4

Old Crush

It’s been a week now since I started working at the café, after all the introductions when I first came here, Jinyoung took me to his office to discuss some details, afterwards I met the other two that work here. By now I learned quite a bit about them. Jinyoung was 25 years old and opened this café a little more than a year ago, he comes from a rich family but wanted to work on his own, so after he finished college he decided to do what he loved. Youngjae was 20 years old and he is working at the café to fund his college, he is a really sweet guy who smiles brightly and is quite cheerful. Mark is my age and I actually know him from the high school that was close to mine, we barely ever talked back then but we were okey, probably because we were both quiet and a bit antisocial, his friend Jackson used to drag him to our school sometimes because he liked to hang out with Namjoon. Mark is still quiet and I barely see him because he always stays in the back room and comes out only to make a delivery. 
I’ve been working at the register mostly and Jinyoung has been teaching me how to make simple drinks. I also met some nice customers, mostly older people buying pastries for their grandchildren and business people buying their morning coffee, but also some other people. There was Jungkook who came to this town not long ago because of college and liked to come here, order something and sit down to study, it was always nice to see how hardworking he is. There was also Jaebum, who I’m pretty sure came here only because of Jinyoung and the coffee.
Namjoon was nice enough to let me stay a bit longer before I find a place to live on my own, he was happy when he heard I got a job, even though I didn't realise it, he was really worried about me. I’ve been texting Hoseok a lot lately and those were simple texts, but I was always thrilled to receive them. Finally in my miserable life something good is happening. I know it's stupid to be this exited about him since we are just friends, but I can’t help it. I really want to see him again, but I don’t know how to ask him or where should we go or even how to act!


God I’m so tired after work, I still can't get used to waking up real early just to get to work since it’s not close to Namjoons apartment. I just want to lay down on the couch but Seokjin is here so that's not appropriate.
“Hey.” – I say to them hoping they don't hear how much I want them to leave and go somewhere else.
“Hey Yoongi, can you come here for a minute please.” – Seokjin asked me, no he didn't ask me, he told me. I hate it when someone tells you to do something but say it like it's a question, even though you can't really choose. But I guess it's supposed to be polite and Seokjin is a good guy so I’ll listen.
“What's up? Where's Namjoon?
“Oh Joon is in the bathroom. Listen I have these movie tickets that my cousin gave to me and Joon and I can’t go because we have other plans and Jimin doesn't want to go and watch it because it’s a scary movie so I hope you will take them and go watch it with someone.”
“Yeah sure I’ll take them.” – All I could think about is how I can call Hoseok now to and watch with him. I mean even if I didn't like him it's not like I have any other friends to call.
“Oh that's great, I really didn't want them to go to waste.” – He said to me with a gentle smile.


, I can’t calm down, I came too early to the cinema. The movie starts at 10pm and I came 20 minutes earlier. I was so nervous I couldn't stay put, when I told Hoseok that it was a scary movie he almost said no, but luckily he agreed in the end. 
Maybe after 10 minutes or something I spot him at a different entrance looking around, probably looking for me. I decided to sneak up on him since he still hasn’t seen me yet.
“Boo” – I whisper from behind him right next to his ear. He stiffens and slowly moves his head in my direction just to see my stupid smirk. He lets out a breath and hits me on the shoulder.
“Yoongi, why would you do that to me when we’re about to watch a horror movie, you’re terrible.” – I couldn't stop laughing, his face was priceless. After a while he started looking really irritated and I stopped laughing to apologise.
“I’m sorry Hoseokie, I didn't want to offend you, just thought it would be fun.” – He sighed and gave me a little smile.
“Don't worry about it, I’m not offended, now let's go buy some snacks and watch that movie.” – I smiled and let him pull me to the food court.


The movie seemed like a blessing to me. I didn't pay much attention to what was happening, to be honest the movie was kinda boring, but all I could focus on was Hoseok grabbing my hand, tucking his head behind my back and eventually in my lap. I was lucky it was dark in the cinema because I was for sure blushing like a maniac. We are out now and taking a walk, it's a little scary at this hour but calming. Thankfully he isn't mentioning his behavior because if he did I don’t think I could hide my blush.
„So, Hoseok, how did you like the movie?“ – That’s a stupid question, he didn't even look at it.
„Oh well from what I saw and mostly heard, it was ok, did you like it?“ – Huh, so he did pay attention.
„Nah I didn't like it, it was kinda boring to be honest.“ – Seriously though, horror movies shouldn't be ’let’s see how many times we can scare you’, they should have a story and makes you shiver and question what is real and what not. „So do you want some midnight ice cream? I’ll pay.“
„Yeah sure, I’d love that.“ – He said that with a gentle smile, eather he likes ice cream alot, or he’s just happy we aren't talking about the movie anymore, I think both.