Chapter 5

Sweet Honesty

Taeyong had considered killing another human being several times but the desire had never been so excruciatingly strong before.

"Is that ginger really worth it though?", he mumbled while searching every inch of the university's hallways. Yes, he immediately thought, I'd do prison for life if I knew for a fact that Doyoung has been successful eliminated from the face of the earth and it'd be one hundred percent worth it. However it looked like his murder would have to be rescheduled; Doyoung was nowhere to be found.

Did he escape uni grounds already?, Taeyong scratched his head, unable to comprehend how a human being could get up after a lecture and run away so swiftly. Maybe his amazing survival skills are what kept him alive all this time. He had no other choice but to admit his defeat and return home- besides, he had definitely scared every passing student in the hallways with his vicious glare so that could be counted as a victory, right?

The summer heat seamlessly matched his boiling hot temper but it definitely wasn't helpful; with each step, he became sweatier and angrier and he had never felt happier to see a bus stop in his life. Once he hid in the little shed's shadow he was too busy contemplating the amount of attempted murders you have to survive in order to run so fast to notice a ginger head peeking from the other side of the stop's side.

"Are you still mad?", Doyoungs soft whisper right next to his ear almost gave him a heart attack.

"What the-...?!". Taeyong's hand instinctively grabbed Doyoung's collar to keep him from running away again and his fist was on the air, ready to land on the chipmunk's face when two familiar voices from the other side of the stop made him freeze.

"I understand that you're angry!", completely misreading the situation, Doyoung quickly took advantage of this god sent pause to plead his case. "But I did this for your sake! You understood the material way better, right? The teacher explains it way better than me, right? So please, take a moment to-...".

"Shhh!", Taeyong unclenched his fist and hurriedly covered Doyoung's mouth. He was certain the two voices arguing behind the bus stop belonged to Sicheng and Yuta.

"Just tell me now!", Yuta's loud, whiny plead pierced right through Taeyong's ears, making him cringe.

"No", Sicheng's voice was a little bit weird, almost shaking. Unable to tame his curiosity, Taeyong dragged Doyoung by his collar to use him as a shield in case of emergency, muffling his complaints with his palm and he carefully glanced behind the bus stop's wall.

Yuta was pestering Sicheng as usual, hugging him and shaking him around but Sicheng, for the first time, looked profoundly uncomfortable. Something was obviously on his mind and Yuta was on a mission to find out what it was.

"Why do I have to wait until we get home?", Yuta attacked him with another violent hug. "I just asked you why you were so weird last night and you gave such a vague answer... Why are you torturing me this way?".

"I think you are torturing me way more right now, grabbing me in this heat", Sicheng sighed and pushed Yuta's face as far away as he could. 

"I will keep torturing you until you give me an answer", Yuta shot him with a menacing smile. "Do you really want to spent twenty minutes on a bus like this?".

"Just let it go this time, okay?", Sicheng pleaded. "It's a... sensitive matter which I want to discuss in private".

Taeyong had to sneak occasional glances in order to avoid getting caught but it was enough to notice that Sicheng's ears were bright red.

"May I remind you that we don't live alone?", Yuta snickered. "We have another roommate in that crappy apartment of ours called Mark so privacy is slightly out of the question. Just tell me now!", he chirped mischievously, noticeably proud of his compelling argument. "Or maybe...", Yuta's expression suddenly became serious, "...I should say it for you?".

"S-say what?". Sicheng's stuttering placed a confident smile on Yuta's face and the eavesdropping Taeyong was close to dying from asphyxiation; the suspense literally took his breath away.

"That you like me". Yuta's reply dropped like a bomb and sunk Taeyong's heart to the bottoms of despair. What was going on? What was he witnessing? The shock and lack of oxygen clouded his brain, transporting him to another dimension when Sicheng's trembling voice brought him back to reality.

"Is this a joke to you?". Hurt. His voice seemed hurt and for some reason, Taeyong didn't want to confirm it by seeing his expression but he peeked anyway; Sicheng looked completely heartbroken, close to tears but Yuta was eerily calm, with the same soft smile plastered on his face.

