Rewritten (3/?)

Rewrite

I’ve been next to Somi’s side since I saw that murderer watching her. I won’t let that murderer to be near her, I’ll beat the out of him.  But today’s a bit different, forty days had passed since Minsoo died. I looked at his grave, someone must’ve visited him a while ago. It was clean..

 

 

 

 

“Hey, it’s been a while. I am sorry for not visiting you sooner, I am still not over that my bestfriend was killed in front of me. Everything seems to be different now, and I can’t cope up with everything. It’s hard.. and painful.” I stated while staring at his grave, “Somi seems to be doing better, she’s somehow back to her cheerful self. I’m kind of glad seeing her smile, and hear her laughs. It is comforting me.. I don’t know. I think I like her, Minsoo.”

 

 

 

 

I know that it is too sinful. She’s the girlfriend of my bestfriend, but he’s gone.. and she’s lonely. Wouldn’t it be better if the two of us will be together? We will get through this together and will also be happy. I will make her happy.. 

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry, Minsoo. I tried to ignore these feelings but everytime that I can see her smiling , my heart feels like it will burst out. I tried to.. but it’s so damn hard. I can’t stop it anymore. I am so sorry, Minsoo. But..” I tried to smile “I will take care of her. I will protect her from Hwanhee, that disgusting killer. I will do whatever it takes to prevent that bastard on getting near her, I won’t let her feel sadness once again. I won’t make her sad. I promise, Minsoo.”

 

 

I talked to him again and again, told him all the stuff that happened, and also showed him some new stuff that I’ve bought. I am not the type of person that would waste money on useless things but here I am, collecting some figurines like Xiao. I don’t know, maybe it’s because of boredom. Jinwook hyung told me that I am still not allowed to practice, that I needed more time to heal the wounds.

 

 

 

But how can a wound like this heal too easily? It’s not like a life didn't ended on that incident, an innocent life. I don’t even get it, they’re still trusting that bastard. Despite the things that he did, they’re still there for him. They’re too nice, all of them! 

 

 

After saying farewell to Minsoo, I went to the plaza to find a flower shop. I am thinking of buying Somi a bunch of flowers, and red roses were the right ones. Roses were too lovely, just like her. I walked home and left my things there except for the flowers, of course. It was already sunset when I finally arrived at her place, it was day off and I’m sure that she’s here.  But.. 

 

 

 

“Somi?” I knocked at her apartment but no one was responding.

“Are you looking for Somi Jeon? She just left a while ago with a boy, a brown-haired one.” I looked at the boy who spoke, “I am Ahn Hyungseob, I live at the room next to her. She seems sad a while ago, and that boy have some scars on his face. Must’ve been her boyfriend.”

“Brown hair? Scars?” There’s one person that popped in my mind after hearing that but I am stil not sure if it is really him, “Wait, does that guy have a motorcycle?”

He nodded, “Oh. Yes! That’s right.”

 

“I see.”

 

 

 

I quickly ran out of the building. Everything seems to be in color red now, I can’t stop clenching my hands despite feeling pain because the thorns of the roses were pricking my hand again and again. The anger that I’m feeling right now is too much, I need to release this.. it hurts. It’s painful.. and terrible. I won’t forgive you, Lee Hwanhee. NEVER! 

 

 

If something happens to Somi, you’ll ing regret that you’re stil alive, and breathing! You’re really an .. a shameless one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tried looking at the practice place, the park, Somi’s workplace, and almost everything.. but they’re not here. The two of them are together right now and I won’t tolerate this—that bastard have done enough. I will make him pay.But there has to be a place where they can stay for now.. but where?

 

 

 

Think, Wooshin. Think. 

 

 

 

Oh, they must have been there. Somi, and Minsoo’s meeting place. That abandoned lot.. I’m sure of it. Prepare your ing body, and soul.. Lee Hwanhee.I’ll be coming to save Somi from you.

 

 

I ran as fast as I could, and it only took me 20 minutes to arrive at that place. And the first thing that I saw was Somi crying.. I ran again and threw Hwanhee the roses as I punched him too hard. He fell to the ground so I kept on punching his ing face. All I can see is red now. As if my anger turned into a fire that consumed my whole body, I don’t care about anything now but all I can do is keep on punching this shameless bastard.

 

“You’re so shameless! After everything that you’ve did, you still have the guts to approach Somi. And you made her cry, you ing bastard! You’re so shameless, how dare you?! You killed her boyfriend, and took away her happiness.. then now that she’s getting better, you’ll make her cry again?!” I screamed while kept on punching this .

“Wooseok! Wait!” I can hear Somi’s voice but it seems like I was too immorsed on beating the out of this person.

“Why do you keep on ruining other people’s happiness?! You’re so selfish! Why can’t you even do things in the right way? You’re so ing hopeless, Minsoo died because of you. He doesn’t deserve to die, it should have been you!” I stated while glaring at him, “I wil never forgive you, you hear me?! Just ing die, and bring Minsoo back! We don’t need a disgusting murderer like you,okay?! Just go die! Minsoo should have been with me and Somi right now if it wasn’t for you! Can’t you ing do things right?!”

 

 

 

 

I felt a pair of arms pulled me away from Hwanhee, and a painful slap made me startled. I looked at Somi, she’s still crying but she’s definitely mad right now. Why?

 

 

 

“It is all a misunderstanding,okay?! He came to give me these!” She showed all the stuff that she was holding, it was all Minsoo's stuff. “He thought that it would be the best for me to keep these, he kept on blaming himself! He kept on insisting that he's a ruthless murderer! He kept on suffering, kept on staying awake because of the neverending nightmares! Yet you’re hurting him so much! Wooseok, Hwanhee’s also suffering just like us! How can you do this to him?! You’re breaking him apart! Mentally, and physically!”

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at Hwanhee, he's still crying. His face was bruised, and he just kept on laying down at the floor. I looked at my hands.. filled with my blood because of the roses’ thorns mixed with Hwanhee’s blood. I was about to say something but Somi already took my hands and she dragged me away from the place. We arrived at the park where she just cried, and cried once again. Please stop crying, Somi. 

 

 

 

Am I the wrong one? Am I just beating Hwanhee and kept on blaming him because I  can’t go on without blaming somebody.  Am I the immature one here?  But I just did all of that.. to protect Somi.

 

 

 

 

“He doesn’t deserve to be treated like that, Wooseok. The two of you used to be close friends, and now.. you’re turning your head back on him. And hurting him, that’s wrong. Hwanhee needs to know that it wasn’t his fault because in the first place, he doesn’t want Minsoo to die.” Somi stated.

I looked down, “B-But if he didn’t bumped Minsoo, Minsoo should’ve been alive.”

 

“It was all an accident,okay?” She said and wiped her tears, “You’re terrible, Wooseok. You ruined the poor boy, he just wanted to repent for the mistake that he did. The mistake that he didn’t even  do in purpose!”

“It was all his fault.” I whispered.

Somi shook her head, “No. You’re wrong. Wooseok, reflect on your actions. This is not right.. you’re too much!”

 

 

 

 

 

She ran as fast as she could away from me. I was left on this park on a chilly night, the fire inside my heart went out. Anger became guilt, and just like poison.. it spreaded throughout my whole body and I fell to the ground as tears kept on falling from my eyes.

 

Am I the terrible one? Or am I just misunderstood? It shouldn’t be me that is suffering with this pain.. no. I’m not wrong, they’re the wrong ones! All of this shouldn’t even happened if it wasn’t for Lee Hwanhee.

 

 

 

If only I could bring back time.. I would make sure that Minsoo would be back, and Hwanhee will be gone.