Chapter 1

Sweet Honesty

 

Sometimes Taeyong liked to wonder how easier his life would be if he took advantage of his pretty face and found a sugar daddy (desperate times call for desperate measures after all), only to reach the same conclusion over and over again; 'I can't live this way, I need to pass this class'. But textbooks are expensive, lectures are boring and as Taeil always oh so graciously reminded him, the icebergs are melting so what's the point of planning ahead anyway? 'None of it is gonna happen because none of us will exist Taeyong!'

The only life plan that actually mattered to Taeyong was the overseas trip during summer vacation with Sicheng; vivid clubs, sunny beaches and vast amounts of ice cream, the ideal setting to finally take their relationship to the next level. I mean, sure, Yuta, Jaehyun and Mark would also be there and it was technically meant to be a fun trip between friends but love conquers all, right?

Except your exam.

"ing hell", Taeyong sighed and threw his notes on his bedroom floor, "I'm going to fail".

He definitely had to do something other than stare at the ceiling and daydream but what? Doing Sicheng would help me-

"Lee Taeyong, it's time to clean!", Taeyong jumped off his bed with fake enthusiasm to shake off his sinful thoughts but as soon as he the vacuum, Taeil's groaning and sluggish stomping forced him to turn it off again.

"Can you please stop using cleaning as a coping mechanism? Be a little more considerate of your roommate here, I haven't slept in days and I think I have febreze poisoning or something", the brunette whined while rubbing his temples.

"I don't think you can get febreze poisoning though".

"...My point is, get some help", Taeil sighed but he couldn't hold back his smile. As concerned as he made him, he still found Taeyong oddly endearing; maybe because he was a clueless kid trapped in an adult body and Taeil could relate to that to a certain degree.

"Well, it all started when exam period started-...", Taeyong sat back on his bed and expectably patted the spot next to him. "You see, I don't think I'm going to pass and if I don't pass, I won't be able to-..."

"Okay, wait, do I look like a therapist?", Taeil went back to frowing.

"No but you've passed this exam already, right? So please, oh wise senior Taeil, please help me out here?". Taeyong hated asking for help but that doesn't mean he didn't know how to do it. In fact, he was an expert at pressing Taeil's sympathy buttons.

"What are you talking about?", Taeil scoffed in disbelief, "I also have to study for my exams so how would I-..."

"Pretty please?". Puppy eyes; activated. Voice; sulky. Overall image; pitiful.

"Fine, oh my god, stop, I'll help you!", Taeil exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air as he knew far too well that he was way too soft hearted for his own good. "I'll think of something by tomorrow, but-...!", he raised his finger to stop the blonde from celebrating, "You have to clean my room and convince Yuta to erase every single video he has of me".

"Aww, even the drunk ones?", Taeyong blinked innocently, holding back his mischievous smirk as Taeil stomped back into his room and slammed the door, significantly reducing the volume of his shout.

"ESPECIALLY the drunk ones!".

 

                                                                                                                         ~~~

 

"I'm not deleting those videos, they are works of art", Yuta shot at Taeyong's future happiness with a sweet smile plastered on his face as always. "But I am willing to exchange them for money".

"Would anyone really pay for them?", Sicheng's eyes widened in disbelief.

"No", Yuta cheerfully shook his head, "But that's what I want him to think so please give him my reply exactly as I phrased it".

"Why are you still messing with him?". Taeyong knew that Yuta could be a bit of a jerk sometimes but he had been tormenting Taeil with those videos for half a year, threatening to post them on his instagram.

Yuta merely took a sip from his coffee and winked at Sicheng so Taeyong decided to crack his knuckles instead of the smug boy's head. Another thing he had noticed about his dear friend, Nakamoto Yuta, was that he was annoyingly flirtatious with his adorable crush and while he didn't like it one bit, the fact that Sicheng's responses were as cold as they were with his own advances somehow comforted him.

"All I'm saying is...", Taeyong ground his teeth in an effort to remain calm and collected, "I really need his help for this exam so if you could just-..."

"Oh, for 's sake, what is up with you and this exam?", Yuta snickered and rolled his eyes. "Just borrow the textbook from someone else and study, it's not rocket science".

"Oh, what a great ing idea!", Taeyong clapped with a fake smile, unable to hide his frustration. "Will you lent me yours then?".

"No".

"Please stop already". Sicheng's soft plead stopped Taeyong's fist mid air, only centimeters away from Yuta's face. He hadn't even realized that most of the other customers in the coffee shop were glaring at him. "How would Taeil help you anyway? He barely passed himself last year and that wasn't because he studied but because he kissed the professor's all semester".

"My baby!", Yuta chirped and wrapped his arms around Sicheng, almost knocking away his drink. "When did you become such a savage? I feel like a proud mom".

"For a manly man, you sure do love calling yourself a mother", Taeyong snickered and slapped his arms off his precious crush.

"My masculinity has nothing to do with my maternal instincts, everyone knows that".

"What kind of ed up logic is that?".

"Hmmm, the kind a dip like you, who can't even pass an exam on their own, wouldn't understand?".

"I will literally cut that smile off your face so you better-..."

"Doyoung!", Sicheng's bright smile was enough of a distraction to make the two adult babies stop fighting and notice the ginger boy that was heading towards them. "You came so fast!".

"Hey traitor!", Yuta waved cheerfully.

"Please stop calling me that", Doyoung sighed as he comfortably sat next to Taeyong without even looking at him. "I moved out months ago and you two found another roommate immediately so I really don't get why you're being such a about it. Oh right!", he immediately exclaimed, ruining Yuta's chance to retaliate, "It's because you're a !".

Yuta scoffed and rolled his eyes several times, trying hard to think of an insult. "What are you doing here anyway?", he finally sighed, unable to regain his pride.

"I texted him while you two were fighting", Sicheng smiled, obviously proud of himself. "He's a great student so I thought he could tutor Taeyong a bit or lend him some of his notes or something. That's a great idea, right?".

Not really, the other three thought almost simultaneously but the cute boy's excited grin that was awaiting compliments stopped them from directing any sort of negativity towards him. 

"We weren't fighting", Taeyong quickly coughed to clear up his throat, "just intensely conversating". 

"I think it's conversing", Yuta squinted as if he was trying to read invisible grammar rules. "Just say 'talk' next time, stop trying to look smart".

"I'll stop being smart when you stop being annoying".

"Oh then I guess you've been dumb since birth because I've always been delightful", Yuta's sweet smile conveyed anything but sweetness.

"Do you seriously put up with this everyday?", Donyoung's eyes looked at Sicheng with admiration. "Wow, that's praiseworthy, they both sound so dumb". Sicheng pouted in a way that clearly said 'Tell me about it' and rolled his eyes. Even when he's being mean, he's adorable, Taeyong's mind started to wander again as he unconsciously begun to wipe the table with his napkin. 

"Anyway", Doyoung still glanced at the bickering idiots, judging them, "I can help idiot number one", he pointed at Taeyong, "by showing him how to study correctly. I bet that's the real problem here since anyone with the ability to read could pass their exams. But...!", he suddenly raised his voice to silence a seemingly objecting Taeyong, "If you're just a lazy piece of I'll give up on you and let you fail miserably. Deal?".

Taeyong looked at the ginger's extended hand in disbelief. Was that rude chipmunk really going to help him? Just because Sicheng asked him to? I have to at least figure out his angle before beating him to death, Taeyong silently nodded and shook Doyoung's hand.

"Wow", Doyoung smirked, "It took you this long to figure out how to shake a hand, maybe you really are stupid".

I'm going to ing strangle him. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: I'M THE BIGGEST HIT I'M THE BIGGEST HIT ON THIS STAGE and I also have a very vague idea of where this is gonna go, I kept changing the plot so even though it's small, the first chapter took forever. I think this is gonna be slice of life with a hint of crack and maybe some angst at some points (????) I love adding angst and I need to be stopped, I'm sorry not sorry

I haven't written in literally forever so if you notice any mistakes, it'd be a great help if you pointed them out in the comments (proofreading is the devil's work and english is not my first language, help a sister out) but I hope someone out there will enjoy reading this because I REALLY enjoy writing it.

Comments, Upvotes and Subs are greatly appreciated!