Chapter 3

Rooftop princes

Hello everyone!! It took me more time to update. And there's a small small thing I need to say. I know I'm dumb enough to make you all think that people's appearance could change in just 4 years. I'm so sorry about my dumbness. That's all. Enjoy!!

 

It was around six in the evening. Darkness was covering the world letting everyone know that it's the end of another day. But it didn't mattered a bit for the two friends who were there inside a small coffee shop talking about what they missed for the past four years. Their heads were filled with curiousity about everything that happened to each of them during the time when they were apart. Jinki found out that Taemin has left his parents and come to Seoul to follow his dream without taking his dad's business. In a way, you may see they did the same thing. Leaving their beloved ones. But their intentions were different. 

Four years ago, Jinki left home because he was fed up of the hopeless life he was living. He wanted to see the world and how it can change their lives. He wanted to try what he can, what he was supposed to do with his good brains, in which he never understood from where he got that, and there he was working his off among piles of papers infront of him everyday. He forgot about his sincere little dream. He forgot about the huge dreamland he made in his younger days and he forgot that he had a friend who shared that same dream, to help him, to strengthen him. But that friend didn't followed Jinki's steps. Taemin was different from Jinki. 

"So you're not going to change your mind and go home?"

"No. I can't. I mean I don't want to"

Taemin replied with hopefull eyes. Sometimes Jinki wondered how much positive Taemin could be. The way he's looking at the things that would matter so much for the future, was not something that Jinki could even imagine of trying. He doesn't fall back, not everytime, but most of the times. 

"You are still stuborn as before, you know that right?"

Taemin grinned at Jinki's remark.

"You know me well, hyung"

"Yes I do, Lee Taemin"

Jinki Taemin's hair smiling to the fullest. He was all smiles since the time he met Taemin. He didn't had that smile on his face in years and was glad to realize that it still exist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After having a peaceful dinner and doing some needed work, Jinki got inside his blanket trying to sort out things inside his mind. They finally met. But was it fate that brought them together? Of cause Jinki didn't believed things like, fate, destiny. But at that moment, he couldn't think of a reason. It was hard not to believe that it's their fate, not when Taemin came to live in the same apartment and not when he has started to take the same singing classes as Jinki. He was happy about seeing his Taemin again but at the same time, he wanted to know why god let them meet again. Because Jinki didn't deserve it. He thought that he doesn't deserve to see Taemin after what he did in the past. 

 

(4 years back.....)

Jinki was sitting on the bench in the park where he was supposed to meet Taemin in less than 5 minutes. He rubbed his two hands on his lap while his feet tapping the ground with nervousness spreading all over his body. He was muttering "calm down Jinki" to himself all the time till Taemin came and sat beside him. 

"Oh, you came"

Jinki asked without even looking at the younger boy who was starting to get excited to know whatever Jinki was going to tell.

"Tell me hyung. What did you wanted to tell me all of a sudden?"

His smile could heal the world and his playful voice could erase all the devilish thoughts in someone's mind. That was how Jinki saw his Taemin. Even though he wasn't looking at the younger boy, he could figure out a cute smile on his small face since it was all he would gift Jinki whenever they're together. 

"Well.... um... well, I..."

Taemin started to giggle at Jinki's stuttering. He always found it cute when his hyung was nervous about something. 

"Yah! You don't want to tell me now?"

"Lee Jinki, you fool!! Get a grip and speak out!!"

Jinki thought to himself to gather up all the courage inside him, which he saved up throughout his life for who knows what. 

"Taemin-ah, I love someone"

For the first time, Jinki looked up only to see a delighted Taemin jumping in excitement. But, unfortunity was always there in Jinki's life. It wasn't what Jinki expected. It wasn't a smile on Taemin's face that he wanted to see at that moment. It wasn't a warm and pleasant atmosphere he wanted but all gloom and coldness to surround them. A loss of expectations. 

"Really??!! Hyung!!! Why didn't you tell me before that you're seeing someone?? I never thought you'll betray me. Now tell me. Who is it? I want to teach her a lesson for taking you away without even me knowing"

He joked out as always. For a moment, Jinki wanted to believe that it wasn't a joke. He just wanted to think that Taemin said it for real.
 
"Um.... "

"Yah! Tell me quickly!! I want to know who that lucky girl is. Is she someone I know? Is she from your college? Your age? Or younger? Oh!!! Is she my age? Tell me, hyung!!!"

Taemin started to pour out all the questions he could think of. He was full of curiosity that he didn't noticed Jinki's eyes filling up with tears. The older boy felt like the whole world burning infront of him. He wanted to vanish out of there. He prayed that he could go back in time. Blaming every god who made him a thoughtless person, he tightened his fists placed on his lap, trying not to shed any tears at the moment. 

"What are you doing pabo???!!! Just tell him!! Tell him that it's him!!"

But it became just a thought. A thought that would never see the light. He gave up. 

"You don't know her"

A lie after another. He told so many lies that he never imagined he could think of. At the end, it was just a made up story. Another fairy tale about a boy falling in love with a pretty girl. A white lie in which he thought would be the best for both of them. 

 

(Present time....)

Jinki thought it was just an immature kind of love of a eighteen year old boy. He was so young at that time even to know what love really meant. It was just from the books he read, he learnt about that unfamiliar word which he thought was easy and simple. He couldn't speak out his inner feelings towards Taemin and blammed himself all the time. But with time, he realized that he did the correct thing for everyone's sake. He didn't felt regretful. 

But the fact that they met again, caused him to think it over again. He was afraid that those hidden feelings of four years would start growing again and trouble him. He didn't wanted to try. Not when he knew that Taemin look at him just as his hyung.

"It can't happen"

He just wanted the sleep to embrace him as soon as possible so that he could hide himself. To hide his feelings. To hide that sincere love he has been trying to bury all the time. To not let himself fall again, even though he didn't wanted to let him go. A selfish love which he hates the most. 

 

So, how was it? I guess it didn't go well. I just wanted to let you all know what happened between them in the past. And please don't think that this is going to be an angst. Funny things will happen in the future. The next update..... I can't say a definite time. But probably after August 19, the last day of my exams. Hehe... I'm going on hiatus cause it's hard to study and fangirl at the same time. It took me a long time to realize that. Wish me luck!

So please look forward to it. I'll make it a lot more fun and interesting in the next chapters since my head would be free at that time. Don't forget to subscribe and comment! Thank you for reading!