Final

A meeting with death.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re early.”, Death whispered.

”I came looking for him.”, a reply like no other.

A gun, a giant forest and nothing but desperation was all it took him.
The touch of a finger, placed onto the trigger.
A sound that filled up the trees, that left the birds to flee.
Yet, not the typical white gown you would imagine him to wear.
Not the typical picture people have in mind when they think of heaven -Or hell.
It differed from everything people stand for.
A place as normal as your living room.
A silence so peaceful, it didn’t even suit him.

”You won’t be able to find what you have been looking for. I am not, nor will I ever be everything you’ve wished for and more. But I will offer you a chance.”

”As long as I can find back my purpose, I will go beyond anything you offer me.”, his words got followed by a deep bow.
A bow into the direction of nothing but death itself.

”Relive your life, and make the change you wish you could have made.”

 

By taking the offer he could change things.
Things he wished to change the moment he had met him.
But by doing so, he would have to make offers.
Offers that didn’t benefit no one but himself.

”As a test, I will offer you doors, doors that lead to chances.”, death wouldn’t play silly games.
Not even when it came to him, Park Chanyeol.
”Out of these five doors, the last one, leads to love. If you solely came here, to find what you are looking for, the answer is simple. The question is, how much are you willing to offer?”

A single finger pointed at a door.
Bright red, with a golden knob.
A door that would lead to love.
The only thing he came looking for by busting a cab into his brain.

He didn’t doubt a second to rest his palm onto the shiny metal, only to have it opened, blinded by the light of what he always wanted.

 

 



A cold breeze hung into the room.
A room that couldn’t fit quite a lot.
Yet, it was big enough to have two people inside.
The sight of two sleeping males, both around the same age, not older than twenty five.
Ones body covered with several marks, wounds, scars, as if he had been hurt in a previous life.
The other one, restless, staring at an empty ceiling.
Park Chanyeol wouldn’t get much sleep anytime soon.
Not even with his dream, lying next to him he could close an eye.
Death had offered him chances.
Five in total.
Blinded by the idea of love, he picked the last one, not thinking twice.
What did he offer in order to find what he came looking for in the first place?

Money would be one of them.
Seeing how they slept onto a wooden panel.
Blankets that were ripped at every side, the sound of cars passing by.
Not living on the street, but not too far from it either.

Not even the intertwining of both their fingers could make the idea vanish.
Someone who lived all his life with the idea of becoming rich, if not the richest on earth, gave up everything for love.
Everything he once aimed for vanished underneath the wings of his beloved one.
But did he really not have a care in the world as long as he was around?

 

A loud cough filled up the ear of the youngster.
A young male, covered in dirt.
He never chose for wealth, wealth would include the comfort that comes along with money.
There’s no warm place to live, no streaming water, only the love he once craved.
But while picking the door of love, he missed out on something else.
He never took wealth, but neither did he chose for health.

The dark red spots that filled the color of his veins fell onto his pillow like a feather coming from a crow.
Dark, filled with hate.
It had been a while since he became like this, Byun Baekhyun.
As for in this life, his injuries had been a mystery, but the pain and the sickness remained

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter