1

Old Crush

It’s been hard. My dad died when I was 5 years old, my mom has been depressed ever since and now is an alcoholic. My brother who was a little older than me and was my only support died in a car accident when I was 13. I never went to college because I never had the money for it and honestly I never was much of a student. I was a quiet child and never had many friends, as years went by I had less and less people to hangout with, but it didn’t bother me, I never liked people, always judging you for who your family is, or for how much money you have, only few try to get to know you. After high school I got a job at some fast food place and I’ve been working there until recently because I just got fired and now I have no money and no where to live because the pay was so bad there I couldn’t pay for rent and they made me leave, so I’ve been living on benches for the past week. Now I’m Min Yoongi, 23 years old, broke and homeless.


After two weeks I couldn't take it any more, so I called the only friend I could, Kim Namjoon, 22 years old, underground rapper, luckily he is a really nice person and let me stay with him. He lives in a small apartment with his roommate Park Jimin, 21 years old, and I have no idea what he’s doing or who he is, but if he’s ok with me staying for a while then he’s a cool guy. What I should be doing is looking for a job, but what I’ve been doing is just being depressed on the couch for three days, and I haven't even seen Namjoon much because he’s always somewhere with his boyfriend Kim Seokjin, 23 years old, studying medicine or something, I really don’t know I never really listened to Namjoon ranting about his love life, but from what I did hear he’s sure he’s gonna marry him even though they've only been going out for 5 months. 


I decided to move my and go out to a bar, I don’t drink but that’s really what I need right now. I always thought about going back to my mother, but I don’t think anyone would want to go back to a small apartment that stinks of alcohol with a mother who hates you for looking like her dead husband and for not being in the car instead of your better and more successful brother. I found some random bar and decided to go in. It’s a nice bar, doesn't stink of alcohol and a bit empty, which isn't a surprise since it’s only 9pm. I sat at the bar and ordered a beer because I didn't really know what else. Next to me was sitting some guy who looked familiar and he looked like he was about to cry, or maybe he was just too drunk. Since I had nothing to do and this guy didn't look like he was feeling any better than me I thought I could talk to him. I pushed him lightly by the elbow and he turned to look at me and seemed surprised, that’s when I knew why he looked familiar, he was Jung Hoseok, 22 years old, we used to hangout in high school because he and Namjoon were friends and both liked rap and Hoseok also was an amazing dancer. I never thought I’d see him again because we never were close and also he had this great idea to show people his skills so I didn't think we would ever cross paths. He’s just looking at me and what ever I wanted to say before I forgot. He looks so much more handsome now. Maybe he doesn’t recognize me?
“Hi.”- Is all I could say. His expression softens as he looks at me in the eyes.
“Yoongi! Wow I couldn't recognize you, you look so skinny and pale.”- That’s not really something I wanted to hear but then again Hoseok was always the one to point out the obvious. 
“Um, yeah, hi, It's nice to see you again. What are you doing here? I never thought bars were your thing.”- That was something stupid to say, I haven’t seen him in 4 year and I’m talking like we’re close friends. 
“Oh, well yeah, they aren't.”- Hoseok turned away from me like he was before and put his face into his hands. “I actually wasn't feeling well so I just came here, I myself don't even know why, guess it's just a go to place in these kind of situations.”- Great, now what? I was feelings like and now I bumped into and old friend who looks like he’s felling more ty than me.
“Oh, sorry if I’m bothering you, I just couldn't tell if you were about to cry or were just drunk...”- I panicked a little and I was talking really fast and I didn't even realise that he turned to me and put his hand on my shoulder.
“No, no, no you’re not bothering me, I’m actually glad to see you, It's been a long time since I’ve seen you or even heard about you.”- Well there wasn't really much to hear, and I never went out of course he never saw me. Should I ask him about his problem or should I totally ignore it? I think I'm gonna make it awkward and ask him.
“So.. Do you want to talk about it? I’m sure you can trust an old friend. And maybe you’ll feel better.”- Now I’m not much of a listener, but I kinda want to know why this person who was literally the sun, who smiled sunlight, who was the sunshine of the school, looks like he’s gonna break any second.
“Oh God,”- Hoseok hung his head low and put his other hand up to his eyes - “It's stupid really, I.. just got out of a two year relationship with Taehyung and I’m just having a hard time I guess.”- Taehyung? He’s Hoseoks high school crush. That kid started high school when I was in my 3rd year and Hoseok was in his 2nd, Hoseok fell for him from the start. Did they start going out when Taehyung started college? I’m surprised the kid is gay, he never talked about guys and all the girls in school wanted him for themselves, I just guessed he would like girls.
“So, um, was it a mutual thing, the breakup?”- Stupid! Of course it wasn’t, look at his miserable state. 
“Uh, no.. He umm, just left, he said he didn't want this what was between us anymore and left me...”- Now that hurts, Hoseok adored this kid more than anything.
“I’m sorry about what happened, but I don't think this bar is gonna do you any good, do you maybe want to go out for some ice cream and, I don't know, catch up?”- Did.. did I just ask him out?
He laughed. “Yes sure, I don't even like drinking.”