unplugged

unplugged

 ---

 

For weeks, Jongin has been convinced that bringing himself to finish writing about the physical effects of aluminium on the human body is the most difficult task he has ever had to endure.

With a YouTube playlist open in another tab, he taps his foot against the leg of the chair he's sitting on when the first few bars to a song he'd rather not accidentally blare out loud comes on, and he sinks a little deeper into his seat. The comfort of the red, plushy cushion is the only thing keeping him from hurling his laptop clear across the room when it lags for the nth time that day, and Jongin mentally curses his godforsaken university for apparently choosing to spend its entire (or at least half of it) fundings on chair cushions than actual working computers. On the other hand, it's not like his laptop crashing, like it's done a handful of times that day, would be a total loss given that he's only typed a few words, those being roughly along the lines of his own name and the date, which Jongin is at least a hundred percent he's gotten incorrect.

Jongin adjusts the earbud in his ear and proceeds to glare at the screen, low key hoping that his intense staring will somehow make his essay type itself. It doesn't work, and he curses under his breath before crossing his legs and balacing the gadget in his lap. His gaze flickers upwards and lands on the '4:00 PM' in the upper right hand corner of the screen, reminding him that he's one hour closer to the deadline. Even though he'd rather close down the program he's writing on (or rather, staring at), the mere idea of flunking yet another course and being forced to endure three whole months of Summer school is enough to turn Jongin into an A student, at least according to him. So, while moving his finger across the touch pad, Jongin clicks on one of the many tabs he's opened (and closed) out of complete boredom and proceeds to open his browser history, in which he knows there should be a link to a decent article he opened God knows how long ago. He isn't sure if it was about plants, and he's even less sure if it was about aluminium in the first place, but it's a start, and he remembers it as being somewhat helpful, so he scrolls down the list, which is mostly comprised of his earlier searches of 'If I pray hard enough, is it possible to get an A?' and 'How to get out of Summer school alive'.

Over the faint smell of what he thinks is coffee (which in turn only makes him regret he didn't pick up a cup for himself on the way to study hall), Jongin continues to scroll down the list, to no avail, and he's about to report his Biology teacher for child abuse (Jongin figures any teacher who assigns 30 students a ten page scientific essay three weeks before Summer break should be jailed for life) when the usual cursor is suddenly replaced by the spinning rainbow wheel he's seen at least ten billion times in the past hour. Jongin nearly cries, because at first he's sure his laptop is on the verge of crashing again, and he sits back in his chair, fully awaiting the Apple logo to pop up on the screen in front of him and the agonizing twenty minutes of waiting he'll subsequently have to pull himself through. Except it never comes, and Jongin doesn't know if he should feel relieved or even more pained when the words 'Low Battery', accompanied by a flashing red battery icon, appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Part of Jongin is enthralled, because this means he can get up, walk out and maybe grab a coffee on his way home and simply use the 'ty technology' excuse on his teacher next week, but another, much bigger, pat of him is absolutely terrified, because Jongin knows for a fact that his teacher is going to bring him to the front of the room and whip him with a ruler for flunking yet another one of her assignments this term, and Jongin isn't sure if it's the thought of getting spanked with a ruler in front of his classmates or having to sit through the brain melting boredom that is Summer school that makes him cave in and keep his bottom glued to the chair, but he figures it's probably a combination of the two.

With '3%' flashing repeatedly on the screen, Jongin bites his lip as he grabs his backpack and rummages through it in search of his charger, which he knows he brought (for the first time in a long time) with him this morning. He finds it after a brief struggle of blindly untying his hands from the cord at the bottom of the bag, and the next few moments are spent looking for an outlet. Every outlet in sight is occupied and Jongin mentally screams for not paying attention to the battery percentage earlier, and after he removes his earphones, the faint sound of fingers scattering across keyboards fills the air, as well as muffled murmuring of the students around him. After discreetly turning his head to make sure there aren't any unoccupied outlets by the bookshelves behind him, Jongin sighs and he's seconds away from simply packing up and leaving (right now, he's more interested in the effects of a three hour caffeine withdrawal on the human body than anything else) when he finally spots one, by the squared table a little farther away. It's a double outlet of which both are taken, but even from his position twenty feet or so away, Jongin can clearly tell that the one next to the one belonging to the stranger is plugged into a radiator, and he's about to stand up and head towards the table when his eyes flicker upwards, only to land on a tall (or at least Jongin thinks he's tall, considering his legs can't seem to cross under the table), blond young man he's never seen before, or at least not in study hall. Two seconds later, his computer emits a warning sound, signalling the only remaining percentage left, which is all it takes for Jongin to shove all his thoughts aside and gather up his things, careful not to drop his laptop as he stands up.

Jongin waddles over to the table, only to stop a few feet away. He doesn't consider himself the type to simply sit down at a stranger's table, especially since the stranger in front of him isn't even looking up, but alas, Jongin figures that desperate times call for desperate measures and it's not until his laptop emits yet another sound that he quickly sits down and places it on the table in front of him. He doesn't know if he's just taken somebody else's seat (in his defense, however, it's not like he saw a second coffee cup on the table) but Jongin barely gives it a second thought as he quickly untangles his charger cord and swiftly plugs it into the outlet after unplugging the radiator, nearly falling off his chair in the process.

A second later, the red, flashing light disappears and Jongin lets out an audible sigh over saving the embarrassingly little work he had, and he leans back in his seat. Keeping his eyes glued on the screen, he momentarily finds the link he'd been looking for and clicks on it, swinging his legs back and forth in boredom while he waits for the page to load, but he quickly stops in fear of accidentally kicking the stranger in front of him.

Speaking of the stranger, the first thing Jongin notices about him is his concentrated expression. To be more precise, the way his perfectly groomed eyebrows seem permanently knitted together as his eyes skim across something on his own computer screen before he dips his head down and proceeds to write something down in the notebook beside him. In fact, the expression on his face instantly piques Jongin's curiosity and the latter fights the urge to stand up and walk around the table and check out whatever the young man is staring at. Sehun's (at least Jongin thinks that's his name, given the sticker on the lid of his laptop) coat is hung up and hanging on a hook on the wall slightly behind him and his bleach blond hair, which is perfectly parted in the middle, greatly compliments the light blue blouse he's wearing. For some reason, Jongin finds himself captivated by the way Sehun's fingers grip the pen in his hands as he drags the tip across the paper, almost choreographically, and he forces himself to stop staring a moment later when Sehun lifts his head, presumably to take another look at his laptop.

Blinking a few times to regain focus, Jongin looks at the page in front of him, which has now successfully loaded, and he mentally screams when what looks like ten thousand blocks of pure text (he seems to have an automatic reaction to a huge amount of text, that being pure dread and agony) greet him, and he curses the author of said article before starting to read. Except boredom quickly fills his brain and Jongin finds himself unconsciously selecting and unselecting a large amount of text with the full intention of not pasting it anywhere, his foot impatiently tapping against the floor while hoping somebody would cast a magic spell on him that would enable him to type out his essay in less than ten minutes. The smell of freshly ground coffee beans is even stronger now, as Jongin just noticed, and without moving his head or craning his neck, he can just barely make out the lid to a coffee cup in front of his computer lid. To squash the urge to go down to the cafeteria and buy some coffee, Jongin picks up his earphones, which are still plugged into his computer, but he barely gets a chance to put them in his ears when a certain feeling looms over him - a feeling one would feel if they sensed somebody was standing behind them and looking over their shoulder, except in this case, from the front, and Jongin unconsciously clears his throat before slowly looking up.

Sehun's eyes are extremely warm and Jongin suddenly finds himself feeling like a deer in headlights as the former continues to stare for whatever reason. In his hand, he holds the pen between his index and middle finger, almost like a cigarette, and his hair is as blond as some of the girls' in Jongin's class. At first, Jongin is 100% sure Sehun is staring right behind him, at a person, or a friend, whose seat he'd just taken, and Jongin worries Sehun might cuss him out in front of everybody for taking a seat uninvited. However, the longer Sehun continues to keep his eyes on him, the more Jongin realizes he's staring right at him, and the latter doesn't know if he should squirm in discomfort and choose another place to sit (he figures he'll have to live with his computer dying) or smile shyly and turn his attention back to his work. As much as Jongin wants to open door one, he finds himself going for door two instead and before he knows it, Sehun is smiling back at him and Jongin nods awkwardly before focusing on his screen. He figures that as long as he isn't going to get beaten to a pulp for stealing somebody else's seat everything should be fine.

"Aluminum and the human body, huh?"

Jongin tears his eyes off the text he'd been reading (and not absorbing) and snaps his head up, almost instinctively. "What? How did you-"

"Your face, that's the face of someone who's being forced to write an essay about the effects of aluminium on the human body," Sehun says, rolling up one sleeve and gesturing at Jongin, who blinks in surprise.

Hoping he doesn't look all too freaked out, Jongin raises an eyebrow. Sehun isn't speaking exceptionally loud, but he subtly turns his head to make sure nobody is looking, just in case. "What...how did you-"

"Magic," Sehun says, waving his pen wildly in the air, almost like he's casting an invisible spell. When Jongin only nods awkwardly (even though he won't deny that he found the gesture quite charming for reasons he can't and won't explain), he chuckles a little. "I kid, I kid, I had the same assignment last year when I was in the 11th grade. And before you ask me how I know your grade, it's written on the sticker on your laptop." He looks down and begins writing something in his notebook. "And my friend's in the 11th grade and he's currently working on the same assignment." Looking up, he sends Jongin a small grin. "Not very magic-y, but yeah."

Jongin blinks. With a noise of confusion, he nods a little, trying to ignore how Sehun's voice sounded like honey just now. "Okay," he says quietly, even though it comes out sounding more like a freaked out question than anything, and he proceeds to put his earbuds in his ear. His eyes land on the clock, which reads '4:18 PM' in the upper corner and he bites his lip, figuring he should have at least half a page written out before study hall ends, if that's even possible. Reading the neverending article before him, he sighs when he spots the blond looking at him in his peripheral. "Could you please cut it out?" he huffs, wondering if he's better off working in another room instead, even if his computer is only at 6%.

"I won't demand an apology," Sehun says, leaning forward so his chin is nearly resting on the lid of his laptop. "But at least say you were impressed by my 'reading people' skills," he chuckles before capping his pen and giving it a shake to get more ink flowing to the tip.

Opening up his document, Jongin pastes the block of text he'd just selected from the website into it before his eyebrows furrow a little. The smell of coffee mixed with the fact that he's another hour closer to the deadline and thus Summer school is making him feel awfully anxious and he plays with the font size and the margins. He doesn't see why he owes anybody an apology considering the second half of the table seemed appropriately empty when he sat down. "Why should I apologize?" he mumbles, trying his best to sound disinterested, which sort of works, and he almost fights the urge to tell Sehun to shut up, although he'd probably regret it since there's something about Sehun's tone that makes him want to hear the latter speak for hours on end. "Just focus on your own work and let me do my thing in peace."

"Most people would apologize, or do something along those lines, after unplugging somebody's phone, especially after taking a seat across from them without as much as a word," Sehun says lowly but there's no bite in his voice (in fact, Jongin thinks he sounds rather amused, for whatever reason). When Jongin stays silent, he picks up his iPhone, which is lying beside his notebook and Jongin seriously wonders how he managed to miss it. "I'm expecting a call, can't have it die on me," he laughs.

"I...uh." Jongin blinks, his mouth falling open in surprise when he finally processes Sehun's words, only to nearly choke on his own spit as he fumbles for an apology. He ends up emitting an unattractive, garbled mess of incoherencies that can hardly be interpreted or deciphered as an apology, but in his defense, it's a little difficult to apologize to the person who is chuckling at you from across the table like they've just been told the funniest joke in the entire world. So, hoping Sehun can (somehow) sense his guilt, even though he seriously didn't notice the latter's phone on the table in the first place (although Jongin figures it's mostly his fault for being unable to distinguish an Apple charger from a radiator cable), Jongin clears his throat before sinking a little deeper into his chair. He's never been the type to get embarrassed over things so he absolutely refuses to acknowledge the warmth spreading across his cheeks and entire face. Sehun is laughing so much that Jongin seriously contemplates whether or not he should switch seats even though he knows he won't find an outlet anywhere.

Across the table, Sehun quickly stops laughing (like a maniac, Jongin thinks) when a handful of students turn their heads to glare at them both. After watching Jongin type for a while, he picks up his coffee mug. "I take it you're not the essay type?" he chuckles into his drink before carefully placing it back down on the table.

Nearly pressing down on the wrong key in surprise, Jongin looks up and blinks, as if he hadn't expected Sehun to speak. "Uh...no, no really," he says after a while, fighting the urge to express just how much he despises Science (and school) in the first place. As much as he wants to get back to his work, Sehun's stare makes him open his mouth to add a few more words for reasons he can't explain. "Seriously, it should be illegal to assign your students five pages of work three and a half weeks before Summer break," he mumbles lowly, crossing his legs underneath the table.

