Chapter 1

The Second One

Bora smiled down at her phone screen as a certain name flashed across it. She ran a finger over the object and finally received the incoming call.

"Hello?"

"Why do you make me wait so much~?" He whined over the phone call.

It was raining, the car was cool, Hoya was driving with a smirk pasted on his face and Bora was smiling like a mad girl in love.

"You are so childish, Sunggyu."

"Yah, I just asked you why you make me wait so much. How is this me being childish?!" Sunggyu half-shouted.

"Never mind, Gyu. Why are you calling anyway?" Bora retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Woman, can you like- watch how you are talking to an elder?" He nagged, pissed at her ignorance.

"Sunggyu, please shut up."

"You're so rude! Anyway, where are you guys?"

Bora looked at Hoya driving beside her, and asked like a lost child, "Where are we now, Hoya?"

"We just got out of Seoul," Hoya replied, checking his GPS.

"Just got out of Seoul," Bora repeated Hoya's words to Sunggyu on the phone.

"Oh," Sunggyu said. "Bora-ya..."

"Yes?" Bora asked, curios why Sunggyu was speaking so softly all of a sudden.

"Are you sure you're safe with Howon driving? I really don't trust his skills!"

Bora laughed out loud, grabbing Hoya's attention. The latter just smiled and shook his head, somehow understanding what Sunggyu was saying. After all, Sunggyu has been saying he doesn't trust Hoya's driving skill ever since this trip was planned.

"Yes, we're safe so far!"

"Okay then, but I'm not sure how long you will be safe!" Sunggyu joked again.

"You don't worry, Grandpa!"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME--?"

"Oh god, Sunggyu! Don't start nagging again!"

"Okay, okay!" Sunggyu said, letting out a hearty laugh. "Be safe."

"You too."

"Bye then."

"Yeah, bye. Rest properly, Sunggyu!"

"Okay~"

Bora removed the phone from her ear as he cut the call and shook her head at Sunggyu's childishness.

"You've fallen so deep for him I don't even stand a chance here," Hoya joked, his eyes focused on the road.

Bora's smile faltered as she turned to glare at Hoya, "We've already talked about this. Don't complicate matters for me, Hoya."

Hoya laughed, nodding at Bora, "I know, Bora. You don't have to worry. I was just joking."

"So, how is-" Bora stopped talking as Hoya's phone buzzed. She pouted in disappointment. "They should know you're driving. The boys are so ignorant at times."

Hoya picked up the call, pressed it close to his ears for minutes. His expression changed from calm to serious and took a rough U-turn. He put his phone down and continued driving at the highest possible speed.

"What's the matter, Hoya?" Bora asked, noticing that they were going back to Seoul.

"Myungsoo called," The younger replied.

"So...?" Bora inquired. "Why are we going back? Don't we have a schedule in Busan?"

"Sunggyu hyung's mother died. We need to be there."

.
.
.

Bora was all fidgety as Hoya flew the car through the night to Sunggyu's parents' house.

"Don't worry so much. He'll be alright," Hoya said, for the nth time that night.

"I can't," Bora replied. "You know how important his mother is to him. He'll go crazy."

"Still, you have to keep calm," Hoya argued back. He pulled into the driveway and turned to look at Bora. "We're here."

Bora jumped out of the car, pushing her way past the many people gathered in front of the house, all the while searching for that one face.

She frantically looked around while searching for Sunggyu, and bumped onto someone in the process.

"Bora Noona," A familiar voice said and she looked up to see who it is.

"Sungjong-ah..." Bora said, relieved to find a familiar face in this crowd. "How is Sunggyu?"

Sungjong moved his gaze, replying unsurely, "I don't know. He hasn't talked much, nor has he expressed any kind of emotion for the past few hours."

Bora felt her heart clenching. Sunggyu was in pain, and she couldn't help but feel bad for him.

"Where is he now?"

"Come with me, noona."

.
.
.

Bora walked to the living room of the house with Sungjong, and spotted Sunggyu sitting at a corner. Some people were talking to him, probably offering their condolences, but he looked like he wasn't listening. He looked lost, buried deep in the heap of his thoughts.

"Oh, Sunggyu..." Bora gasped. He looked perfectly alright, but to her, he looked miserable. Like all the other times he was in grief, he was taking refuge in himself.

"Yes, yes, a relative died! Yes, that's were I am!" A lady spoke loudly into her phone just a few feet away from Sunggyu. "You know INFINITE's leader? Kim Sunggyu?"

Sunggyu's attention was surprisingly drawn towards the woman. She somehow looked way too groomed and giddy to be at a house where someone has recently died.

The woman let out a girlish laughter, and continued speaking loudly to whoever was on the other end of the phone, "Oh yes! Poor boy! His mother died today! But he's fine, idols like him don't even care, do they?"

Bora watched as Sunggyu's jaw tightened and he stood up. He growled, "What did you just say?!"

The woman on the phone looked bothered as she noticed Sunggyu. She quickly put her phone down and cleared .

"What did you just say?!" Sunggyu repeated, shouting louder than before.

"Hyung," Woohyun, who was standing right beside Sunggyu, warned him and held his wrist. Dongwoo side-hugged the elder in order to hold him in place. The scene had already gathered all the attention in the room.

Enraged, Sunggyu shook his hand out of Woohyun's hold and shrugged out of Dongwoo's hug as tears spilled out of his eyes. He harshly rubbed them away, ready to charge at the woman.

Taking this as her cue, Bora rushed past everyone and went and hugged Sunggyu tight. She let him bury his face in the crook of her neck, and felt his muscles relaxing under her touch.

"I'm here," She softly whispered.

"You're here," He whispered back, faint traces of sadness and regret in his voice.

"Yes, I'm here."

"You're here. Don't leave me again."

"I won't leave you," She mumbled.

"Not even for him."

"Not even for him."

Under the curios and sorry gaze of the people present in the room, the couple hugged each other close, ensuring each other of their promising presence.