chapter 13

Rainbow

Trust

 

Yong Hwa stood in front of the social department office. For a moment he hesitated to go into the office. After take a deep breath he ventured to enter. Some of the staff who see Yong Hwa give him a deep bows. Yong Hwa is one of the loyal donors who always help orphanages and nursing homes, so he was no stranger to the staff in that department.

‘’Good morning Mr. Jung,'' secretary of  head department social stood up and smiled when she saw Yong Hwa enter the room. '' Mr. Kim was waiting for you in his office,' she said as she opened the door  for Yong Hwa

'' Thank you,'' said Yong Hwa and came into the room.

He saw Kim Suro, Head of the Department of Social, reading the file in his hand before he looked up and realized Yong Hwa presence.

'' Mr. Jung, glad you came. Come on please sit down,'' Kim Suro stood invited Yong Hwa sat facing him.


'' Straight to the topic Mr.Kim. Is there a problem with  my  adoption process?

 
Kim Suro take a breath. '' The worst. There is problem for  one of your adoption process,’’
 

‘’ what do you mean?’’

'' Maybe you're familiar with this name, Park Ju Jin. He claimed that one of the children who want you to adoption still have family. The child's biological mother is still alive and intend to take the child back,''

'' But isnt already stated that both of them, I mean Yunho and jaejong have no parents or family,’’

'' The mother of this child forced to separete  from her husband and her child. Her parents eventually married him to Park Ju Jin and immediately took her to America,'' Kim Suro paused. Let Yong Hwa digest what he was saying.

'' Park Ju Jin get married? I never heard he held a wedding ceremony and that I knew he was single,'' Yong Hwa said in a surprised tone. He did not expect that the man who is considered a playboy willing to get married.

'' Right. His marriage was kept  on secret because his wife want like that. However, Park Ju Jin  can not wait  to announce their wedding in front of the public. I think this woman is not an ordinary woman. She can conquer Park Ju Jin heart,''

'' Women who do not want to be known as Ju Jin’s wife is amazing woman, Mr. Kim. And the reward for that publication is ..?'' Yong Hwa now understand where the direction of their conversation.

'' You understand now Mr Jung. Yes, if  Ju Jin want this married announcement, the lost child must back to his wife. Back under her care. Ju Jin have been looking all over Korea to find the lost child,''

'' And the child is one of the kids that I'm adopted,''

Kim Suro Yong Hwa nodded as he looked with worry.

'' Who? Tell me who the boy was,'' Yong Hwa trying to keep his voice calm.

'' Kim Jae Jong,''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho and Jaejoong walked to the supermarket. Yong Hwa assigning them to shop for dinner. Today they will eat grilled meat. Just hearing about grilled meat makes Jaejong dripping the saliva. Impatient,  he pulled Yunho hands to walk faster.

 

'' Come on hyung ... faster,''

 ‘’Jaejoong slowly.  You can fall,’’'

 '' Oops, sorry hyung,'' Jaejoong smiled apologetically and finally slowed down but still could not stop jumping up and down. His behavior makes Yunho could only shake his head with a smile.

Arriving at the supermarket, Jaejoong took a basket and walked toward the meat counter.

'' Come on hyung .. palli...,'' he said enthusiastically.

'' Patience jongie. The meat is not going anywhere?'' Yunho chuckled.

After nearly 20 minutes shopping, Yunho and Jaejoong walked to the cashier to pay for their groceries.


'' Hyung, the queue is quite long. I want to pee,'' said Jaejoong.

'' Then go to the bathroom first. Want me to go with you?''


'' Do not hyung. You're queuing. I can go by my self,’’'

'' Really?'' Yunho asked once again to assured. Actually he did not want Jaejoong to go alone.


'' Hyung not trust me?'' Jaejoong frowned, pout his lips


'' Well, I trust you. Do not be long. I wait here,''


;’’Ok hyung'','' once said, Jaejoong went straight into the bathroom. Yunho saw the back of his brother disappeared. Somehow a horrible feeling because let Jaejoong go alone appear in his heart.  '' Anni. Jaejong will be alright. He was big kid now and could take care of himself,'' said Yunho in his heart and re-queuing.


Ten minutes passed, Jaejoong has not returned from bathroom. Yunho started to worry. He had just finished paying for their groceries and are now waiting for Jaejoong in front of the entrance. He decided to return into Supermarket to find Jaejoong.

Just as he was about to enter, he heard a sounds of a woman screaming  and child crying. That cry sound familiar in Yunho ears. Oh no, it is Jaejong cry. Yunho went into the supermarket and saw some people gathered around. The center of attention are overweight middle-aged women who scolding the crying boy. The boy is his brother, Jaejong. Yunho immediately ran over. When he saw yunho, Jaejoong immediately ran to him and hugged his brother  while crying.

‘’What happen? Hush Jaejong, stop crying. Tell me, what is going on? Yunho try to calm Jaejoong. It hurt,  see Jaejoong cry like that. The same cry when he find his brother got a beat from a young thug a year ago. That incident will never be forgotten, because the day after got beat, Jaejoong felt sick and he almost lost Jaejong.

 
The middle-aged woman shouted to Jaejoong again. She look very anger.

'' Hey thief, let's return my wallet,’’ she said without preamble

'' I'm sorry ma'am, who do you say thief?'' Yunho asked while holding his anger.

'' Who else beside this ungrateful child. He is  the boy but going to woman bathroom. Isnt suspicious. Give my wallet back,’’ she snapped again, pulling Jaejoong who hug yunho tightly.

 

 '' My brother is not a thief,'' Yunho replied, pulling Jaejoong from her grip and protect him behind his back.

'' If he does not have bad intention, for what this boy get into the women's bathroom,'' she snapped again, trying to pull jaejong who hide behind Yunho back.

Yunho brushed her hand and turned to Jaejoong who was still sobbing uncontrollably.

'' Why did you enter the women's bathroom Jaejong''

''hik..hik, I did not steal hyung''

'' I know, You may not steal. But you must say the reason why you entered the women's bathroom?''

''hik..hik..when I went to men’s bathroom..hik..one of ajuhsi there not allow me in. hik..hikk.. He said girls are not allowed in the men's bathroom hyung. Sob .. because I could not stand to pee anymore, I do not have time to explain..hic .. hic .. I had just come into the women's bathroom,'' explained Jaejoong stuttered as tears

'' Liar ..!,'' Middle-aged woman snapped it again. Some visitors began to whisper. They saw Jaejoong and was initially thought that he's a girl.

'' My brother could not lie. Moreover, he did not bring any wallet with him. See, his pocket empty,'' said Yunho while pulled jaejong pocket out to prove that empty.

'' He must hide my wallet somewhere .. street kids like you should report to the police,'' the woman said. And without further ado, she immediately pulled Jaejoong and Yunho hands harshly.  '' Come with me to the police station,'' she snapped.

The crowd who had been able to see the commotion just speechless see Jaejoong and Yunho pulled by the middle-aged women. They mostly believe if Jaejong is a thief. Because he had a cold face though beautiful like a girl.

'' Hold on!'' Suddenly there was another female voice stop the middle-aged woman who pull Yunho and Jaejoong hands.


The middle-age woman who accused Jaejong is a thief  looked back and saw a beautiful woman standing behind her. The beautiful woman looked at her  coldly. Her  aura felt same like jaejong aura when he in cold face mode.

'' Without any evidence you accuse this child stealing. You are supposed to be taken to the police station because ruin someone’s good name,'' said the beautiful woman with a cold tone.

'' I do not need proof. This kid looks just like a thief. He is have pretty face, but look at how cold and evil his face,'' said the middle-aged woman with a tone somewhat undecided.

'' If I find proof that the child is not the thief, I'll take you to the police. Bring proof here,'' said the beautiful woman again.

A cleaning service that stands behind the beautiful women come forward. In his hands are red wallet. '' I think this wallet is yours mistress. When I clean the bathroom, I found this wallet on the back of the toilet. Looks like you put the wallet in the toilet cistern and fall without you knowing it,'' said the cleaning service as she handed the wallet to the woman who accused Jaejong stealing.

'' Who knows  this boy  take my wallet there,'' said the woman did not want to be blamed.

'' It is impossible mistress. I was there too with the lady,'' said the cleaning service, pointing to a beautiful woman who stood beside him. ‘' I found this wallet in the second room, where you use. While the child is using the forth room. After used bathroom, this child wash his hands and straight out,'' said the cleaning service again.

The people who gathered around began to whispes. They turn back defend Jaejoong and looked at middle-aged women.by synic


With a red face embarrassment, the woman opened her wallet and pulled out some money. ''Take this,'' she said indignantly as she put the money into yunho hand. '' This is a compensation,''

'' I do not need your money. You must apologize to my brother. You made him shame, sad and crying,'' said Yunho angrily handing the money back at the woman's

'' Still less? How much do you want?’’

'' Madam, my brother and I may not be from a wealthy family, but that does not mean we lower ourselves with stealing. We do not need this money. Apologies to my brother, '"shouted Yunho. In his lifetime he had never felt such rage.

'' You better sorry than I reported you to the police for causing turmoil in public places and abussed the child,'' a beautiful woman suddenly spoke up. This beautiful woman's tone made middle-aged woman cringe.

'' All right. I'm sorry little boy. Satisfied?'' After saying that, it's middle-aged woman straight away. It seems she to be ashamed of her actions, but too arrogant to admit it.

Yunho almost ran after the woman and told her to apologize properly. But sound of Jaejong cry and strong grip on his hand made him realize there is more important than taking care of the woman. '' Hush, Jaejong don’t cry.  Hyung believe you're not a thief, everyone here also knows who is wrong. So do not be sad again huh?''  He coaxed Jaejoong and hold him  in his arms.

'' Madam, thank you for your help,'' said Yunho at a beautiful woman who had been watching him and Jaejoong. The crowd that watched them had dispersed, leaving Jaejoong and Yunho with the beautiful woman.

'' No problem, kid. What is your name?'' Asked her.

'' I am Jung Yunho. This is my brother Jaejong. And madam….?''  Ask yunho

The woman did not answer. But look at Jaejoong with  her cold stared  making  jaejong hide in yunho back, felt scare about the woman stared.

'' I'm sorry madam. What's the problem with my brother?,'' Yunho is aware of her stared on Jaejong

'' Ah sorry. Your brother's name reminds me of someone. My name is Park Hae Jin.,'' Said a beautiful woman named Hae Jin, smiling. Instantly, her cold face replaced by a motherly aura.

'' You pretty when smiling  madam,'' Yunho immediately closed his mouth, realized he let slip the words.

Hae jin laugh, make her look more beautiful. Jaejoong who heard Hae Jin laughter looked straight at her and stunned. He no longer gets stuck in Yunho's back .

 ''Really? Then starting today I will smile more often. Ow, where yours house? I can delivered you home. '' Said Hae Jin

'' Do not bother, madam.. Our house near here.  Once again thank you verry much for your help,’’ said Yunho while bow

‘' Thank you madam,,'' for the first time Jaejong make a sound.  He bowed respectfully to Hae jin and smiled.


 Hae jin stunned to see Jaejoong smile. '' Good boy, you look much cuter when smiling. I think we both must often smile from now,’’ said Hae Jin.

'' Okey, Pinky promise,'' said Jaejoong who  already happy  again

‘’Pinky promise'',''  Hae Jin replied with a laugh followed by Yunho and Jaejoong

'' We go first madam,''  yunho said while bow once again  followed by Jaejong

'' You two be careful,'' said Hye jin returned the nod by the two young men.


Together, Yunho and Jaejoong walked home. Hae Jin continue to look at both  until they disappear. She took a deep breath and then shook her head slowly. '' There's probably  not my Jae Jong. That child clan is Jung, not Kim,'' Hae Jin whispered to her self as she moved away from where she stood

------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile Yunho and Jaejoong walked home hand in hand.

'' Hyung?''

'' Hmm?''

'' Thank you''

'' For what?''

'' Because trust me''

'' I will always believe in you, because you're my sweet brother, Jaejoong,'' said Yunho  as he rubbed Jaejong head. '' Let's go home. Grandpa must have been waiting  us ,'' said Yunho while  pulling Jaejoong hand’s.

'' Thank you hyung .. really thank you. You are everything to me. I do not need anyone else,'' said Jaejong in his hearts. He  holding yunho hands tightly and walk home together.

 

Anyone still read this story? It long time since a last update.. Sorry…Enjoy this story. Hope you like it  :)