"No, it's not a joke".

"Really?", Sicheng rubbed his temples, annoyed by his own tears. "Because you seem to be enjoying this an awful lot. Is this fun for you?". No matter how hard he tried, the tears wouldn't stop. "That's why you kept clinging onto me ever since you met me, right? Ah", Sicheng exhaled and forced himself to smile. "Messing with me must have been fun but man, it must have been REALLY entertaining when I started falling for it. Yeah, I'm an idiot", he nodded- Yuta's smile was gradually disappearing but he couldn't stop now. He had to finally let it all out.

"I'm an idiot that fell for your little mockery of flirting, I look stupid, I know. But you could have waited! You could have waited until we got home to ridicule me!", his sudden shout startled Taeyong; he had never seen Sicheng that upset before. 

I have to stop this, a voice in his head kept screaming again and again, I have to step up and stop this! But his legs wouldn't budge; his frozen body refused to obey him. He couldn't do anything but listen.

"Fun?", Yuta spit out the word with disgust. "You think that constantly walking on eggshells was fun? Trying to figure out what goes through head was fun? You think that struggling to restrain myself around you every second of the day and hating myself for being unable to hide my feelings was FUN? No", he snickered, "it was miserable. For a year and a half, I was ing miserable. I mean-...", Yuta laughed, "we are classmates AND roommates for 's sake! Even if I wanted to forget you and go after someone else I couldn't because I had to see you ing everywhere! So imagine how I felt when I noticed those small changes in your behavior. When you stopped pushing me away and your replies became longer than one goddamn word. When you started calling me on your own and I no longer had to stalk you in order to spend some time with you. I was ing ecstatic!", Yuta threw his hands in the air. He no longer had control over what was escaping his lips but it was too late to stop now, he had come too far.

"So I waited! I waited for you to come closer to me, still unsure of your feelings, still not knowing whether you actually liked me or not- do you know how much of a mind that was for me? Such small, faint signs became my only hope and I ing waited! But I can't wait any longer", Yuta gently cupped Sicheng's cheek with his palm, moving closer to him, still smiling.

"At this point, even a twenty minute bus ride feels like an eternity", he whispered and after leaning forward, he pressed his lips against Sicheng's.

And when Sicheng's arms wrapped around Yuta's back, pulling him into an even deeper kiss, that was when a part of Taeyong's soul shattered and crumbled into tiny pieces. I have to look away, I don't want to see this, I don't want to see my crush and my friend kissing. But once again his body betrayed him; incapable of averting his gaze, his heart kept getting stabbed over and over again when a pair of hands finally pulled him back and covered his eyes.

Buried in Doyoung's embrace, the tears started to flow and he felt an immense need to stay hidden for as long as possible. Therefore when the bus finally arrived and Doyoung tried to pull away, he was too scared to let his human shield go. The kissing scene he had just witnessed was engraved in his memory, it kept playing over and over behind his shut eyes and the only worse thing that he could think of was actually seeing it again.

"They left already so let me go", Doyoung announced and attempted to escape Taeyong's grip. "They got on the bus but don't worry, they didn't notice us. Do you want to walk home or wait for the next one?".

"Don't move", Taeyong murmured. "Let me stay like this for a little while longer, please".

Showing his crying face to people was something he always despised doing but showing it to Doyoung would be a thousand times worse.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: You probably thought I gave up on this fic right? HA, NOPE I was just extremely lazy

So how do y'all feel after the small dose of angst? I did warn you that things were gonna get a lil bit dramatic but I think I did quite well at restraining myself! I mean, no one died, so we're good, right?

Aaaanyway, there's gonna be a tinie tiny bit more angst in the next chapter as well so if you're a fan of drama, secrets and fighting, you're gonna LOVE IT. Also imagine a background voice gasping "Escándalo!" every time anyone says anything, it makes the experience 100% more enjoyable that's what I do when I write drama anyway

Comments, Upvotes and Subs are very much appreciated and I hope this fic hasn't been entirely forgotten by now