CHAPTER 8

Rose Garden

Amber’s POV

 

We going home with empty hands. We can’t find Jessica and Soojung got a bit emotional about it. I comforted her by hugging her and let her cried on my shoulder. Something I used to do when we were still together. I didn’t want to let her go, to be honest. I want to keep her in my arms…but I know I gotta do it slowly or she will walk away again. After that I drive her home, she refused it at first but I was persisted and she obeyed.

“Turn left at the end of the road ahead and stop at the white building” Soojung’s voice woke me up.

“Okay” I nodded.

When my car is stop in front of her apartment, we remain still silent. I take a glance to Soojung, her face looks like…tired. I don’t have any words to say right now. Our feelings are too mixed up. She is in her vulnerable edge. No words can comfort her for this time.

“Soojungahh...” I called her softly.

“If your eyes caught her right, it was so close, Amber. She was so close…but why…” She said helpless.

“Just hold on there, I promise we can find your sister” I assuring her.

“It’s been years, Amber and we haven’t got a single clue from her again since we moved to New York. I think I should give it up then..” Her voice trembled.

“No, don’t. Look…I know you disappoint right now. But like what I said, I promise I’ll find your sister and bring her to you. As long as I live, no one can broke this promise, okay??” I held her hands and give them a light squeeze. I thought she’ll immediately take back her hands, but she let me to do it.

Is it a good sign?? Then I’ll have to explain my meeting with Ellin earlier before she got that wrong.

“And you know…I don’t know what were you doing in my old office and how you saw me with Ellin earlier and I feel I have to explain this to you, but trust me…it didn’t mean anything, I just….” Before I finished that, Soojung interfered.

“That’s fine, Amber. I got carried away…I shouldn’t get mad at you, I’m sorry. Of course you can meet whoever you want. It’s nothing to do with me…” Soojung gave a faint smile.

No, it’s not a good sign.

“But I didn’t….” I tried to explain, again, Soojung cut my words.

“Thank you for today , Amber. Take care. Bye” She unbuckled her seatbelt and got out from the car.

Ugggghhhhhh!!!!! WHY???? I just repeated the history again!!!!! Why did she come in THAT time??? Are we really don’t meant to be together?? Is this a part of God’s plan??

I feel so upset and frustrated. Today is obviously not my lucky day. ! Now she’ll assume that I still have something with Ellin!!!

I hit my head into the steering wheel several times hoping that will reduce the pain in my head.

What do I’ll do now?? Oh God…if I and Soojung are meant to each other, please God, send one of your angel to give a way for us to get each other back.

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

I lean on my bed, feeling extremely exhausted of what happened today…about the wedding preparation with Minho, that jealous attack when I saw Amber with Ellin, and Jess unnie. My head gonna explode right know.

The only nice thing I had today was Amber’s hug. I still can feel her warm body on my skin. Her scent…oh she never changed her perfume I suggested for her since we began dating. And…and her sharp jaws…her husky voice when she whispered on my ear…that was a total goosebumps. Also her lips…wet and plump…

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

DID I JUST….??? OH MY GOSH SOOJUNG!!! You can’t!!!!!!!

“No no, Jung Soojung! She’s not YOUR Amber anymore!” I shouted to myself.

“Now let’s imagining Minho instead, he’s your future husband!” I calmed myself down.

I try to think about Minho’s face…but Amber’s face keep popping out in my mind, replacing Minho. WTF!!!

Why it’s so hot here?? It’s summer already??

I fanning myself with my hands.

Shower!!!! Yep that’s right…shower is all I need.

 

******

I CAN’T SLEEP. I CAN’T EVEN BLINK.

I take a glance to the alarm clock on the nightstand. It’s 5.30 AM and I haven’t sleep since last night. I really want to choke my brain if I can for thinking unexpected things in wrong timing. I finally give up and walk to the meja rias, when I see my reflection on the mirror I almost can’t recognize myself. Dark circle, dull skin, messy hair, tired face. I look like snow white’s stepmother when she disguised as an ugly old woman.

I spend the early time inside the bathtub. Warm bubblebath is perfect. Then I dress up also put a bit of make up to cover this horrible ‘I didn’t sleep’ face. I take a look on the clock and…it’s still 7 AM.

WHAT??

My workhour starts from 9 AM. I still have 2 hours before I go to work. I thinking about places I can visit in this time. Maybe I can have breakfast in a coffee shop around here. I walk out from my apartment and heading to my favorite coffee shop near here. But when I order my breakfast, I don’t know why I’m thinking about Claressia. I haven’t got a chance to meet her again since that incident with Amber and Minho in front of her school. I’m a bit worry that someone might see us like that. I need to meet her and asking her if there was nothing happen after that.

As I can remembered, her class starts from 8 AM. I can visit her for a bit before school begins. I munching the cream cheese bagel I ordered while driving myself to Clare’s school. As soon as I arrived, I parked my car in the parking lot and hurriedly looking for her. I hope she already here. I look around the playground in front of the school building. My eyes catch a familiar figure. She sit on the bench alone, watching her friends playing with the others happily. I can tell it’s Clare even though she sitting down back facing me.

“Hello” I pop my head beside her.

She jumps in her spot a bit surprised. Then she spread a wide smile when she recognize my face.

“Soojung!” She hugged me.

“Ohh I miss you…” I hugged her back.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

“To see you, of course!” I pinched her nose lightly that makes her giggle.

“So, how are you??” I asked her.

“I’m good. Even I’m a bit sad when I realized you took off without said goodbye to me after the show few weeks ago” She showed her annoy face.

“Oh right!! I’m so sorry…something happened…so I need to go. I’m sorry. Did something bad happen after I left??” I bit my lip, afraid that she might see us fighting each other in front of the school yard.

“Oh? How do you know?? Amber hurted her hands so badly. She said she fell down to the ground. Luckily my mom took her to the doctor” She explained.

I feel relieve that no one knows about this and also thankful to Clare’s mom for took care of Amber. I was so worried about Amber that day and I decided to go back to Clare’s school to see her. But she already gone, maybe Clare’s mom took her to the doctor.

“Please send my gratitude to your mother for taking care of Amber” I said to her, she just nodded.

“But I’m still upset with you” She puckered her lips cutely.

“Oh gosh…so what I am going to do to get your forgiveness??” I raised my eyebrows.

She tap her point finger on her chin and show her ‘thinking hard’ expression. I need to hold myself to not laugh in front of her because I know she’ll mad if I do that.

“How about we going out somewhere tomorrow?? It’s Saturday tomorrow. Do you have free time??” She look at me innocently.

Well, I actually have a date with Minho and also we need to talk about the wedding since I ruined our last meeting. But I can’t say no to this cute little brat in front of me. I know she is lonely. She don’t have much friends to spend her time with.

“Pleaaaseeeeee” She pleaded and give me a puppy eyes. Ugh. This is hard.

“Fine. Let’s do it” I finally said.

“Yeeeeaaayyyyyy” She jumping up and down.

“We need to tell your mother first and ask her permission” I said to her

“Don’t worry. I’ll do it. Just give me your address” She said.

“Okay then..” I squinted my eyes while I write down my address to the sticky notes I brought on my bag.

Why do I feel that this little brat will planning something??

“There you go” I handed the sticky notes. Right after that, the bell rings. It’s a sign for entering a class for all the students.

“See you tomorrow, Soojung” She got up from the bench and wave at me.

“Bye. Have fun at school and see you” I said while I waving my hand.

Okay, now I need to figure out a way to cancel my plan with Minho.

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

Even it’s Saturday I still have to go to the office. I promised to Clare to do the lesson today since I was busy in the weekday. So I moved the schedule to Saturday for this week. And she agreed. I push my body from my bed and drag myself to the bathroom for a shower. After that I making a sandwich and eat it on my way to the office.

About ten minutes after I arrived at the office, Clare comes with Yuri. And since it’s Saturday, her catering service is very busy so she can’t stay with us. When she left, I just going to start the lesson.

 

“Amber?” Clare called me.

“Yes, sweetie?” I said.

“Uhhmmm…how about we skip the lesson only this time??” She suddenly said.

“Skip the lesson?? Then why you agreed to take a lesson today? It’s okay of you tired, let me go downstairs and talk with your mom. She probably still here” I said while I take a step out from the studio.

“What?? NO!!!” Clare pulled my hand.

“But you said you want to skip it?” I looked down staring at her confusedly.

“Yeah but I don’t want to go home. I’m bored. My parents will be busy. Just let’s go somewhere?” She pleaded.

I kneel down in front of her and hold her hands gently. She looks so pure and innocent, but also lonely. I can see that in her eyes.

“Where do you want to go?” I asked.

“How about amusement park?” She asked.

“Sure, let’s go now” I ruffled her hair.

“Really??” She widen her eyes.

“Of course. Come on bring your bag” I assured her.

“Uhhmm..actually I have a friend I want to bring. Can I bring her along?” She looked at me with her big eyes.

“Sure, let’s pick your friend up” I smiled.

“Can I borrow your phone? I will call her and tell her to get ready” She said.

I lend her my phone and she take view steps away from me before call her friend. Aiishhh kids nowadays, they act like an adult. I mean…what kind of conversation she’ll have with her friend so she don’t want me to eavesdrop them. She approached me once she finished the call and give me back my phone. I decide to call Yuri later, playing at the amusement park will spend many hours. I need to inform her so she don’t need to worry.

We drive together to pick up her friend. And I frowned when I look at the address that written on the sticky notes. Wait a minute…I think I know this address but I can’t remember it clearly. So I just keep driving. Clare sit on the passanger seat behind me. She sing happily to the song on the radio. I keep driving until I recognize the neighborhood around me. And I stop in front of the white building. It’s the address that written on the notes. I know this place. It’s Soojung’s apartment. I took her home few days ago, and of course I remember it really well.

Wait…Clare’s friend that she wanted to bring is Soojung??

Then my eyes capture a figure coming out from the apartment. She wearing a casual T shirt and jeans short pants with sneakers on her feet. She looks so simple but still stunning. Yep, it’s her. Soojung.

“Clare, the friend you talking about is Soojung?” I asked Clare.

“Uh huh! Oh there she is!!” Clare pointed Soojung through the window.

She scroll down the window and call Soojung while her hands waving crazily out from the window. Soojung noticed and wave back to Clare with a wide smile. But her smile gone when she see who’s on the driver seat.

I think God sent one of His angel for both of us through Clare. I can say it’s a fate. And I’m going to make that fate come true.

This is going to be fun, Soojung.