After Sehun nods in understanding (even though he seriously looks like the type to ace every single one of his classes, at least according to Jongin), it's not until he picks up his phone that Jongin fumbles for his own charger because as much as he'd rather his laptop didn't die on him, he knows how pissed off he would be if some stranger happened to come along and unplug his phone, even if it was an accident. However, luck doesn't seem to be on Jongin's side (he blames it on his unability to write essays) because somehow, his feet end up getting tangled in the cord (he doesn't know if it's his or Sehun's charger) underneath the table and Jongin inwardly groans while carefully, and soundlessly, pushing his chair back and proceeding to bend down to free himself from the white cord that's currently tangled around his ankle, all whilst subtly looking around and making sure nobody noticed. Now, Jongin doesn't know if he's imagining things or not, but he swears that sees Sehun glaring at him in his peripheral, but Jongin quickly dismisses it and reaches for the cable, only to freeze when he suddenly hears Sehun's voice, again.

"Leave it," Sehun simply says, chuckling in both amusement and concern when Jongin snaps his head up, only to accidentally bang it on the underside of the table. "Since you came here on a whim, I'm guessing yours is in greater need of a refill," he hums, gesturing at Jongin's laptop before nodding towards his phone. "Not to mention it's fully charged, so it's all yours." He picks up his pen and gestures at the outlet with it.

Rubbing the sore spot on his head, Jongin nods slowly, feeling his cheeks redden a little when he practically feels every single pair of eyes pointing in his direction. Muttering a low, barely audible 'Sorry', he sits up straighter in his seat and watches as Sehun closes the lid to his laptop halfway, giving Jongin a perfect view of his notebook. After casting a subtle look at the pages, Jongin isn't quite able to make out the dark blue words that seem to magically appear as the tip of Sehun's pen dances across the paper, but what he does know for sure is that Sehun has godly handwriting; it nearly reminds Jongin of the penmanship done on parchments all those centuries ago back before typewriters and keyboards were a thing and he figures he would have remained gawking at Sehun's side of the table for the rest of the evening if he hadn't cleared his throat and focused on his own work.

"Don't be sorry," Sehun chuckles before taking another sip of his coffee, and he definitely doesn't miss the way Jongin visibly exhales in relief. He's about to send the latter a friendly nod and averted his eyes on his own screen when he suddenly smirks a little. "Actually, you know what."

When his laptop lags for the nth time that day, Jongin bites back a series of curse words before looking up at Sehun. And honestly, he would be lying if he said the smug look on the taller's face didn't make his entire gut stir in a way he can't explain. "Uh...what?" he mumbles, internally panicking because the last thing he wants is for Sehun to expose him as an outlet thief and kick him out of the room.

"I'll forgive you, on one condition," Sehun says, laughing a little when Jongin repeatedly slams his finger down on the 'Enter' key, presumably to refresh the page, after his laptop lags again. "I get to take you out to dinner." He sends Jongin an unreadable look whilst capping and uncapping his pen.

Blinking repeatedly, mainly after realizing that he isn't, in fact, being dragged out of the room by the back of his shirt, it takes Jongin a few moments to process Sehun's words and when he finally does, he emits a loud, unattractive squawk of surprise that thankfully goes unheard over the sound of somebody dropping a book somewhere nearby and thus saving Jongin from a lifetime of embarrassment. As Jongin grabs onto the edge of his laptop for dear life, a result of him flinching in shock and in turn causing it to nearly slide clear off the table, he hurries to untangle the cord, which is still stuck to his foot like a house arrest ankle bracelet, from his ankle. He looks around to make sure that everybody is minding their own business, which they thankfully are, and clears his throat. It's not until Jongin spots Sehun still staring at him in his peripheral that he feels his nerves buzzing, but Jongin figures it's a side effect of nearly having your computer fall to the floor and break (which would in turn lead to him needing to pay God knows how much in cash, which he can't since he's pretty much broke at the moment) and nothing else.

After keeping his gaze fixated on his own screen, which is still in the midst of loading the page, Jongin bites his lip. "Real funny," he mumbles, pressing the 'Enter' key again in hopes of somehow speeding up the process to no avail. He still feels his nerves tingling and he does his best to squash the feeling since he's met quite the jokesters in this university and he absolutely refuses to satisfy their need for cheap laughs (on the other hand, not a lot of the pranksters or unfunny jokesters he's had the displeasure of running into during his three years at uni tended to make jokes specifically about hooking up, but Jongin figures that that's another story, and that Sehun's just special). In front of him, the webpage finally pops up on the screen and Jongin nearly jumps for joy, and he probably would have if it wasn't for the fact that Sehun is still glaring at him from across the table. "What do you wa-"

"So, is that a yes?" Sehun asks, uncapping his pen and sending Jongin a smirk. When the latter squawks in surprise once again, he only puts his hands up in defense before proceeding to write in his notebook again. "How's your essay writing going, by the way?"

Looking up from the article on his screen, of which he hasn't absorbed a single word or letter, Jongin blinks. "Uh...good, I guess?" he says dumbly, eyes quickly flickering down to his computer again the moment Sehun lifts his head to look at him. "...Yeah." He nods lamely for a moment, fighting the urge to ask Sehun why on Earth he even gives a crap before resuming skimming through the ocean of text before him. He practically has to squint to infinity and beyond to even make out a single word since whoever wrote said article didn't enable zoom and apparently chose the tiniest font available.

"And that's why you have yet to type out a single word?" Sehun chuckles, fidgeting with the pen in his hands. Occasionally, his eyes flicker down to his own screen before he proceeds to write something in his notebook, but honestly, even Jongin can tell that he's paying it little attention, if any. Moments later, the doors to the entrance slam closed after a student stands up and leaves.

Jongin blinks, promptly choosing to keep his eyes fixated on Sehun's bleached locks instead of the latter's eyes, which don't look or seem tired in the slightest given the fact that it's nearly five in the evening, although Jongin presumes that his nearly empty cup of coffee is to blame for that. "What are you ta-"

"See," Sehun chuckles, running a hand through his hair, "I actually chose the same exact topic as you last year." He leans back in his chair and gives Jongin a smug look, to which the latter responds by pressing his lips together in confusion.

Unable to tell if Sehun is lying and or simply trying to be funny, Jongin nods as politely as he can before trying to focus on his work. He switches back to the tab containing his document, which is still embarrassingly empty after he made the decision to delete the paragraphs he'd pasted onto it a few minutes ago. In the top right corner of the screen, the number 35% greets him and he briefly wonders if getting up and finding a new place to sit is the best thing to do since his nerves are still buzzing. Subsequently, after uncrossing his legs underneath the table, Jongin nearly jumps out of his own skin when he accidentally kicks Sehun in the shin, causing the latter to look up.

Jongin swallows. "I'm- I'm uh, not interested in passing your essay off as my own," he mumbles awkwardly when Sehun doesn't say anything. Truthfully, he would much, much rather have Sehun hand him his old essay and save him three months of Summer school but, regardless of how much he wants to jump off the nearest bridge, Jongin has enough brains (left) to know that plagiarism simply isn't the way to do it although his tongue is itching to blurt out something along the lines of 'Give me your work so I can hand it in today and not have to spend any more time on this dumb assignment'. In fact, the urge to do so becomes so strong that he has to clear his throat and impatiently tap his fingers on the keyboard to distract himself.

"That's not exactly what I meant," Sehun says, laughing a little. "First of all, you'll never catch me handing out one of my A's to somebody regardless of how cute they might be, and second of all-" He puts two fingers in the air. "-I meant it as in, I could help you." With a small chuckle, he picks up his pen, only to freeze and furrow his eyebrows. "I think I know which teacher you have in Biology, she's a real fuss if I remember correctly, thank God I don't have her."

With his gaze focused on Sehun's coat, which is hanging behind the latter, Jongin runs a hand through his hair, blowing a few strands out of his face. He sort of wants to jump for joy, because God knows he needs all the help in the world right now and, regardless of what his mother might have told him about the dangers of approaching strangers, Jongin would rather risk getting kidnapped and tossed into the back of a white pickup trick than face detention and or Summer school, and he's about to nod his head enthusiastically when he suddenly feels like he's been hit by a bus. "Wait, what did you- What-"

"Sorry not sorry man, she gave my friend four hours of detention for handing somebody an eraser during an exam, you can't blame me for calling her a big fuss," Sehun says, looking up from his notebook. "What, you a teacher's pet?" he adds with a smug grin, revealing a row of pearly white baby teeth, before unplugging the charger from his phone and putting the cable in the pocket of his coat.

"Whydidyouingcallmecute," Jongin croak-garbles, feeling himself growing unexplicably hot for reasons he doesn't even want to think about. On the other hand, he nearly laughs out loud at Sehun's teacher's pet comment, because unless getting yelled at for failing to complete every single assignment, in front of thirty or so students, on a daily basis (which in turn often leads to him needing to run errands for his teacher, so if anything, Jongin would call himself a teacher's slave, but that's another story), qualifies as being a teacher's pet, Jongin figures that he very much isn't so, unlike Sehun probably is. In front of him, the webpage he'd been waiting for for the past two minutes finally shows up on the screen and Jongin doesn't think he's ever been so excited to read about aluminium toxicity in his entire life.

Sehun puts his hands up in defense, although he certainly doesn't look apologetic in the slightest. "I call 'em as I see 'em," he simply says before putting down his pen and typing something on his laptop. After boldly pressing a key, he looks up at Jongin, who is practically trying to hide behind his own screen, with a smile. "So? Y'want my help or not?"

As his eyes (somewhat) skim across the sentences before him, Jongin hurriedly closes out of the webpage. He's sort of thankful Sehun chose to talk to him right at that moment because Jongin definitely doesn't need to see the photos in that article a second time. "Sure, I guess...thanks," he mutters, trying his best to sound grateful, which he most definitely is, it's just that trying to keep a straight face whilst your cheeks feel like they're in the midst of bursting into flames is a rather difficult task. He sort of expects Sehun to stand up, walk around the table and stand by his computer, which is why he feels a great amount of surprise when the blond remains in his seat.

"Great," Sehun says with a glint in his eyes. "Again, on one condition," he says a few seconds later and Jongin nearly cries. "What, you the movie type instead?" He his head to the left and spins the pen around with lean fingers and Jongin can't help but stare in fascination.

"No," Jongin practically yells and he sinks lower into his seat when every single person present in the room sends him dirty looks, save for Sehun, of course, who only laughs into his fist. "I'm not the type to haul my to dates ten minutes after meeting somebody, that's what," he says lowly after leaning in slightly so only Sehun can hear.

Sehun blinks and Jongin can't tell if it's in false surprise or not. "Dates?" he echoes, blinking again. "Who said anything about a date?" he asks in confusion, although Jongin figures it doesn't take a genius to be able to tell that he's doing his very best not to laugh, which only makes the latter blush even harder.

"You did," Jongin blurts out, fighting the urge to cover his mouth subsequently. With a low 'Nevermind', he swallows before sinking even deeper into his chair, if that's even possible, and he's careful not to accidentally touch or bump into Sehun's legs in the process. He's seriously starting to wonder if he'd been better off standing up and simply walking out of the room half an hour ago, because he could definitely get more work done at home at his desk than here, that's for sure.

"I didn't, but okay, whatever floats your boat," Sehun chuckles, shaking his head in amusement. He lowers his head so he's looking at his notebook and it takes everything in Jongin's power not to stand up and peek at the pages. Afterwards, he keeps his eyes glued on his computer screen as his fingers scatter across the keyboards. His perfectly groomed eyebrows furrow in concentration, just like they'd been when Jongin first sat down, but they quickly raise upwards when Sehun looks up, presumably right after sensing Jongin staring at him. "Hm?"

Nearly flinching in surprise, Jongin prays his cheeks don't grow even hotter as he fumbles for a reasonable excuse for trying to sneak a glance at Sehun's side of the table. He wants to say something along the lines of 'Sorry for bothering you', but there's something about the way the blond is staring back at him that briefly makes the filter between Jongin's brain and mouth cut off, and before he knows it, he's blurting out a loud 'What are you working on?', which nearly makes him crawl under the table and hide, especially when Sehun chuckles subsequently.

"Glad you asked," Sehun replies, fiddling with his pen (Jongin figures he's the extremely restless type) as he leans back in his chair. "It's nothing special, just another college application, that's all," he says with a smile before his eyes flicker downwards, back to his screen.

"What do you want to major in?" Jongin blurts out, instantly regretting it when Sehun snaps his head up, like he hadn't been expecting another question. "Uh, sorry, I...sorry, it was nothing--" He's about to open up a new tab (and probably hide under the table momentarily) when Sehun speaks.

"Psychology," Sehun says, eyes softening a little as he looks at Jongin (or at least Jongin thinks Sehun is looking at him, but it's not like he's going to ask). He picks up his coffee cup and takes a sip.

Jongin nods, trying his best not to shudder, because the only memories he has in terms of psychology is failing three exams in a row last year about the topic, as well as, for some reason, getting a 97% on a quiz titled 'How Likely Are You To Be A Psychopath?' back in the seventh grade, and even though he's at least 100% the quiz was a phony, he's been trying his hardest to live it down. On the other hand, if he really did sport psychopathic traits and tendencies, Jongin figures Sehun would have picked each one of them up by now, or, even better (or worse), chosen a new place to sit. Across the table, Sehun's fingers scatter across the keyboard as the latter keeps his pen between his teeth and, as much as Jongin wants to leave it at that and not bother either of them any further, he can't help but bite his lip in curiosity. "That's nice. Uh...why, may I ask?"

After removing the pen from his mouth (surprisingly quickly, almost as if he had been expecting Jongin to ask him that), Sehun shrugs a little. "I've always found humans to be interesting," he says, swinging his pen back and forth, "and I've always been fascinated by the idea of being able to read them." He smirks before sitting up and resting his arms on his laptop. "For instance, judging by the way your legs are crossed, you're biting down and chewing on your bottom lip, your eyes seem to dart back and forth like you can't seem to fixate them on anything, your eyebrows are slightly furrowed, you're constantly pressing down on the touch pad as if you're switching back and forth between tabs, and you're sitting upright in a perfect 90 degree angle, I'd say you're feeling a little bit tense and thus slightly anxious." He slowly leans back in his seat and raises an eyebrow at Jongin, who looks as clueless as a question mark. "Am I correct or should I cancel my application form?"

It takes Jongin half a minute to process Sehun's words and, when he does, he only emits an unconscious series of loud 'Um's before he blinks and relaxes slightly, his spine protesting after being strained for so long. Clearing his throat, he swallows, unsure if he should clap because Sehun was, indeed, correct (almost frighteningly correct, which in turn makes Jongin's spine protest painfully again) or simply cover his face in embarrassment because Sehun seems to know Jongin better than the latter knows himself. Jongin ends up going for option two, figuring that Sehun might as well storm into whatever university he's planning on applying to and force them to accept him, because if he's this good at reading strangers he met merely an hour ago, Jongin figures Sehun has got every chance in the world.

"Send it," Jongin mumbles, voice nearly inaudible as he presses his hands against his face. "Please, send it," he adds for emphasis, slowly dragging his hands down his cheeks when the webpage loads before him. He suddenly feels awfully exposed, even though Sehun only outed him for being anxious and tense, so Jongin figures he shouldn't be feeling all too worried since Sehun at least managed to effecitvely debunk his alleged psychopathic characteristics. He scrolls down said webpage for a few seconds, practically feeling his brain melting away in boredom (although Jongin seriously hopes his boredom isn't showing on the outside in fear of Sehun going off on another deduction ramble).

"How about you?" Sehun asks after a minute, nearly making Jongin fall off his chair in surprise. "I mean, as in, what're you planning on majoring in? I mean, I know you've got another year left but it's always good to start planning early, y'know?" he laughs, putting his pen down and giving Jongin his full and undivided attention, which makes the latter clear his throat.

Jongin blinks as he scratches the back of his head. He doesn't know what to say to that, considering that he usually doesn't even plan his meals on a regular basis, so he has no idea how he'll manage to plan out his future career. A moment later, the door slams shut after a group of students leave the room. "I...dunno," he says lamely and clears his throat when Sehun sends him a look that practically screams, 'I won't take that for an answer'. "I dunno, uh, dance, I guess? You know, choreography?" He nods slowly and nearly chuckles, because now that he thinks about it, he definitely wouldn't mind majoring in said topic, mainly because it's one of the very few things he admits that he's relatively good at, besides perhaps sleeping until four in the afternoon, but Jongin figures there aren't any check boxes for that option. "...Yeah."

Sehun raises his eyebrows in surprise, as if he definitely hadn't been expecting that answer, and Jongin doesn't know if he should interpret that as a good or a bad sign. "Choreography, huh?" he says, mainly to himself, like he's still trying to process it. "That's..." He eyes the pen in his hands like it's an unidentified creature from outer space before looking up and sending Jongin a bright smile. "That sounds awesome."

Clearing his throat in humiliation, Jongin nods in agreement before focusing on his screen, even though he's not absorbing a single word he's reading. "It is, I guess," he says with a shy smile, and he figures that as long as Sehun doesn't ask him to get up and dance he'll be fine.

"Don't look so embarrassed," Sehun chuckles, nearly making Jongin want to smack him in the face. "I meant it, you know. I mean, I don't know a lot of guys who like dancing, let alone choose to major in it later on in life, but that's really cool." He nods at Jongin, who looks away shyly. "I haven't seen you dance or anything, but I definitely think you'd be great. And don't worry, I won't ask you to demonstrate or anything," he adds and Jongin nearly collapses in relief.

Jongin smiles again, mentally beating himself up because a guy with a baby blue shirt and white-ish yellow hair parted straight down the middle shouldn't be able to make his nerves stir, as least not as much as they are right now, and he feels his chest growing hot, but he figures it's mainly due to the topic of dancing getting brought up in the first place. "Thanks, I bet you'll do well, too," he says in a surprisingly shaky voice before his stomach rumbles, promptly reminding Jongin of the fact that he's yet to fulfill his need for caffeine for the day, and he's about to stand up and walk to the cafeteria when Sehun raises an eyebrow.

"...Where're you going? You done already?" Sehun asks in curiosity, looking at Jongin with wide eyes, placing his arm directly onto his notebook when the latter moves to get out of his seat.

"Need some coffee," Jongin mutters, hoping he doesn't collapse as a result of both his legs falling asleep as he stands up straight. Not to mention he seriously needs a break away from just about everything right now, because his stomach is doing soumersaults and something tells him it's not because of the caffeine withdrawal. In front of him, Sehun picks up his cup. "I'll...uh, see you...later, then, I...guess?"

"There should be enough left," Sehun says after removing the cup from his lips, his arm still on top of his notebook. "Hopefully it's not too cold, feel free to blame me in that case." His grin is so disgustingly bright that Jongin hopes he doesn't go blind.

As he stands behind his chair, rather awkwardly, Jongin presses his lips together as he eyes the coffee cup before him, after Sehun extracted his hand. He doesn't have an issue with cold coffee, it's just that sharing cups with somebody else sort of makes his gut churn. However, despite being the germaphobe he is, Jongin, fully blaming it on the fact that if he doesn't get some caffeine in his system in two minutes, he'll go insane, finds himself downing the remainder of Sehun's coffee less than ten seconds later like his life depended on it, and Jongin feels his entire body spring back to life after swallowing the very last drop.

At some point during his coffee inhalation, Jongin must have sat back down in his chair, because the next thing he knows, he's staring at the webpage on his computer after Sehun promptly takes his cup back. Surprisingly enough, Jongin doesn't feel nearly as agonized as he did a mere hour ago upon laying his eyes on the seemingly endless rows of scientific texts before him.

"I take it that it wasn't ice cold, then?" Sehun chuckles, closing one eye and peering into the cup through the mouthpiece. "Jeez, and I thought my brother was an addict." He shakes his head in amusement before setting it back down on the table, removing his arm from the pages and picking up his pen again. Somehow, he's managed to get ink in his hair and it takes every fiber in Jongin's body not to ask how on Earth it got there.

"Nope," Jongin says childishly as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. With the caffeine in his system, he feels himself growing even more restless and he swings his legs back and forth whilst watching Sehun write something in his notebook. Now that Jongin thinks about, he doesn't think he's seen Sehun turn the page even once, which only makes his curosity regarding what on Earth Sehun could possibly be writing grow even stronger than before. In fact, Jongin is seconds away from asking about it when something else hits him and the restlessness he'd been feeling mere seconds ago is quickly replaced with a hot feeling of shame. ", sorry, I didn't...was I not...I mean, sorry, damn it--"

Sehun puts up a hand. "No probs," he says sincerely, picking the empty cup up and successfully chucking it in the garbage can a few feet away, Jongin's jaw nearly hitting the floor in amazement. "If anything, it's a good thing since if I remember correctly, you're not allowed to bring drinks and stuff on the bus," he adds before stretching his long limbs and checking the time on his phone.

Blinking in confusion, Jongin watches Sehun run a hand through his (ink stained) hair, and it's not until the latter places a hand on the lid of his laptop that his eyebrows furrow. "What do you mean? Wait, what...what are you doing?" he asks, a sinking feeling settling in the depths of his gut after Sehun stands up and reaches for his coat. "Wait-"

With his hand resting on the lid to his computer, Sehun looks up before sending Jongin a funny look. "Hm?"

"Where are you going?" Jongin blurts out and nearly smacks himself afterwards. He clears his throat and sinks a little deeper into his seat, keeping his eyes glued on the ad for some dating site on the screen in front of him. He subsequently hears a low chuckle and immediately feels his cheeks redden.

Sehun types a few things on his computer before sending Jongin a friendly smile. "Home," he hums before pressing the 'Enter' key, presumably sending in his application, and moving to close the lid. He seems to eye Jongin for a while before shrugging nonchalantly. "Strict mother, y'know."

Nodding slowly, Jongin in his lower lip as he pretends to be deeply invested in whatever he's (not) typing, choosing not to look at Sehun in fear of doing or saying something he'll definitely regret afterwards. He figures once Sehun leaves the room, he'll be able to spread his things out across the table and perhaps charge his phone, as well. Now that Jongin thinks about it, his computer is nearly fully charged but since it has a history of randomly dying on him despite being charged to the brim, he decides to keep it plugged in. Not to mention Jongin really doesn't want the sight of him tangled in the charger cord a second time to be the last thing Sehun sees before the latter leaves the room.

As he keeps his head lowered, Jongin tries to ignore the heavy feeling in his gut as he retrieves his earphones, because if there's anything that's more embarrassing than accidentally getting yourself tangled in your own computer's charger cable, it's sitting at a table all by yourself, and Jongin is halfway through tugging on the wires (that somehow managed to get overly tangled in his pocket) when he senses a certain movement in his peripheral, instantly causing him to look up.

"But I guess she can wait," Sehun simply says before promptly getting back in his seat and leaning back in it, and he definitely doesn't miss the way Jongin's eyes flash. He wastes no time in picking up his pen and pressing it against his notebook paper. "Any progress?" Looking up, he crosses his legs. "And are you a natural brunet, by the way?"

Trying his very hardest not to get out of his seat and run in circles all around the room, Jongin tries squashing the feeling of euphoria spreading across his chest as he hurriedly puts his earphones away (maybe a little too hurriedly, since he ends up banging his fingers against the edge of the table). Sehun seems to be staring into his soul and he shies away before looking at his screen and switching back to the tab containing his document. Only his name and today's date stare back at him and Jongin bites his lip. "No and no," he says before he blinks, still trying to shove the lightweight feeling in his head aside. "Wait, what- How did you-"

"Your black roots are showing," Sehun chuckles and Jongin makes a mental note to pick up some chestnut brown hair dye on his way home later. "So, did you want my help with that or not? Seeing as, well, you know, you're still clicking back and forth between different tabs," he adds with a small laugh although in no way is he trying to sound cocky.

"Uh," Jongin mumbles, scratching the back of his ear, shoving the urge to ask Sehun if the latter is a natural blond (which he most definitely knows the answer to, so he figures it would be downright idiotic to even ask) aside. "That would be nice," he says with a genuine smile, hoping the corners of his lips don't quiver as he looks at Sehun. "But-"

"Awesome," Sehun says in a cheerful tone, clapping and rubbing his hands together. "So-,"

"-I'm not gonna go to-"

"-dinner or a movie?" Sehun  his head sideways and spins the pen around in his hands. Even though the brunet isn't saying anything, Sehun definitely doesn't miss the way the shy smile that creeps up his lips. "Well?"

"...Didn't know asking for help with some stupid assignment equated to allowing yourself to be forced on a date," Jongin mumbles although he chuckles soon afterwards. He sits in silence for a moment before clearing his throat. "No seriously, Sehun, if I don't turn anything in to Miss she'll flunk me and make me go to Summer school," he whines, pouting a little, not even bothering to acknowledge just how childish he sounds.

Shrugging, Sehun laughs a little. "Ain't my fault your teacher's a ," he snickers before lowering his head to look at his notebook, pen scurrying across the page. "Researching isn't that hard, you know, no matter how lazy you might be," he adds, raising an eyebrow in Jongin's direction, making the latter pout even more. After writing a few more things, he caps his pen before looking up. "That was a test, by the way."

Jongin raises an eyebrow. Studying, and researching, for that matter, has never been his strong suit and he doesn't think that'll be changing anytime soon, no matter how much Sehun tries to talk him into it (not to mention, Jongin figures, that an aspiring university student doesn't and will never understand the struggles of completing even the simplest of assignments on time). "...What do you mean?" he asks, lowering his voice as a student walks past their table.

As the door closes with a bang, Sehun chuckles low in his throat. "Truth is, I don't have anywhere to be, and my Mother's the biggest softie in the world," he laughs, his laughter only doubling (making Jongin real thankful that the room is practically empty) when Jongin's mouth falls open in surprise. "I mean technically, I'm supposed to go to this weird game store thing with my friend Zitao but we'll see if he remembers to call me about it since that er loves to sleep," he mumbles and Jongin nearly laughs out loud because he can definitely relate. "Honestly, I was mainly just testing you to see how you'd react to me leaving and, judging by your composure a moment ago, I'd say you want me here. Am I right or should I be regretting sending in my application?"

Of frickin' course, Jongin thinks, fighting the urge to drag his hands down his face in both exasperation and amusement. This guy, I swear to God. "No, it's...it's fine, you did the right thing by sending it in, don't undo it," he mumbles, running a hand through his hair. "You're, uh...you're right, by the way," he adds and immediately regrets it afterwards. .

"Told you," Sehun retorts with a smug grin. "Man, I'm getting better and better at this," he says, mainly to himself, as he wipes his pen with the hem of his shirt. "Anyway, if I may ask--" He leans in closer and eyes the brunet, who looks away. "Why do you want me to stay? I mean, you know, since the brain usually finds itself in its most peaceful state when it's not, in fact, surrounded by people and loud noises, but hey, everybody's different."

Fidgeting with the cord to his charger, Jongin shrugs, but he tries keeping his expression as neutral as possible in case Sehun decides to "read him" again. "It's just...I dunno, it's lonely sitting here all by myself, I guess," he mutters, mentally smacking himself over how shy he sounds.

Sehun eyes Jongin for a minute before nodding slowly, the brunet missing the smirk on his face while he leans back in his chair. "Alrighty, whatever floats your boat," he hums before picking up his phone.

Fingertips sliding across the touch pad for a few more moments, Jongin promptly gives up on trying to find any useful information a second later, figuring he'll have to mentally list different ways he'll be able to entertain himself during Summer school in a few weeks before leaning back in his seat and stretching his legs (this time, he actually does bump them into Sehun's, but strangely enough, Jongin can't bring himself to care). So that explains the call he was expecting, he thinks to himself before nodding. He watches Sehun, who is practically perched on his chair like an owl as he texts somebody, presumably Zitao, on his phone, for a while. Jongin has to remind himself to tear his eyes off the blond when his staring starts to enter creepy grounds and his eyes roam around the room as they both sit on opposite sides of the table in comfortable silence.

However, it's not until Sehun picks up his pen with his right hand that Jongin feels his curiosity piquing yet again, and the only thing that's keeping him from getting up and walking around the table and sneaking a peek at Sehun's notebook is that doing so would probably, no, definitely qualify as awfully strange, at least in Jongin's book (and in Sehun's book, too, he's certain). So Jongin remains glued in his seat, occasionally trying to crane his neck to get a better view of whatever Sehun is writing (not that it really matters, but even so), and Jongin is briefly irritated his computer lid which is blocking his view.

As he looks around the room, after giving up on trying to peek in fear of Sehun possibly noticing, Jongin is surprised to see that nearly every chair (and couch) in the entire study room is empty and that he and Sehun are the only ones remaining, save for some random person in the way corner who seems to come here on a daily basis (the nerd, Jongin thinks). The green light on his charger USB turns on, signalling that his computer is at 95%, but Jongin doesn't even think about unplugging it for reasons unknown, and he continues to stare at Sehun while the latter drags his pen across the surface of the paper.

Now, Jongin doesn't know if asking Sehun what he's writing, given that the latter has yet to turn the page (unless he's too busy trying to perfect his handwriting, that is, which wouldn't be very strange if it wasn't for the fact that he's been writing on the same page for the past hour), would be considered weird and or intrusive, but then again, Jongin figures it shouldn't be that big of a deal considering that Sehun did start their conversation by asking Jongin what the latter was doing (to be precise, Sehun successfully nailed the subject Jongin was writing about, but still). So, with his lower lip inbetween his teeth, Jongin watches Sehun for a few more seconds before opening his mouth, figuring he'll have to endure his Mother's hour long speech about the potential dangers of talking to strangers (which, now that Jongin thinks about it, Sehun's Mother never seemed to give the latter in his life) when he gets home.

Except Jongin barely gets a chance to utter the first few words to his question when a loud sound suddenly fills the room, nearly making him jump out of his seat in surprise. He subsequently realizes it to be that of Sehun's ringtone and Jongin watches, wide eyed, as Sehun prompty puts his pen down before looking up, his lips curling upwards as he proceeds to get out of his seat.

"Looks like he wasn't asleep," Sehun chuckles as he holds his phone. However, instead of putting it by his ear, he sends Jongin a mildly stern look, even though his face is sporting a rather secretive grin. "I'll be back in a minute, however, don't you dare peek at any of this, alright?" He gestures to his laptop and notebook, which he subsequently closes.

Jongin blinks, too busy staring at the hem of Sehun's belt to focus on the latter's words. His brain somehow manages to process them a minute later, somehow, and he blinks again. "What, uh...what-" He runs a hand through his hair unconsciously when Sehun doesn't tear his eyes off him.

"That little glint in your eyes makes me think you're the curious type, but feel free to prove me wrong in a minute," Sehun replies, the phone still ringing in his hand and Jongin is surprised he isn't bothered since the room isn't completely empty, after all. "No seriously dude, don't peek at any of my stuff," he says for emphasis, raising a cocky eyebrow in Jongin's direction.

"And what if I do?" Jongin doesn't know if it's the cockiness in Sehun's voice or the fact that his chest feels exceptionally warm right now that makes him blurt it out, but he doesn't want to know. All he knows is that he immediately regrets it the second the words escape his lips, especially when Sehun laughs loudly.

Sehun is silent for a minute before he smirks a little. "Then there'll be consequences," he simply says, but there's no bite in his voice. He glances at his phone once before sending Jongin a nod. "I'll-"

"What kind of consequences?" Jongin asks, avoiding Sehun's eyes as he keeps his eyes glued on the screen in front of him. Yup, he figures he's definitely crossed the line and reached the point of no return and wandered deep into creepster-like territories, but he can't bring himself to care, even though he probably should. 

Pressing down on the green 'Answer' button on his phone, Sehun simply sends Jongin a smug look before standing up straight.  "You'll see," he says before walking around the table and past Jongin, the latter immediately getting a whiff of strawberry and men's cologne when he walks by. In fact, Jongin is way too occupied with trying to clear his head that he barely even registers the sound of the door closing ten seconds later.

Trying to distract himself from the rather pleasant scent, even though he never would have thought that fruits and mint could smell this nice, Jongin sits glued in his chair for what feels like an eternity, staring blankly ahead of him as he vaguely hears a 'Hello?' on the other side of the doors a few feet away. His computer is now fully charged and his heart is racing for reasons he can't explain, his eyes focused on computer in front of him, the one that isn't his, and Jongin briefly wonders why Sehun didn't bother closing it after he left the room. Figuring somebody, probably the nerd in the corner, must have opened a window to rid the room of its current stuffiness, Jongin shivers and proceeds to reach for the zipper to his sweater. Except he doesn't feel it anywhere but he barely pays it any mind.

It feels weirdly empty without Sehun around, as strange as it sounds, and Jongin fidgets with the edge of the table as he swings his legs back and forth, careful not to get his foot caught in the cable again. The gaping emptiness in front of him, the chair that's now hauntingly empty, makes Jongin bite his lip as he closes the lid to his own laptop. His eyes roam around the room for a while, but boredom quickly overtakes him and, before he knows it, Jongin's eyes go back to eyeing Sehun's computer, especially his navy blue notebook, which is closed next to it. Now, he doesn't consider himself to be the nosy, curious type (regardless of what his friends and parents might say), but there's something about the book that makes the brunet's fingers itch with curiosity and the need to at least touch it. Because he figures that no matter what Sehun might have written, Jongin figures it must have been something amazing, like a novel, and even though he hates reading, Jongin can't help but feel even more intrigued by the thought, and subsequently remembering that Sehun has the handwriting of a God (or at least somebody living in the 1700s, back when they were sort of forced to write nicely) certainly doesn't make things better.

It's strange, really, because it's nearly five thirty (after doing some quick math, Jongin comes to the conclusion that the study room closes in roughly ten minutes) and Jongin really needs to go to the bathroom, so he figures he might as well pack up and head home afterwards considering that the teachers are only gonna kick him out the minute he comes back anyway. But there's something that's holding him back, and Jongin curses under his breath when he's unable to stand up and get out of his chair. His eyes automatically flicker to the notebook, which he's gotten a much, much better view of now that he's closed his own laptop and, after a few minutes of mentally contemplating if what he's about to do will be worth getting yelled at by none other than Sehun afterwards, Jongin quickly turns his head to make sure nobody is looking (not that he'd expected anybody to, since the room is quite literally deserted, but still) before spinning around in his seat and sneaking a glance at the doors, which are firmly closed. Jongin can't see Sehun through the glass walls but he figures the latter must be close by (Jongin figures Sehun isn't that much of an idiot to leave all his belongings behind, save for his phone). Jongin really doesn't think that peeking at the belongings to somebody who offered you their coffee is the nicest thing to do, but then again, Jongin figures that if Sehun doesn't want him to peek, he shouldn't have been so secretive in the first place. It's kind of an unfair comparison, but all reasons aside, Jongin knows he won't be able to leave and go home until he's found out what Sehun is hiding amongst the pages.

So, after a minute of contemplation, Jongin stands up so he's practically bent over the table, since he doesn't want to stand up and walk to Sehun's side in fear of the latter possibly walking in the door unexpectedly, and he quickly reaches out until his fingers grasp the book. As his nerves buzz in curiosity and excitement, Jongin mentally braces himself for what he might see; a manuscript for a future play? A novel? The coolest masterpiece he's ever laid his eyes on? A short story? Lyrics to a song? He has absolutely no idea and, after looking behind his shoulder, Jongin bites his lip before sliding the notebook slightly towards him to get a better view. What if Sehun is secretely an art genius? Or a writing genius? A future Shakespeare in playwriting? The mere idea makes Jongin's eyes glitter in wonder.

The words 'Oh Sehun - Class 12A' greet Jongin after he takes a look at the cover. It's a rather simple notebook, the type you'd expect your usual high school student to carry around, and Jongin quickly scans his surroundings before grasping the cover lightly, like it's a grenade about to go off, and slowly lifting it up, only to nearly fall off his chair laughing (mainy at himself) when a row of scientific vocabulary words greet him on the first page. As boring and frightening as the words before him might look, and even though it certainly isn't anything Shakespeare worthy, Sehun's handwriting sure is godly and Jongin fights the urge to pull out his phone and take a photo of the page to use as a reference in case he were to decide to take up handwriting classes, for whatever reason that may be. It really isn't a surprise why Sehun seems to spend hours on a single page, even if he's just taking notes from his computer, because Jongin figures it must take him at least ten minutes to perfect a single letter.

Continuing to turn the pages, Jongin's jaw nearly hits the floor when he sees page after page of notes, vocabulary words and God knows what else, all written in perfect cursive and calligraphy. The words all seem to be written like they've been glued on the line and Jongin blinks in awe because if anything, judging by what he's seeing as he turns the pages one by one, Sehun's handwriting seems to get progressively better and smoother as time goes by (not that it wasn't already jaw dropping on the first page, but still). Now that Jongin notices, Sehun seems to have a tendency to doodle stars and what he thinks is tiny animals in the upper right hand corner of every page, and as awesome as they may look, they're nothing compared to the blond's writing. In his peripheral, Jongin sees Sehun's pen, gold lined and capped, and he seriously wonders if there's something about the ink in that thing that makes everything it touches look like the product of the most famous playwright.

As he flips through the pages, Jongin continues to feel even more like an intruder who's broken into some famous person's house and is currently raiding their stack of private belongings (which he essentially is, but still), which is why he decides to close the book and put it back in its original position before Sehun gets back. Jongin makes a mental note not to fanboy over how awesome he thinks the blond's penmanship is while also making sure not to tell his Mother about any of this since she'd certainly ground him for a month. He hears Sehun's voice getting louder outside the door as the latter heads towards the doors, and Jongin moves to close the book and sit back in his seat. However, he finds himself unconsciously flipping the page again and, over the sound of the door opening behind him, Jongin's eyes seem to stare, unblinking, at the dark blue calligraphy before him that seems like it's taken three years to complete, words that practically take up two whole pages. He barely even registers the sound of the door opening behind him over the way his lips quickly curl upwards, an impossibly wide grin spreading across his face.

 

 

I told you, no peeking!

(Although I could tell by the way your eyes constantly flickered to the book and my pen that you were practically dying to do so, but still, you're lucky you're so darn cute^)

Since your curiosity did, indeed, get the best of you, there will, like I said, (unfortunately) be consequences, so...

I'm afraid (or happy, either one works) to say that I now owe you dinner (judging by the way you inhaled my coffee earlier, I'd guess you're the café type?) and a horror movie of your choice (you also seem like the type to jump and scream impossibly loud at jumpscares, so I also owe you the full right to grab onto my arm and hide your face in my coat during the scary parts). How does tomorrow at 7:00 sound? ^_^

Oh and, by the way, I never got the chance to tell you, but your sweater's inside out, you should probably fix that. ;3 On the other hand, pink suits you extremely well!! ^^ 

 

 

---