How They Met

New Edition to the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How they met....


Kibum was a single father raising his four year old daughter. 
He hadn't planned on raising a child alone at twenty-four, with her mother gone now. But he couldn't let little Yoona suffer. So he took her in, and two years later they were still together.
"Yoona!" Kibum called.
He was downtstairs in the kitchen making his daughter breakfast as she was getting ready for daycare. 
The little four year old with two pigtails ran out of her room and skipped along the way.
"Yes daddy?" She asked.
"Sit down please, I made your breakfast and you need to eat before you go." Kibum said pointing to a chair near the kitchen table. He was rushing around the house making sure he and his daughter had everything they needed for the day.
Yoona hopped on the chair and swung her legs back and forth waiting patiently for her daddy to bring her her food.
He placed down a full meal he cooked for the both of them. He always liked to make sure she was well fed before going out anywhere. 
She hummed and ate happily and Kibum stared at her smiling. 
Honestly he loved being a father, it was definitely hard for him at first but he had support from his parents and best friends. 
He moved in with his parents to take care of her, but a few years ago he moved in to a nice apartment just for the two of them. He worked as a fashion editor for a popular magazine company. So he made a good amount of money and enough for them to live comfortably.

"Daddy I think we should have left by now?" Yoona spoke.
Kibum looked up from his phone where he caught himself reading an article online and loosing track of time. 
"Oh my gawd! Let's go! Let's go! No time to clean up the table, lets go!" 
When Yoona finished eating he scooped her up into the car and buckled her in her car seat.
"Do you have your snacks? Your coloring book? Your book bag?" Kibum asked getting himself behind the wheele.
"Yes! Yes! And yes!" Yoona checked.
"Okay good, we are running a little late so let's get going-"
"WAIT!" Yoona yelled.
Kibum jumped a little, startled from her screaming.
"What? What is it? What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.
"I have to pee." 
Kibum sighed and took her back inside quickly so she could use the bathroom. This put the even more behind. He was so in a rush he failed to check his gas tank and overlooked that fact that he could only make it a few miles out. 
And that's how they ended up on the side of the rode stranded for the past ten minutes.

"No, no, no!" Kibum yelled to himself. He was standing outside his car with Yoona in his arms. He slapped a hand against his forehead embarrassed at the turn of events. But his hand was removed by a smaller one.
"Daddy don't hit yourself like that!" Yoona reprimanded him. She was too cute for words, but at the moment he actually couldn't bring himself to even smile.
"I'm sorry sweetheart. Daddy is upset because he has to call a towing truck and spend money." Kibum became very frugal with his money when he became a father. He couldn't waste his money on expensive clothes or the latest technology like he used to in the past. His money went to diapers and milk bottles. More recent years small hair pins and coloring books.
"I can find a job daddy! Ill pay for this and I'll be just like you!" She squealed. 
How selfless.
Kibum just gave her a wet kiss on the cheek and proceeded to call a towing company. 

