Chapter 5

The Second One

Hoya and Bora were standing against the car in silence, staring at the sea. The waves came as large army and banished to nothing as they hit the shore.

"Remember we used to often come here before?" Bora smiled, taking Hoya's hand in hers.

He looked down at their entwined hands and smiled in contentment. He hummed in reply, refocusing his attention to the sea.

"I love the times we have spent here together, Hoya. Times like those made me feel better when I used to miss you before."

Hoya smiled at her again, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. He kissed her hair, somehow knowing it was okay to do so.

She nuzzled closer to him, letting the chilly wind try to break them apart. Her hair flew in all directions, letting him take the scent of her hair in.

"Your hair smells different," Hoya said all of a sudden.

"Really? From 10 years back?" Bora joked.

Hoya laughed and she joined in, as nature held them close in a cocoon of love.

"I love you, Hoya," Bora said, as the sound of their laughter died down.

"I know," Hoya nodded knowingly. "I know you love me. That's the only I knew kept me alive for years."

Bora kept quiet, swallowing down whatever she wanted to say. Luckily, Hoya was understanding.

"Do you have anything else to say?" He asked, pulling away and looking at her lovingly.

"I..." Bora closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Hoya. I just can't leave Sunggyu."

"Why?" Hoya snapped, the look in his eyes hardening. "Because his mother died and he's miserable? Because you've been together for so long? Because you're engaged or to save your friendship?"

"Hoya..."

"When my mother died, I was miserable too. We had been together for so much longer than you and him. As a matter of fact, we never broke up. I know I was cruel to leave you like that, but I am sorry! I am very very sorry, just... just give me a chance."

"I can't even risk it," Bora said, biting down on her lower lip. "I am so afraid of losing Sunggyu I can't even risk giving you a chance."

"What about me then? What about us?"

"Us happened, Hoya. And it was amazing while it lasted. But it's in the past, and I've moved on. The part of me that still loves you is the part of me that still hasn't moved on from teenage. You were my first love, Hoya. There's no way I'd forget you or even stop loving you. But weren't you the one who said that if the heart beats even once for the second one, it's the second one? This is it, Hoya. Sunggyu is the second one, and I choose him."

Hoya jerked his hand out of Bora's grip, frustrated.

"After all the wait, this is what I get?"

She kept silent, and he respected her silence. They kept staring at the sea, both walking down the memory lane and retracing their memories. Both thinking how things would've turned out if he hadn't left years back.

After hours, when the sun had set completely and the sea was louder than ever, he looked at her again. He stared at her, until she turned sideways and met his eyes.

His eyes were still the same, they spoke in a language of their own. But to anyone who didn't understand their language, they were silent. Bora was among the very few ones who could still appreciate their beauty without really knowing what they said. To her, his eyes were the most enticing pair of eyes. To her, those eyes were the most beautiful things she had ever seen. Those eyes had taught her how to love, and she can never afford to forget that magical feeling.

"Just this once," Hoya said, leaning down to close the gap between them.

"Just this once," Bora said, her eyes smiling sweetly.

He cupped her cheeks and she put her hands on his, as their lips met and eyes closed, in order to savour the feeling of their lips on each other for one last time.

.
.
.

Bora and Hoya just had their last performance stage at INKIGAYO. Their collaboration together was well-received and they ended everything on a good note, along with personal problems.

Bora had just walked out of the the building of SBS, when the sight in front of her startled her, making her gasp in surprise.

A swarm of fans were chanting some kind of chanting but it was so noisy she couldn't anything. Where did so many fans come from and what were they trying to say to her?

Someone wrapped their arms around her waist and placed their chin on her shoulder. She didn't have to take a second guess, she knew who it was. Fans dropped their voices, as if anticipating for something big.

"Say..." He whispered, and it echoed so loud that she knew he was speaking into a mic.

And four huge boards emerged from in between the fans. Lights decorated the boards to form the words- Will. You. Marry. Me?.

Bora gasped, and turned to look at him.

"Sunggyu, I already-"

"They needed to be a witness of it, come on!" Sunggyu said, pointing at the fans who started cheering loudly.

"And plus," Sunggyu whispered, taking his mouth just beside her ears. "This is a whole new start for us."

"So," He said, pulling away and facing her. "Will you marry me?"

"Uh... what do I say now..." She said, pretending to think.

"Yah, yah, Yoon Bora! What are you thinking so much about? If you don't say yes I am going to quit being a singer! My fans are going to eat you alive!"

"Ugh, don't nag so much! Alright, alright! I'll marry you just so that you shut up now!" She said, faking annoyance.

Fans started shouting wildly, celebrating, as a million-dollar worth smile spread across Sunggyu's features.

"Thank you," He muttured, pulling her in for a deep, passionate kiss.

Bora responded to his kiss wholeheartedly, as they got lost in their own world under the loud cheering of fans and bright flashes of the cameras.

At times Bora would think back to her days with the first man in her life. She would reminisce their good days and relive them. But she never regretted her decision to be with the second one, not even once. Her true happiness stayed with the second one, and she knew it. All too well.

 

 

 

@@__@@__@@__@@

Tada! The Second One!

This was rushed, and somewhere along the way it lost the shape I wanted it to have. Nevertheless, I am done with it and I am happy I finally wrote a love story with a HoBoGyu triangle! Comment down your thoughts about it!