Faith

☆ Pinkfinite One-Shot Collection! (Not Taking Requests)

Park Chorong

a/n: this is based on the song "What Faith Can Do" its a christian song & i love it so much. I decided to kinda mix the theme of this with the music video of heaven . you can decide who "he" is. c: -cough-joonmyeon-cough-


Chorong opened the door to her small apartment and dropped her things. She looked around, but everything was the same as it was yesterday and the day before that, and for the past 3 months. But there was an emptiness of it that could never be filled. His presence was still there, his warm smile, cute laughter, and sweet kisses on her cheek.

They were still very real. 

But she couldn't get over the fact that he'd never return.

Ever. 

She opened the cupboard and stared at the picture of them, together. His arm was around hers, his hair messy, just as she liked it, wearing the gray shirt and brown pants she chose for him. It was all still very real. She could feel his arm around her at that moment, but when she turned, nothing was there. 


She put the frame back in the precious place, and sat down on the couch, her knees brought up to her chin. Tears just streamed down, naturally. 

It's so hard without you. How dare you leave me? Dont you know how much I loved you, how much I needed you?

She hasn't been the same person ever since then. Everyday, she'd go home and cry. Once she got a hold of herself, she was barely able to do her workload, then night time rolled around and she cried herself to sleep again. It was a cyclic pattern: cry, work, cry. There wasnt anything she could do about it either. She was starting to slip away from life, too. 

 

Everybody falls sometimes. But you have to find the strength to rise


The familar voice caused her to lift her head from her knees and look next to her. He was sitting there, that same cheeky grin plastered on his face. 

"Y-you.." She gasped. "H-how...?"

He just smiled with sad eyes. 

Anyone can feel this pain. You think it's more than you can take, but you're stronger. I know  you're stronger, Chorong

"Please.. Come back. I need you! I can't live without you!" She wailed as she tried to touch him again, but he was only an image of her mind.
"Please.." 

Don't you give up now. The sun will still be shining. Face the clouds and find the silver lining

Chorong, I love you so much, so much that it aches, even now. Please dont give up, please fight on. I'll always be here inside of here. He tapped her chest lightly.

You'll never be alone, okay? Please have faith in me.

"When will I ever be able to see you?" She whispered. 

I'll be in your dreams and times when you need me the most. He gently her hair, just as he always did.

But for now, I must go.

"Cant you stay? Just a bit longer..?" She begged. "please,"

He shook his head. 

Remember

And with his final words, he faded away. Chorong sat again, curled in a ball, but with a different aura. A purpose. 

---

Weeks passed and Chorong started to be filled with life again. 

"What's happened to her?"

"I'm kind of worried.."

"What if this is another front she's putting up?"


Chorong didnt care of what others thought, she was starting to live again, starting to open her eyes to the things she was missing. 

Months passed by and she even found herself dating another guy. Impossible, right?

He was just as caring as him, just as cheeky, just as sweet, and Chorong swore they smelled the same. His name? Woohyun.  

In an essence, Woohyun was another copy of him. It was as if his soul was inside of Woohyun. 

Their relationship was going great; Chorong finally opened up to someone about what really went on in her life, and Woohyun understood perfectly. 

--

"You had a long day, why don't you take a nap?" Woohyun suggested. 

"I'm not tired," She protested, but her yawn cut her off. 

"I'm sure," He laughed. "Just get some rest, you'll need a lot of energy for exams,"

She nodded reluctantly and walked up to her room. When he heard the door close, Woohyun took out the small white case. He opened it and there sat a beautiful silver ring.  Woohyun quietly left to get the candles and flowers from his car, leaving the ring on the kitchen counter. 

After hours of setting up, reorganizing, and reseting the design, Woohyun finally decided on something. He lit the candles and sat down on the couch, his eyes getting heavy. Chorong would wake up any minute, he knew, so he had to stay awake, but his eyes were longing for rest. He caved in and closed his eyes, completely unaware of a single candle knocked over. 

--

Chorong sat up in bed, the smell of smoke filling her lungs. 

What is going on?

She pulled the covers off and ran to the living room. There was a huge fire just by the kitchen and Woohyun was sleeping on the couch. 

"NAM WOOHYUN! WAKE UP!" She screamed. 

"Hm?" He opened his eyes and immediately the smoke clouded his eyes. 

Oh. .

"Chorong get out of here!" Woohyun yelled, motioning to the door. 

"But-" She started. 

"Now's not the time to argue! Just go!" He yelled, coughing. 

She bit her lip and ran out of her apartment, dialing 119.

Woohyun coughed again and headed for the door as well, when he remembered: the ring. 

"Oh great," He grumbled and tried his best to avoid the increasing fire to reach the kitchen counter. He blindly reached out and touched the counter, hoping to feel the velvet. After what seemed like ages, he grabbed the box and headed towards the door. But something stopped him. He looked back and realized that Chorong's picture would get destroyed. 

"No," He shook his head and put the ring box in his pocket.

He made his way to the cupboard blindly, the gray smoke filling the entire apartment. It already filled his lungs and he was hacking to get it out. Woohyun's hand miraculously found the handle of the cupboard and he yanked it open, grabbing the frame and tucking it in his jacket. He covered his nose with his sleeve. 

He was 10 feet from the door, when his lungs and eyes couldn't handle the smoke anymore.

He was blinded and choked by the fumes. He tripped over a loose floorboard and landed on his back, in hopes to protect the picture. His breath was knocked out of his lungs and he couldnt regain it. 

"I guess this is it," He thought. "At least she's safe. At least she's untouched,"

Woohyun closed his eyes and let the smoke overcome his body. As he saw what he assumed to be his last vision, someone pulled him out, into a white hallway. 

He coughed, trying to get the smoke out of his lungs, and wiped the ashes from his face. A shadow covered his body.

"How dare you scare me like that?" Chorong sobbed. 

Woohyun looked up to her tear stained face. 

"Why would you do something so stupid like that? What do you think i would do if I lost another person?" She pounded his chest. "You stupid.."

Woohyun took the picture out of his jacket. "To keep this safe,"

Chorong took the picture and stared at it. She dropped it on the ground and hugged Woohyun tightly, her tears falling on his shoulders. "Woohyun.."

"Sh.." He patted her back, "Don't say another word. It's over now. I'm safe. I'm with you,"

She cried in his embrace a little longer and he just her hair and kissed her cheeks occasionally, telling her encouraging words. 

Once she stopped, she pulled herself and Woohyun up, but he stayed on the ground. 

"Woohyun, what are you doing?" She asked and tugged on his shirt. He kneeled down and took the white box out. 

"Park Chorong, when I first met you, you were a broken mess, and I vowed to fix you. I'd do anything for you. I'd risk my life for your happiness, I'd do everything and anything in my power to preserve that precious smile of yours,"

"Woohyun," Chorong whispered, touched. 

"So with those words," Woohyun opened the box, 

"Will you marry me?"