Chapter 3

Sweet Honesty

Sicheng was a simple man; when he wanted something, he'd just ask for it. Everyone always told him "The world doesn't work like that! No one is going to hand you everything you ask for! You need to work for it yourself!" to which Sicheng replied "I appreciate your opinion, but it's garbage".

His roommate Yuta, that was walking right next to him, was the finest example of Sicheng's belief; if Sicheng wanted a drink, Yuta would order it. If Sicheng wanted to skip class, Yuta would come up with a fake excuse and skip with him. And if a senior named Taeil often annoyed Sicheng with his pranks, Yuta would take incriminating videos of the aforementioned senior and proceed to torment him for half a year. Living life is so easy when you have a Yuta, Sicheng thought and instinctively turned around and smiled at the pale boy next to him.

"What was that for?", Yuta smiled back at him and linked their arms. 

"Nothing", Sicheng murmured, still smiling. Yuta's habits of holding others' hands and hugging them used to make Sicheng uncomfortable but he gradually stopped caring. Besides, having someone to hug you once in a while isn't that bad.

Yuta suddenly stopped in the middle of street, pulling Sicheng's hand and disrupting his train of thought. "Over there!", he pointed at the library. "Aren't those two Taeyong and Doyoung? I think they're getting kicked out!".

"Why is Taeyong flipping off the librarian?", Sicheng couldn't help laughing; Doyoung was obviously apologizing, trying to get back inside but Taeyong seemed to be cursing out the librarian and 'this rotten education system!'.

"What is that idiot saying?", Yuta burst into laughter once he heard Taeyong yelling 'Your job is obsolete anyway, use the internet grandma!'. "He's been hanging around Taeil way too much", Yuta sighed and Sicheng nodded in agreement, "Next thing we know, he's going to be preaching about capitalism, we have to get him out of that apartment".

"I'll just go over there and ask him to stop", Sicheng announced. He knew that if Taeyong got banned, they'd never hear the end of his whining.

"I think Doyoung has everything under control", Yuta snickered when he saw the ginger smacking Taeyong's head. "Wanna go over there and make fun of them?".

"Nah", Sicheng yawned, "I'm pretty tired, lets go home".

"Aww, my baby is tired!", Yuta suddenly wrapped his arms around him. "It's pretty hard to move around in this heat, lets get you home".

Why are you so nice to me? Sometimes Sicheng couldn't help but wonder; however he never managed to actually ask. He's probably just a nice person, there's nothing else to think about. 'He doesn't treat Taeyong or Doyoung that way though', a faint whisper at the back of his head gave him a sense of uneasiness. 

"Hey, Yuta?".

"Yeah?". Yuta's smile was calm and radiant, his eyes were sparkling with anticipation. I bet he's made a bunch of people fall in love with that face, maybe even that very same expression. Sicheng's stomach suddenly twisted into a tight knot and his throat closed up; that thought made him feel terrible.

"Nevermind".

Yuta was just a nice person, there was nothing more to it. 

Right?


                                                                                                           ~~~

 

Taeyong had to stop checking his phone every two seconds but it was simply impossible; Doyoung had promised to send him the studying material for tomorrow once he got home but a whole hour had passed and he still hadn't shown any signs of life. Their studying session became even more intense when there weren't any other people around to judge them for yelling and fighting; at some point, Taeyong was certain one of them would never see the light of day again.

 

"Honestly?", Doyoung sighed and fell back on his seat, "I think you might have a learning disability".

"Shut up", Taeyong murmured, rubbing his temples. All that effort to concentrate had given him an immense headache. "I don't have anything, you're just a ty tutor".

"Wow", Doyoung yawned as he was packing his notes, "I'd call you a ty student and human being in general but I don't even have the will to fight anymore".

"Huh", Taeyong snickered, "So something good came out of this".

"Seriously though", the ginger stood up and stretched, "You're not actually dumb, when you pay attention you understand almost everything instantly and that's the only thing that gives me hope. But you seriously can't focus on your own, I had to curse at you every two minutes".

"You sounded like a real teacher for a second there, that gave me hope", Taeyong rubbed his eyes as he was showing Doyoung to the door. "Hey", he suddenly placed his arm between Doyoung and the wall, blocking the exit. "Seriously, why are you helping me?", the concern was quite visible in his eyes and tone so he thought he might as well come out and say it. "Does it have anything to do with Sicheng?". 

"Wow", Doyoung snickered and quickly averted his eyes from the blonde to the floor. "I take it all back, you really are dumb. Just wait for my text okay?", he added before Taeyong could ask any further questions and after forcefully pushing his arm aside, he ran down the staircase and disappeared.

 

"For the love of GOD, stop vacuuming! It's midnight!". But this time, Taeil's frustrated scream didn't faze Taeyong one bit; it wasn't until Taeil stomped into his room that Taeyong actually noticed his existence. 

"Is this about your exam again?", Taeil sighed and sat on Taeyong's bed. He'd rather hear him nag about his everyday life than that goddamn vacuum. "Or did Sicheng finally reject you?".

Taeyong nearly choked with his own spit at the mention of Sicheng's name. "W-What are you talking about?", he stuttered, fully aware that he wasn't convincing at all.

"Everyone knows you have a crush on him", Taeil yawned. "Everyone except Sicheng himself; that guy is dense. And everytime he breathes towards your direction, you freak out and bring out the cleaning beast; frankly, I am sick of it. So just tell me everything and go to sleep". 

Taeyong had to blink several times to make sure he heard correctly. Everyone? Who is Everyone? Does Everyone include Yuta and Jaehyun and... Doyoung? For some reason, that last name placed a heavy rock inside his stomach. 

"I hope Doyoung doesn't know", he muttered without even noticing.

"Doyoung? Was that the guy tutoring you?". Taeyong had completely forgotten about Taeil's existence again and he immediately regretted opening his mouth. Not wanting to spout any more nonsense, he simply nodded affirmatively. 

"Well if he knows both you and Sicheng, he definitely knows you like him, you are ridiculously obvious. Why is he tutoring you anyway? Does he owe you money?".

"Please get out, I am tired", Taeyong mumbled. His mood had suddenly worsen by a thousand and he didn't know why.

"Fine", Taeil jumped off his bed, "but if I hear any vacuums-...".

"You won't, I promise, goodnight", Taeyong said in one breath, forcefully pushing Taeil outside his room.

What's wrong with me?, he wondered, lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling. What is making me feel so bad?

Before turning off the lights he checked his phone one last time; no new messages.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:  Yell heah, I finally finished this! I'm studying for exams these days so I got super lazy at home but I'm glad to see some new people subscribing to this story! 

So I added some more Yuwin (as requested by the loveliest reader ever) and my brain is working on ways to add Johnten into the mix, I just have to figure out how I'll introduce them as characters in the middle of the story.

Subs, Upvotes and especially Comments are incredibly appreciated!