About twenty minutes later Kibum had already called into work telling them he wouldn't be able to make it that day because we would end up being super late anyhow. He knew they would probably chew his head off, but he couldn't help his situation the moment. He was now leaned up against his car with Yoona napping peacefully in his arms. He played with  one of her ponytails but stop as he noticed car pulling up next to his. 
The tow truck!
A black and white tow truck pulled up to the side of the road in front of Kibum's car. He wanted to jump for joy! 
He was ready to greet the man and thank him when he his words got stuck in his throat when he saw the man that stepped out.
He was gorgeous.
Said man stepped out in a sleek black jumper with a white wife beater. His hair a jet black with jet black glasses to match. Why was he towing trucks and not modeling instead?!
"Uhh...t-hank you, for uhm...coming to get me." Kibum said nervously and bowed. His daughter looking at him strangely for his weird way of speaking suddenly.
The thing truck man looked at Kibum silently and looked at him up and down in a not so subtle way before a smile slowly graced his lips. Did...he just check him out?!
"It's my pleasure." The man said.
"My name is Jonghyun by the way." He said bowing.
"Aha! K-kibum..." 
"Why are you talking so funny?!" Yoona said suddenly to Kibum interrupting, causing his cheeks to slightly turn red.
Kibum gave her a look that was a mix between "be quiet young lady" and "don't embarrass your daddy infront of cute strangers!".
Either way she giggled to herself and remained quiet.
"Sorry, this is my daughter Yoona. Bow sweetheart." 
Yoona bowed slightly in her fathers arms to show her respect.
"She's absolutely adorable. I love kids." Jonghyun said smiling and showing off his perfect set of teeth. 
"So did your car break down?" He continued after Kibum was openly staring at him.
"Oh! Uhm no, I actually didn't check my gas meter before leaving this morning...I'm just out of gas." He said embarrassed. 
Jonghyun chuckled.
"It's fine, it happens to the best of us. I'll just drop you and your car off at the gas station okay?" 
Kibum fetched Yoona's car seat from his car and sat her in the back of Jonghyun's truck and then sat himself in the passenger seat. 
Jonghyun was busy hooking up Kibum's car to his truck in the meantime.
"Okay everything is set." Jonghyun said hopping into the drivers seat.
"Jonghyun Oppa this truck is so cool!" Yoona squealed. 
"Thank you, princess." Jonghyun said smiling at her through the review mirror as he pulled off.
Yoona gasped.
"Daddy he called me a princess!" 
"Ahw? Aren't you one?" Jonghyun said trying to sound confused.
"No!"
"There is no way! Your just as pretty as one! You fooled me!" 
Yoona giggled, obviously satisfied with the nickname.
Kibum smiled at their interactions. Yoona liked talking to people, she was a shy child sometimes . She would even shut herself out if she didn't like someone after a few moments of their encounter. Strangely enough at her age, Kibum trusted her judgement of people. 
Some months ago when a man tried to hit on Kibum she immediately tensed up and refused to speak to him. After his first date with the guy it turned out he was a jerk anyway. He could tell whether someone was worth keeping in his life based off Yoona's reactions.
"So Kibum, right? How old is she?"
"Yoona? She's just turned four last month." He said fondly. 
He didn't know why he didn't just ask her, but he figured he was just trying to start a conversation with him. He didn't mind.
"She's so adorable. I love little kids, I hope to have some of my own some day." 
"Oh? Why not right now? Are you too young for some?" 
"Too young? Haha, I'm twenty-seven. I don't know if that's young enough for you. But that's not why I don't have any, I just don't have anyone to have a child with." 
Kibum's interest peaked.
"Your not dating?" 
"Nah, not for a long time. I haven't found the one yet, you know?"
"Daddy doesn't date either!" Yoona yelled from the back.
"Y-yoona!" Kibum called embarrassed.
"Why doesn't daddy date, princess?" Jonghyun asked genuinely curious.
"Because daddy only loves me." She said confidently.
Jonghyun looked to Kibum.
"It's just the two of us." Kibum said not dispelling to much information.
Kibum didn't miss the quick look Jonghyun did at his ringless left hand, and smiling to himself afterwards.

Once they got to the gas station (Jonghyun being nice enough to drop him off at the one nearest to Kibum's home) Jonghyun unhooked Kibum's car so he could fill it with gas and be on his way. 
"So how much is everything? Cash or card?" Kibum said after he finished up filling up his car.
Jonghyun looked up to the sky as if he was thinking about the price, confusing Kibum.
"Well, I didn't really do much for me to charge you I think." 
Kibum rose his eyebrows. How generous.
"But, if you give me your number I can guarantee that the cost will be free." He smirked. 
Kibum scoffed and rolled his eyes, but when he felt his daughter tugging at the end of his sleeve he looked down.
She was smiling and frantically and shaking her head yes.
Yoona definitely seemed to like him. Should he give him a chance? Kibum hadn't dating anyone in years...
He would be lying if he said he didn't miss being taken cared for and given affection.  
"Well I guess so." Kibum said, the fact that Jonghyun looked as if he just won a million dollars made him not regret saying no, at least for now anyway.
"Really? Okay...wow! That's great! I didn't think you would actually say yes ! Well um here..." He said handing him his phone so Kibum could punch his numbers in. 
"I guess I should call you Hyung, I'm twenty-six m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter