Rewritten (1/?)

Rewrite

As I saw Minsoo's unmoving body, I felt like everything just shattered into bits. Without any hesitation, I ran to his side and removed his helmet revealing his closed eyes and his pale lips. 

 

 

 

 

“Y-Ya, Minsoo! Open your eyes! This is not a nice joke! Move! Open your eyes! Say something!” I shouted while trying to shake his body, “H-Hey! Minsoo!”

 

 

 

 

 

I tried shouting, and shaking his body more and more but he wasn’t responding in any of it. He remained just like that, I can't even accept this. This can't be happening! We're going to win this game, and talk about this later. This is not happening.. 

 

 

 

 

 

I immediately looked at the culprit, he was looking down at Minsoo's body and wasn't moving as if he was stucked in there. I just felt my blood boiling, and everything was red. As he ran away, I stood up and chased him.

 

 

 

 

 

“LEE HWANHEE!” I screamed filled with rage, and disgust.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was in the locker room, eyes widened and was shaking in fear. He doesn’t deserve to look like that.. after he killed my bestfriend. I pulled his collar and punched him a lot of times. I just kept on punching him until I felt a pair of arms tried to pull me away from that filthy bastard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You murderer! You killed Minsoo, he doesn’t deserve this! He wasn’t supposed to be killed just like that, it’s unfair! You killed him, you filthy murderer!” I tried to struggle away from Sungjun, and Changhyun's grip on my shoulders, “It wasn’t supposed to turn out like this!”

“Wooseok, calm down. It was all an accident,” Jinwook tried to explain to me but that was pure bull.

“It wasn’t an accident!” I spit and pointed at that bastard, “It was his fault! He killed him! He killed Minsoo, Jinwook! Don’t tell me that you’re on that killer’s side?!”

“I am not on anyone’s side, and as a witness of that incident.. I am telling you that Hwanhee did nothing wrong and it was all an accident that no one wanted to happen, understand?!” Jinwook said in a firm voice, as if it’s hinting me that he'll argue it with me but I'll end up losing the argument.

I shook my head and smirked, “You don’t understand, hyung. He killed my bestfriend.. he's too young. How would his family react? And.. Somi..”

 

 

 

 

I looked down. I wouldn't be able to see Somi grieving over Minsoo, she's too precious for all of this . Minsoo shouldn't have died a while ago.. if it wasn't for that brat. I glared at him once again, and I saw him shaking in fear as he kept on crying. Pathetic. Why are you crying, you’re not the victim here. You’re the ing culprit!

 

 

“It should've been you. It’s much better if you’re the one who died there, no one would cry over you anyway. How pitiful. It should've been you, you er!”

 

 

 

 

 

I saw that his eyes widened again, and his sobs were louder. That's the queue for Jinwook hyung to order Changhyun, and Sungjun to pull me away from the locker room. I kept stuggling on their grips, I need to beat the out of that murderer! It wasn’t enough! I need to beat the out of him!

 

 

I can't help but cry as I kept on thinking about Minsoo, it wasn't supposed to turn out into a tragic one. We're going to win this game, and celebrate afterwards. Then he'll visit his girlfriend, Somi and it'll be a better tomorrow but no.. it'll never be like that now. Minsoo's gone, and everyone is griveing over him. While that bastard's still alive, and crying as if he was the pitiful one. It was his fault!

 

 

 

 

I wonder if Somi already knew about it, she would be devastated. It was her boyfriend who just died in all of the sudden, she won't be able to cope up with his loss that easily. I need to be with her, to be at her side in order for her to be alright. I'll save her, the thing that haven't done for Minsoo. Don’t worry, Minsoo. Somi will be safe.

 

 

•••

 

Days had passed since Minsoo's funeral and we're back on practicing once again. I looked around and haven't felt that murderer’s presence.

 

 

“Hey Wooseok hyung, are you alright now?” Dongyeol asked me and smiled a bit.

“A bit.” I answered and looked everywhere.

“Are you looking for..him?” Dongyeol asked me once again and looked down, “Look, Wooseok hyung. Hwanhee did nothing wrong, please don't accuse him. He believed in your words, and thought that it was his fault that Minsoo hyung was dead.”

I scoffed, “It was his fault. He did that in purpose, he deserved the beatings that I gave him. He deserved the harsh words that I've said, and it's not enough. It's not enough..”

“No, Wooseok. Hwanhee is completely an innocent boy who made a mistake, he didn't want Minsoo to fall and hit his head on the ice. He didn't want Minsoo to die in front of him because of a simple mistake that he did, on all of the people that's grieving for Minsoo.. he's one of the people that had an huge impact on their lives because of Minsoo's death.” I saw Jinwook hyung behind me and he crossed his arms.

“Hyung, where’s that bastard?” I asked him.

“Why do you ned to know? So you can go to him, and beat him to death? Now, that's the thing that I would avoid to happen.” He retorted.

I glared at him, “You know that he deserved everything that I've done, and said. Stop protecting that murderer, it's so ing unfair. He should rot in jail for the murder that he commited! He should've just die in Minsoo's place, Minsoo should've been with us if it wasn't for that bastard!”

“Kim Wooseok.” I stepped backwards because of the tone that he's using, he' getting mad and it isn't a good thing. “Hwanhee is currently on a break, the boy's too depressed and you're not helping. Maybe it is fine for me to give you a temporary break, you're still grieving over Minsoo. And your emotions would distract you on our practices, just take your time and come back when you’re alright.”

“. I thought that you would understand what I'm saying,hyung. I'm outta here.” I said in a cold tone and went out of the practic place.

 

 

 

 

 

For the meantime, I should just look after Somi. I'll be there for her, to offer my shoulder that she could cry on. And to be her savior despite me failing to save his boyfriend.