#03

Pick Me!

 

 

 

“Never mind, I could just see him later,” Aeri said, which make Donghyun smiled right away.

Aeri who saw the smile quickly teasing him, “You are really bad at hiding your feelings right?”

“Well, why should I?” Donghyun blushed, “Don’t you have to reply the message? He might be waiting for you if you didn’t reply.”

“You’re right,” Aeri quickly typed something.

 

Today

Aeri :  I think I couldn’t make it today. 4:20pm Read

Woojin : Hm. Okay then. See you next time then 4:21pm Read

 

“Done,” She said with a bright smile pasted on her face.

“You look like you really hate him.” Donghyun .

When will they ever stop teasing each other? And this is not even the end…

“It’s not that I hate him. I just… annoyed with him? That would be more accurate.” Aeri tried to explain the actual situation to Donghyun.

“But still, the fact that you didn’t like him.” Donghyun wouldn’t want to lose in some way.

Aeri rolled her eyes, “Well, you weren’t wrong too.” She shrugged. “It’s true that I don’t like him but that doesn’t mean I hate him right?”

“But it does look like you hate him.” He frowned, when will he ever stop?

“You sound like you really want me to hate him?” Aeri finds it weird how Donghyun insisted in saying that she hates Woojin.

“Well, if you hate him, it will be good to me.” He muttered under his breath.

“Did you say something?” She asked as she thought she heard Donghyun mumbling alone.

“No, nothing.” Donghyun passed an awkward smile to Aeri, but still looks cute in her eyes.

How I wish you could stop smile at me? I… keep falling for you….

“Oh, yes.” She paused, “You said you have a song for me right?”

“Ah, that song,” He stuttered, “Actually… I’m not done with it yet.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“Are you even serious?” Her eyes widen, “I skipped the discussion because of your unfinished song?”

“I…….” He paused and looked around to find a chance to run away from Aeri.

“I what?” When Aeri was about to hit with Donghyun, he quickly stand up and leave his guitar behind to save himself.

“Kim Donghyun!!!!!” Aeri shouted when she saw he’s running away.

Donghyun fasten his pace when he saw Aeri was right behind him, “I’m sorry, I will play it for you next time, I promise.” He said while running.

“You just need to stop running,” She stopped, grasped for a breath, “I’m tired.”

When Donghyun was about to turn back and go to Aeri, someone approached Aeri from the back.

“That’s,” Donghyun said as he could recognize the boy, “What is he doing here?” He rolled his eyes.

The boy grabbed both of Aeri’s shoulders who were panting in the middle of hallway, “Are you okay, Aeri?”

“I’m okay,” Aeri replied without knowing who was behind her right now.

The boy helped Aeri to stand up and only then Aeri realized with whom she has been talking to.

“Youngmin?” She startled, pushing her body away from the boy. “I’m sorry.” She said before bringing herself as far as possible from Youngmin, the guy who brought too much problem into her life.

“There’s something happen between them,” Donghyun mumbled alone as he watched them.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

 “I like that guy,” Seyeon pointed out to a guy who was sitting not far from them.

“That guy?” Aeri examined the boy, “Not bad.”

“His name is Im Youngmin. He was the president of Dance Club.” Seyeon introduced Youngmin to Aeri like she knows him better than everyone else.

“Was? That’s mean he is not the president of Dance Club at this moment right?” She frowned when she heard the word ‘was’.

Seyeon nodded, “I don’t know why he resigned, but yeah.”

“I thought you know everything about him.” Aeri .

Aeri turned her attention back to Youngmin. He’s so… Why is my heart…

“Aeri?” Seyeon tapped her shoulders when she noticed Aeri was spacing out, “Oh God, Don’t you ever think about liking him okay, Jung Aeri? I will kill you if I ever knew you like him, too.” Seyeon warned her teasingly, even if it sounds serious.

“What?” She stuttered, “No way,” She shook her head.

“Great then.” Seyeon shrugged.

“Instead,” She paused, took a deep breath before continue her words, “I will help you, to get close to him.”

“You have to be kidding me?” She laughed at her best friend’s words.

“Why?” She pouted, “You can’t believe me?”

“No, it’s not that I can’t believe you. It’s weird, for you to say that you’re helping me.” She giggled.

“I can’t even help my own best friend?” Aeri rolled her eyes.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

“Hi,” Aeri knocked the table as she greeted him.

Youngmin who was reading a book at that moment, startled to see a girl was standing right in front of him, when he lowered his book. He looked around to make sure that the girl wasn’t talking to anyone else but him.

“I’m talking to you,” Aeri said when she saw Youngmin was looking around as if he didn’t know that Aeri is here for him.

“Me?” Youngmin closed the book on his hand and put it aside, “How can I help you?”

“Can I sit?” Aeri bluntly said, asking for his permission.

Youngmin nodded his head. Aeri settled herself on the chair and stared at Youngmin for quite a long time.

Am I doing the right thing now? I just feel wrong about it. She thought.

“So?” Youngmin started the conversation when there’s no word coming out from Aeri.

“Oh, yes,” She remember the reason why she’s here; to help Seyeon. “Apparently, my friend likes you so, I wanna ask if you free tomorrow?”

“Are you sure that it’s your friend who likes me?” He smirked, “It’s not you, huh?”

Aeri blushed, why the he must said that right in front of me. Oh God, I swear to God, I’m burning right now. She cupped both of her cheeks and at the same time she was trying to avoid the stares given by Youngmin.

“I’m kidding.” Youngmin smiled, “So what’s your friend’s name?” He asked in interest.

“Bae Seyeon. Her name is Bae Seyeon.” She calmly answers it.

“If I go out with her, will you come along?” Youngmin carefully asked.

Aeri startled by the question but answer it anyway, “Well, depends on the situation.”

“Hm,” He hesitated, “I will only go if you’re around.” He tried to negotiate with her.

“Okay,” She gave up, “I’ll be there.”

“This is my number, text me the place later,” Youngmin passed a note with his number on it, “I need to go.” He waved his hand to Aeri and smiled.

I really wish you could stop smiling at me. It’s killing me.

As soon as Youngmin leave the scene, Seyeon rushed towards her best friend and took a site beside her, “How was it?” She asked.

Aeri gave the note to Seyeon. Seyeon took a look at the note and she let out a broad smile; obviously happy with what she had in her hand.

“Thank you, Aeri. I owe you one.” She held both of her hand while thanking her only best friend.

If only she knows what’s in Aeri’s mind, she wouldn’t probably thank her right now.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

Tomorrow rolled too fast, she will join Seyeon for her first date.  She never thought of joining it but since Youngmin said he won’t come if she isn’t around, she couldn’t help but agree with his condition.

Well, she was trying to hook up Seyeon with him but why she felt like she’s the one who ate the bait right now?

They decided to spend their evening at the café near school since they couldn’t go too far; as Youngmin said he has dance practice later; she thought he already quit the Dance Club.

Aeri was spacing out, thinking about how she should handle this situation. She really wants Youngmin and Seyeon to be real but at the same time; it’s the first time ever she ever had this kind of heartbeat. She’s nervous for today as if she’s the one who is on date.

“I’m sorry that I was kind of late.” Youngmin took a sit in front of Aeri.

Aeri startled when she saw Youngmin, she could feel that her heart beat too fast right now. There’s no way to stop it.

“Hi,” Seyeon blushed as she looked at Youngmin.

“Oh, so you’re Seyeon. Am I right?” Youngmin said but his eyes kept glancing at Aeri.

As usual, Aeri tried to avoid the stare given by him as she’s afraid that she will looked obvious about being nervous to have Youngmin in front of her.

“So what do you want for drink?” Youngmin politely asked the girls who were obviously waiting for him for quite a long time; he needs to complete some works before leaving so there’s nothing he could do.

“Vanilla latte for me and,” Seyeon turned her attention towards the girl beside her, Aeri just shrugged, “hazelnut milk tea for Aeri.” She smiled.

“Okay then,” Youngmin excused himself to go and get the drink; he needs to at least be gentleman in this situation. That’s the only way he could attract her attention.

“He’s cute right?” Seyeon said as soon as she sure that Youngmin is far enough from them.

“Um,” She hummed to answer the question.

“Are you okay, Aeri?” Seyeon asked.

“Yeah,” She answered it half-heartedly.

How do you expect me to be fine if….

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

It has been few times Seyeon met Youngmin; and Aeri wouldn’t miss it even for once. If Aeri wasn’t there then Youngmin wouldn’t be there too. Isn’t it too much though? Aeri tried to pair up Youngmin with Seyeon but it seems like it won’t work anyway. Since Youngmin will not leave her alone.

 

Today

Youngmin: See you later pretty! 3:20pm Read

Aeri: Pretty? 3:22pm Read

Youngmin: Yes. Pretty. 3:22pm Read

Youngmin: You. 3:22pm Read

Aeri: When will you stop, seriously? 3:23pm Read

Youngmin: I won’t stop. 3:23pm Read

Youngmin: Because I like you 3:24pm Read

Aeri: … 3:28pm Read

Aeri: Please don’t joke around, Youngmin 3:28pm Read

Aeri: I set you up with Seyeon, not me 3:29pm Read

Youngmin: Whatever, see you later. 3:30pm Read

 

Why is he doing this to me? It’s making my life harder. Seriously.

Aeri never thought that her friend’s crush going to be her ing first love. If she ever know that this going to happen, she won’t approach Youngmin at the first place. She should just ignore him when Seyeon showed him to her. She should just walk away and never look back.

And now she was regretting it.

Yes, she likes Youngmin. But still, how can she betray her own best friend for a guy? She knows she won’t do that but it was her feelings that we were talking about.

No one can stop our own feelings for liking someone. It just comes and goes; like seasons. And the more you hide your feelings, the more you will fall for them; that’s what at least she believe.

She knows she was supposed not to like Im Youngmin; but she did.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

Aeri was waiting for Seyeon and Youngmin at the café. Seyeon would never be late but she is today. Aeri looked around in wish to see her best friend as soon as possible but no; Youngmin is the one who she saw was coming towards her.

She sighed.

“Are you waiting for me, miss?” Youngmin said, with a sneaky smile on his face.

Aeri rolled her eyes and ignore the stare was given by Youngmin.

Please, Youngmin. Please. Don’t do this to me. She begged for his mercy, deep in her heart.

“Can I sit here?” Youngmin said and took a sit infront of her.

“You’re already sitting there. Why even bother asking?” Aeri complained.

“Aeri,” He called for her name but there’s no answer from her, “Aeri, look at me.”

“Where is Seyeon? Why she’s not coming?” Aeri muttered, but loud enough to be heard by the boy.

“She won’t come today.” Youngmin bluntly answered her question.

“What?” Her eyes widened; disbelief with what has just came out from the boy’s mouth.

Youngmin took out his phone and showed the message that was sent for him from Seyeon. Aeri gulped . Now she has being left alone with this guy? Seriously? Like for real?

“Aeri,” He paused, waiting for Aeri to respond but none, “I have something to tell you.”

Aeri shrugged.

“I like you.” Youngmin said while taking Aeri’s hand into him.

Aeri quickly snatched it away and put it on her lap, “Youngmin, please. Don’t do this to me.” She was begging him to stop; but no. He won’t stop.

“Is it my fault when I say that I fall in love with you?” Youngmin said out of rage which makes Aeri stunned by his words.

He loves me?

“But you’re supposed to be with Seyeon. Not me.” She was stern about it.

“It’s not my fault, Aeri.” He stopped, taking a deep breath before continue, “Alright, look. I tried to like her, I tried. But I just can’t. I fall for you ever since the first time we met. And there’s no turning back. There is no way for me to stop myself from liking you.”

“This is not going to happen, Youngmin. It is not going to happen. I’m sorry.” She grabbed her purse and rushed out from the café. All she knows she needs to go as far as possible; that no one could ever find her.

A message comes in.

 

Today

Youngmin: Whatever your answer will be, I’ll be waiting for you. 6:01pm Read

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

Daehwi was walking alone after he had done with his music class today. He could see something is wrong with the president today. He looks happy but at the other side, he looks like he has a lot to think about. It’s so rare to see him like that.

Donghyun has always been a happy guy. His nickname in the club would be “Angel Smile” because he smiled a lot; to be honest they never see him in unsmiling state. And also, he was really secretive. No one would know what has been on his mind; except himself. Daehwi tried to talk to him sometimes, but it’s all useless.

He will never open up to anyone.

As he was walking, he saw a figure that he really knows, “Aeri? What was she doing there?” Daehwi frowned when he saw the girl was alone, sitting on a bench and have her head down.

He approached Aeri and took a sit beside her, “Aeri?” He called for her name but there’s no answer.

He ended up poking her cheek to wake her up. Aeri startled when suddenly someone touched her. She lifted her head up and saw Daehwi beside her. She glad that it was Daehwi, not anyone else.

“Daehwi?” She forced a smile.

“Are you okay?” Daehwi asked concernedly, even if he knows that she was not okay.

“I met Youngmin earlier.” Aeri lowered her head again.

“Youngmin? You mean…” Daehwi hasn’t finished his words yet but she already nods her head.

“What am I going to do now Daehwi?” A bead of tears startled to come out from her eyes.

Daehwi who was stunned with her tears, tapped her back slowly, “Yah, don’t cry. Why are you crying?”

“I don’t know,” She sobbed, “I like him but there’s nothing I can do.”

“If you like him then what’s a big deal about that,” He paused, thinking about how he should put the words so that no one going to get hurt, “Look, Aeri. You like him, and he likes you. Is there anything else you want? No, right? Will you ever feel good if he said that he likes Seyeon? I’m pretty sure you’ll be more sad if he said that.”

“Daehwi, you are not helping me.” She gave a glare to the boy.

Daehwi rolled his eyes, “Aeri, you’re such a crybaby. Do you realize that you’re crying over a boy? Gosh, I am so going to make fun of you after this.” He giggled, trying to cheer the mood; but failed.

Aeri ended up hitting his arms, slowly but hard enough to be feel by him, “It’s hurt,” Daehwi said while rubbing his arms.

“That’s what you got when you rambling nonsense things?” Aeri’s lips curved upwards; but with thousands of meaning behind it.

“I am not okay,” Daehwi whined, “Okay, just do whatever your heart wanna do,” He suggested.

“Hm,” She shrugged.

“You look pale. You should go and take a rest at the nurse office,” He observed the girl’s face, concernedly.

“Will do,” Aeri said and nodded her head, she’s too weak now even for a word.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

She walked into the nurse office, and latched the curtain just to see that Donghyun is there, lying on the bed with his eyes closed.

“Donghyun?” She said when she saw him. She didn’t know why but she felt relieved when she saw them. And only then she realized that she left Donghyun behind after she saw Youngmin. She sighed. She shouldn’t do that Donghyun.

Aeri then bringing her face close to Donghyun and examined his face, he looks perfect even when he was asleep. She thought, alone. When she was busy examining his face, Donghyun suddenly opened his eyes.

Aeri who was startled by his action, jumped onto the next bed and put herself under the blanket. “What the hell is that?” She muttered under her breath.

“Aeri, is that you?” Donghyun asked when he saw someone is hiding under the blanket.

“No, it’s not Aeri,” She felt stupid that she answered that question.

Donghyun smiled at the upon of her voice, “So it’s Aeri.”

“It’s not Aeri,” She insisted on saying that she’s not herself.

“Aeri, that’s okay, You could look at my face for the rest of the day. I will give you the permission for that.” Donghyun said to .

Aeri brought herself out from the blanket and passed a death glare to Donghyun, “I am not looking at you okay.”

“Aw, don’t be shy too admit it. I know you love looking at my face,” Donghyun said while having a pose like; showing that himself a flower.

She rolled her eyes before laughed, “Seriously, Donghyun?”

He shrugged, “Of course I am serious about it!”

“Wait, what?” She confused, “Oh my God, you lil….”

When she was about to throw the pillow to Donghyun, someone called her name.

“Aeri?”

Not again.

“Aeri, are you there?”

“What are you doing here?” Aeri replied to him.

Donghyun looked at her with a frown on his face.

“It’s just, I can’t find you in class so I asked Daehwi about you.” He explained.

Of course, he knows it from Daehwi. What do you expect?

“What do you want?” Aeri asked.

“Can I have my answer now?” Youngmin asked, whole-heartedly; and there’s only one answer he wanted, ‘yes’.

 

 

 

#06 Open the curtain and talk to Youngmin

or

#07 Don't open the curtain and reject Youngmin