Chapter 5

Rooftop princes

Hello everyone. Everyone must be missing ontae these days. Even I do TT TT TT so read this and smile. Let's spread happiness!! Enjoy!

 

Jinki came out of the grocery shop with 2 bags of snacks and other food in his hands. It was the end of another busy day and on his way home, he thought of buying the things he was hoping to get in the weekend, to save that time to complete his work load. He went through the packets of food to see if he has bought everything needed. At that moment something caught his eyes. The milk bottle. As always, he didn't forget to buy it. It suddenly reminded him of Taemin. They didn't had a peaceful time to spend together for many days as Jinki didn't had any long break because of the special project he was working on. From inside his heart, he was dying to see him everyday. He didn't knew whether it was because he missed him or because he just wanted to have a chit chat with his friend. So after a while, without him knowing he was infront of the book shop where Taemin was working as a part timer. 

He pushed opened the door and went in to find his friend. Unfortunately, he couldn't find any sign of the younger boy there.

"How can I help you, sir?"

Finally a young lady came to him, probably because no one would believe that he came in search of a book. He was only going here and there inside the shop without even taking a single glance on a book.

"Well..., is there someone called Lee Taemin working here?"

"Yes there is sir. But he went home some while ago. I think he was kinda sick. Do you know him, sir?"

"Oh... I'm his friend. Thanks for telling me"

He quickly bowed to the lady and walked out of the shop.


"What happened to him?"

The older male walked with speedy steps towards the aprtment elevator. He was terribly afraid about Taemin. Back in the days, Taemin was a weak boy, always catching fevers even during the hot climate. It wasn't like he didn't knew that he's not the same small kid now, but something inside from his head was telling him to go to him soon. In a short while the elevator stopped at the floor where Taemin lived. He almost ran out of it, but the younger one's voice stopped him.

"I'm ok now Minho. Thank you for everything"

"Ok then. Let me know if you feel dizzy again"

"Ok, I'll call you. Now go on. You'll miss the bus"

"See you tomorrow then. Bye"

"Good bye"

Taemin waved goodbye at a young man who was walking towards the elevator with Jinki inside. He was a tall guy with a round small face and looked more handsome with the branded clothes he was wearing. As he was getting into the elevator, Jinki quickly stepped out giving a small bow which was replied by another bow by the other man. 
At a short distance, Taemin who was going to go inside saw the sight of Jinki and was quite surprised to see him. 

"Omo. Hyung!! You're here!! You aren't busy today?"

Jinki walked towards him.

"No... I don't have to work overnight today"

"That's great. I felt sick, so I came earlier with Minho. Oh, you saw him right? He's Choi Minho. Works with me at the book shop"

"Yeah I saw. How are you now? Feeling ok?

"Yep. I'm alright now. It was just a headache. So... what brings you here?"

What brought me here? I missed you? I was worried about you? I thought something bad has happened to you? What am I supposed to tell you, Taemin? They were just thoughts that filled Jinki's mind. But some strange feeling kept all those inside without letting them out.

"Uhm..."

He quickly fetched inside his bags and found the small milk bottle he bought.

"This. I wanted to give you this"

Taemin took the bottle smiling, not so surprised because it was another little thing Jinki always does which he call it as 'cute kindness'. 

"Oh!! Thank you hyung!! I just now thought of going to buy one. Well, it must be my lucky day today. Thanks"

"Haha.. yeah, it must be"

Jinki had to try so hard to hide his pinkish blush that almost appeared on his chubby cheeks. He was glad that he could hide it unlike the other days. 

"Hyung, have you gone to the rooftop?"

Taemin asked while opening the lid of the milk bottle. 

"Nope. Have you?"

Jinki was living in the apartment for more than 3 years, but since he was busy with work or to be exact, since he was too lazy to search the building during the time when he could just lie down on the bed and rest, he didn't had any idea about a rooftop.

"Seriously hyung??!! How many years have you been here, huh? I went there yesterday. You'll be surprised if you go. Wait... let's go there now. You don't have anything to do now, right?"

Jinki was just about to say that he was tired, but he was eagerly waiting to spend some good time with Taemin. So he just forgot about his comfy bed waiting for him.

"Yeah, I'm free now. You go first. I'll quickly go drop these bags and come"

"Ok then. Come soon"


The older male climbed the final staircase of the building with another long sigh. He was terribly tired after climbing so many stairs and he felt that his legs won't move anymore too. No one would believe he was in his early 20s if they saw him at that moment climbing up like an old man. But for his immense surprise, the sight infront of him made sure to wipe away the exhaustion from his body. He has never thought that that kind of a beautiful thing could exist in Seoul. He could view the entire town from there. Since it was starting to get dark, almost all the areas of the city were filled with lights, so it looked like a beautiful night sky with thousands of sparkling stars. The wall sorrounding the rooftop was not so high, so anyone could see the beautiful view from anywhere. 

Jinki released a huge sigh of relief. He no longer felt tired. He no longer remembered his office work and stressfull matters. The only thing that mattered to him at the moment was the beauty of Seoul at night that his eyes were witnessing and..., a beautiful figure standing in a corner holding the railing with the most beautiful smile he has ever laid his eyes on. His entire body filled with a flutter of excitement and joy. Seeing Taemin was his escape from his tired life. He only wanted to spend each and every second with him. A bright sun that finally shined and brought him out of the darkness. It was him, Lee Taemin. 

It didn't occured to him that his feet was moving. It didn't occured to him that he was running. He couldn't understand why he was doing that. His entire mind went off. Finally, the only thing he could feel was the softness of Taemin's small body that he embraced with his arms. It was just a simple backhug. But for Jinki, it was a huge relief. The happiness that he was waiting for. 

 

So how was it? I don't write alot these days, so it may lack many things. I miss Jinki so much. Even while writing this, I was imagining him and thinking whether he's fine now. I hope he's ok. I guess it's better if I stop my annoying talk. Hehe... I hope you enjoyed this. You must be curious about Minho now. There're so many characters to be added in the future. So wait patiently. 

Don't forget to comment and subscibe. Have a nice day!!