The place to lose your fears

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Taeyeon's a little bit cranky, and Tiffany's a little bit naggy. (Part of the domestic!TaeNy AU)

Category: Good ol' fluff


Taeyeon gasps for air as she reaches the top of the last – finally the last – flight of stairs.
 

They should have taken that studio unit on the fifth floor with the squeaky door and weird brown stain on the kitchen floor (which the owner said was definitely not blood, followed by some nervous shaky laughter).
 

Okay, fine, they made the right decision with the 17th floor, but it just doesn’t seem like the right one when the power is out and you have to take seventeen flights of stairs to get home after a long and grueling day at work.
 

Taeyeon’s legs jiggle like the jelly she so loves to eat, protesting every step she takes.
 

So. Close. Just a few…more.
 

She fumbles around for her key, thankful for the emergency lights illuminating the hallway as she unlocks the door to their apartment.
 

What greets her once she opens the door is complete and utter darkness. Is Tiffany not home?
 

Taeyeon takes her phone from her pocket and quickly opens the flashlight app. She shines a light in front of her and drops her phone with an undignified screech when she sees Tiffany standing a few feet away from her. “Holy ing Jesus!”
 

“Did you buy them?”
 

“What?” Taeyeon asks, crouching down to around for her dropped phone. “Why are there no lights on?”
 

“There’s a blackout, Taeyeon.”
 

Taeyeon rolls her eyes at her girlfriend’s sarcastic tone. “I meant why don’t we have flashlights on, or candles lit up?”
 

“Because we don’t have any, and I asked you to buy some on your way home!” Tiffany retorts.
 

“You did…?” Taeyeon checks her phone for any messages, and true enough, Tiffany did leave her quite a few. “…Oh.”
 

The irritated intake of breath Tiffany takes grates on Taeyeon's already frazzled nerves.
 

“I’m sorry, okay? But I am not going back down there again. The elevator’s broken and getting up here felt like climbing Mt. Everest.”
 

“You should have checked your messages,” Tiffany whines. “Is that so hard to do? I was also asking how you were because it’s freaking storming outside and I don’t know if you were safe and you could’ve—”
 

The sharp intake of breath Tiffany takes is of a different reason this time, as Taeyeon had stalked towards her and simply shut her up with a kiss.
 

It definitely works, and Taeyeon dives back in for more, craving for the heat of Tiffany's lips. Taeyeon hadn’t even realized she was feeling cold until Tiffany locked her arms around her neck to press against her.
 

They break apart for air, but Taeyeon leans back in for a hug, nuzzling her nose against Tiffany's neck, making the latter shudder involuntarily. “I’m sorry,” she murmurs against her skin, and she seals her apology with a soft kiss.
 

Tiffany sighs against her and pulls her closer. “It’s okay. I was just really scared.”
 

“And I’m sorry that you had to be.”
 

“Mm.”
 

“Why is it so dark in here, though?” Taeyeon turns her head a little to look at the covered windows. “You could lift the drapes up.”
 

“I… The lightning is kinda scary,” Tiffany admits.
 

“...Oh.” Taeyeon sighs in understanding, and she berates herself for not checking her phone again. “I’m sorry, baby. Well, my phone still has a lot of battery left. I can leave the flashlight—”
 

“No, it’s okay.” Tiffany pulls away from their hug but holds on to Taeyeon's hand and walks her to the couch. “Just stay with me, please? Somehow, it’s okay when you’re beside me.”
 

Taeyeon's heart instantly warms at Tiffany's words, and she intertwines their fingers once they’ve sat down on the couch. “Okay,” she says with a smile, wrapping her free arm around her girlfriend’s shoulders. “Have you eaten dinner yet?”
 

“Yeah. You?”
 

“Uh-huh. So…what do we do now?”
 

“I feel like your hand is suggesting something,” Tiffany huffs out with a chuckle, shivering slightly as Taeyeon's fingers glide up and down her arm in a not-so-innocent manner.
 

“And…do you like the suggestion?” Taeyeon teasingly raises an eyebrow in question.
 

“This would be more romantic if we had some candles around.”
 

“…That’s not a no, right?”

 


A/N:

Aaaaaa I'm back from the dead, yo! Okay...not really. HAHA I just find it really hard to write these days, so forgive me if I haven't been updating much of anything. I just spend all my sorry days on Twitter now, pretending that it's doing something meaningful to my life. DX

I tried to type some new story up, but I gravitated towards shorter again and remembered tweeting this, and someone said I should write a story based on it, so...here it is! Only a few months late! :))

I hope the fluff cheered you up even just a tiny bit <3 Thank you for reading, as always!