First

Wolf Boy

"Aaaah! Finally!" The tall male groaned out as he stretched up his limbs in every direction possibleㅡeven circling his hips and doing a mini exercise stretch like he was about to run a marathon when in fact he just got out of the car after a five hour drive.

"Disadvantage of having long limbs; can't stay comfortable inside a small box of vehicle for hours," Luhan snickers as he got off the pick up truck with Jongdae climbing off the passenger seat with a smile seemingly permanent on his face.

Chanyeol scoffed with a roll of his eyes. "Please. It was only the two of you on that car meanwhile we're like squished sardines inside that van!" He exclaimed as he pointed accusingly at the white vehicle. Jongdae snorting in the background as he started to load off their things from the car.

"Yeah. You guys don't understand," Sehun butted in, still sitting on the car seat with his legs outstretched outside of the vehicle as he glanced up at the pretty Chinese man whose hand were on his hip while looking down at him in amusement. "Our long magnificent legs couldn't stayㅡ"

"Would you two stop whining and help the in getting this s inside the cabin?" The small man with wide but adorable eyes threatened lowly at them while carrying two bags that looked bigger than him. "Or so help me, I will haul your asses off into that lake!"

With that, the three scrambled to their feets and started grabbing bags after things that they could carry. Jongdae only snorting with a shake of his head at the trio while leaning on the car but after a few seconds, he could feel holes boring into his skin and on his side, he could feel the presence of a spawn from the underground world. He stiffened as he slowly and daringly glanced at Kyungsoo who was staring down at him.

"And what are you snorting about there?" Kyungsoo asked but it already felt like a threat for Jongdae.

"Uhh.. ehehe?" He smiled nervously before quickly running to grab the bags he unloaded from the trunk when the smaller male made a move to hit him. "I'll be a good boy! I'll be a good boy! Please don't hurt me!" He screeched that made the first trio to chuckle at his helplessness.

Kyungsoo shook his head in disbelief before following the second eldest of their small circle of friends. "Stop scaring them, Soo. We're here to enjoy," a small but still slightly taller man than Kyungsoo said with a smile as he fumbled inside his pocket in search for the keys.

Kyungsoo only hummed in response with a shake of his head before glancing back at their friends who was struggling with all their things because they were all carrying everything all at once. He sighed, questioning why he was even friends with them. They were all much older than himㅡexcept for Sehun, of courseㅡyet they always act like they're younger.

"Alright. You guys ready?" Junmyeon asked as he looked back at them, swinging the key in the air with an excited grin.

The four males looked up and it was only then that they were able to notice the large cabin that they will be staying at for the whole month.

The cabin was only a single storey residential that was elevated that looked like any kind of cabin but only designed to be somehow modern looking. It has a wide porch with small tables and chairs. There was a reclining chair, a rocking chair and a small set of swing that has cushions and pillows neatly placed on it. The cabin was a nice blend in the forestㅡtall trees surrounding the place.

Not too far from their place on the way back was a nice lake and waterfall. If you were quiet enough, you can hear the relaxing sound of falling and splashing of the water. They were a few hours away from the city but not too far to be able to cut any signal and electricity. The place was perfect, heaven even because the whole point of this trip was for the six grown men to have their deserving vacation and relaxation away from their worksㅡstudies for Sehun though seeing that he was still a college student, a year away from graduating.

"Whoaaaaa!" Sehun gaped, a bag slowly slipping off his shoulder.

"Damn. This place is fantastic!" Came Luhan's girly voice while Jongdae makes happy noises as he also gapes at the cabin and the place itself. Kyungsoo silently rolling his eyes and muttering idiot under his breath.

"It's not much but I got this because the forest around the cabin is really nice and relaxing." The ever so humble Junmyeon said as he started to walk towards the porch to open the door before gesturing for them to come in.

"Myeon, what are you saying! This cabin already looks like a mansion on the outside!" Chanyeol retorts exaggerately after he managed to stop his gaping and follows Junmyeon and Kyungsoo towards the cabin. The other three hot on his heels.

The moment they stepped inside, another round of amazement and gaping sounds could be heard from the four people. Junmyeon only nodding in satisfaction knowing that his friends liked the place while Kyungsoo was quietly looking and appreciating the place, eyes wide in amazement also.

"This place is really nice, Myeon," Kyungsoo hummed with a grin as he appreciates the interiorㅡmainly the open kitchen at the right side with the living room by the left with only soft sofas and couches, bookshelves by the walls and a small coffee table. There was also a fire place that would be nice to use on a winter season. The place was nice despite the lack of television and other electronics like that. They would surely be able to bond all together here.

"I like the kitchen, by the way," muttered Kyungsoo with a smile as he places the bags neatly on the floor before making his way to have a close look of said kitchen and was not so surprised that there were already foods and snacks inside the refrigerator and cabinets. Typical Kim Junmyeon, of course.

Junmyeon chuckled with a shake of his head. "Of course. I know you would."

"This is wonderful!" Sehun exclaimed, dropping everything on the ground before throwing his whole body on the gray soft couch. Luhan trying to push the tall man off as he tries to lay down too.

"Oh. I almost forgot to tell you, guys," Junmyeon started as he settled at a high chair by the counter top. "There are only four rooms. So, some of us have to share rooms and-"

"I'm not sharing!" Chanyeol shouted as he started to run towards the hallway where the rooms are located.

"Me neither!" Luhan shouted, running into the hallway with Jongdae and Sehun in tow.

"Hyungs! I don't want to sleep alone!" whined the youngest.

"I'm okay with sharing," Junmyeon said, raising a hand but only to be ignored by everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol! Where's the meat! The fire is already ready!" Luhan shouted from the outside at the back of the cabin where everyone was gathered. One week had already past smoothly with them enjoying their free time away from works and problems of the city and being the adults they were supposed to be. There, they don't need to act like proper adults and be carefree as long as they want. This vacation was a really good idea and there's still a lot of time to have fun.

"Coming!" The tall lanky veterinarian shouted back while trying to balance two plates of meat with both of his hands as he tried to open the back door with his foot. Tonight, they'll be camping outside and have a barbecue party while also having a campfire as they bask in the serenity of the nature.

"Gosh, you're so impatient," Chanyeol muttered as he made his way towards the two males by the grill. He then carefully put down the plates on the small table there.

"And you're so slow as always," Luhan sassed before starting to help Kyungsoo with grilling the meats.

Chanyeol was about to retort something but only managed to make a disapproving face when Sehun called for him by the campfire.

"Chanyeol, come here and help us make s'mores!"

"That's hyung for you, brat," Chanyeol said as he made his way towards the younger, grabbing a chair of his own to help him make the snack. Jongdae joining them after a few moments with Sehun only ending up putting the chocolate inside his mouth instead of really helping.

Junmyeon then finally emerging from the cabin to join them. At first, he tried to help the duo with the barbecue by the grill but only ended up getting kicked away as he burned meat after meat. Cooking was not for him. He then tried to join the youngsters but eventually he settled on the ground as he leaned back on a big log by the campfire, trying to just relax as he appreciates the night sky instead.

After a while, they were all gathered in a small circle by the fire as they talked and ate together. Clearly enjoying their time as the night goes deeper.

It was hours past midnight when they all begun to slowly fall asleep one by one. Each safely cuddled in their sleeping bags already. All except for one certain tall man.

Chanyeol continues to hum a soft tune while gracefully plucking his guitar. It was late but it seemed that the sand man had decided that it was a good idea to skip him but he doesn't mind. He had been sleeping a lot the past days since they came here than when he was at work. Don't get him wrong. He loved his work but sometimes it was just really tiring and they all needed a good vacation and that was what they got. The place was like heaven to them, especially him who had always secretly loved the nature and being out here was just so relaxing.

He took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of leaves and natural fresh air as he gazed up at the sky. The moon was out and shining brightly. Dark sky littered with twinkling stars. Chanyeol smiled as he appreciated the view.

"I wish I could live here," he muttered softly, closing his eyes and feeling the soft breeze of air brushing through his skin. He shivered slightly, opening his eyes and he noticed the fire they made was slowly going out so he decided to look for some woods to keep the fire up.

Carefully putting his guitar back on its case, he quietly made his way through the forest, walking around and finding woods that he could pick up along the way. It was after some time of walking around but not really going too far so he wouldn't get lost that he heard a howl echoing through the distance. His head snapping up towards the direction of the sound but it didn't alerted him much knowing that whatever it was, was far from where they were. When everything was quiet again, he decided that he had gathered enough and made his way back to their campfire.

He wasn't able to walk off farther when he heard another sound, now something akin familiar to a whimper. He stopped on his tracks and tried to strain his ear to listen and not a second later, he heard it again.

A whimper.

Chanyeol was sure that was a whimper he had heard. Being around animals who are hurt and in pain most of his days, he knew when an animal was in pain or not.

With his instinct and passion for rescuing and helping animals, he found himself walking and following the painful sound of whatever animal it was.

Is a dog injured here? It sounds like it's from a canine, he thought to himself as he waved through the tall bushes to get to where the hurt animal was but the sound suddenly stopped making it hard for him to locate the injured animal.

Sighing, he was about to turn back around when he spotted a tuff of golden brown fur ten feet away from where he was standing. Not knowing what kind of creature it was, he carefully made his way towards it. And as he got closer and closer, his eyes starts to widen on what he was seeing. The animal was big. Enormous.

He silently gasped out at the sight in front of him, still trying to rack his brain on what kind of specie was helplessly lying on the ground in front of him.

A dog- no. It was too big for a dog. Even bigger than the biggest breed of dog he knows. But it awfully looked like one just much much bigger in size and that's when it clicked to him.

A wolf. A magnificent one.

The creature breathing raggedly and badly injured was a wolf.

Chanyeol was gaping. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He knew that there are wild wolves in the forest but he didn't know that he would be able to see one just around their vacation placeㅡand an injured one at that who was struggling to stay alive-

"!" Chanyeol cursed as he snapped out of his stupor, dropping down the woods he was carrying to crouch down near the wolf as he inspected the wound. He sighed in relief seeing that the wound was not too deep. It looked like a bite from another wolf or animal that the golden brown wolf had fought with before loosing consciousness there.

"You need to get treated," he muttered before quickly taking off his cardigan to tie it around the wolf's body to stop the blood from flowing out more.

Chanyeol paused as he thinks about his options. He could just apply herbals on the wolf's open wound but he knew that the animal would need to be treated more to be able to fully survive. He also saw that the poor animal seemed to have a broken leg. His other option was to bring the wolf back to their cabin where he knows he have enough supply to treat the poor animal but bringing a wild animal was a big risk he would be doing. For Pete's sake, this was a wild wolf we're talking about! One of the highest and strongest predator in the animal kingdom. But Chanyeol's soft spot for animals was tugging his heartstings and he couldn't live with the fact that he would let one stray and badly injured animal to be left alone and die when he knows he could do something to help.

There are a lot of other more reasons to not do what he plans to do and all the while he was having an internal debate with himself, the wolf suddenly twitched to consciousness. His eyes widen as he stared down at it but he didn't moved an inch from where he was.

And there, he saw the wolf's eyelids flutter open as he stayed frozen on his crouching spot. He watched as the wolf whimpered and weakly glanced at the moon, irises flashing blue before closing his eyes again but had continued to whimper in pain.

"What just happened?" Chanyeol breath out a puff of air he didn't know he was holding. He didn't know if he was just dreaming right now or it was just his imagination but it looked like he saw something flashed in the wolf's eyes but he wasn't sure. Their surroundings was dark and was only illuminated by the moonlight and it was really late in the night so he doesn't know if he was just hallucinating or not.

A small whimper pulled him out of his reverie yet again and one glanced at the pained animal, all kinds of rational thinking was thrown out of the window as he begun to carefully carry the animal back to the cabin.

"You're going to be alright. It's okay. I'll take care of you," he whispered as he carried the animal.

Unbeknownst to him, the wolf was only half conscious but was too tired and in too much pain to struggle anymore but with his assuring whispers of sweet nothings had visibly made the creature relax and let him take him anywhere.