Nice to meet you, where you been?

I've got a blank space, Baby! (UPDATED!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin tried to make as little noise as possible, wincing at the click-clack the heels of his new black formals made on the pristine white tiled floor of the building. He stopped in front of the glass double doors that had ‘CEO’ engraved on them and took a deep breath. He turned to his right and stared at his reflection on the glass window. His hair was neatly styled. His tie was in place. He looked fine. Nothing in his outward appearance gave away the war that he was waging with himself in his head.

 

“You got this, Kim Seokjin! You can do this!”

 

“Says the dude who creeped the out of the boss at his last interview!”

 

“It was my first interview! Now I know what not to say!”

 

“It was the first one you got called for, after the disastrously honest applications you turned in!”

 

“Well, I did get a call from here, didn’t I?”

 

Seokjin was glad his head didn’t find any argument to counter this one. He let out the breath he had been holding and pressed the card he had been given at the reception to the scanner next to the door.

 

“Here goes nothing.” He muttered to himself as he stepped through the doors that slid open for him.

 

“Hello! How may I help you?” came a cheerful voice from his left and he turned to find a guy in black formal shirt and pants, the top button of the shirt undone, with pinkish blond hair and a smile that could put the sun to shame. Seokjin instantly felt overdressed in his white shirt, black pants, black overcoat and red neck-tie.

 

“He-hello.” Seokjin stammered a little, bowing to the man, “I’m here for the interview for the CEO’s personal secretary?”

 

“Ah! Kim Seokjin-ssi?” the man smiled even wider and Seokjin wondered how that was even possible, “Boss has been expecting you.”

 

“Right.” Seokjin gulped a little, frowning at how this man addressed the CEO. Was he some ex-underground drug lord?

 

“Come on! I’ll take you to him.” The man grinned at him, indicating that Seokjin should follow him.

 

Seokjin nodded to himself as if reassuring himself that it was going to be alright, before falling in step behind the 5 feet 9 inches’ tall ray of pure sunshine.

 

“I’m Hoseok, by the way. Jung Hoseok.” Seokjin could hear the smile in his voice, “I’m the Chief Operating Officer and the CEO’s advisor.”

 

“Ah, it is nice to meet you, Jung Hoseok-ssi.” Seokjin gave an awkward half bow and then blushed, realizing that Hoseok couldn’t see him. Resisting the urge to smack himself in the face, Seokjin followed Hoseok through another set of sliding doors.

 

“Please wait for a few minutes. Boss’ll be here soon.” Hoseok was still grinning.

 

 Seokjin wondered if Hoseok ever stopped smiling. He inclined his head towards him in a short bow and tried to stay in one spot to avoid getting the immaculately clean floors even a little dirty.

 

“You can sit down, you know. Make yourself comfortable.” Hoseok looked amused.

 

“I’m good, thank you.” Seokjin said, a little stiff. Hoseok shrugged and flopped down on the couch, grabbing a cookie from the large cookie jar standing in the corner.

 

Seokjin fidgeted with his collar and tie and restlessly switched the file with all his credentials from one hand to another, all the while trying to avoid the amused smirk Hoseok was shooting in his direction.

 

“Oh hey, Hoseok hyung!”

 

Seokjin turned the same instant Hoseok looked up towards the voice, and hence entirely missed the look of absolute glee that flit across Hoseok’s face.

 

“Who’s this?”

 

Seokjin barely registered the words coming out of the stranger’s lips, busy as he was staring at the absolute perfection of a man that stood in front of him. Dressed in plain white tank top and a pair of knee length black shorts, tank top drenched in sweat and sticking to – were those abs!? – purple hair tousled like he’s been running a marathon, Seokjin had to control himself hard from openly drooling. Was this the CEO? And if he was, what CEO came to office looking like this?

 

Seokjin tried to get a grip on his thoughts and emotions as the said man proceeded to kick of his red converse high tops, pull of his sweat drenched socks and collapse on the couch next to Hoseok.

 

“Seokjin-ssi!” Jung Hoseok’s voice seemed to penetrate Seokjin’s consciousness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter