Epilogue

Neverland

“Sir, A Mr Kim Inseong and Mr Lee Jaeyoon are here to see you,”

“Let them in please,” Youngbin answered as he moved towards the receiving area.

“Kim President we’re here!”

“Youngbin-ah how are you doing?”

The two said in unison.

It's been almost a month since they’ve last seen each other in that house in Busan but the surprise visit was a welcome one.

“What are you guys doing here?” he asked, as they settled down on the couch.

“This,” Jaeyoon replied, placing a familiar duffel bag between them. Youngbin just looked at the thing and then at the two of them, the question clear in his eyes.

“He left this in the house,” Inseong supplied. “We went to check on him this morning but the room was already vacated and this was sitting on the bed.

“You should check if it’s all there,” Jaeyoon quipped.

“No need,” Youngbin answered. Somehow, he knew that the money in the bag would be intact- nothing more and nothing less.

“So, do you want to tell us what happened? What you talked about?” Inseong asked.

Youngbin shook his head. “It’s nothing,” he replied, diverting the topic to some other stuff. They talked for a few more minutes until the two finally left with a promise of visiting soon.

Youngbin sat back down on the couch, the sight of the bag a reminder of the last time he had seen and talked to Dawon. He opened it by instinct and was surprised to find a folded piece of paper on top. He took it out of the bag and fiddled with it for a while. Finally, he took a deep breath and opened it. Only two words were written inside: 

I'm Sorry.

Youngbin chuckled. "Aish, this kid really doesn't know how to say anything properly."