reach it's full temperature. Mark move away and begins to brew some tea for the two of them. Mark busily with the tea in hand when his ears heard the sound of z door opening. His head spontaneously lift up and see the sound coming from. Jinyoung stood out from the bathroom with a cozy knitted white shirt with Marks only long pants, he began to walk back to where he originally sat at. Mark could only form a small smile as his heart humble to let a stranger to use his belongings. 

" Feeling cozy? " 

Mark ask when Jinyoung nodded his head. Mark turn back to the cup of tea he made and began to give the other one for Jinyoung to drink. Jinyoung with a shaky hand he reach out to grab the cup of tea with both his eyebrow and eyes raise up in confusion. 

" It's a tea.. You drink it.. "

Jinyoung hold the cup of tea close to his mouth with a cautions act. Jinyoung doesn't know what to do. He slowly slide his tongue out from his lips and let the tip of it touch the milky brown colour. As his tongue touches the water. His eyed glittering with excitement. Soon, voices of pure bliss pierce through the quiet surrounding. 

Mark was so surprise when he heard the shrieking sound going inside his earlobe. Shocking and afraid he might done something wrong 

" Why?  What's wrong?? "

" It's sweet! "

Jinyoung said with a happy expression on his face. Mark let out a heavy breath out from his lung. " Yeah, they suppose to taste sweet. If not the bitter taste will be dominant your taste buds. You will not like it. "

Jinyoung began to drink the tea again. Excitement of the sensation from the sweet taste radiate through out Jinyoung's body. A wave of cloud started to change on Jinyoungs skin. As it represent the true feeling he felt. How colourful he felt just by tasting a sweet tea. 

Mark eyes widen open when he saw the actual happen in front of him. He saw his guest skin change colour. A wave upon wave of different shade of red and orange.  Mark doesn't know how to react. Whether to, widen his eyes and jump away from this unnatural being. I team he choke his own tea. Patting his own chest while coughing to clear his block throat. Once he is already relief his problem.Mark began to have question linger in his mind. 

You're Jinyoung right? "

Mark began to question his guest. Jinyoung only nodded his head and stare at the man's face.

" Umm do you have family? "

Jinyoung face began to drop when the said man mention about family 

" What's wrong? " Mark ask when he notice that Jinyoung's face change. " My parents!....... They all dead ". Astonish and regret Mark scold himself for asking a trivial question. Of course, Mark has to know something.who knows this person a serial killer or something that coming from the huge popcorn like what Jackson had said before that this thing would have abducted him and sell his organ.. Mark should think of something too high about a person. Who know this person meant no harm.

" I'm sorry for making you sad. " Mark sincerely said putting down his cup of tea on the floor. he also reach his hand out and grab the cup away from Jinyoung's hand. Jinyoung was like a child with their teary face when their lovely snack been snatch away from them. To Jinyoung he like the taske of the liquid. he felt happy. he want that sweet liquid and he want it badly. roughly, Jinyoung grab his tea back and glare at Mark like some sort of a predator protecting its meal. Mark sense the deadly stare at him. he was stun at first but surrender with both his hand up in the air.

" sorry! i was going to let you sleep. That's why i took your tea but you can have it!!! " said Mark couraging Jinyoung to have it back. Mark sit silently, with the cup of tea back again in his hand and watch Jinyoung enjoy the tea he made.He rested his back on the cold wall and cross his legs. Marks train of thought choo chooing in his mind. 

' what an odd creature... ' he refer to Jinyoung. For a person who doesn't even know what sugar is, Jinyoung could be the exmple person. They will become addicted in one taste. Unless Jinyoung is not a human at all.  Mark is not that sure. Making an assumtion is not always been the answer. He eventualy will find out soon enough. Jinyoung stare at his empty cup. he even turn the empty cup upside down to check if theres more inside the empty cup. He even stick his eyes inside the empty. Mark on the otherside, amusely he chuckle and push himself off his sitting possition. crowling towards the clueless person. Mark grab the empty cup and pour his remaining tea inside Jinyoung's..

" Here have mine." 

after he gave his to Jinyoung, Mark stood up and walk to the kitchen. Cleaning his cup as his back facing towards where Jinyoung was, Mark continue to do his cleaning. after he's done, wipping his wet hand with the towel hanging on the shelves, Mark turn back and saw no one behind him. Surprize and panick. Mark don't understasnd why he suddenlyt felt panicking for a vanish person. His legs walk by their own and lead Mark outside the house. His instinct told him to go and search for Jinyoung. For a starnger, Mark should be relief that a stranger should gone from his nest.. something science can't prove about, Mark was looking and worried about Jinyoung.  Stepping his bare feet outside his small home, the clod breeze sting his warm one. mark quickly jump away from the cold concrete floor outside his home. Ahead of him is where Jinyoung is standing. With his bare feet, Jinyoung stare the sky. his head bend backward 90 degree, so that he could look at the perfect sky tonight. Star are all out. 

blowing his breath out from his lung. He felt light when he blow the air out from his lung. he doesn't know holding them. Mark look around him to find a slipper or anything for him to gp towards the person standing on the coldest weather. 

Jinyoung look at the star. He is not admire or amaze by the stare. Instead he feel sad and empty. A single tears fell down and slide on his cheeks. the tears, safely fall and clash on the concrete floor. Mark approch from the back with his blankets in his hand. Before he could reach to Jinyoung, a great 5 feet away from where he stand, he hear something..more likely a whisper.

" tay ef... ae ill jo ou wen te ims ome.. " 

Mark didnt get it. He think Jinyoung was chantting a random words so he does not pay any much attention in it. He continue to walk closely to Jinyoung and wrapped the warm blanket around Jinyoungs body. Jinyoung look at the human who wrapped the blanket around him. he didn't say a think instead he welcomes the warmness around him. 

 

-+-

 

 

As the morning comes, saturday arrive mark the day for no working day. Mark wokes up when he felt his head become heay and heavy by the strange heaviness he felt. He abrutly woken up before his head make contact with the cold floor. Mark blink his eyes to wash away the sleepiness still linger around him. He rub his eyes and focus infront of him. He look straight to the futon been layed on the ground empty when no one was there. Mark turn to himself and notice he had sleep while sitting beside his own bed. Thats why he felt the heaviness on his head. Because gravity call. Weird and confuce Mark furrow both his eyebrows and keeps on questioning why he sleep in a sitting position and not sleep on his confortable squishy futon. When senses knocked his memory, Mark knew that he has a guest. Well, he had a guest. Mark look around to search for any movement produce when there is none. Jinyoung is gone. Mark doesn't know whether to feel relief or to feel worried because

1) Jinyoung is a stranger. If he's gone then.... well thats good.

If not because of Mark's science instict kick in, he wont been feeling worried that Jinyoung is gone.Becuase..

2) Mark have this feeling that Jinyoung is one of the creature that coming from the " huge popcorn " like what Jackson said yesterday. That mean Jinyoung is valueable for his carrier. I mean for him and Jackson carrier. 

Without no time to loose, Mark began to stood up and search the whole area to find a body that move around his home. Judging by the small house that Mark own, it should not be that hard to find a person right? Wrong... Remember, Jinyoung is not a normal human. infact, he's not a human at all. Frustrating that his price possesion is gone, Mark furiously brush his hair in frustration and walk outside his home. Before his feet could touch the outside ground, Mark stop immediatly when he saw a single rose bloom in the middle of a concrete floor. There's no science could explain this phenomanan. This could only lead to magic or miracle. Mark doesn't believe in miracle when all his life time is full of bull... Magic?? Science is magic. But even magic or science combine together can't explain this rose to bloom in the middle of a none soil ground. Its a concrete.. 

Thousand words can't been utter by Mark looking at the single rose beautifully blooming in the middle of the concrete floor. Mark didn't think of anything else, when his feet began to touch the rough surface without any protection. His feet walk towards the living thinks in front of him. Without looking anywhere else, Mark began to reach his hand down to pluck it when a foreign voice entering his ear.

" Awake?! "

Someone said.  Mark intention stop immediately as his head snap and look at the owner of the voice coming from his right. Looking at the person sitting on the brick barrier with a pigeon casually resting on top of his hand, Mark realise that his " guest " was not running away. 

" Yeah!!  " Mark said with a chuckle. 

" Why are you laughing? "

Jinyoung ask as he turn his head to the bird on his hang and letting the bird to fly away from him. Jinyoung began to push himself of where he was sitting and walk towards where Mark was crunching at. Mark slowly stood up and face to face with Jinyoung. Staring at those eyes send Mark to another different place. He saw stars. He saw something beautiful by just looking at those pair of eyes. They are mesmerising. Jinyoung began to let his head move from left to right playfully looking at Mark. Mark of the other side was gulping his own saliva. He remain froze that he doesn't know why. 

" I see that you are one strange human.. " Said Jinyoung roaming his eyes over Marks face expression. Mark didn't said anything back. Frozen in his own standing state couldn't understand why. When a gush of wind blow Mark face from the back making his hair to fly everywhere. Jinyoung began to said. 

" and... You smell too.. " 

Chuckling like a small child, Jinyoung walk past the weird human and enter the house. When Jinyoung left from Marks gaze,  he began to gasping for air. His lung felt awfully hurt and his heart rate was beyond maximum beating. He felt by hypnotise with Jinyoung even try. That's what happen to human when been struck by a pure beauty. It makes you breathless. Smiling by the thought of science prove of his sudden frozen state and gasping, Mark turn around and follow Jinyoung into the house. He never felt this way. It's like giving you the sense of happiness. Like you are belong to someone. Like both Jinyoung and Mark are like partner. By Jinyoung making him this way. 

Entering the house like the idiot he is, smiling like a goof, Mark look at Jinyoung walking body towards the kitchen. Looking at Jinyoung confuse face looking at the sink, the cabinet, the plates and the stove. Mark began to laugh softly amuse by the other latter. 

Jinyoung began to scratch his head. He pick up the mug that been dried up on the sink and began to look inside of it. Utterly confuse and curious Jinyoung began to bang the fragile mug on the countertop. Before Jinyoung could hit the innocent mug on the countertop for the second time, Mark grab hold on the mug. Jinyoung look at the person with a terror clearly flashing in his eyes. Mark slowly grasp the mug away from Jinyoung.

" there's no water inside of it.... "

Mark mentally face palm himself. Mark can't help but to think how sad this person life is.. But this is not a fun think. 

" You need to pour some water inside and make your desire drinks " said Mark explaining to Jinyoung as he begin to show how to do it for Jinyoung to see. Before Mark could teach Jinyoung the first steps to do the drink, he began to fill up the pot with water and set it on the burning stove. They wait for great 5 minutes. Surprisingly both of them have the patience to wait without getting bored. Once the pot whistle signalling the water is already boil, Mark pour the water inside the cup and soon realise something. 

" Uh.. " 

Mark extended his arm to the top cabinet and grab another mug as he pour another water. Jinyoung follow Mark movement like a curious child looking at his parents. Jinyoung saw Mark pushing the other mug away the once he's holding just now. 

" What's wrong with that one "

Jinyoung ask 

Marl shot up when he heard Jinyoung mention the other mug. He though the latter didn't notice. But his guess was wrong after all. So he had to come clean. Turning his head backwards to see at Jinyoung frowning emotion, he said

" It's broken.. " 

 

-+-

 

That time was one crazy lesson to learn. This one is more than crazy. It's insane. That time on the kitchen when mark ask Jinyoung to which kind of drink he wants to drink. Kid like Jinyoung point at the purple container doesn't know what contains it. Mark began to nod his bead and began to brew them. Mark too was the same, he forgot to tell Jinyoung what drink was the one he choose. When he gave the drink to Jinyoung to drink, Jinyoung slowly blow the hot water remember what Mark told him last night, as he began to sips it, Mark wasn't looking at Jinyoung. He was planning to make himself one too but a scream that rose his back hair follow by a crash sound makes Mark jump a few feet back and look at Jinyoung bitter face. He look down and saw the dark liquid coated the white floor. 

" I don't like it... " said Jinyoung whining while wiping his tongue with the hem of his shirt. " it's bitter... "

Closing his eyes, Mark felt like wanting to giving up.. 

This is one strange stranger... Alien... Whatever.. ' 

Mark began to talk to himself. 

Now this one is more that crazy. It's was awfully weird. When Mark was taking a bath Jinyoung abruptly enter the small room. Without shame, without any blush Jinyoung ask the stupidest question ever been ask. 

" what's that? " 

He said as his eyes looking the groin area.. Mark was so overwhelmed by the question. He stutter to answer. But the one stupid was not Jinyoung it was him. 

" oh this...! " 

Mark began to notice that Jinyoung was asking about the watch on his hand since he cover his private with his hand. 

" this is a watch..."

" why are you bathing with a watch? "

Curiously Jinyoung ask but Mark was lost of words. He forgot to take them off, now he has to take it to the repair shop. 

The awkwardness between Mark and Jinyoung just now was soon gone when Jinyoung keep on staring over the wall brick. The world outside the house. Mark notice that and decide to take Jinyoung to go out. Something that Mark shouldn't do will soon been exposed. 

Stepping their foot outside the safe house, Mark brought Jinyoung to the place where he counter the latter yesterday. With a new set of cloth Mark gave to Jinyoung, he'll be damn when Monday comes since he doesn't have another pair. Forget about that, Jinyoung was like a child ( already been said) Jinyoung look around him with a pure bliss. His eyes glitter with admire. He can't stop the hype pouring inside of him. 

" WOW!!! "

Mark follow from behind like a total creep. With both his hand shove inside his pants pocket, he watch the curious person running from left to right. There's one time, a worker was cleaning the glass window from the inside and Jinyoung smash his face with the glass causing the worker to look at the ' weirdo ' weirdly. Mark had to pull Jinyoung away with an apologies smile to the workers. 

Being in the park set another level of worries. Since Mark work with the top business man in the world and illegal one too, the company always sent some of their dogs to watch over their worker when they are outside the company.  Mark was always been watch. It's not just Mark only, who ever work with hexagon, they are not safe.  it just that them who didn't notice it. 

Stepping foot onto the brick walkway, they enter the pinkish tunnel, where the cherry plants cover the walkway with it's leaf. Mark step away answering his phone. Soon he forgets that he's with someone. Jinyoung didn't notice since he's been occupied by the surrounding. Jinyoung immediately hug one of the cherry tree and started to talk with it.  Some passerby might think he's a strange person. But don't be fool by that silly act. Jinyoung found a vital information from the tree he hug. 

After Mark ended the call, he lift his head and look from left to right. A sense of fear clouded his emotion when he didn't spot the curious guy. Mark quickly shove his phone into cos pocket and walk in front along the brick walkway. His eyes won't left the surround but must scan the entire place to search for the person. 

Mark don't know why he felt suddenly care so much for this person. He only met him yesterday evening for crying out loud. Jinyoung is nothing but a stranger to him. Jinyoung will be gone in a few day when he began to pick the pace of his current journey. At the same time Mark awfully felt weird when Jinyoung was around. About last night. The unknown explanation of the different colour he sees on Jinyoung's skin. The flower on the concrete floor.

Magnificent? Yes

Also,  he can't shaken the though that Jinyoung must be the the thing he's been looking for. There's no concrete proof about his assumption. There's matter of time Mark will learn the truth.. 

" JINYOUNG!! "

Mark yell when he spotted the latter sitting on the tree roots while circling his arm around the thick tree stem. Jinyoung close his eyes and left his ear leaning on the hard surface. Mark jog nearing the occupied latter and stood beside him. 

" What are you doing? "

Mark ask when he's been shut by a hiss from Jinyoung. Jinyoung glare the older and turn back to his leaning position again on the rough surface. 

" I'm hearing something "

Said Jinyoung with closing eyes while mumbling the words he just spoke. Mark turn curious. His eyes flare open when Jinyoung spoke the said words. 

' could it be '

Said Mark in his mind. Mark began to crunch down as the sale level as Jinyoung sitting and began to indulge in this nonsense.. " What do you hear? ".  Mark ask 

" hmm..  There's so much going on.. "

" Such as? "

" this...  rolling circle having rough time pushing!! "

' rolling circle? ' Mark ask himself dumbfounded with the detail Jinyoung had said. He took the hardest way to think when the answer is right in front of him. Jinyoung saw the frown on thee human face. He guess that this human didn't know what he said. Sighing and pointing at the left direction, Mark follow the hand and turn back. Behind him, there was no one. Empty. But not for long, a man who struggle with his bicycle was pushing his bike with the broken chain on the paddle saddle appear out of no where behind the tree 5 feet away from them. Astonish, Mark turn his head back to Jinyoung. Jinyoung didn't said anything but to stare back at the human whom looking at him in shock.

" How do you know? "

" What are you?? "

 

 

 

A/N hey all ... sorry not sorry.... did i made some of you suffer by the cause of " waitingness? " i apologise. I'm not free like before anymore. Like what i did with Until You.. Somehow i manage to finish the ending of this story that i kept in my file.. I'll try to update it frequntly.. But you guys have to remind me always or i will forgot.. 

I'm already old.. forgotness is a common thing happen to a 91 year old.. ( im 19 by the way..) 

K..umm until next time.. i'll see you guys another time..

P.S dont mind the vocabulary mistake ok.. speling or somting..

 

 

WORD OF WISDOM

I will never regret this lateness.. because perfection must be done with time.. by: Unknown..