CHAPTER 5

Rose Garden

Notes: In Soojung's part, please try to understand her feelings. How broken her heart after she saw Amber kissing with Ellin. I mean...if you caught your girl/boyfriend kissing with someone else and then she/he explained that it was just an accident or mistake, will you believe it?? Not that easy, right? That's what happened with Soojung. She's hurted and lost. She had no siblings or family that she can rely on. So, she was so desperate and lonely. Well...sometimes a broken hearted can lead us to make a bad decision, right?? Happy reading :))

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

“Do you guys know each other???” Clare’s high voice brought me back to earth.

“Huh?” I looked at her face, can’t hear what’s her question was.

“I said..do you guys know each other?” She repeated it.

“Uhh yeeaa..” I answered.

“NO!” Soojung said at the same time.

I look at Soojung’s eyes when she shouted it. No?? What does it mean? Does she want to play games with me or what?? Did she get amnesia or something?

“No, we don’t. It’s our first time meeting, right??” Soojung stared straight on my eyes.

 I think I can catch her intention to play as ‘we don’t know each other in front of Clare’, I don’t know why but I decided to follow her lead.

“Yeahh…right. Hello, my name is Amber. Nice to meet you” I faked the introduction.

“My name is Soojung. Nice to meet you too” Soojung did the same thing.

“Isn’t she beautiful, Amber??” Clare suddenly said.

“Yes, she is….always” I look into her eyes deeply when I said that. She seems a bit flustered but try to keep it cool.

“I told you! You will surprise when you see her” Clare smiled to me.

“Believe me, Clare, I am. Even I got a sudden heart attack for seconds” I answered honestly.

“Soojung, Amber is my teacher. She is cool, right?” Clare asked Soojung innocently.

“Yes, Clare, she is. No wonder she can replace girls in her arms in a minutes” Soojung threw a fierce glare to me.

Oh…Oh..that’s not good. The room suddenly turn really cold. I mean this is our first meeting after a whole year not seeing each other. I don’t want any war happen now. But she already dropped the bomb. Now we all wait that bomb to blow.

“I know you guys gonna be good friends. Now I’ll leave you guys to chit chatting. I want to change my clothes” And she ran away leaving both of us stoned on our spot.

Now it’s just two of us, staring to each other. Can’t say anything because there are so much thoughts in our mind. We standing and keep silent, and I decide to break the silence.

“Soojung….” I called her name.

“Don’t. Please don’t call my name with that voice. Please don’t stare me with that eyes. Don’t do this to me, Amber” She closed her eyes and her ears with her hands.

“But I miss you, Soojungahh..” I said, hold my tears back.

“No, stop!” She shouted.

“Okay, maybe what I did in the past hurt you. But I swear, I didn’t mean it. I never meant to hurt you at all cost! You know that” I tried to convince her.

“You have no idea how long it takes to assembly a broken pieces of my heart you slammed. You have no idea how hard to build a wall around me so people can’t hurt me easily like the way you did. I took a worst decision I’ve ever made that maybe I’ll regret for the rest of my life, only to forget you. And I will not let you to ruin it again!!” She said that with teary eyes and stormed out, leaving me that still standing there.

After realize she just left, I quickly run to stop her. I don’t want to lose her again. I NEVER let her slipped out of my arms again.

“Soojung!!! Wait!!!!” I finally can reach her hand and pull it to stop her.

“Let go, Amber!” She yanked and turned her body to facing me.

We standing to each other outside the school building. Good thing is everybody already leaving, so they don’t need to watch this drama scene between us. Only left tied balloon in some corner of the schoolyard and scattered confetti all over the ground.

“What do you want from me, Am??” She asked softly.

“I want us to get back together” I answered surely.

“I can’t” She quickly answered.

“And I can change your mind” I said without any doubt.

“You can’t, Am. You know why?? Because I have one strong reason. And it’s better if you don’t know that” Soojung told me.

“What is it?? What’s the reason?” I asked her.

“I told you, it’s better if you don’t know that! Look…we broke up, Am. So please just move on with our own new life without looking back.” She still didn’t tell me the reason.

“Tell me!! What is the reason that make you so sure you can’t get back together with me??” I forced her to spill it.

“Fine! If you want to know it so badly, just wait here. You’ll know the reason” She finally said.

Eventhough I don’t understand what she was talking about, I’m doing what she said. We just standing there for a couple minutes before someone approach Soojung.

“Hey, baby. Are you waiting that long??” He said to Soojung.

Baby??? BABY????? NO!!! NO ING WAY!!!! Who the is this guy?? Soojung has a boyfriend???

“W…What???” I snorted disbelieve.

“Amber, this is my fiancée” Soojung said with cold face and cold tone.

Wha…WHATTTTT??? Fiancée??

“Nononono…whooaa wait. This is a joke, right?? Is this a prank or something??” I bitterly laugh.

“I don’t know…is this look like a joke for you??” Soojung said while put her hands to my face, showing the big diamond ring on her ring finger.

That ring definitely shut me up. That’s a typical engagement ring. With a real diamond. There is no way she bought that super expensive ring only to punked me. But I mean, Soojung is gay. I know she doesn’t look like one, but trust me, she’s thousand hundred times way gayer than me. But now she’s in a relationship with this guy?? I’m denying it to be true!!

“But, Soojung you are gay” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“I was” She corrected it.

What now?? She can change her uality as fast as she change her mood? This is ridiculous! I want to know what kind of guy he is! He staring Soojung all the times so I can’t see his face clearly because I only see a side of his face. I examine his face that still smiling like an idiot to Soojung.

Wait…I think I saw this face before…

I try to dig my memories to find the similar face I have seen. And when I got that, I can’t believe this happened.

What?? Is that him?? That bastard???

I clenched my palm tightly. My anger suddenly burst like crazy, remembering that this person in front of me was the same person that hurted Soojung long time ago. Then he finally turn his face to me, our eyes met and I can’t hold myself back to not punch him on the face.

“Amber, we meet again” He said lightly.

MINHO!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

“SON OF A !!!!” Amber shouted and jumped to Minho.

“AMBER!!!” I screamed when they both fell to the ground.

Amber is punching Minho again and again right on his face. But Minho doesn’t fight back. He just lying on the ground, taking all those punch Amber gave to him. I pull Amber’s body to stop her, but she’s too strong for me. The anger takes over her sanity.

“Amber stop!!!” I screaming loudly while keep pulling her body, but she still punching him.

“STUPID!!!!!” I shouted as loud as I can. And somehow it can stop her.

She breathing irregulary. Her knuckles are bleeding, maybe some of them broken. As well as Minho’s face, cover with blood. He barely breathing. I need to take them both to the hospital. I kneel down in front of them.

“Come on, we going to the hospital” I pull Amber’s hand slowly but she yanked it. She got off from Minho’s body and sit on the ground.

“Why him?” She whispering sadly.

“Am…I kno….” I answered but she cut it.

“WHHYYYYYY?????!!!!” She shouted loudly.

“We going to the hospital first, okay??” I avoid her question and try to persuade her to go to the hospital.

“No, you go. With him” She said shortly, staring blankly at the ground.

I pull Minho’s body to help him get up. I support him walking to his car. He is half awake but still manage to walk. I decide to let Amber alone first. She needs time to think. I put Minho to passenger seat and I drive the car to the hospital. I can’t lie to myself that my heart more concerned at Amber’s bleeding hands than Minho’s broken face. As soon as arrive at the hospital, Minho gets a treatment from the doctor in the emergency unit room.

I knew this gonna happen when they met. I can’t avoid that. And the fact she saved me when Minho was trying to me back then in highschool is make things worse. And I don’t blame her to reacting like this. I was reacting the same way as Amber when I met Minho in London couple months ago. I never met him again since he expelled from our school because that incident when he was locked me up in the storeroom to me. The last news I heard about him was his parents sent him out from Korea to study there. And I felt relieve knowing that I wouldn’t run into him on the street or wherever I go at least for a long time.

Then I met him in London couple months ago. He was my client in there. When I was discovered that, I was scared and angry at the same time. I submitted a resignation to my boss but he said I couldn’t do that since I signed the contract for this project. I need to pay the fine if I quit from this project, and the amount of the fines wasn’t small at all. I didn’t have enough money to pay that, so I didn’t have any choice but stick to the contract.

Since Minho was my client, we met almost everyday. He was building a huge luxurious hotel in London, and I was the main architect. I couldn’t avoid him although I felt disgust whenever I saw his face. I thought he was a same jerk that he used to be in highschool. But he grew and changed. I saw the huge difference. He’s nice and gentle. He treated me in the right way when I was broken hearted from Amber.

Then my anger towards him slowly gone. We became friends. Then one day he proposed me. And surprisingly I said yes. It’s not like I fell in love with him. I don’t have any feelings for him even until now or maybe forever. But you know…at that time I was so vulnerable and desperate. I was in pain but I didn’t know how to get rid of it. But then I realized, one of the best way to forget someone faster is having another relationship. That’s why I accepted his proposal. I knew I couldn’t forget Amber no matter how long it takes. I gave all of my heart for her and now there is nothing left. She took everything. And I made that stupid decision I might be regretted for the rest of my life, but I thought is better than forgetting her alone.

Also I need an anchor for myself. Because I know if I meet her again, I will throw myself into her arms easily. And I’m scared if that happen…I’m afraid she’ll hurt me again. Because if she does, maybe I won’t survive this time. I’m just all by myself in this world, I don’t have family…I had back then, but not anymore. All I have in my life was her. But she also gone. So now I gotta stand up on my own feet. I trust no one. I will never open my heart to anyone again.

….My heart is numb.

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

Fiancée?? Now she’s getting married…with that bastard???

I’m still sitting on the ground, processing what just happened. I can’t believe it. Is this a nightmare?? But my knuckle is too hurt to be inside a nightmare.

 “Amber???” I heard someone calling my name.

“Oh my gosh, Amber!!! Why are you here?? What happened to you??? What happened here?? Did something bad happen??” She running and kneel down in front of me. It’s Yuri.

“Amber say something!!!! Why did your hands covering with bloods?? Where is Clare???!!!” Yuri panicked.

She must be here to pick up Clare. I totally forgot I’m still at Clare’s school. I bet Yuri is very shock now looking at me here and this mess around the schoolyard from the event.

“Clare is fine, Yuri. Your daughter just finished her performance on this show that her school held. She invited me to watch her performance today. Now she still inside changing her clothes” I explained her.

“But…I don’t get it. Clare never mentioned about this to me. And please explain why did you look like this? Is this also a costume party or what?” She looked lost.

“I met a person that I don’t expect to meet until this world extinct. I can’t help it, Yuri.” I looked down.

“Mom…” Clare’s voice came behind us. She walking slowly approaching us.

“Oh baby are you okay???” Yuri pulled Clare to her embrace and kiss her a couple times.

“I’m sorry, Mom. I didn’t tell you about this show. I know you have big order for today and I don’t want you to cancel that because of me.” Clare apologized.

“What?? No…you always come first no matter what! Don’t be worry about the order, it’s our job, not yours. Please don’t hide anything again, promise??” Yuri said to Clare.

“Promise, Mom. Amber!!!!! What happened to you??? You’re bleeding!!!!” Clare turned her head to me and notice me sitting on the ground with blood covering my hands.

“Amber had an accident earlier. But she’s okay” Yuri lied to calm down her daughter.

“What?? You stupid why!!! Does it hurt????” She crying loudly while kneel down and touch gently my hands.

She does really like Soojung, even she called me stupid without any hesitation. The way she reacted was the same reaction like Soojung if she saw me got hurt.

“No, it doesn’t. Don’t worry” I smiled to her.

“Clare, sweetie, do you mind to wait here a little longer?? Mommy needs to take Amber to the doctor. Can you wait here??” Yuri said to her.

“No, Yuri. I can go home by myself” I refused her.

“Amber. I don’t want you involve to any other accident. Just let me take care of you. I’ll drive you to the doctor and send you home with your car. And please don’t argue me. I’m a mom!” She gave me intimidating look.

“What about Clare??” I try to change her mind.

“I’ll call my fiancée here to pick her up” She answered shortly.

“Clare, now please go inside with your teacher. Okay??” She then said to Clare.

“Yes, Mommy. Please take care of Amber” She said with teary eyes and she left.

Yuri drive my car and we heading to the clinic near here. She insisted to see the doctor to make sure if there is not any bone broken in my hands. I’m doing several examination such as X-ray. And she’s right, I have a little crack on my bones so the doctor give some brace on my hands inside the bandage. After that, she drives me home.

“So what is it?? Who is the person that makes your hands look like Legoman’s hand??” Yuri asked me, breaking the silence inside the car.

“Nothing” I simply answered.

“Terrible answer, but okay I take that. You can always talk to me whenever you’re ready.” She assured me.

“He’s my ex-girlfriend fiancée” I was hesitated at first but I decided to open up. Yuri seemed like someone I can trust.

“I bet you still love her so much until you beat him up like that” Yuri said.

“No…I mean yes I love her so much. But that’s not the reason I punched his face” I said.

“Then…why?” Yuri asked curiously.

“He was trying to my ex-girlfriend in highschool back then. If I wasn’t there to save her, she probably kill herself” I answered bitterly.

“What??? Did your ex-girlfriend notice that?? She must be crazy to accept his proposal” Yuri said disbelieve.

“I know! I’m sure she wouldn’t do something stupid like that! And I’m sure she doesn’t love him. And that bastard??? I even don’t have anything to say…Its just..There is something weird behind it” I said.

“Well then what are you waiting for??” Yuri look to my face.

“What?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Snatch her!” Yuri said surely.

“What???” I said again.

“You still love her, right?” Yuri asked.

“With all my heart” I said quickly.

“And you feel suspicious about their relationship?” She asked again.

“Pretty sure” I answered.

“Then snatch her!! Before she’s married and suffer because of that!” Yuri convinced me.

“…..” I can’t say anything.

She’s right! I don’t want to see Soojung fall down into her wrong decision. She won’t be happy if she’s ending with that bastard. I can feel that Minho is not really loves her. It’s just his ambition towards Soojung, not love.

“Yuri, I will make her fall in love with me again” I’m assuring myself.

“That’s the spirit!!!” Yuri patted my shoulder.

“Thanks, Yuri” I said to her.

“No worries. If you need any help, I’m ready to do anything” She winked playfully.

Soojung, you’ll fall for me again. And I will not let you go this time.

Never.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Do you think Amber will success to win over Soojung's heart??

 

And you know if Minho already planned this, right?? That's why he sent Ellin to tear the apart. He also the one who made Amber fired from her previous office >_<