i/i

home is where the heart is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the corridor, he spots his unicorn slippers on the steps of the doorway. At a closer look, he can tell the pair is washed and dried; the faint scent of detergent lingers in the air just like their laughters during late night movie marathons. It has been years since they have sat down together for Hollywood flicks and popcorns. 

 

Passing the threshold, Chanyeol's mismatched socks greet him from the floor. The television screen remains a muted black and on the couch lay a pile of dried laundry.  

 

From the looks of those baggy sweatpants and loose tank tops, Sehun's summer wardobe comes to his mind. Joonmyun has probably moved them out; their shared room has been tagged as a notorious site to fish out a wad of crisp bills from under a rug.

 

One of their night lamps near the imported arm chair is broken. An Acer is folded on the leather seat and is left open with tabs of downloads of Billy Elliot and The Weekend's 'Earned It' on mid pause. 

 

A glass of iced coffee sat on the top of the kitchen isle; tiny droplets of water dotting the surface. Minseok and his caffiene fix. "This," the elder has once claimed (after what's probably his fifth shot of the morning), "is the ultimate to pep up my day."

 

The sink is flooded with a kimchi stained pot and two ramen bowls. He can imagine two blurry figures of Kyungsoo and Sehun hunched over the dining table, slurping away the instant noodles in the middle of the night.

 

A box of cold fried chicken is found in the fridge; seems like Jongin has broken his diet routine again. He recognises the nuance of decrease in the bottles of soju Joonmyun has purchased and prays Jongdae won't get caught.

 

The cabinet is left open and a bag of flour peeks out from it; he is glad to find that Kyungsoo is holding onto his promises of baking a cheesecake.

 

Padding out of the kitchen and its mess, he recalls the moments of a crossed brunette wielding a spatula at a certain giant who continued stuffing his mouth with brownies.

 

"Get the out of my territory!" Kyungsoo has raved like a mad man before a half- Jongin walked in. The tiny chef was soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter