Rewritten (2/?)

Rewrite

As I went to Somi's workplace, I saw her trying to carry some boxes and she was about to fall so I ran and prevented that from happening. She was so surprised to see me, and I can see it in her eyes. She’s also sad but it is probably more than what I feel. It was her beloved boyfriend that died..

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wooseok? It’s a surprise to see you here,” She stated and smiled a bit.

I smiled, “I though that it would be better for me to visit you for a while.”

“Thank you, Wooseok.” She said as she was holding the boxes once again but it is on a more stable state “My shift's about to end, please wait for me here.”

“Okay then.” I answered as I nodded which made her smile a little wider than a while ago.

 

 

 

 

 

Seeing her smile even though her heart's broken into bits made me admire her, she’s a loyal girl and she’s trying to be strong not just for her.. but also for Minsoo. She knew the right decisions, and she would try to be better. She's too precious for this tragic relationship, Minsoo is too young to die because of a so-called ‘mistake’  of that filthy murderer.

 

 

 

 

 

“Wooseok?” I blinked and looked at Somi which wa already in front of me, “You’re spacing out too much, Wooseok.”

“Am I? Sorry.”

“So, do you have any other place that we can go?” She asked me.

“I—” I was about to say that I haven’t thought about that but I saw someone in one of the tables and my blood boiled as if my anger turned into fire that caused the ignition ”Yes. It might be better that we’re not in this place right now, I can sense a murderer in this area right now.”

“What?” Somi asked but I immediately pulled her out of the cafe she's working at until we're somewhere far.

“I’m sorry for pulling you, Somi. I just wanted you to have some fresh air after your shift, you must be tired.” I apologized and looked away.

“It’s alright, Seok-ah.” She said and tapped my shoulder, “Maybe it was alright  for us to go home, you looked tired too. Let’s just go on a park at Sunday.”

“Park? At Sunday?” I asked her.

She nodded, “Yes. It’s so relaxing in there, I bet that it’ll make you feel relaxed. Too bad, we have to wait for a few days to pass since I’ll be busy. Let’s meet at Sunday,okay?”

“S-Sure..” I agreed.

 

 

 

 

 

After saying her farewell, I also went home and locked myself in my room  I feel so relieved to see that she's doing just fine right now. While I’m still not over it, I’m still trying to be okay but seeing that murderer’s face had made me lose my cool. I am still grieving for my bestfriend, and hate that murderer’s presence.

 

 

It should’ve been him. 

 

 

 

 

I tried to distract myself but I wasn’t really getting better, I hope that I’ll be better today. I have to act like I’ve already moved on, I am going out with Somi today. I should not make her worry today, she needs to be happy too. After all that she had been through.. she deserves to be happy, at the very least.

 

 

 

When I arrived at their meeting place, I saw Somi waved her hands so I immediately went beside her. She was grinning while waving her hands as if she was really happy to see me—and that action made me a bit glad.

 

 

 

 

“Whoa, I thought that you wouldn't come.” She said while pouting.

I chuckled, “I wouldn't do that. Sorry for making you wait for a few minutes.”

“It's alright, Wooseok!” She said in a cheerful tone, “At last, I could have a relaxing time after a  few weeks of being busy with the cafe.”

“You should not overdo it,” I reminded her.

“Alright, I get it.” She playfully said, “You sounds like my grandpa, chill! Let'e relax for now!”

“You’re right.” I agreed.

 

 

The two of us took a stroll around the park, it was autumn and there are leaves falling everywhere. I sometimes sway the leaves that were stucked in Somi's hair away and Somi would chuckle. I looked at Somi’s hand.. her that was holding Minsoo’s hands before and held her hand.

 

“You shouldn't go too far,” I said and laughed, “You looked like kid that went out for the first time.”

“Hey!” Somi pouted once again and I looked away, “I’m not a kid!”

“Yes, you are.” I answered while smirking.

“Am not!” Somi screamed and scoffed, “Stop teasing me, Wooseok.”

“Yeah, I'm sorry.” I said and chuckled.

 

 

 

Somi's attention was taken away from me when she saw pile of leaves, and without any hesitation.. she pulled me and we both fell in it. Some of the leaves flew away from us and Somi was laughing really loud. She enjoyed this day.. 

 

 

 

 

“This is quite fun,” She stated and sighed, “It's been a while. After I heard the news, I felt like I'm a worthless person. I couldn't avoid the fact that I cannot do anything to undo Minsoo's death.”

“Same,” I said and clenched my fists, “I was in that place and I couldn’t save him, I could just stare and look at him as if he was pulling an another prank. Oh boy, I wish that it was just a prank.”

“Hey, Wooseok.. thank you very much,” I looked at her and she was smiling really wide, “Thank you for being here for me, and comforting me. I know that you're not okay but you're worried about me, and I have to thank an another person that was comforting me and taking care of me even though he's not near me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at the direction on where Somi was looking, and I felt like I wanted to run and beat that er to death. HE WAS IN HERE, TOO. He was looking at Somi, too. Him being in here isn't good news to me. He doesn't deserve to witness Somi's smiles, and hear her laughs because in the first place, he caused her sadness.

 

 

 

“Hwanhee had been watching over me sind Minsoo died, he had been always in a far place because he might think that I hate him or something. But no, I would never hate him. And I would never blame him for Minsoo's death, it was just a mistake. And I bet that Minsoo wouldn’t blame him either,” She said and laughed once again, “If I could have the chance to talk to him, I would explain to him that he did nothing wrong and he shouldn't be like that. But unfortunately, he would run away whenever I'm trying to talk to him.

“You're too nice.” I said in a cold tone, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Somi is too nice, she too forgiving. I should protect her, and keep that away from her.