Magic, madness, heaven, sin!

I've got a blank space, Baby! (UPDATED!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was six in the evening and Seokjin still hadn’t the faintest idea how he was going to dress up for his welcome party. He had been forcefully sent home early from work by Namjoon so he could ‘spruce himself up for the party’ as Namjoon put it.

 

Seokjin had pulled out his tuxedo, his leather jacket, casual black shirt and jeans, formal black shirt and pants and almost everything he could get his hands on. And yet, he wasn’t satisfied by any choice he made.

 

“Ugh! What do you even wear to a company dinner that is a welcome party for you?” he grumbled under his breath, flopping down on his bed, frustrated. He ran a hand through his mop of chestnut hair, staring blankly at the ceiling fan, wondering if he should just ditch the party.

 

The message alert of his phone snapped Seokjin out of his dream-like state. Groping blindly around on the bed, he picked up his phone and brought it up to his face.

 

Kim CEO: 1 new message

 

“Speak of the devil.” Seokjin muttered, tapping on the notification.

 

“Hello, Seokjin-ssi! Just wanted to let you know that the party is casual, so don’t turn up in a tux. :P”

 

“Damn! Emoticons!” he thought, sending him a quick ‘thank you’ back. Sitting up on his bed, Seokjin placed his phone on his bedside table before glancing at the pile of clothes on his bed.

 

“Something casual.” He muttered, rummaging through the pile once again and finally pulling out an almost see through white button up shirt and a pair of blue ripped jeans, “These should do.”

 

In the next half hour, Seokjin showered, dressed, styled his hair to give it a slightly messed up bed hair look, touched on a dab of lip gloss and decided he looked sinful.

 

When the clock ticked half past seven, Seokjin was reclined on his sofa, scrolling through his phone, trying not to think how nervous the idea of the coming party made him. He jumped a little when the doorbell rang. Pocketing his phone, he checked the security camera feed to check who it was.

 

A stocky, well-built man sporting a black suit, dark sunglasses and a Bluetooth ear piece stared right back at his security camera. Out of his window, Seokjin could see a black limousine parked in his driveway.

 

Marvelling at the limousine, Seokjin opened the door to greet his assigned driver. He was acknowledged with a sharp, respectful bow.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Kim.” The man said, “I am Minseok and I shall be your designated driver for the night. If you are ready, we should leave immediately as Mr. Kim is expecting you.”

 

“Sure.” Seokjin breathed out, slightly taken aback at the crisp monologue, “Um…give me a moment.”

 

Stepping back inside, Seokjin pocketed his wallet, gave himself a once over on the glass cover of his showcase and then stepped back out, locking the door behind him.

 

“Here goes nothing.” He muttered under his breath, following Minseok to the waiting limousine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This is where you get off, Mr. Kim.” Minseok informed Seokjin five minutes after he had parked the limousine in front of the hotel where the party was and Seokjin still hadn’t budged from his seat.

 

“Yes, I know.” Seokjin said through gritted teeth, trying to stop his brain from coming up with excuses to leave the place right then.

 

“Are you alright, Mr. Kim?” he heard Minseok’s concerned voice.

 

“No.” Seokjin blurted out and then blushed in embarrassment, “I’m not really a party person.”

 

Minseok smiled a little, “You’ll be fine, Mr. Kim. This is more of a gathering than a full-blown party. You shouldn’t keep Mr. Kim waiting any longer.”

 

A little amused at how Minseok kept referring to both him and Namjoon as Mr. Kim, Seokjin returned his smile and slid open the door of the car.

 

“There you are, Jin hyung!”

 

Seokjin stepped out of the car and glanced towards the source of the sound to see Hoseok sprinting towards him.

 

“Hoseok.” Jin greeted him with a small smile and wondered why the bewildered look crossed Hoseok’s face, “Is something wrong?”

 

“Are we okay, hyung?” Hoseok asked tentatively, and Seokjin’s brain re-winded back to the conversation they had that afternoon.

 

“Ah.” He said, face falling a little, “I’m sorry about that. It wasn’t your fault.”

 

“No, I’m sorry.” Hoseok said in a small voice, “I realised that it was none of my business to ask anything of that sort and you would have mentioned if you weren’t comfortable.”

 

“It’s alright, Hoseok. Forget about it.” Seokjin insisted, not wanting to continue discussing that topic any longer.

 

“Right, sorry.” Hoseok said immediately, understanding, “Um… Namjoon is waiting for you. We thought you might not tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter