Kyungsoo

Streets of Seoul

 

One day, Kyungsoo walked down the street with his heavy bomber jacket, boots and a too big cigar in his mouth. He screamed gangster. His stare could kill, his frown was deep and his patient was running thin. The people passing by him in the alleyways, rushed and tried to not look or stare too much at the mafia boss because it would be their end.

Kyungsoo just didn’t have the time and need to communicate his distress. His life has been turned up side down, 5 years ago and since then he was permanently stressed, confused and worried. He just could not figure out how all the fathers, how HIS father especially could raise a child and for it to grow up to be something great. He was miserable.

His son, has been a brat to all his babysitters, all his men, and was a commanding little annoyance to everyone but Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo loved him dearly, anyways. He was his son after all and he had a hard time saying no to these baby brown hazelnut eyes who looked at him with so much adoration and admiration.

Sometimes he thought it was too much. How could he deserve such a little angel in his life?

Well yes, Kyungsoo was whipped for his son. Who wouldn’t be if you got to experience and see little baby Sehun’s love for his daddy?

Sehun was a smart elementary student. He only started school this year but he already could speak fairly well and he had a sharp mind, thanks to his daddy. Sehun was no devil in disguise but everyone made him one, just because he had inherited his daddies pokerface and his stubbornness. Sehun had a lot of space in his heart but right now it was only filled with his daddy and sweets. Everyone else saw him as a brat because he was demanding but little Sehun didn’t know that. All he wanted, everyday was cake, sweet deserts and love. Love from his daddy. But because his daddy was always busy and didn’t have much time for him anymore, Sehun got restless a lot. All the babysitters didn’t care about him, didn’t play with him or tried to make an effort. Sehun hated them all. Same goes for the loud men that followed his daddy everywhere. He didn’t like them looking at daddy with these hungry eyes. They should look at cake like that, not his daddy. His daddy was his alone and Sehun would never give him away to one of these beasts. He heard his father curse them a lot, and Sehun couldn’t agree more to what his daddy said. He didn’t understand everything but his daddy was always right anyways. His daddy was the best daddy in the world.

It would be great if baby Sehun would tell his daddy what he thought about all day, because until now little Sehun remained quiet when it came to his daddy. He just admired him in silence.

This made Kyungsoo’s problem all the more intensive. He couldn’t figure out why his son refused to talk with him. In elementary school, he was doing fine, the teachers said. With the babysitters, Sehun complained a lot; with his men, he even cursed them but whenever Kyungsoo was in the room, baby Sehun had kept silent, staring at him with delighted eyes and a bright smile only for Kyungsoo to see but to never hear his cute voice. Only when he was sad and whined, Kyungsoo could make out his little boy's voice.

Kyungsoo doesn’t understand.

Walking through the streets at night, Kyungsoo sighs loudly while passing by street musicians after another.

It’s a loud night. Friday night. The people are out, ready to party or to enjoy a meeting out with friends. All Kyungsoo could think about, once again was his son, his trouble and his loneliness. He always thought with Sehun at his side, he wouldn’t feel lonely anymore. After his girlfriend left him, cold hearted and dismissive with Sehun behind, Kyungsoo thought of it as a new start. A new beginning and look where it got him; right at the top of the food chain. He was the boss of a great organisation. He could not admit that it was noble what he did, no. It definitely was not but he had money to life by, he helped people in need with his extra cash and got rid of those who not only annoyed the population in his district but had a foul mouth and intentions in general.

He wasn’t an angel as pure as his son per se but he did do good things.

Kyungsoo passed by another artist booth and stopped there to get rid of his cigar and listen to the music which was one of his favourite songs. EXO – The Eve, was playing and Kyungsoo secretly smiled at the bass of the music and the allure the song had to him. He didn’t hear another foreign voice try to destroy D.O’s singing parts, which made him curious. This street artist must be dancing to the song, he thought before he pushed his way to the front of the crowd which had gathered at this booth especially.

What he saw made him speechless. All his worried thoughts about his son vanished for a second as he watched the young man in front of him. He was dancing, indeed.

The boy was moving his body like Kyungsoo had never seen before. He was oozing appeal, passion and something the mafia boss couldn’t point out. It was mesmerizing. It was cold out but the man was wearing only a thin t-shirt, a cap and tight fitting jogging pants. Kyungsoo could see every curve, every muscle flex under his clothes, as the boy moved with the flow of the melody. He himself seemed to be entranced with the music, because he had his eyes closed, moving his body on instinct.

Kyungsoo couldn’t deny that he stood longer than he usually would at a street artist performance. His breath even hitched when the refrain played and the boy's dance moves made his body tremble. That choreagraphy would be the death of him, if he stayed any longer.

It wasn’t easy but with his son waiting for him at home, Kyungsoo turned around when the music ended and the young lad bowed to his audience, a smirk on his lips which the mafia boss didn’t miss.

That man knew what he was doing to his fans, not that Kyungsoo would describe himself as one, yet, but he did leave a 100,000 Won bill for the dancer.

.

I will write short chapters for this from time to time. I rly like the idea. :D