Day 4

Cake by the Ocean

 

 

Call it Love, SLCHLD x Rheehab

 

A/N just in case you listen to music while reading... hehe. Enjoy!

 

*

“Seul!!!”

 

It was one of those times where Seulgi is too caught up in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice Wendy’s frantic expression as she bolted inside her hotel room. Wendy had never seen her girlfriend move that fasts in their three years together until now when she’s trying to look decent underneath the blanket.

 

“What’s up, buddy?” Wendy said, smiling nervously as Seulgi plopped on their bed, holding her phone like it’s her firstborn child.

 

“I got Eunae’s number.”

 

“Oh really? Hey! That’s awesome,” Wendy looked genuinely excited and proud of how far her bestfriend came.

 

“Can you help me text her please?” Seulgi pleaded with those darn helpless puppy eyes. “It’s just that I want to sound smart and funny.”

 

“But that’s not you though.” Wendy realized how wrong that sounds and quickly waved her hands in defense. “I meant… if I text her, it’s not going to be you. You want it to come from you.”

 

“I’m gonna let you two bond while I go shower,” Joohyun said. Seulgi was too focus on her phone to even notice that Joohyun took the entire blanket with her to the restroom.

 

“Okay, be there in a bit,” Wendy said absentmindedly until it struck her again. “I meant I’ll be there… I meant I’ll go after you.”

 

Wendy turned to her bestfriend and sighed in relief as Seulgi is still caught up on her phone to notice. Her girlfriend just flashed a naughty smile, might as well say come hither at her before closing the door behind her. Jesus Christ. Her girlfriend will be the death of her.

 

“So, where were we?” Wendy asked when her thoughts aren’t so hazy anymore.

 

“Wait…is that the style? Seulgi leaned in closer for a closer inspection. “Or is your shirt backward?” Seulgi asked.

 

“What? Oh, shi- Oh Go- Thanks! Wow. Haha!” Wendy forced a smile, that looked like someone who just had a root canal.

 

“I just don’t think I’m like cool enough for her.”

 

“Seul, you already drowned and got hit by a ball in front of her, but she’s still here. I think she knows what she’s getting into.”

 

Seulgi heaved out a desperate moan as she collapsed on the bed with a defeated sigh. Wendy took the spot next to her and laid down.

 

“And you know what? In a way that’s good.”

 

Seulgi turned her head to look at Wendy with a confused look.

 

“I mean… she sees the Seulgi that we see. She doesn’t see Charismatic Kang or the Ace of Haneul or THE Kang Seulgi or the Kang Seulgi who gets girls pregnant with her body roll.”

 

Wendy flashed a playful smile at Seulgi that had Seulgi regain her teddy bear smile back. Like always her best friend's words always have that magical spell that could wipe away Seulgi’s worries.

 

“We hold hands today too,” Seulgi admitted sheepishly, the blush still present in her cheeks.

 

“Oh Wow!” Wendy almost jumped out of the bed in excitement. She flipped herself to face Seulgi, interested in every single detail. “like hold hold? Or you fell and she had to help you get up kind of hold?”

 

“No… Like, hold hold…Like we hold hands throughout dinner.”

 

“Wait! You two have dinner together?!Seulgi! This is good! This is so good! Like what else?”

 

“Ummm… I kinda almost kiss her.”

 

“You ki- You almost kiss her?!”

 

Seulgi nodded shyly but her brilliant grin showed how ecstatic she was. The two started to squeal and started trashing in bed. They might as well look like two high school girls talking about their crushes.

 

“Oh my God!” Wendy cupped Seulgi’s shoulders and started to shake her. “It’s not a kiss, but the thought that you tried is just…”

 

“I was gonna kiss her but my stomach grumbled.”

 

“Oh.” Well, add that to Seulgi’s achievements. “But hey! You went out to dinner after, right? So, what did you two talked about?”

 

“Ummm… we talk about food, she said she loves burgers so I told her if she comes to Seoul, we could go have like a hamburger feast. Then, we walked back home. We are still holding hands.”

 

“Ohhhh my God, Seul. This is it.”

 

“It feels different you know? Than when I was holding Je-“

 

“Hey,” Wendy playfully nudged her bestfriend when she saw the faint hurt expression on Seulgi’s face at just the thought of she-shall-not-be-named. “They are two different people. One is part of your past and Eunae is part of your present and who knows, maybe your future.”

 

“You’re right.” Seulgi smiled more positively. “So, what am I going to text her?”

 

“Oh yeah… ummm… Tell her. You have an awesome time and did you ask her to come tomorrow?”

 

Seulgi’s brows creased in all seriousness as she composed her text.

 

“I did. She said yes.”

 

“And you can’t wait to see her tomorrow.”

 

“Okay, So, listen to this.” Seulgi cleared as she’s about to read the message. “Hey, Eunae. I had such a great time today. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Smiley face.”

 

“That sounds perfect. But wait… you need to have like a question to keep the conversation going. Let’s see.” Wendy tapped her chin thoughtfully. “Oh! Oh! Is there anything I should bring tomorrow?”

 

Seulgi smiled brilliantly as she finished her text.

 

“Okay… I’m going to send it.”

 

“Send it.”

 

Seulgi grimaced nervously as she pressed the send button.

 

“I SEND IT!

 

“YOU SEND IT!”

 

The two high schoolers squealed loud enough that Joohyun dropped her shampoo inside the restroom in shock.

 

*

 

Meanwhile at Eunae’s dorm…

 

The six girls were all watching at this strange phenomenon. Eunae paralyzed in her bed with that huge grin on her face, clutching the pillow and her phone like a lifeline.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Nahyun finally dared to ask, only to have no response. “Hey! Hey! Hey! YAH JO EUNAE?!

 

“What? Who me?”

 

“Duh?” Nahyun decided to put an end to all this secrecy and jumped in bed with Eunae. “What are you doing? Or should I say who are you texting?”

 

“Is that cute teddy bear?” Euijin said with a mischievous smirk.

 

“W-what? Maybe.”

 

“Let me see…” Nahyun pried Eunae’s phone off from her. Nahyun’s jaw drops to the ground as soon as she saw Eunae’s name for Seulgi. “Is that what you call her?”

 

“Why? What did you call her?” Minjae asked while the girls started to surround Eunae’s phone.

 

A collective aaawww echoed around the room.

 

“YAH!” Eunae tried to wrestle for her phone back, but Nahyun already had her pinned in bed as she had that evil smirk on her face as she types something.

 

“Here you go. And you’re welcome.”

 

“What did you- OH MY GOD!” Eunae screamed as she read the message that Nahyun just sends to Seulgi. “Can I delete this?”

 

“What? No… you two are just going around in circles. Someone needs to make a move and girl that’s you.” Nahyun said with a wink.

 

Eunae sunk in her bed, if it can swallow her whole now would be the best time.

 

*

 

“Babe- I thought you’re going to join me in the sho- Oh Seul.” Joohyun almost dropped her towel on the ground when she sees Seulgi still there. But what’s surprising is her and her girlfriend is so absorbed on the phone. “W-what are you two doing?”

 

“We’re texting Eunae and guess what Eunae just texted.”

 

“Oh wow.” Joohyun took a step back, completely impressed. Before she went to the shower, Seulgi can't even figure out what to text her, now they're exchanging this gooey, too sweet text messages.

 

Pretty Eunae <3

It’s not even that long but I miss you already. Can’t wait to see you and hold your hand again, my Honey Bear. 😉

 

“She called me her Honey Bear.” Seulgi looked both excited and nervous “I don’t know what to do.”

 

“I’m hungry when are we going to-“

 

Sooyoung and Yeri barged in the room with the hangry look on their faces, before they looked at the expression of the three girls on the bed.

 

“What did we walk into?”

 

“It’s like something out of a fic-“ Yeri’s smiled widely.

 

“I thought you don’t read it?”

 

“I lied.”

 

“Oh hush you two- we were just texting Eunae.”

 

The bed creaked as Sooyoung and Yeri jumped on the bed to join the three older girls.

 

“Let me see-“

 

Seulgi surrendered her phone so easily. Her mind is still too stunned to function.

 

“Ohhhh…” Sooyoung smiled. “You two are like about to start ting or something.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“No! You better keep it PG 13, Park Sooyoung!” Wendy warned.

 

But Sooyoung already has that devilish smirk on her face, an expression that says she’s already too far gone. But Yeri is not going to let this happen as she dived in and reached for the phone.

 

“OH YERI!!!!”

 

*

 

“She’s not replying,” Eunae whined, her heart dropping every minute that Seulgi isn’t texting her back. “She’s not replying, Najjang. She’s not.”

 

“Relax Eunae, she probably went to the restroom or something.”

 

Eunae turned to her phone and let out a groan that sounded more like a desperate cry.

 

“W-wait…” Eunae looked like the energy returned to her as she sits on her bed. “She’s typing… she’s typing.”

 

Typing…

 

Why is it taking her this long? Is she typing a term paper?

 

Honey Bear <3

I miss you too, baby girl. I don’t think holding hands is enough. I need more of you, babe. 😉

 

Eunae sunk to the ground, clutching her phone close to her racing heart. She called her baby girl. She called her baby girl. She is now Kang Seulgi’s baby girl. Her face is so red, she’ll make an apple look pale.

 

“What did she say? What did she-“ Nahyun easily tugged away Eunae’s phone as Eunae remained lifeless on the floor. The rest of the girls camped in closely, leaving Eunae melting into a pile of mush.

 

“Ooooohhhh look at that, Honey Bear got skills.”

 

“It’s… it’s…”

 

Nahyun bit her lower lip, ready for this to get a bit racy.

 

“W-wait? What are you texting?!”

 

*

 

Beep!

 

All the girls scrambled for Seulgi’s phone as soon as the phone beep.

 

“Please… please… don’t.” Seulgi begged.

 

“Hold her Yeri,” Sooyoung smirked and hollered as soon as she read the message. “Ohhhhh… Eunae has a naughty side, huh?”

 

“What did she say?”

 

Pretty Eunae <3

Don’t worry, my Teddy. I’ll dream of us tonight doing so much more. 😉

 

*

 

Beep!

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

 

Honey Bear <3

Tell me about it in the morning, so I could make it all come true. 😉

 

“Oh my God! Seulgi shii is calling!”

 

“Ohhhh… they’re about to get it on!”

 

Eunae yanked the phone out of Nahyun’s grip and races out of the room before finding refuge by the emergency staircase.

 

“Seulgi-shii?”

 

“Eunae!”

 

Eunae could hear Seulgi’s voice echo. She most probably tried to get away from her friends too and locked herself in the bathroom.

 

“Seulgi-shii?”

 

“I’m sorry… I’m so, so, so sorry. Sooyoung and Yeri got my phone.”

 

“No.” Eunae smiled back. “My friends got my phone too.”

 

Eunae clutched her phone tighter as she waited for Seulgi.

 

“We got awesome friends, don’t we?” Seulgi said with a giggle.

 

“Yup.” Eunae leaned her head against the wall. A few blocks away, Seulgi also leaned her head against the door. A smile gracing her lips at the thought of the other girl on the line.

 

“I want to meet your friends someday.”

 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

 

“You met mine.”

 

“Well, true.”

 

“How many are you in your group of friends?”

 

“Hmmm… There are seven of us. There’s Nahyun, you met her, she’s gorgeous and she can be savage but she’s like born to play volleyball.”

 

“Born to play?”

 

“Like even if she doesn’t practice as much, she could still play with the best of them. Yup. That’s my bestfriend… Then, there’s Euijin, it’s pretty much the three of us growing up until we get to college. Euijin is super sweet and caring, and she got lots of guys… We pretty much met-“

 

*

 

11:18 pm

 

“So, let me get this straight?” Seulgi tried to get to the bottom of all this, making sure she heard it, right. “You will pick Ji Chang Wook over Gong Yoo?”

 

She heard the most melodious laugh from the other line before Eunae said, “Yup.”

 

*

 

12: 25 am

 

“I’m an outside hitter that means when-“

 

Seulgi clutched the phone tightly to her, a smile lingering on her lips for God knows how long.

 

*

 

1: 33 am

 

“Then, just when I thought Sohee will survive, she ended up getting bitten. Like why? Why? I couldn’t understand that…”

 

Eunae smiles just listening to Seulgi talk, while unconsciously scribbling Seulgi <3 on the wall with her finger.

 

2:45 am

 

“Favorite Fruit?”

 

“Mango. My turn. If you get a 1,000 dollars what will you buy?”

 

“Hmmmm… a camera.”

 

*

 

3:39 am

 

“So, yeah… I flunk college algebra again-“

 

“Wait? Again?”

 

Seulgi’s face shone a dark red, it’s a good thing Eunae can’t see her expression on the phone.

 

“Well, I took during my freshmen year, then had to retake it again sophomore year. I’m going to take it this sum-

 

BANG! BANG! BANG!

 

Seulgi quickly jumped off and screeched as someone banged against the door.

 

“Unnie, what the hell?” Seulgi heard Yeri whining from the other side. “How long are you going to stay there?”

 

“Oh… oh wow. It’s almost 4 am.”

 

“It is?” Eunae wondered then gasped softly at how late or how early it is now. “Oh my God.”

 

“Well. I’ll see you tomorrow, you’re still coming, right?”

 

“Ummm yeah. I’ll go to your hotel around 7:30.”

 

“UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!”

 

“I got to go… Have a good night.” Seulgi said sweetly, how she’s still wide awake, she doesn’t know.

 

“Good night.”

 

“Good night.”

 

“If you say good night one more time I swear to Jesus Christ!”

 

*

 

“I don’t get all of this,” Yeri whined for the last ten minutes as she struggled to get her inside the van. She should be sleeping in right now or heading out to get more beach time, not go on a History Field Trip.

 

“I’m sure you’ll change your mind as you see the temples, Yeri,” Wendy reassured the girl.

 

“That’s what I don’t get. Why do we need to see temples? When you could worship a shrine right here?” Yeri pointed to herself.

 

“When you get struck by lightning, I won’t even be surprised,” Sooyoung said before readjusting her sunglasses and getting into the front seat. “So, Eunae is coming today, right?”

 

The mention of Eunae’s name instantly woke Seulgi up. Despite only having three hours of sleep.

 

“Ahhh yeah. She should be here.”

 

“Why do you sound worried? Trust me, unnie. We will help you two get closer.”

 

Seulgi looked more anxious than relieved at the offer.

 

“How are you guys going to do that?”

 

“By highlighting your good qualities of course,” Sooyoung said. “Like how your abs inspire people to go on a diet.”

 

“Well, Eunae got nice abs too.”

 

“Ooooohhhh unnie,” Yeri is back at it again. “Does that mean you were checking it out?”

 

“What?!” Seulgi’s ears turned red at the accusation. “It’s not like I was doing it on purpose. It was during her match and well.”

 

“She got a hot body and a really nice .”

 

Even Irene mumbled in approval, it’s a good thing Wendy is out of earshot.

 

“But you know what girls like, unnie? What they really, really like?” Yeri asked. “I mean you’re a girl, you should know.”

 

“What?”

 

“When people asked Saeron what is so amazing about me. She tells them it’s my sense of humor.”

 

Sooyoung raised a judgmental brow. “You have a sense of humor?”

 

“But yeah unnie, girls are a er for funny people.” Yeri continued, ignoring Sooyoung and Joohyun’s stare. “They like guys or girls who can make them laugh. Funny is the new y. Isn’t that what you like about Wendy unnie, unnie?”

 

“I like a lot of things about her.”

 

“Her mostly,” Sooyoung mumbled under her breath. “Eunae is here!”

 

“What?”

 

“JK! EUNAE UNNIE!”

 

Seulgi frowned but spun around to catch Eunae breaking into a power walk to get to them. Her long legs getting her faster than most. And Seulgi could feel her heart racing at how pretty Eunae looks in just skinny jeans and an off-shoulder shirt. Sooyoung reached out to shut Seulgi’s jaw for her.

 

“Sorry, I’m late.” She bowed down, looking deeply apologetic.

 

“No… no, hey you’re okay.” Seulgi calmed Eunae with a gentle smile. “I’m really glad you’re here.”

 

“Yeah, Seulgi unnie was just talking about how nice your is.”

 

Both Seulgi and Eunae looked flushed with embarrassment, while Yeri just flashed her signature eating grin.

 

“I got everybody coffee and of course since you're my favorite," Wendy smiled grossly at her girlfriend "a Red Bean Smoothie.”

 

Thank God, Seulgi let out a praise to the heavens as Wendy walked in with cups of coffee and judging from the whiff of sweet scent, a bag full of…

 

“BREAD! BREAD! BREAD!” Yeri says excitedly.

 

Seulgi turned over to Eunae and the expression on the tall girl’s face is unreadable.

 

“What’s wrong, Eunae-shii, you don’t like coffee?”

 

“Oh, I do. Thank you.”

 

Oh, God… This isn’t the time for this yet. Eunae thought as she eyed the cup of ice coffee. For as long as she knows caffeine has been the bane of her existence. She loves it, she needs it but the side effects of it are like wow… like ten tequila shots worth of bad decisions.

 

She gets loud and touchy and clingy and just… no… no! she can’t. She can’t show this side to Seulgi and especially not to her friends.

 

But if she doesn’t drink it, they might think she suffers from some diva complex. Maybe if she takes small, slow sips the effects would be more manageable.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Alright! Hop in guys! We’re going to have a great time!”

 

*

 

“Hello I’m Yeri and I’ll be your tour guide for this trip.” It didn’t even take Yeri longer than 20 minutes to get her hyperactiveness in check. “If you look to your right, you will see trees and if you look to your other right you will see more trees.”

 

Her friends made her and Eunae sit at the very back, but the two of them didn’t even say a single word to each other unless you count ummm and ahhhh… She’s been dying to hold Eunae’s hand but she didn’t know if she would look too fresh if she just reached out to hold it.

 

“And that concludes our trip for today.”

 

“Yeri, you have to be patient, okay?” Wendy pulled away from Joohyun and frowned at the brat sitting next to them. “Good things come to those who wait.”

 

Sooyoung thinks this is the perfect time to put her plan into action.

 

“Hey Eunae, you know who’s the funniest one in our group?”

 

“Ummm Yeri?”

 

“No. not funniest looking.” Yeri pouts at the blatant insult. “I meant funny like whenever we are with her, it’s like a freaking good time.”

 

“It’s like SNL but without the lawsuits,” Yeri added.

 

“Who?”

 

“Seulgi unnie.”

 

Eunae turned over to Seulgi with a confused and a look of disbelief plastered on her pretty face.

 

“Really?”

 

“Oh yeah! She’s like the funniest person I met,” Wendy joined in to help her buddy out. “like last night she just cracked this joke and we were like laughing for like ten minutes straight.”

 

“Go ahead and tell Eunae your joke.”

 

“I…I…I…I…” Seulgi’s eyes grow big as she’s put in the spotlight like that. She’s used to singing, she’s used to dancing, she’s used to drawing and painting but telling a joke?

 

“C’mon Unnie.” Yeri urged her to go.

 

“Oh ummm… yeah,” Seulgi finally mustered enough courage to show the comedian in her “So I was telling them yesterday ahhh… what does EXO do when they take a picture?”

 

Seulgi’s friends' expression suddenly turned grim. The four looked like they just found out that Seulgi has a terminal disease and has only 24 hours to live.

 

“Ummm, I don’t know,” Eunae answered.

 

“They Xiumin.”

 

“Xiumin?” Eunae tilted her head in confusion until a few seconds later it clicked. “Oh, Xiumin? Zoom in?! Ahhhh.”

 

Seulgi turned over to her friends, looking for a seal of approval. But instead, they look at her like she’s a hopeless case. Their expression is telling her that jumping off a speeding van in a national highway is a better option than sitting next to Eunae.

 

“Excuse me, driver ahjusshi,” Sooyoung asked.the man next to her. “Where’s the thing for this? I think I need to LAY down a bit.”

 

“I think you just had too much BAEKHYUN during breakfast.”

 

Poor Seulgi looked like she was about to burst into tears but she couldn’t cry, not in front of Eunae of course. So she just covered herself with a blanket while her friends ripped her to pieces. But then she felt gentle rubs on her back and she pulled the blanket away to see Eunae smiling so sweetly at her.

 

“I think it was funny,” Eunae said nudging Seulgi playfully.

 

The rest of the girls exchanged confused glances, all of them wondering what Eunae is smoking.

 

“It was?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“You have a bad sense of humor.”

 

*

 

It was around 40 minutes to the trip with Yeri and Sooyoung drowning the awkward air with their horrific singing when Seulgi felt Eunae scooted a bit closer to her. Seulgi turned over to Eunae who out of nowhere flashed her an adorable, crinkly nose, disappearing eyes smile.

 

It was too adorable that Seulgi had to look away to hide her blushing cheeks.

 

But Eunae is nowhere near done yet, as she covered every inch space between them before playfully squishing her arms.

 

Squish. Squish. Squish.

 

“Ummm Eunae-shii?”

 

The squishing turned into nuzzling as Eunae buried her face in Seulgi’s neck, making Seulgi yelp.

 

“You’re chhhhhoooo chhhhoft, unnie,” Eunae mumbled cutely as she nuzzled herself deeper in Seulgi’s shoulders.

 

“W-what?”

 

It was like a transformation just happened before her eyes. This wasn’t the Eunae she knows with the calm and soft demeanor but instead, it was a different Eunae. An Eunae whose eyes she could barely see and a smile so squishy and goofy.

 

But God damn she looks so cute.

 

“Is Eunae-shii okay?” Wendy asked worriedly as she sees the difference happening in front of her.

 

“You’re chooooo cute,” Eunae whined while smiling at Seulgi.

 

“A-a-are you okay?”

 

“I’m not okay,” Eunae pouted before breaking into a cheek-splitting grin. “I’m supercalifragilisticexpialidocius!” She fluttered her eyes at Seulgi. “That means super awesome. Super duper awesome! Super duper uber awesome! Especially since I’m with my Honey Bear. Can I call you that?”

 

“Call me what?”

 

“My Honey Bear?” Eunae’s lips jut in a cute af pout. How could Seulgi resist that?

 

“I… I.. I guess. Sure.”

 

“Can you say it, Honey Bear? Can you say supercalifragilisticexpialidocius?” Eunae pleaded and Seulgi has no idea if she could ever say no.

 

“Supercaliforniaexpedialotion?“

 

“That’s close enough! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! My Honey Bear is so cute!” Eunae screamed before rubbing her nose on Seulgi’s neck, making Seulgi squeal in surprise. “So, so, so cute…”

 

Wendy and Joohyun looked completely horrified, while Sooyoung and Yeri looked at each other like they just discovered the secret to life.

 

“This is going to be lit.”

 

*

 

“Unnie did you drug her something?”

 

Sooyoung asked as soon as they stepped down from the van.

 

“What? No! No! You think she’s okay?” Seulgi looked genuinely terrified now. “You think I should call 119?”

 

“Eunae, are you okay?” Wendy said in concern, watching as Eunae noisily sips the very last drop of her coffee. “Do you need to sit down or something?”

 

“No. I’m okay, thank you, little person,” Eunae said before patting Wendy on the crown of her head, leaving Wendy stammering in her spot. But then, Eunae expression turned tearful as she lost sight of her.

 

“Honey Bear?”

 

“I think she’s calling you, Honey Bear unnie.”

 

Seulgi turned and saw Eunae with her lower lip jutting out so cutely, her arms outstretched for her.

 

“Eunae-shii?”

 

“I miss you already.” Eunae quickly wrapped Seulgi in a back hug as soon as she reached her.

 

As much as this new Eunae worries Seulgi, she couldn’t deny that she loves the sweet affection too.

 

“Did you miss me?” Eunae’s question was muffled in Seulgi’s shoulder, as they sway gently in their backhug.

 

“I… ummm… I did.”

 

Seulgi was enjoying this backhug a little too much that she completely forgot where they were until Wendy started clearing .

 

“The temple is this way.”

 

The girls looked up and even Yeri (who just tsk because she won’t admit it out loud) that the temple was managed to knock them off their feet with how majestic it is.

 

 

Yeri watched at the two couples in front of them. Her Wendy and Joohyun unnie being their typical sticky selves and now Honey Bear unnie and this drugged up Eunae who are just as sticky.

 

“Unnie?” Yeri tugged on Sooyoung who was busy looking for the right lighting for her selfie with the background of the temple to highlight her God given looks.

 

“What?”

 

“I think when Red Velvet said love is lookin a zoo, this is what they’re talking about.”

 

Sooyoung turned away from her phone and at the two couple right in front of them, Sooyoung couldn’t help but agree more.

 

Pffft… Animals.

 

*

 

“Honey Bear?”

 

“Ummm yeah?” Seulgi replied. She’s still trying to get used to being called that, but a part of her is telling her to enjoy it before Eunae regained her sanity back.

 

“When we get married do you want to live in a place this big?” Eunae pouted as they walked around the massive temple, filled with lavish antiques that are only meant for the eyes to appreciate.

 

Seulgi almost chokes on her spit at the question.

 

“Ummmm well… maybe not this big.”

 

Eunae turned over to Seulgi with a gigantic smile.

 

“Can we live in a Hanok?”

 

Seulgi was already smiling before she could even give an answer.

 

“Ummm… sure. We could do that.”

 

“Honey Bear?” Eunae whined as she clutched tighter to Seulgi’s arm. “How many Teddy Bears do you want us to have?”

 

Teddy Bears? Is ummm… is Eunae talking about the toys?

 

“T-Teddy Bear? Like the stuff toy?”

 

“No silly. Like our own little baby cubs?”

 

“B-baby cubs? Oh! Oh!”

 

Oh wow… they haven’t even gone on an official date yet and they’re talking about marriage and kids or Cubs?

 

“I would like maybe two. A boy and a girl.”

 

Eunae started shaking excitedly at the thought of all that cuteness.

 

“Our baby cubs are gonna look like you and they’re going to look so cute….”

 

Seulgi's face continues to go bright red, which perfectly matched her bright smile.

 

“I would love them to look like you,” Seulgi confessed and she saw the way Eunae’s smile just lit up before she snuggled on Seulgi’s arm again.

 

*

 

“Awwww… How long have you been together?”

 

“A few hours ago,” Eunae said proudly with a squishy smile.

 

They were already on their second stop and it looked like whatever Eunae had is still not wearing off. On their way here, Eunae joined Yeri and Sooyoung in some carpool karaoke and giving Jessi and Heize And Nikki Minaj a run for their money with her rapping.

 

They step down on to their second stop and Eunae instantly clung back around Seulgi. Their little displays of affection have stolen the attention of a tourist ahjumma and her grumbling husband.

 

Eunae just lets out a squeal before swinging her and Seulgi’s joined hands together.

 

“Well, you two make such a cute couple.”

 

Eunae squealed one more time. Seulgi swears by the end of this trip, she’ll go deaf from Eunae’s squeals.

 

“Did you hear that Honey Bear? Ahjumma said we’re so cute together!”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You two look like you’re going to last for a very long time.”

 

“Thank you!” Eunae bowed down. “We’re going to live in a Hanok someday,” Eunae said before turning to look at Seulgi with a sweet gaze before adding.

 

“And we’re going to make baby cubs there.”

 

*

 

They were on their third stop and as much as Seulgi tried to focus on what Wendy is narrating about the place, it was getting hard for her to concentrate on the way Eunae is clinging to her like this. It’s not like she’s complaining. Nope. Not at all.

 

In fact, Seulgi thinks she’ll have abandonment issues as soon as Eunae came back to her senses again. How could she not when she’s getting so comfortable in Eunae’s warmth? and when Eunae’s strawberry scent has calmed her like this?

 

On their third stop, she and Eunae still looked like a couple of honeymooners though, Seulgi admits she has trouble showing affection because she has no idea if Eunae would even remember it.

 

They stumbled upon another couple, with the girl clinging to her oppa in a way that even Koalas would shake their heads.

 

“Euijin?!”

 

The girl with the milky white skin turned away from the shelf of jars and to Eunae and Seulgi. She gives Eunae and Seulgi a good head to toe before coming up with a conclusion.

 

“Unnie?” Euijin narrowed her eyes before breaking into a wide grin. “Oh crap. Did she have coffee?”

 

“Nope. I have Seulgi.”

 

“Unnie chill…”

 

“Your boyfriend looked different from last week.”

 

Euijin chuckled embarrassingly before pulling Eunae and Seulgi in a corner.

 

“He looks different because he’s different.”

 

“Ahhhh.. How do you spell hoe? E-U-I-J-I-N,” Eunae said, cackling in amusement. “I’m so FANNEH!”

 

“Wait… is Eunae going to be okay?”

 

“You have nothing to worry about, it’ll wear off in a few hours.”

 

“Few hours?”

 

“Why Honey Bear?” Eunae gave out that deadly pout once again. “You don’t want me holding you anymore?”

 

Seulgi turned to Euijin who looked like she’s enjoying this a little too much.

 

“I-I do.”

 

“I’m mad at chu now.” Eunae threw a cute mini tantrum right there, along with shaking herself, stomping her feet and whining like a three year old kid.

 

“W-what?”

 

Euijin just started backing off leaving Seulgi to fend herself against this irresistible version of Eunae.

 

“Now you have to give me a kiss.”

 

“Wait? What?”

 

“You have to give me a kiss so I could forgive you.” Eunae proposed while puckering her lips for a kiss.

 

“I…ummm…” Seulgi looked around before turning her attention again to Eunae.

 

“Now you don’t want to kiss me too?”

 

“What? No…I…I…I do.”

 

Eunae’s face glowed at Seulgi’s confession. Seulgi moved in closer and her heart racing once again at the thought of kissing Eunae. She tilts her head to the side ready to claim those lips when someone cleared their throats behind them.

 

“Think of the children, unnie.” Seulgi quickly stiffened in her spot.

 

*

 

“I guess it’s true, nobody is perfect.”

 

Yeri pointed out as Eunae was sleeping, snoring, drooling with mouth gaping open next to Seulgi. They were on their way to the buffet and the effect of the caffeine finally ran off as Eunae passed out as soon as they were back in the van. She also looked very comfortable as she made a pillow out of Seulgi.

 

Eunae as beautiful and glamorous as she appears to be, happen to snore like a freight train. Yeri might think it’s a turn off, but Seulgi hasn't seen anything this adorable.

 

She can’t really blame Eunae, the tour took a lot of walking, Joohyun is cuddled next to Wendy, with Wendy giving a sweet peck on Joohyun’s hair before following her to slumber. Sooyoung is also asleep on the front seat with Yeri taking pictures of her for blackmail material. Seulgi is usually the type who sleeps anywhere too, but she’s finding it hard when Eunae looks so cute sleeping in her shoulders.

 

Eunae sounded like she just chokes on her spit before letting out a zombie like groan. She gazed up at Seulgi with her eyes still hazy with sleep and upon realizing their position made her jumped up.

 

“S-Seulgi-shii?”

 

Yeri groaned as soon as she heard that. The wildt Eunae has finally retreated back to her hiding place, ready to be summoned with a cup of coffee. It was fun while it lasted.

 

“Hey, Eunae.”

 

“I’m sorry, did I just-“ Eunae turned to her phone and saw her screen blowing up from her group chat. Her finger was shaking as she swiped it and her phone almost landed with a thud as she saw the pictures that her amazing friend Euijin took of her canoodling and pouting and trying to kiss Seulgi and her friends with their messages all in CAPSLOCK.

 

“Oh my God!” Eunae groaned in deep regret. What in the world had she done? “Seulgi-shii, I’m so so so sorry about this. I didn’t. Oh my God.” Eunae buried her burning face on her palms.

 

“I don’t think Honey Bear unnie mind.”

 

“Honey Bear?” Eunae moaned in despair.

 

“It’s really okay, Eunae.” Seulgi tried to comfort her but Eunae is already cussing herself mentality from what happened. “It’s okay.”

 

“No…no… it’s not.” Eunae shook her head while trying to fold the blanket that Seulgi covered her in. If she wasn’t in regret mode, she would have been spazzing right now. “I think I’ll just… I’ll head back.”

 

“What?” Seulgi straightens up in her seat. “But we’re so far.”

 

“They have like buses to go back, it’s okay. Thank you so much.”

 

“No…no…” Seulgi was pleading already. “It’s really, really okay. I’m not going to let you leave.”

 

“If you don’t want to stay for Seulgi unnie, at least stay for the buffet.”

 

Eunae looked and quickly faltered from Seulgi’s broken expression.

 

“Okay.”

 

“She likes the buffet more than you unnie.”

 

*

 

“Oh gosh… look at that view.”

 

"Unnie! Make sure you Xiumin," Yeri said before cackling like the little demon that she is.

 

Seulgi gushed as soon as they stepped inside the riverboat and the sun setting into the waters, creating a mirage of picturesque dreamscape. She pulled out her phone as she wanted to save the image.

 

But Eunae thinks she had never seen anything as beautiful as she held her breath, watching Seulgi smile as she took a picture.

 

Anyone who’s watching could see how much she had fallen and Joohyun who was just standing by the railings smiled as she recognized that gaze anywhere. She saw Eunae pulling out her phone, trying to steal of picture of Seulgi but her moment of courage quickly passed as Eunae lowered her phone, wincing regrettably as her nerves took over her again.

 

“Eunae-shii look.” Seulgi walks over to Eunae before showing her phone, swiping through images of the palette of gold and orange and red in the sky.

 

If Seulgi only knows who Eunae was looking at.

 

 

*

 

“Eunae-shii?”

 

“Oh, Joohyun- shii!” Eunae jumped up at the sight of her approaching her. She just couldn’t bear to face Seulgi and her friends right now, and she just reasoned out that she needed some fresh air before joining them in the buffet.

 

Among Seulgi’s group of friends, it was the eldest one that Eunae never really had a chance to talk too. She was quiet and only spoke when she needed to reprimand the younger girls. But it was like she possessed this kind of aura that demands respect.

 

“Here you go,” She handed Eunae an iced drink and Eunae gulped nervously. “Don’t worry it’s ice tea. I can’t take coffee either.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Eunae took a deep breath, just swirling the drink in her hand.

 

“You like Seulgi, right?”

 

Eunae was thankful that she wasn’t drinking or she might have choke right then and there. Joohyun smiled at Eunae’s reaction.

 

“You know Seulgi is a big time in our school. When Seulgi gets admirers, they always try to get close with Wendy first. And Wendy… she might be super nice but she’s very protective of her. Their relationship, I don’t even try to get in between. They’re like more than sisters. And Wendy picked up on this stuff easily, she knows who’s just after Seulgi for her rep in school and who likes her for her. And unfortunately, most of them are really just after the first part. And then there’s you,”

 

“Ummm me?” Eunae finally dared to look at Joohyun.

 

“You saw the Seulgi we know and see. If you think about it, that Seulgi is pretty amazing. People just wants to see the other things.”

 

“She is. She’s sweet and super nice and…”

 

“And that’s why you need to get to know her more. Trust me, you’ll love Honey Bear even more.”

 

“Eunae-shii?”

 

“There she is.” Joohyun pats Eunae on the arm before standing up. “Get to know her.”

 

Seulgi had a plate of burgers and grinned widely at Joohyun as Joohyun pass by her and patted her on the arm.

 

“Oh, Seulgi- shii?”

 

Seulgi sat down next to her.

 

“I’m so so so so sorry about today. I’m terrible with caffeine and… I get… you know, you saw it… kinda loopy.”

 

Eunae wasn’t kind of loopy, she pretty much defined the version of loopy.

 

“I would understand it if you don’t want anything to do with me.”

 

“Are you kidding me?” Seulgi nudged Eunae on the side. “I like that side of you. It was so adorable.”

 

“I probably embarrassed you,” Eunae whined.

 

“Nope. Not at all.” Seulgi flashed another grin “I’m thinking you’re kinda hungry, so I got you some burgers and some fries.”

 

Seulgi looked like she brought an entire cow worth of burgers on that plate.

 

“Thank you.”

 

They exchanged shy smiles before Eunae got a burger.

 

“So, what did you and unnie talked about?”

 

Eunae lips curved in a soft smile.

 

“Just something that I needed to know. Seulgi- shii?”

 

“Unnie.”

 

“Huh?” Eunae blinked confusedly.

 

“You have been calling me Seulgi-shii, I think after today you can call me unnie now.”

 

Eunae pursed her lips, trying to hold the squeal that is about to spill from her lips.

 

“Seulgi unnie?”

 

“Yeah Eunae-yah?”

 

“Eunae-yah?”

 

“Ummmm…” Seulgi started to cough, making Eunae offer her, her tea. “You don’t mind, right?”

 

“No… no… not at all.” Eunae heard people calling her that, but none can make her heart beat as much as the way Seulgi says it. “So, ummm… unnie… ahhhh… If you’re not doing anything tomorrow, there are some cool places around town that maybe you would like to go see… ummm… with me?”

 

Eunae’s eyes fluttered shyly to the ground, grimacing as she waited for Seulgi’s answer. One second turned to two before she felt a warmth on her hand as Seulgi lays her hand in hers. It was up to her to take another move as she intertwined their fingers together.

 

The two of them looked at their fingers in pure amazement before Seulgi looked up at her and said.

 

“I would love too.”

 

TBC

 

Caffeinated Eunae... well... you know it's bound to happen, hehe. Right?

 

Thanks again guys for subscribing, upvotes and especially the comments. Yup... I'm a er for diggy too. Tsk. Tsk. 

 

Enjoy the update!