How Their First Year Went

New Edition to the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How their first year went...


Jonghyun and Kibum have been dating officially for almost three months now. And Kibum was loving it.
He had almost forgot what it was like being in a relationship, that or either Jonghyun been the best boyfriend he ever had that he just put his past relationships to shame.

Kibum had gotten off of work early one day. Yoona was still at daycare and he decided to have to pay a quick visit to Jonghyun's job. He wanted to surprise him so Jonghyun didn't know he was coming. Since he didn't know he was coming he could only hope he could catch him in his office before he went out to tow a car or anything like that.
He stopped by to grab Jonghyun a lunch, he would sometimes make them for him but he was so eager to see him he just went and bought something instead so he would get there quicker.
His job was about a thirty minute ride from his job but he didn't mind making the trip.
He pulled into the parking lot of small building with a huge sign outside that read "The Kim's Towing Business". What made the sign cute was the fact that a small picture of Jonghyun and his father was sitting in the corner. He always teased his boyfriend over that.
When he pulled up he hopped out of the car with his lunch and walked inside. A small bell hung from the door that would indicate that a customer had walked in.
"Welcome!" He heard Jonghyun call from his small office.
He was ready to walk out but Kibum beat him to his office door surprising him.
"K-Kibum? What are you doing here?" He asked shocked but still wore a smile on his face.
"I came to visit you obviously! And I brought lunch." Kibum said gathering Jonghyun his arms and landing a peck on his lips.
"Really now? And to what do I owe for this visit from such a beautiful person such as yourself?" Jonghyun said working his charm.
"Just your attention." Kibum smirked.
Kibum sat Jonghyun down in his chair at his desk but not before checking him out.
He always loved his uniform. It was a black jumper that matched his boyfriends hair and round glasses perfectly. 
But it was also tight which showed his muscles perfectly. 
"Eat." Kibum said unwrapping his food.
"Only if you eat with me." Jonghyun said yanking Kibum by the waist and sitting him down his lap. They fed each and teased each other. They started making out while Jonghyun had his arm wrapped comfortably around Kibum's waist and caressed him.
They were so into each other that they didn't notice when Jonghyun's father walked in.
His father cleared his throat to get his attention. 
Kibum jumped out of his lap, both adorning pink cheeks from embarrassment.
Jonghyun didn't look like his father, he figured he looked like his mother. But both men wore big round glasses.
"D-dad! Hey..?." He bowed.
"Son." His dad replied.
"Hello Mr. Kim, how are you?" Kibum said bowing.
"Good, how are you I haven't seen you in a while!" Mr. Kim said.
"S-sorry I been busy you know!" He said rubbing the back of his neck.
"Well it's good to see you. You should come over and meet the family soon and bring your daughter Jonghyun's always talking about. My wife and daughter are dying to meet you too."
Kibum has only met Jonghyun's father since he ran into him at the company multiple times. He hadn't met his mother or younger sister yet. Jonghyun hadn't even met his parents yet either.
 It wasn't intentional, they had both been busy with work and spent their free time with each other or taking Yoona out.
"Of course! I'm so sorry, I promise to visit soon." Kibum felt guilty. But Jonghyun felt the same.
"You better! Now son, I'm sorry to ruin the fun but we gotta call that a car needs to be picked up across town and I'm sending you out for this one since the other employees are busy."
"Okay..." Jonghyun moped.
"Oh and next time, try closing the door okay? The customers can see you." His father said laughing and closing the door to the small office space. 
"Haha oops..." Jonghyun said.
"Jjong I'm so embarrassed! This is like the 5th time your dad has caught us like this! I don't want him to keep seeing me like this. And now the customers?!" Kibum said throwing his face into his hands. Jonghyun came behind him and back hugged him. 
"Baby~ it's okay. My dad likes you I promise, besides I'm sure no one else really saw," He says placing a kiss on Kibum's neck. 
"But Bummie I have to go now. Can I still stop by for dinner with you and Yoona later?"
"Of course."
The two shared a passionate sweet kiss before Kibum left to pick up his daughter.

*

Kibum and Jonghyun finally made time one weekend to visit both of their families.
"Oppa I love it!" Yoona yelled while she twirled around in front of a mirror. Jonghyun bought her a new purple dress with hearts all over it after she complained she had nothing nice to wear to meet his family. 
"Really Princess? That makes me so happy!" He said nealing down in front of her. 
When Yoona was happy it really made Jonghyun happy.
"Jjong thank you so much, you really didn't have to..." Kibum said.
"But I wanted to. You know I'd get anything for this little princess." He said leaving a kiss to his boyfriends temple.
"Don't spoil her too much now!"
Kibum rushed everyone out the house wanting to be on time. It was early in the morning and Jonghyun kept telling him they had plenty of time to get there.
He was nervous and 'over dressed' in Jonghyun's opinion. Jonghyun's family was humble and he felt Kibum was taking it very seriously.
Kibum strapped Yoona in her car seat in the back of Jonghyun's car before they left. 
Kibum was in the passenger seat and started chewing on his nails and shaking his leg. 
"Bum calm down, my family are nice people. They're gonna love you." He said grabbing for Kibum's hand. 
Kibum sighed.
"What about me!" Yoona yelled from the back.
"Of course they'll love you Yoona! That's a given." He chuckled.
"Uhg I just feel bad that I haven't met them yet..." Kibum moped.
"But Kibum I feel bad that I haven't met yours either, remember?" He rubbed his thumb over Kibum's palm.
"Just relax baby."
Easier said then done.

-

They arrived at Jonghyun's family home. It was small and simple and out where their weren't many other homes. The ones that were there were more spread out, so they had a bit of land.
Kibum was carrying Yoona in his arms standing next to Jonghyun on his family porch.
"You ready?" Jonghyun asked.
Kibum nodded and that was Jonghyun's cue to knock on the door.
It only took a few seconds for the door to swing open. Kibum recognized his father right away.
"Ah Kibum! Welcome, welcome! Honey they're here!" Mr. Kim called.
Mr. Kim ushered Kibum and Yoona inside with Jonghyun trailing behind.
"Kibum is it? It's finally nice to meet you! I been looking forward to this!" Jonghyun's mother beamed. Now Kibum saw where he got his looks from, he looked just like his mother. The only difference was she had long wavy hair.
"And is this little Yoona that we have heard so much about?" She said leaning close to her. 
But Yoona shied away and hide her face in Kibum's neck.
"S-sorry shes a little shy around people..." 
Yoona warmed up to Jonghyun so quick, he hoped it would be the same with his family.
"Kibum you look so nice and dressed up, are you two going somewhere after this?" Mr. Kim commented.
"Haha, no Kibum always dresses like this." Jonghyun said nudging his boyfriends arm a bit.
Kibum pouted.
"I told him there was no need to look so fancy!"
"My, he does look like he has expensive taste. You must be rich!" His mother said.
Kibum chuckled, she was adorable.
"Bummie works for a fashion magazine as an editor, he holds a good position." Jonghyun said proudly.
Although Kibum's job does pay him well, he did come from a bit of money.
"How nice! Well then you must give advice to my husband, he buys me such horrendous clothes." She scoffed causing Kibum to laugh.
Mrs. Kim moved everyone into the living room and sat everyone down. 
Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim tried to play with Yoona and together to stop being so shy so she could hold her. Yoona giggled at their attempts.
But when Jonghyun stood up to go into the kitchen, Yoona hopped out of Kibum's lap only to jump infront of Jonghyun and reach her arms up toward him so he could pick her up.
"I want to go with you!" She called.
Being the little spoiled girl she was she got her wish and Jonghyun picked her and took her with him to the kitchen for a snack.
"I don't think she likes us, ahhh. But at least she seems to like Jonghyun. He's always been good with kids." Mrs. Kim said.
"No! She's just say shy...she'll come around I promise." He hoped.
"But yes, Jonghyun seems so good with kids. It's adorable really." Kibum added.
"Probably because he helped raised his little sister, that's why he's so good. See, Mr. Kim worked alot back then to get the business running. And at the time I was sickly, so my Jjong helped take care of her a lot." 
"Oh...I see. That's amazing of him really. I hope your better now..." Kibum said with empathy.
"Oh, yes yes. It was just some complications back then. I'm much better now. And I feel even better knowing Jonghyun had found someone he really likes. He talks about you two all the time!" She cooed.
Kibum only blushed and tried to hide his face. Did he really talk about them a lot?
Suddenly he heard their front door jerk open. It was a teenage girl that look like the spitting image of Jonghyun and their mother but with long black hair down her back.
She was wearing a uniform, it was Friday so she was most likely coming from school. 
The moment she walked in Jonghyun walked out of the kitchen with Yoona.
The teenagers eyes went wide.
"SHE'S SO CUTE!" She ran up to Jonghyun immediately giving Yoona all the attention she could ever want. Except she didn't want it.
Yoona started whining and moving around in Jonghyun's arms.
"Yah! Junghee calm down! Your gonna scare her!" He scolded his sister. Yoona hide her face in Jonghyun's neck and tightened her grip around his neck.
Junghee pouted.
"I just want to hold her...who's baby is it anyways?"
"My boyfriends."
At that Junghee spun around, remembering that she saw a stranger sitting on the couch. 
"Oh! Hi! I'm Junghee! I'm 17 and I'm a senior in high school! Your very handsome! Should I call you Oppa? Can I hold your baby?" She said bowing and jumping on her tipy toes at the same time. She was very energetic, opposite of her brother who was more calm. 
"Hi Junghee, I'm Kibum. It's nice to meet. Thank you! And yes can call me that if you want. And you can hold her if she lets you." Kibum smiled amused at her behavior.
"Your so nice! Thank you!" She squealed.
Kibum knew his sister was younger, but not that young. But learning how he took care of her and watching them interact was amusing and entertaining.
"Junghee back up! Let us sit down." Jonghyun said walking around her. 
"Im going to go see if I can find some of my baby clothes so I can dress her up and bring her some of my old toys!" Junghee said running off.
"Sorry about that Bummie..."
"Yes, she's very...excitedable like her mother." Mr. Kim said.
"It's fine she's adorable. I love it." Kibum assured him.
The rest of the afternoon went well, Mrs. Kim started making dinner for everyone. Yoona started opening up a little more, since Junghee refused to leave her alone. But she still kept quiet most of the time.
But before dinner started Jonghyun spoke to Kibum about it.
"Bum, what's wrong with Yoona?" He had concern written all over his face.
"Jjong it's okay, she's just shy. She just cautious around new people she meets. But she likes your family, I'm sure. I mean look she's playing Junghee now." Kibum gestured to the two on the couch who were playing with some toys Junghee brought her.
Jonghyun still looked unconvinced.
"Jjong~ it's okay, don't worry."
"I just want her to feel comfortable."
"She's fine."
Kibum love how he worried over his daughter, it showed he really cared. And that was definitely a good sign.
"You know my parents said they love you, and my sister too."
Kibum was relived to hear that too. He felt less nervous after he met them too, they were nothing but warm and inviting.
At dinner things went well and everyone asked more questions about Kibum and Yoona too. They were also amazed at how well spoken she was for her age and how smart she was too.
They all cooed at her too whenever she called Jonghyun 'Oppa'.
"Yoona your so cute, you know that?" Mrs. kim said over the table. She couldn't get enough of her.
"I know, Jonghyun Oppa says this all the time." She said causing everyone to laugh.
They stayed the whole day and it was getting late so they decided to head home.
Jonghyun stayed in the living with Yoona so they could talk to her a little more. That's when Junghee decided to speak to Kibum alone when he was standing off to the side.
"Hi." She said startling Kibum.
"Oh h-hi Junhgee."
"You know..." She started.
"My brothers a really great guy. And he's really good with kids, Yoona will be in good hands with him." Kibum could sense the fondness she had for her brother.
"He's the best big brother I could ever ask for, I know he'll be great to your daughter too."
"That's so sweet of you-"
"He'll make the best dad! I can't wait for the wedding!"
Kibum blinked. What?
"W-what?! No, no, no we just met! I think your jumping a little far ahead-"
But Kibum wasn't able to finish before Junhgee squealed 'good bye, it was great to meet you!' and jumped out of his sight.

The family expressed how they wished they could he met him and his daughter earlier because they thought they were a great match for their son. He explains how he felt bad for not meeting them earlier but the didn't hold it against him and just made him promise to visit more often.

-

The next day they decided to visit Kibum's family. But this time Kibum was freaking out even more. This time Kibum drove and went to pick Jonghyun up. 
It wasn't his first time at his place so when he got there he sat Yoona down with a snack and barged into Jonghyun closet.
"Bum what are you doing?!" 
Kibum was going through his clothes picking out different things.
"Jonghyun I need you to change, you have to look good for my parents."
Jonghyun playfully rolled his eyes.
"Bummie I'm sure-"
"No, my parents aren't like yours. They are mean and judgmental." Kibum said throwing a new shirt and a pair of pants on the bed.
Jonghyun couldn't believe people like that would raise someone as sweet and soft hearted as Kibum. 
Now he was getting nervous.
"Change quickly! We have to be there on time!"
-
Jonghyun was in awe when Kibum pulled up to his parents home. He knew Kibum came from money, but not this much. 
It was huge.
It was decorated with a large gate outside to professional rom i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter