Chapter 4

Sweet Honesty

Taeyong was nervously pacing in front of the classroom, trying to ignore all the curious glances that kept stabbing his back. Him, physically being on uni grounds was a wonder by itself, actually attending a class would probably make the universe implode or something, judging by his classmates' awestruck stares.

Maybe he has another class today, Taeyong started biting his lower lip, boiling in a mix of anger and anxiety. Maybe I should wait by the front gate-... But what if he's already in another class? I should ask someone-... His head was about to explode when the sight of a jolly, ginger man, strolling down the hallway towards him poured soothing, warm waves of relief down his stomach. But it didn't last for long; it only took two seconds and one good, close up look at Doyoung's smug face to make him remember why he was sacrificing his morning sleep.

"Good morning, my dear classmate", Doyoung chirped. "I'm surprised you remember which classes you're supposed to attend-... Well, actually, I'm surprised you remember where the uni building is".

"Cut the crap", Taeyong growled, resisting the urge to grab his neck and choke that smile off his face. "Why in the bird's balls didn't you text me, I practically stayed up all night because of you".

But his obviously annoyed face and menacing tone didn't seem to displease Doyoung one bit; quite the opposite, actually. "Whoa, did you really stay up for such a stupid reason?". He had never looked happier and that irritated Taeyong on a whole new level.

"Okay, what is your problem?", he shouted, scaring everyone around him. "You can't just waltz into my life and ruin it by being a disrespectful little -... What are you doing?".

"You came all the way down here to curse at me so I guess I got what I wanted", Doyoung forcefully dragged Taeyong inside the classroom and pushed him towards two empty seats. "I'm fairly certain you'll understand the material better if you actually attend the lectures so... Here we are!".

Taeyong's mind went blank for a couple of seconds and he felt sort of... scared? Incredibly angry, of course, but also... amazed? Was he up against this century's master of manipulation? "Did you actually plan this whole thing?", he mumbled, still unable to think straight.

"Oh god no", Doyoung giggled as he sat beside him. "I could have never imagined you'd actually show up in person, I figured you'd just call me like a normal human being with a functioning brain, which, for your case is... debatable".

"Then what the , man?", Taeyong was so confused, he didn't even notice Doyoung's flat out insult. "Did you genuinely forget to text me?". He just couldn't understand that boy, each and every one of his actions was a new puzzle demanding for its solution and frankly, he was getting tired of it.

"No", Doyoung waved nonchalantly. "I did it on purpose".

"Why would you do that?". Taeyong felt as if the answer was right in front of him but he just couldn't see it.

"To annoy you", Doyoung suddenly looked him in the eyes, dead serious. "And I'm glad to see it worked out so well".

"I swear to ing febreze, I will gut you and your-...".

"Shush, class is starting", the ginger cut off his insult without a care in the world as soon as their professor walked in.

Wow, Taeyong viciously stared at him, furious and involuntarily amazed, maybe he really is a monster.

 

                                                                                                                  ~~~

 

"By the way...". Yuta was lying on Sicheng's bed, fanning himself with a textbook. "Why on earth did you ask the traitor to help out Taeyong? I mean, I would have done it after tormenting him a little, you didn't have to text that psycho and bring him back into our everyday lives".

"Didn't you cry when he told us he was going to move out?", Sicheng pointed out, skillfully avoiding his question without taking his eyes off his notes.

"Listen, that was back when I was an innocent, naive kid, I have grown since then", Yuta sat up to demonstrate how serious he was. "I guess his absence helped me realise what a sick individual he is and I can thank him for handing me this opportunity to mature but his existence in this world still disgusts me to the core!".

"Sure...", Sicheng rolled his eyes and turned around to properly judge him. "Calling him a traitor and stalking him at uni is real mature of you".

"Ugh, I can't fool you", Yuta sighed, and fell back on Sicheng's bed with unnecessary force. "I guess I'm way too sensitive and kind for my own good; being such an amazing human being is hard on a man's soul".

Then don't be one. But Sicheng could never actually say that, he couldn't take that chance; Yuta's kindness was what bound them together to begin with. It was that goddamn kindness, that double edged sword that pierced Sincheng's heart further and further with each passing day. Of course you'd help Taeyong yourself, that's what I had to prevent, you idiot. Sicheng knew he was being selfish but the jealousy he felt when he imagined Taeyong and Yuta studying on their own was far worse than any amount of guilt.

"I seriously don't get why Doyoung agreed to help though", Yuta continued his monologue. "He didn't even think about it twice before agreeing, that's weird, right? I know he doesn't owe you any favors and he obviously isn't doing this out of courtesy because he's a selfish little so what's his angle?".

Both Taeyong and Yuta are so freaking nice and affectionate after all, if they spent more time together and got past the arguing, maybe they would-... No, no, I definitely shouldn't let them spend more time together. Well, it's okay if I'm present as well, I guess, but-...

"Hello! Planet earth to Sicheng! Do you copy?". Sicheng was so lost in his thoughts, he didn't even notice that Yuta had gotten off his bed; when the smiling boy with the raven hair wrapped his arms around his back, he couldn't help flinching a little bit. 

"Why are you so tense?", Yuta's smile was so radiant, Sicheng had to avoid direct eye contact. He could feel his breath on his neck; Yuta's tight embrace made his heart pound incredibly fast- what if he can feel it? 

"I'm not tense", Sicheng quickly pushed Yuta away. "I'm just tired from studying". Why does he look so hurt? Sicheng could've have sworn he hadn't used any excessive force so what was up with Yuta's expression? Was he trying to kill him with those puppy eyes?

"Fine then", Yuta pouted, "I'll leave you alone". And after giving him a quick peck of the cheek, he slammed the door behind him, leaving Sicheng alone and confused.

"I don't get it", Sicheng sighed as he fell back on his bed. His sheets were infused with Yuta's scent and the fact that Sicheng could recognize Yuta's scent wasn't particularly helpful either. "I don't get it!", he shouted into the void and covered his face with his pillow. Why was his heart beating so fast? Why was he jealous of anyone that glanced towards Yuta's direction? Why was the cheek that Yuta kissed burning up? These past few weeks had been so weird, his reactions to simple, everyday things had suddenly changed so dramatically and Sicheng didn't know how to handle the mess he had become. 

"I don't get it", he mumbled one final time and if hadn't smothered himself with his pillow, he probably would have heard the bittersweet snicker from the other side of the door.

What is there to get, idiot?, Yuta chuckled, leaning against the door. Do I have to be more obvious?

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Okay, the storyline is finally about to evolve, next chapter is gonna have a little bit of drama and a little bit of chaos I'll try not to get too carried away

Comments, Subs and Upvotes bring your favorite ship closer to being canon!