Farewell

New Beginning (A Sehun One-Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wrote your name in the sky but the wind blew it away

I wrote your name in the sand but the waves washed it away

  The way he was looking at me was piercing. I didn't want to look away; I didn't want to look at anything or anyone other than him, staring at me like he was never going to look away.

  I could hear my heart beating in my ear, it's steady, but only because I was holding onto his hand tightly. He leans in and I feel his cool breath on my cheek, the wetness startles me and I realise I'm crying. I slightly flinched when he unclasped his hand from mine to tug a strand of hair behind my ear. I felt my cheeks redden with embarrassment as I meekly admired his appearance. He had jet-black hair that I badly wanted to run my hands through, high cheekbones, and a sharp nose paired with a strong jaw and full, kissable lips. He was really tall and his body was built with lean muscles. But my favourite, though, was his eyes. They were rich brown and when the sun hit them, they would go ablaze as brilliant amber. 

  He has made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else, he has made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. I knew the second I met him that there was something about him I needed, it was like coming him, only to no home I'd ever known. Turns out it wasn't something about him at all. It was just him.

  "This ," I muttered, trying my hardest to push away the ache that was growing in my chest. 

  His mouth opened and then closed, an indecipherable look lingered in his eyes. 

  "I know," he whispered. I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped my cheeks hastily. 

  "I-" he starts again. 

  I hurriedly shook my head. "It's fine," I said with finality. "I heard everything." A nervous chuckle bubbles within me and escapes my lips as I feel my eyes filling up with tears again. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation with her though," I add.

  "I've never loved her the way I love you," he said, and suddenly, I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.

  He was staring at me again, I could feel it, but I fought the strong urge to stare back so I kept my gaze trained on the concrete I was standing on. I inhaled deeply, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to say next.

  "Well, I know you're going to dump me for her because she's your one true love. But can you please make this as quick and painless as possible?" I asked and cue my heart breaking into a million pieces. I willed myself not to cry again, surely I was tougher than that. I flashed him a smile that didn't quite reach my eyes. 

  I took the risk and looked up, his eyes were burning with such intensity that my knees turned as soft as jelly. 

  "I'm not the one who's breaking up with you, it's the other way around," he said, voice husky and dangerously low. Did I hit a nerve? I was in complete disbelief, the audacity of him to try and turn this on me. 

  My anger rose up and in mere seconds, I erupted.

  "I'm being an understanding girlfriend! I'm supporting you! I love you so much that I'm willing to unclip your wings that I've been stubbornly holding onto all this time and let you go because I want you to be happy! Do you know what this means? If you don't want to say it I will-" I paused, choking on air, weariness suddenly overcame me. "Look," I said. "I don't want to argue with you, okay? Let's just get this over and done with so that we can both go our own separate ways after this and-" 

  I felt my back hit against a brick wall and I grunted in pain.

  "Get this, we're not breaking up and we'll never be over," he growled out, eyes hard and steely. I pushed him off me and straightened my back, I must not be weak and defenseless in front of him.

  "So," I uttered tonelessly. "Are you ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter