Days and Nights

Cake by the Ocean

Super sorry for the late update... but I hope you guys enjoy!

 

Day 14

 

Looking at Kang Seulgi is like looking at a magician casting a spell.

 

You know that you’re about to witness something great, something you could only see once in a lifetime, something that’s gonna baffle you and completely blow your mind.

 

That is how Eunae felt on those seven days they were together, like she was witnessing magic for the first time. Like it was impossible for somebody like Seulgi to exist in this world, Breathtaking at the same time too sweet. But here she is, with her fingers lock in hers, her lips pressed against hers, making her feel like she’s waking up in a dream over and over again.

 

The first day they were apart the magic is still there. Their phone call pretty much lasted until Eunae could feel her phone about to burst into flames. Seulgi just narrating how math is just as terrible as she could remember it, and Eunae had to coo and baby her from the other line, offering to tutor her which got her girlfriend all giddy with excitement.

 

When she offered to tutor Seulgi in math, she didn’t know it that it would be head banging against the wall hard. It wasn’t like she’s a math genius or anything, but she took it last semester so it’s pretty fresh on her mind.

 

Sooyoung did warn her about this though. She said that Seulgi is a master of every talent known to man, but a complete when it comes to academics. Sooyoung even added that ignorance is definitely bliss in this case. Eunae would be better off not knowing, cause seeing Seulgi’s grades would turn off even her most hardcore obsessive fan. Eunae thought that Sooyoung was being dramatic.

 

But unfortunately, she isn’t.

 

Fast forward to almost a week later and here they are.

 

She and her girlfriend have been working on this math question for the last twenty minutes and Seulgi looked like she’s nowhere near the answer. How Seulgi ended up with – 1.4 rather than the answer which is 26 completely blew Eunae’s mind.

 

Eunae answered her girlfriend from across the screen with a shake of her head.

 

“What?” Seulgi’s brows quirked, before looking at her notebook scribbled with too much numbers and equations that is enough to make her pass out.

 

“Try to check on step-“

 

“No…no… don’t tell me. I’ll try to figure it out.”

 

Eunae instantly beams with pride as she sees the serious expression in her girlfriend’s face. What her girlfriend lacked on academic skills, she made up with her tenacity. Eunae swore she could watch her cutie with those circle rim glasses and bangs curled up in one of those jelly rolls while she has that adorable thinking face going on.

 

Eunae placed her cheek in her hand, sighing dreamily… She could watch her all day.

 

“Eunae?”

 

“Oh… ahhhh yeah?”

 

“You just came from work, are you tired? No, I’m sure you are. You don’t have to help me,” Seulgi says sheepishly.

 

If Seulgi only knows that their little study dates every night is one of the highlights of Eunae’s day. They only knew each for seven days but Eunae couldn’t even remember the days without Seulgi. It most probably revolved around volleyball, school and her friends. She is passionate about those things but it’s world of difference to find a somebody instead of a something. Eunae wasn’t one for changes, but having Seulgi coming to stir things up for her is something she was glad to have.

 

Even if it takes them an hour to work on one problem if it means seeing Seulgi then so be it.

 

“Nope. I’m good.”

“Are you sure?”

 

“Super sure.” Eunae nods too cutely that it had Seulgi giddy from her head to her toes.

 

So, her girlfriend can’t do math to save her life, probably just as bad about her other subjects too, but that’s the magic that Seulgi has. And right now, Eunae is under her spell, and she’ll work on all the math equations thrown in Seulgi’s way anytime, anywhere.

 

Day 15

 

KangFam Group Chat

 

Baby Seul: I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND NOW!

MAMA Bear: OMO WHAT?!

PAPA Bear: OUR BABY NOW HAS A BAE!!!

MAMA Bear: When will your brother ever?

Idiot Bro: Hahaha… my mom is a comedian.

Idiot Bro: But What? Someone wants to date you?!

Baby Seul: YES! AND SHE’S PERFECT!

Papa Bear: I’m happy for you princess, but remember your studies comes first. How can you feed your future kids with your bae if you don’t have a job?

Idiot Bro: She’s already failing every class, how much damage can this girl do?

Baby Seul: Oh God! CAN YOU JUST BE HAPPY FOR ME FOR ONCE?!

Mama Bear: Ignore your oppa, sweetheart, he’s just jealous that you have more game than him.

Idiot Bro: Wow mom, seriously? Pictures you dummy, or it didn’t happen.

Baby Seul: Stop calling me that!

 

Seulgi looks through her photo albums, wondering which one is best but it’s harder than she thought when you have a girl that looks like Eunae.

 

Why send 1 when you could send all?

 

PAPA BEAR: OH WOW!

Baby Seul: Isn’t my Eunae pretty?

MAMA Bear: OMO! SHE LOOKS LIKE A KPOP IDOL! YOU BETTER NOT LET THIS ONE GO!

Baby Seul: NEVER! We will get married after I graduate.

MAMA Bear: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww…..

PAPA Bear: Awwwwwwwww….

Idiot Bro: Pfffttt… you stole this from someone’s IG?

 

Seulgi uploaded a picture of a selfie of her snuggling closely to her Eunae and Eunae just looking back at her with those deep brown eyes. If that’s not proof then she doesn’t know what is.

 

That should be enough to shut her brother up.

 

Baby Seul: What did you say again?

Idiot Bro: FINE!

MAMA Bear: Does she have pretty friends? Maybe you could introduce them to your brother.

Idiot Bro: Mom, I swear.

MAMA Bear: Wonwoo, darling, I just don’t want you to die alone.

Baby Seul: Kekekekeke

 

Idiot Bro signed out

 

Day 15

12:34 am

 

“Are you excited?” Seulgi asked, trying her best not to fall asleep. She’s thankful that they’re talking on the phone instead of facetiming.

 

“For the training camp?” Eunae on the other line was just as sleepy too. It was a terrible idea to talk while she’s in the comfort of her bed, but there is no way she’s going to put down the phone first. “It’s every year, it’s tiring but at the same time, I enjoy it.”

 

“Are you sleepy already?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Mmmm no…” Eunae lied when she could barely keep her eyes open. “Are you?”

 

“No. Eunae- I…”

 

“Hmmmm?”

 

They were there that eight letter, three letter words just hanging on the tip of her tongue. But whatever it is, Seulgi couldn’t tell what’s holding her back. All she knows is that she had fallen so hard for the girl she met nine days ago, and she has no idea if words will ever be enough.

 

Day 17

 

“Did you bring food?”

 

Seulgi had barely toed off her Stan Smiths by the doorway, and this is how her roommate greets her.

 

“Food? I didn’t get a text. Hey, Saeron welcome back!” Seulgi sneaks over to Yeri to grab a fistful of popcorn, not even giving Yeri the time to protest.

 

“Hey, unnie!” Saeron greets Seulgi with a warm smile, opposite from her girlfriend who still has that disdain look on her face.

 

“How was your trip?” Seulgi asks while pouring herself a cup of almond milk.

 

“It was good, stressful, tiring but good.”

 

“Yeri misses you.”

 

“She misses me too,” Yeri points out, never wanting to look like the needy one. “Unnie has a girlfriend now.”

 

“Oooohhhh, unnie your fangirls are gonna go wild. Like in a bad way.” Saeron said warningly. She still shivers (while her girlfriend is smiling in delight) when the entire university was a witness to an all out twitter war between two of Seulgi’s most devoted fangirls.

 

Saeron don’t know how those two would react if they found out that Seulgi is dating. But they seem to be the least of her concerns, Seulgi is more focus on gulping down every drop of her milk than the wrath of her fans.

 

“In a very, very bad way. But you should see unnie’s girlfriend, Rong, in a scale of 1-10 her girlfriend is a 20.”

 

“Oh really?” Saeron crosses her arms, raising a very suspicious brow. “A 20? I thought I was a 20?”

 

Saeron looks like she’s ready to flip Yeri off the balcony but Yeri is never the type who gets frazzled even from her annoyed girlfriend.

 

“No, You’re a 21 and a half. 21 and a half. This is unnie’s girlfriend, Eunae…” Yeri places her hand on her chest to measure. “And this is you,” She places her hand a little higher. “Unnie, show Saeron what a level 20 girlfriend looks like.”

 

“Well ummm…” Seulgi scrolls through her phone and shows Saeron one of the pictures she saved from Eunae’s instagram. “Here is one, she plays volleyball and she is-“

 

“Oh wow,” Saeron quickly covered her chest with her arms as discreetly as she could, as she felt her insecurity bubbling over at the hot volleyball player in the picture. And yup, she agrees with her girlfriend on this one, she’s definitely a 20, maybe even a 22.

 

“If you think she’s gifted, then you should see her .”

 

“Yah Kim Yerim!” Seulgi squealed.

 

“What? I’m promoting your girlfriend!”

 

“Unnie,” Saeron gushed. “She’s so hot.”

 

“Thanks,” Seulgi blushed while looking at the picture of her girlfriend. Seulgi sees Eunae everyday when they facetime but that doesn’t change the fact that Seulgi misses her like crazy. “She’s prettier in real life.”

 

“y.” Yeri agrees.

 

“I should really get annoyed with you for this.” Saeron pouts. “But I agree with you, so you’re off the hook.”

 

Yeri smiles that Yeri charming smile before turning back to the popcorn stealer. “By the way, unnie you got a letter.”

 

“A letter?”

 

“I know, right? A letter. Who still sends letters?”

 

Seulgi’s heart starts hammering inside her chest when she sees the bright orange envelope on their kitchen counter. Today she had a math quiz that she barely survived on. She also had tons of meetings but this orange envelope from her amazing girl is just what she needs.

 

“Awwww… your girlfriend is too sweet. Why don’t you ever write me one?” Saeron whines at her unromantic girlfriend.

 

“A letter? But there’s no autocorrect on that one. Right unnie? Unnie?”

 

Seulgi barely heard a word from Yeri as she rushes to her room making sure she locks it behind her.

 

Her grin was ear to ear as she just gazes at the envelope in her hand, her girlfriend’s neat handwriting scribbled on the front.

 

Seulgi jumps on her bed, muffling her squeals on her pillow.

 

It was the first time that Seulgi got a letter. She receives an estimated of 25 text everyday not counting the ones from her groupchat. Seulgi also gets enough flowers to open her own flowershop. She appreciates the gestures but couldn’t help feel unworthy sometimes. She dances and sings and performs, but what else?

 

She raises her phone up to and takes a picture before sending it to her girlfriend.

 

Seulgi: Look… a letter from my secret admirer :P

 

It didn’t take more than a minute for her phone to start ringing.

 

“Hello?”

 

“KYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH Unnie?”

 

Seulgi had never heard her girlfriend screech that loud, other than that fateful day, “You had coffee today?”

 

“No,”

 

Seulgi smiles just imagining the cute expression on her girlfriend’s face.

 

“I’m just so embarrassed.”

 

“About what? I think it’s so sweet.”

 

Eunae could only let out a whimper which Seulgi thinks is just too cute.

 

“I’m gonna read it.”

 

“No, no, no, no, no…” Eunae says in a matter of high pitch squeals. “I mean yeah read it, and ummm… just call me when you’re finished.”

 

“But why? You could listen to it while I read it.”

 

“Noooo… I can’t. Just call me.”

 

“My Jagi is so sweet,” Seulgi teased in a singsongy voice that only made Eunae squeal once again.

 

“Wait? What did you call me?”

 

“Ummm Jagi, my Jagi.”

 

It was quiet on the other line, but Seulgi could already imagine the pretty smile on her girlfriend’s face.

 

“To the prettiest, sweetest and most adorable girl in the world,”

 

“Byeeeeeeee!!!!!”

 

“No, no… Eunae… Stay on the line, c’mon please…”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Hi, I hope you like-“

 

“Bye unnie,” Eunae says with a squeal that will have Seulgi smiling like a fool. It’s summer, but she’s dead tired from all the activities and of course from her math. But all those are just a thing of the past now; she’s happy, so happy that everything in her world feels irrelevant.

 

“No, c’mon Jagi… stay please?”

 

All that Seulgi could hear from the other line is a cute whimper.

 

“Nobody ever wrote me a letter before,”

 

“Wait… nobody?”

 

“Yeah, like I got texts and maybe in DM’s and comments and stuff but nothing really like this.”

 

“It’s ummm… you don’t find it cheesy?”

 

“I think it’s too cute.”

 

Seulgi could already imagine the expression on Eunae’s face as she answered in that squishy voice.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yup.”

 

How could someone far away just make her smile like this?

 

Seulgi doesn’t know, all that she knows is, she’s the luckiest girl alive.

 

Day 18

 

1:33 am

 

“So, wait? You mean… Taeyong and Baekhyun?”

 

“No…no…no…no… it’s Taeyeon… Taeyeon sunbaenim and Baekyhun who got caught dating.”

 

“Wow… But I thought Your Taeyeon sunbaenim was dating that American girl.” Eunae lays back down on her bed, trying to comprehend the twist and turns of Haneul university drama.

 

“We thought so too… but she is actually dating Soojung’s unnie. Wait, are you tired?”

 

“No… I’m okay.”

 

Eunae has been getting barely four hours of sleep a day compared to her usual eight hours. Their coach made sure that Eunae gets whipped up hard enough that she could barely stay awake after practice. Eunae thought so too, but the moment she starts talking to Seulgi around 8 pm on the dot, things surely change. Eight pm turns to nine, nine turns to ten… until next thing, she knows she’s doing it all over again.

 

Day 22

 

“Anyeong!” “ANYEONG!” Eunae’s voice raises a pitch higher. “Where’s my Ddeulgi?”

 

Eunae leans closer to the camera, quite close than what Seulgi’s heart could take. All she could see was Eunae’s pretty eyes blinking back at her but that was enough to make Seulgi’s heart go crazy. Seulgi makes sure to take a screenshot of it, and use it as blackmail material when Eunae isn’t so… caffeinated.

 

“There she is,” Eunae flutters her eyes, before shaking her head and yelling out again.

 

“ANNNYEONG!!!”

 

“Did you drink coffee again?”

 

“No,” Eunae pouts. “We went to Mcdonalds after practice. I got cola.”

 

“You know cola has caffeine, right?”

 

“Wait… cola has caffeine?”

 

Eunae said in complete and utter disbelief before bursting in a fit of giggles.

 

Never in her life did Seulgi felt so smart until now.

 

“Did my Ddeulgi eat already?”

 

“Well, no. I’m just waiting for Sooyoung to come back and then we’ll go to the dining hall together.”

 

“Oh no,” Eunae pouted cutely. “Your little tummy must be hungry.”

 

Seulgi who is a master of all things cheesy, even has to cringe at that one.

 

“I have some fries. Want some?”

 

“No. Eunae that’s all for you, okay?”

 

Eunae’s pout was getting deadlier by the second.

 

“Have some?”

 

“No, I’m good…”

 

Eunae pout once more but now for some reason she learns the art of whining cutely. Something that sane and calm Eunae will never ever dare to do. Seulgi should take advantage of this.

 

“No, I think I’m good.”

 

More cute whining on the other side, that got Seulgi smirking victoriously. (in the inside of course)

 

“I need my DDeulgi to eat.”

 

“Or what?”

 

“I’ll be sad.” Eunae pouts like that emoji.

 

“Okay, okay, maybe just one?”

 

Did they say Eunae was whipped, coz she was just a whipped too? Because who does this? Who takes a bite out of a French fry from across the screen?

 

“Unnie- are you?”

 

Seulgi slams down her laptop screen but it was too late, Sooyoung had already caught her and was now too busy judging her.

 

“Hold on- let me go throw up first before we go.”

 

“Yah! Sooyoung!” Seulgi calls in but Sooyoung had already slam the door behind her, and all Seulgi could do was groan, like the whipped girlfriend that she is.

 

Until she turns back to the screen and she could see those pretty eyes blinking back at her.

 

Okay fine, she’ll change her status to whipped girlfriend.

 

Day 23

 

“Are you sleepy, baby?”

 

That cute nickname was enough to wake up every sleeping bone in Eunae’s body.

 

“B-baby?”

 

“Oh ummm… sorry.” Seulgi sat up on her bed too, her embarrassment waking her up. “It just slipped.”

 

There was a pause in the line and Seulgi held her breath, only letting out a relieved sigh when Eunae spoke.

 

“Well, thank you.”

 

Thank you wasn’t the respond that Seulgi was anticipating. What does her thank you mean? Thank you, but no thank you? Or thanks, I love it and I want to call you baby too?

 

“T-thank you?”

 

Seulgi prayed to the Lords that it’s the latter.

 

“Oh ummm… I’m sorry… it’s just that nobody ever called me that. It feels different hearing it.”

 

“Good different?” Seulgi asked in trepidation.

 

“Amazing different.”

 

A sense of relief washes over Seulgi, and it’s a shame that nobody caught her smile, because Seulgi and her smile is just out of this world beautiful.

 

“I’ll keep calling you baby then.”

 

Day 25

 

Eunae never thought that there would be a day that she will curse out volleyball, but this must be the day.

 

She was practically crawling back to her bunk, waving off Euijin’s offer to go out (how she and Nahyun still has some energy left, she doesn’t know). But all the soreness and aches went away in a magical poof as she saw the message from her special someone.

 

She clicked it but that smile quickly disappeared when she saw the image that loaded.

 

Kang Seulgi

College Algebra grade- 2.0

 

She didn’t even have time to think about what to say to comfort her girlfriend when her phone started ringing.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Have you seen the picture I sent you?”

 

Seulgi doesn’t seem distraught at all and if Eunae is hearing it right, Seulgi actually sounds… happy.

 

“Yeah. I’m so sor-“

 

“I’m so happy!” Seulgi didn’t mean to cut in, but her excitement was too much.

 

Wait? What?

 

“What?”

 

“I pass!”

 

She barely passed. A 2.0 is like hanging on a fingernail on the edge of a cliff, one sneeze or hiccup and she’ll be tumbling down the raging waters of college algebra. But her girlfriend’s happy squeals were too adorable and Eunae don’t ever want to ruin that.

 

“This is the highest that I got on my math grade!”

 

Oh God! Her poor girlfriend…

 

“I’m so, so, so happy when I saw it. I send it to you as soon as I got it.”

 

“I’m proud of you.”

 

“I wouldn’t get this grade if I didn’t have an amazing tutor.”

 

Eunae smiled. She’s terrible tutor if her student just barely scratched the surface.

 

“Well, we are going to work extra hard to get that at least to a-“

 

“A 4?!”

 

Eunae is a tutor, not a miracle worker.

 

“At least 2.5.”

 

“Sounds good enough for me!”

 

*

 

 

Day 26

 

“I just want to dieeeeeeee…”

 

If Eunae could magically teleport herself to be by her girlfriend’s side, she would have done it in an instant. But unfortunately, there’s still no app for that and right now all she could do is watch her girlfriend helplessly. She couldn’t even see Seulgi’s face as her head is smacked face down on her desk.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“It was sooooo hard.” Seulgi continued to moan. “I think I’m going to repeat math again and I don’t want to…” Seulgi whined like a petulant child and Eunae had to look away, trying to hide her amused smile. “I’m so tired of math. Why did Jesus invented math?!”

 

If Eunae could remember correctly it was the Egyptians who started all this.

 

“Don’t worry, you still have your finals, right? We will practice on it.”

 

“But you work so hard at your training camp. The last thing you probably need is to tutor your dummy girlfriend.”

 

“You’re not a dummy.”

 

A cute, clueless teddy bear but not a dummy.

 

“But why can’t I get this? I already took like a million of times but still…”

 

“Well, everyone has a weakness and yours is math.”

 

“What’s yours?”

 

You.

 

Eunae almost blurted out but managed to catch herself.

 

“Ummm… caffeine.”

 

Eunae was blushing hard at the thought. Seulgi’s pout turned into those adorable smile and Eunae could feel her heart jumping out of her chest again.

 

Yup. Seulgi beats Caffeine any day.

 

*

 

Day 27

 

To: My Eunae-yah

I love you so much.

 

I love you.

 

I really like you a lot.

 

I like you.

 

Seulgi throws her head back in defeat, groaning to the heavens about this.

 

“What’s wrong?” Her bestfriend asked, even from the kitchen she could sense Seulgi’s problems.

 

“I ummm… I think I’m in love with Eunae.”

 

“Awwwwww… that’s so sweet.”

 

Seulgi flipped her position on the couch, turning to her bestfriend whipping out some delectable desserts that’s already smelling like heaven on the kitchen counter.

 

“But I don’t know how to let her know, I want to text her but it seems so casual, I tried telling her on the phone but I lose my courage… I guess maybe when I see her next week. How did you say it to unnie?”

 

“I just said it, I said I love you… I mean… I actually had this long speech written how she’s my world and her beauty puts all the stars to shame, but you know… at the end of it all, all I really wanted to say was those words. So, I said it, I love you. But again, that’s my story. You and Eunae had a more different story.”

 

“I guess…”

 

“You two were attracted to each other from the second you guys met.”

 

“Should I wait?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

Seulgi in a huge breath, unsure of what to say. She wanted to say it, but she wanted it in a way that Eunae would gushed about with her friends, something they could tell their families about.

 

Not something through a text.

 

So maybe… maybe it’s smarter to wait.

 

Day 29

 

They promised or more of Seulgi promised she’s ready to do their tutor date at around 9 pm.

 

Well add learning how to read time to the things her girlfriend can’t do.

 

Because it’s closer to 12 am and Seulgi still isn’t back from her supposed to be I-just-want-to-greet-Wheein- Happy-Birthday-I-won’t-be-long party.

 

And it’s not Eunae to be pissed off easily, but nowadays her volleyball training is running her to the ground hard. But what’s worse is, she messed up her knee once again.

It’s a recurring injury that she seems to never shake off.

 

And if she’s going to be honest to herself, it scares Eunae more than anything. Eunae might have a gorgeous body that everyone is craving for, but her body has been banged up and messed up harder than most. She knows one wrong move and she’s done for. She already has it in her mind that she’ll never play volleyball professionally, that’s more for Nahyun or Euijin or their rising star, Yoonsun, but she wanted to part with volleyball in her own terms, not like this, when she feels like she still has so much to offer and they still haven’t won a championship.

 

Right now, taking volleyball away is like ripping out her soul.

 

She have been looking forward to seeing Seulgi that day, but Seulgi has been telling her since last week about a birthday party and as much as Eunae wants to just talk all night to Seulgi, she didn’t want to hold Seulgi hostage against her own will.

 

But as seconds tick by, her impatience turns into aggravation and its something so rare, but here she is drowning in it.

 

She could have been asleep like three hours ago.

 

She pulled out her phone and shot her girlfriend a quick text.

 

To My Seulgi: I’m going to bed now, unnie. Good night.

 

She was ready to climb in her bed when her phone started ringing.

 

“Hello unnie?”

 

“Hey Eunae!”

 

Eunae could barely hear what Seulgi said through the blasting music and loud talking.

 

“Wait… I’m about to go home. Can you please wait, Eunae… maybe just 15 minutes, please?”

 

Eunae was dead tired but she can never say no to Seulgi.

 

“Okay, 15 more minutes?”

 

“Yes. I’ll be on the way to the dorm now.”

 

*

 

That 15 minutes turned into an hour.

 

But Eunae waited… of course she waited because it’s Seulgi.

 

“Hi!” Seulgi greeted her girlfriend with a beaming grin before plopping herself in front of her laptop. Eunae tried to ignore the fact that Seulgi look absolutely beautiful, with her hair cascading down in waves that black outfit while here she is, looking like she’s been run over by a train while being mauled by a pack of wild dogs. Eunae can’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy at anyone who gets to see Seulgi in person.

 

“Sorry, I’m late. The party just ended now.”

 

“You had fun?” Eunae answered in a deadpan expression.

 

“Oh yeah!”

 

It took Seulgi a few minutes of rambling before she realized that her girlfriend’s face was botox stiff.

 

“Eunae?”

 

“I thought you have a test tomorrow?”

 

“I do.”

 

Eunae didn’t say a single word after that, but judging from her stern expression it was pretty obvious even to someone as oblivious as Seulgi that she’s hella pissed. So, to piss her even more, Seulgi said,

 

“Are you- are you ummm… mad?”

 

“No.”

 

Judging from Eunae’s tone, it sounded like a yes.

 

“Did anybody ever told you how cute you look when you’re mad?”

 

Eunae almost smack her forehead on her desk at the unbelievable comeback that her girlfriend has.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes!” Seulgi answers with a squeal thinking that her sweetheart is finally okay. But then she sees Eunae’s entire expression change. And did she say Eunae looks cute when she’s mad? Well, change that… she looks ing terrifying.

 

“Are you….ummm mad at me?” Seulgi squeaks, her words barely audible through her fear.

 

“No.”

 

“Then, why are you being so quiet?” Seulgi continue to poke Eunae. “Like quieter than usual?”

 

“Because…”

 

“Because what?”

 

Eunae in a deep sigh, Seulgi was close to saying how cute Eunae look when takes a breath but was wise enough to stop herself.

 

“I thought you want to pass math?”

 

“I do! I do want to pass math!” Seulgi scowled just at the thought of her most hated thing in the world.

 

“Then, why would you go out the night before your finals?”

 

“Because it’s… it’s Wheein’s birthday! And her birthday only comes once a year!”

 

Eunae wanted to reason out that if Seulgi has this kind of mentality, she’ll end up taking math every year.

 

“Okay fine…”

 

Wait… did she said okay? Eunae said okay. Seulgi have never been in a relationship but she knows very well that the word okay means it’s not okay. She learned it from Wendy and Joohyun, and every couple. The word okay is a very dangerous word enough to strike fear at the hearts of the bravest people she knows.

 

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry, okay?” Seulgi begs. “I promise I’m going to pass this test.”

 

“I want you to pass this test for you, not for me. I promise you I’m gonna help you, but if you do things like this…”

 

“Fine… fine… I’m gonna study now, okay?”

 

She’s not okay and Eunae must have realized that because her stern expression had softened.

 

“Okay… I’ll let you study.”

 

“Wait-“ Seulgi’s frown turned to oh--she’s-pissed-off-for-real and Seulgi had never felt so terrified in her life. “You’re-you’re not gonna help me study?”

 

“We were supposed to study together earlier. It’s late now unnie and I have training at 6 am.”

 

“Oh… oh yeah. It’s okay, I’ll ummm study… ummm good night?”

 

“Night.”

 

Before Seulgi could say a thing, Eunae had already log off.

 

Seulgi was about to press the call button, but held herself back when her mind started flashing the words “BAD IDEA! in neon lights. Maybe she should wait for five minutes.

 

1,2,3,4,5,6…

 

Ahhhh it!

 

Seulgi pressed the call button, heart thumping out of her chest but the heart stopped when the ringing stopped.

 

Did Eunae just ended the call?

 

To My Eunae: I’m so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so very very very very very very sorry. I promise I’ll study hard and I’ll get an A. I’m sorry again. Don’t be mad anymore. Please don’t be mad. I promise I’ll pass the test tomorrow. Good night, My Eunae-yah. Sweet dreams.

 

Seulgi puts her phone down before picking up her book, she opened to whatever hell page she needed to be but all she could feel is her heart aching. She slumps her head down on her desk before uttering a loud whine.

 

*

 

“You should just text her unnie.”

 

She should really be studying right now.

 

She should and she will but how could she focus when her heart and brain is too stressed out about this? Right now she needed her friends or more like sit between Yerim and Saeron’s movie date to whine about her love life, to her surprise, Yerim hadn’t kicked her out yet and actually is quite sympathetic about her whole ordeal.

 

“B-but… she’s… she’s mad at me. I don’t want to-”

 

“Unnie,” Yeri cups her unnie’s slacking shoulders, before giving it a good shake. “The point of having a girlfriend is having someone you could bother anytime you want.”

 

“I agree.” Saeron nods while munching on some popcorn.

 

“See?” Yeri agrees back while stealing some of Saeron’s popcorn.

 

“B-but… I really don’t want to annoy her worse than she’s annoyed now.”

 

“That’s part of the territory of being girlfriends. If we’re girlfriends, you have the right to annoy them anytime you want.”

 

“Yup. Yeri annoys me all the time.”

 

“And Saeron annoys me too, but that’s love right there. It’s love right, unnie?”

 

Seulgi slumps back down on the couch when the realization hit her harder than she thought. She and Eunae have been together for almost 30 days and talk on the phone of an average of two hours a day, and text at every millisecond that they could.

 

They talk about their love for food, their love for dramas, their love for being lazy, but their love for each other… hmmm…

 

And the thing is, Seulgi has been confessed too a lot. While she’s on stage performing, she could hear screams of I love you, Seulgi!!! She was a romantic at heart and is prone for being taken away by romantic gestures cut out from chick lit books and rom coms. But as Instagram worthy those proposals were, something always hold Seulgi back.

 

It wasn’t until she met Eunae that she finally let go.

 

Her girlfriend had never said those three words to her. But what’s so surprising about all of it is, Seulgi didn’t feel the need to hear it. Never in their budding 30 day relationship that Seulgi ever felt unloved or set aside by Eunae. Even now when Eunae seems like she’s PMSing, somehow Seulgi still feels that Eunae loves her (Maybe a little less because she annoyed her) .

 

Seulgi: Eunae-yah?

Seulgi: Eunae…

Seulgi: Eunae… are you still mad?

Seulgi: you are, aren’t you?

Seulgi: I’m sorry… I’m studying now.

 

Seulgi’s heart almost cracked her ribs when she heard a ding from her phone.

 

Eunae: Okay good night.

 

Seulgi jumps out of the couch and starts calling again, only to have her phone call rejected.

 

*

 

Somewhere three hours away, Eunae groans lifelessly as she pressed her phone under her pillow. The irritation she had with her girlfriend simmered down into guilt, the thought of her baby pouting and teary.

 

She should really call back Seulgi, tell her that it’s okay and they could work out some math problems before she sleeps. But she doesn’t know if that was such a smart idea, she doesn’t know what will happen when she talks to Seulgi again. What if the jealousy rears its ugly head again? What if she ends up shutting Seulgi out?

 

Maybe it was better to just let everything cool down and figure things out tomorrow.

 

Or maybe she could do something else…

 

*

 

Day 30

9:13 am

 

It started with her lips quivering…

 

Then, her eyes getting a little misty…

 

But Seulgi is an adult for God’s sake, she needs to it up. So that’s what she does as she stares at her math test, in some deep breaths and just try to survive her algebra finals.

 

Find the value of x.

 

She’s going to be Eunae’s ex if she doesn’t do anything about this.

 

And yup… that’s all the trigger she needs to just suddenly burst out in tears right there in the middle of her test.

 

“M…ms. Kang?”

 

The sobs only got louder, freaking out the already freaked out TA.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Is the worse question you can asked someone who is crying like somebody had died.

 

“N-no…” Seulgi said with a shake of her head. “My girlfriend is mad at me.”

 

The TA straightened his back, before saying. “Oh. M-maybe she won’t?”

 

“R-really?” Seulgi looks back up to the TA with that look that will make puppies go awwww, their TA looked like he got arrows straight to the heart. “B-but I never saw her this mad, I didn’t even know she’s capable of being mad. My baby is such a sweet girl and I made her…”

 

Oh no… here comes the waterworks again.

 

“And I made her angry…”

 

“N-n-n-n-n-n-no… M-ms. Kang,” The TA started looking around as he sweat buckets watching Seulgi sob like one of those female leads in dramas. “H-h-here… I don’t have a tissue but you can have my shirt.”

 

Seulgi sniffles loudly before looking at him.

 

“I-its okay.”

 

“Why don’t you give her a call?”

 

“I-I’ll try after the test.”

 

“N-n-n-no, do it now?”

 

“Now? But what about the test?”

 

The TA places his hand on Seulgi’s shoulders, looking at her with intense support.

 

“What about your heart?”

 

“Y-you’re right.” Seulgi quickly gathered up her things, her phone in one hand ready to call her baby. “B-but wait… when am I going to take my test?”

 

Seulgi wondered because as romantic as it is to just run off into the sunshine to chase after the girl she loves, she knows the nightmare of another semester of college algebra is something she’s not willing to go through again.

 

And her Math TA, probably wins the ultimate Seulnae shipper in the world as he just nods approvingly to her before saying.

 

“Don’t worry girl, I got you. Fighting!”

 

“Oh.” Seulgi says. “Fighting!”

 

*

 

But before she could burst into a sprint to the nearest train station, the sight of the girl she’s been dreaming for 30 days is standing (more of she stood up at the sight of her) right in front of her with two cups of something hot.

 

Seulgi often hears fans of idols and artists how their bias looks even more better in person, she was always meh to that line, until now.

 

When her heart just cracked her ribs with how hard it’s beating at how beautiful Eunae is up close. To think they see each other everyday through the screen and send each other playful selfies or those heart stopping pictures throughout the day, but those don’t do Eunae justice.

 

Seeing Eunae again after 30 days just brought Seulgi back to that moment she caught sight of the beautiful lifeguard on the beach. The girl who was unattainable, the one who she thought she could only admire from afar, was now right here… waiting for her.

 

“Eunae?”

 

Her beautiful girlfriend blushed while casting a glance at her Chuck’s.

 

“Hi Unnie…”

 

“Hi…”

 

“Hi…”

 

“Hi…” Seulgi steps closer, reaching out to grab Eunae’s hand when… “Wait… what happened to your knee?”

 

“Oh this.” Eunae shrugs in nonchalance, “I just tweaked it, no big deal.”

 

“No! It’s a big deal.” Seulgi frowned at the thought of her darling getting hurt. And it was more obvious when Eunae walked over to her, with a bit of slight limp that she tried to mask. “When did this happen?”

 

“Oh, yesterday during training.”

 

“Why didn’t you- Oh.” Seulgi felt a tear bout to drop again at the thought of their first fight.

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay…” Eunae just shakes her head, before cupping her girlfriend’s sulky cheeks in her hand. “Wait… have you been crying?” Eunae asked while wiping away Seulgi’s tear stained cheeks.

 

“N-no…” Seulgi tried to hold it in, but a lone tear betrayed her. “Y-yes?”

 

“Unnie….” Eunae whimpered in guilt. “I’m so sorry.”

 

“I thought… I thought you’re gonna break up with me.”

 

“No, of course not. I’m sorry.” Eunae stole a kiss on Seulgi’s hair. “I should have help you for your test. I left this morning and asked Sooyoung-shii where your room is.”

 

“Oh, you should have told me! I would have picked you up.”

 

“No. it’s okay. I wanted to surprise you after your test. Wait… Aren’t you supposed to be taking your test? Were you rushing?” Eunae sounded like a wife sternly reprimanding their lazy husband.

 

“N-no… I was… ummm… you know…” this time it was Seulgi who was stammering for an answer.

 

“Wait…” Eunae steps back, her face filled with worry “Do you need to go the restroom?”

 

“N-no… I was. Youknow…bouttochaseyou.”

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.. I’m gonna… go back to my test now.”

 

Eunae smiles squishily before nodding, “Okay good luck, unnie. Wait… here… drink some hot chocolate.”

 

Her sweet girlfriend brought the hot chocolate to Seulgi’s lips and Seulgi swore on her life that this was the best hot chocolate ever.

 

“Okay, doIgetagoodluckkiss?”

 

“After your test.” Eunae playfully tap Seulgi’s nose.

 

“Oh.”

 

“I’m gonna wait here, okay?”

 

The initial disappointment from not getting a kiss turned into a huge smile.

 

“I’ll be quick.”

 

“N-n-n-no unnie, take your time. Think of every step,” Eunae stepped closer before whispering in a deep voice that had Seulgi shivering so hard, she can barely stay steady. “You got this, baby.”

 

“Y-yeah I do.”

 

“I’ll wait right here, okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

 

*

 

“Hi…”

 

“Hi…”

 

Seulgi steps closer and was ready to just collapse in Eunae’s arms, at how mentally exhausting that test is. But before she could do that, she heard someone calling her name.

 

“Seulgi unnie,”

 

Even Eunae spun her head around at the sickeningly sweet voice calling her girlfriend’s name. She was stunned to see this Doll with those bright eyes and that beauty that radiates skipping over to them.

 

“Oh, ummm… YooA, hi.”

 

Seulgi gulps nervously as Eunae has that questioning look in her eyes on who this girl is. They are in a couple of dance performances together, Seulgi sees it as unnie-dongsaeng but YooA always has other goals in mind.

 

And Seulgi has no idea how to explain herself without getting herself in trouble. As innocent as their relationship is, Seulgi still think she’ll get herself in trouble if she says a word.

 

“How was your test, unnie?”

 

“It was alright… YooA, this is my-“

 

“Seulgi unnie!”

 

Eunae’s jaw hit the ground once again as another beauty just steamrolls between her and her girlfriend. This YooA girl obviously has the same reaction as her as she let out a groan.

 

“It’s this hoe again,” YooA whispers underneath her breath as a fellow hoe joins them.

 

“I got you this Pringles unnie, as a congratulations.”

 

“Oh… for what, Eunwoo-shii?”

 

“For finally passing your math of course! I’m pretty sure you got a 4.0 on it, knowing how smart you are.”

 

Eunae is dating Seulgi but even she won’t make up a lie that huge. She wouldn’t be surprise if the Lord smite this Eunwoo girl for this blatant lie.

 

“I have Eunae to thank for that, by the way, I want to introduce you guys too…”

 

“Hey Baby Boo!”

 

“Baby what?”

 

“E-Eunae… is not what you think-”

 

Eunae looks at the girl coming from the right and even she had to gulp nervously at the Goddess sashaying her way towards her and her girlfriend.

 

The two girls got let out a groan as the new fangirl just shove the two out of the way.

 

“H-hello Gyuri sunbaenim,” The younger fangirls could only fake it as they bow down.

 

“Seulgi boo, how about you let unnie take you out for dinner just to take your mind off your test?”

 

“Seulgi boo?” Eunae looks at Seulgi, as if demanding an explanation.

 

“Ah! Ah! Ah!” Seulgi waves her hands in defense, hoping she and Eunae could disappear from here. “That’s just how unnie is,”

 

“A hoe…” YooA said underneath her breath, and for once Eunae couldn’t help but agree.

 

But before this became another one of those all out wars, Seulgi is ready to declare the only winner.

 

“Hey guys, ummm… yeah… this is my girlfr-“

 

“Wait… you’re not gonna say girlfriend, are you?”

 

“Yeah… I’m gonna say girlfriend.”

 

Eunae saw her life flashing in front of her eyes after she saw the way these three looked at her. The three enemies looked like they are ready to team up to annihilate her.

 

“So, ummm… thank you guys for the offer but I have a date with my girlfriend.”

 

Before the three girls could protest, Seulgi already took Eunae’s hand ready to drag her away from the pits of fangirl hell.

 

*

 

“So, this is my place…” Seulgi said while leading Eunae inside her dorm. Eunae’s eyes could only glow in fascination. Haneul surely ups it up a notch in everything, even their dorms. This place looks like something out of a designer magazine, modern and spacious. Eunae doesn’t even know if she should even invite Seulgi to her place after seeing this.

 

“I share it with Sooyoung and Yeri, Seungwan and unnie have their own place upstairs.”

 

“Oh wow…”

 

“Someday we will have our own place too.”

 

Seulgi said it in such a nonchalant manner that it left Eunae struggling to piece out her thoughts. She felt like she’s been delusional lately, thinking of her future way beyond expected, that as soon as she’s done with college she’ll move into to Seoul with Seulgi. So, just to hear that from Seulgi, she couldn’t help but feel like maybe this delusions could become a reality too.

 

“Wait there!” Seulgi warns Eunae before she gets into her room. Base on the racket going on in the other side of the door, Eunae could assume that Seulgi has to do some impromptu cleaning up.

 

“There you go, come in…”

 

Eunae smiles as she finally gets to step in at the room she used to only see through her laptop monitor. Seulgi had done a good job trying to shove her stuff out of the way, but Eunae couldn’t deny that she loves the messiness that is Kang Seulgi.

 

They have been planning what they’re going to do the first time they saw each other since they started dating. Hamburger feasts, art galleries, some escape room maybe… but when Seulgi saw the way Eunae was struggling to take a few steps, she shoved all those ideas in the back and opt to just stay back in her place for the night.

 

Meanwhile her phone…

 

Byulyi Unnie

Look at you, Kang Seulgi! Is that her? The girl you have been talking nonstop for a month? You better introduce her to us!

 

Amber

Hey dude, who’s that hottie with you? You have her number?

 

YooA

Unnieee…

 

Eunwoo

Unnieee…

 

Yeriiiii

Click this link for a great night with Eunae…

 

And innocent fool Seulgi didn’t know what she was asking for when she press the link,

 

“OMO!” Goes Seulgi and Omo goes her phone as it falls to the ground.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“No! Eunae I’ll pick it-” But it must be the athletic side of Eunae cause she picked it up and Seulgi watched Eunae’s entire face grow bright red as she sees two ladies, one sprawled on her fours and the dark haired one just taking her from behind.

 

“Ummmm…” Eunae hands her the phone without looking at Seulgi.

 

“I-I-I-I’m not planning all those. I could- ummm… I mean I could sleep on the couch outside.”

 

“No unnie, this is your place, I wouldn’t do that. I could sleep on the floor.”

 

“No way! I mean my bed is comfy… I’ll ummm change the sheets.”

 

“No, it’s okay unnie.” Eunae sits down on Seulgi’s sky blue colored sheets before smiling back at her girlfriend, “Sorry I just pop in like this.”

 

“No… don’t say sorry. Wait there! Don’t go away,” Seulgi warns once again before rushing out her room.

 

Eunae smiled back before flopping exhaustively in Seulgi’s bed. Her lips instantly curling as she could smell Seulgi’s scent on her pillows.

 

“Eunae, I’m back…”

 

She was about to sit up on the bed, when the bed dipped from Seulgi’s weight.

 

“Don’t get up, I got you.” Seulgi flashes that playful yet loving smirk before putting on the icepack on Eunae’s knee. “Does this help make you feel better?”

 

“Yup.” Eunae smiles back before she runs her fingers along Seulgi’s arm, relishing the feel of Seulgi’s skin against her fingertips before she have to leave again. “How was the test?”

 

“I think I did good. I’m just so tired of it.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“You still owe me a kiss, though.”

 

“Oh… oh yeah.”

 

Eunae smiles cheekily before tugging Seulgi closer to her.

 

“I can’t believe you’re here, Eunae.”

 

“I can’t believe it either.”

 

Seulgi’s hand landed on her knee, before she started massaging it in circles.

 

“Does that help?”

 

“Unnie,” Eunae reassures her with a cute nuzzle on the nose. “I told you… it’s okay.”

 

“I know, but still.” Seulgi looks back worriedly at her knee. “I don’t like seeing you hurt.”

 

“I’m not.” Eunae smiled once again, refusing to be weak in front of anyone, especially in front of Seulgi. “I’m glad it happened now rather than during a tournament.” Eunae exhaled sharply. “I just…”

 

“You’re more than just a volleyball player.”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I… I know it’s like a huge part of you, like you know how dancing is a huge part of me too, but in the end, even if you turn out to be just a scrabble player I think I would still feel this same. I would still be ummm… falling for you.”

 

“Thank you.” Eunae pressed her forehead against Seulgi’s and somehow felt all her fears just crumbling into pieces.

 

She pressed a kiss on Seulgi’s forehead and Seulgi giggled as if anticipating what’s next.

 

“That’s one…”

 

“Let me get you two,” Eunae said before kissing Seulgi on the cheek with a loud smooch.

 

“And for three?”

 

“And for three…”

 

It was meant to be an innocent kiss, it supposed to be one. She was planning just a few playful pecks on the lips, not this, not diving in until breathing stops. But this is what being apart from the one you crave the most does to you, you became an entirely different person.

 

“I miss you so much, Eunae.” Seulgi whispers breathlessly before trying to dive back in.

 

“I miss you too, unnie.”

 

They exchanged sweet smiles before going back to their kisses once again.

 

They have some catching up to do, they do. Some how’s everyone? To how’s practice these days? To just about each other? But talking just have to wait, not that either of them are complaining.

 

They exchange a few more I miss you and I miss you too between their breathless kisses.

 

And just like that, Eunae realized that even until now, she is still under Seulgi’s spell. Because someone like Seulgi couldn’t be real. Eunae felt like she must have saved an entire nation to have someone like Seulgi. But yet here she is, kissing her until breathing demands itself again.

 

Eunae had never imagined herself to need someone this much. But this must be the effect of Seulgi’s spells when even though you felt like you’re drowning, you still choose to fall in deeper.

 

TBC

 

I'm scraping the idea of a second season for this, but instead want to finish this off and their future lives in one whole chapter. Please anticipate for it hehe. Again sorry for taking this long to update. Hope you guys enjoy it.