#06

Pick Me!

 

 

 

"What do you want?" Aeri said as soon as she took a sit on the bench at the middle of the park with no one around them. She tried so hard to maintain her poker face when obviously she was hella nervous everytime Youngmin was around her and this is not even the first time.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

So, Seyeon decided to go to amusement park for their next course of date. Aeri has no idea why she has been tagging along on every single date they have because she feels like she being a nuisance over there but to be honest, she never feel like declining it? She didn't know why but she feels like she needs to follow them and watch over them. It's not even she had some feelings towards Youngmin or did she?

Aeri wasn't fond with extreme rides; viking isn't even that extreme but still because she has the fear of heights, it's hard for her to ride it. But Seyeon, totally loves it and has been forcing the girl to ride it with her even if Aeri refused it for many times. She gave up and tell her that she will ride it.

When they were about to ride the viking, Youngmin suddenly pushed Seyeon to the front so that he would be in the middle of the girl. Obviously, Seyeon dislike the idea because why the hell Youngmin needs to be in the middle? Seyeon thought he's going to doing such weird things to Aeri. But Seyeon couldn't even say no and let him be in the middle at the end.

Aeri looked so nervous even before the ride started to move. She kept playing with her fingers and sometimes she would bit her nails. Aeri was shaking so hard and literally screaming internally asking them to let her go down.

When the ride finally started moving, Aeri took a deep breath and let it out but still it's not enough for her to calm down, and that's when she felt like someone was holding her hand. She turned her head and could see Youngmin was looking at her with smile pasted on his face. 

At this point, Aeri didn't know if she was nervous because of the ride or it was because of his smile. She couldn't lie to herself that she has been feeling something different since the first she saw Youngmin. It's just Youngmin is her friend's crush and she decided to ignore the feelings.

But seems like she couldn't do that especially when she followed Seyeon and Youngmin to every single of their dates. She didn't know that being a third-wheeler could bring her into a love triangle story. She's totally in a different story at the moment.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

"Aeri," Seyeon started the conversation, "Is there anything you didn't tell me?" She asked, making Aeri gulped in result.

She looked at Seyeon who was writing something on her notebook with a shaking eyes, "What do you mean?"

"I feel like there's something you're hiding from me." She said but still focusing on her writing.

"I don't think so, though?" Aeri replied. She wasn't sure what Seyeon trying to say but she could be sure it's about Youngmin.

Seyeon stopped writing and put her pen down, before turning her attention to Aeri who was actually looking nervous with everything going to come out from her bestfriend's mouth. "Don't you think I don't know that you have feelings for Youngmin?" The statement shook Aeri.

"What---," She stuttered, "What the hell are you saying? How can I like Youngmin? He's your crush, remember?" She didn't know why but seems like she really loves denying her feelings lately.

"You're really going to deny it till the end, huh?" She smirked, "Seriously, Jung Aeri? I don't really mind if you have a crush on him but seriously you're going to do this to me?"

"What do you mean, Seyeon-ah?" She put her onto the girl's arms but she quickly snapped it; startling Aeri. Seyeon is really mad now. She is really mad. "Seyeon, did I do something wrong?" She asked; obviously knowing what she did wrong.

"Do you know that Youngmin actually likes you?" She lowered her head and clenched her fist, "He said that he confessed to you, though? On the day I couldn't come to the cafe." 

Aeri's eyes were shaking, "He told you that?" She gulped.

"So is there any other lie you want to say to me? I'm going to hear to every single lie you're going to spit out." She passed a diss smile to Aeri.

"But Seyeon-ah, I didn't mean to," She tried to hold the girl's hand but she pulled away her hand.

"You didn't mean to? You didn't mean to what? You're really the most horrible person I know in my entire life," She leave the scene as soon as she said that. She leaves Aeri behind and she has no chance to explain herself.

Seyeon moved to a new school on the very next day. Aeri didn't know whether she moved because she had to or it's because of her. And without her knowing, Youngmin actually disappear from the school out of sudden. But someone said that he went to a special course so he won't be at school for a year. Well, she didn't take part in his news and never even want to know about him. For her, as soon as Seyeon leaves the school. It's the end of their story. She didn't want to make a new chapter of it. 

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

But now, she's actually writing a new chapter of her love story after a year of hiatus? She knows she still loves a guy named Im Youngmin and secretly waiting for him but there's no way she could admit to that. 

"I am finally back after a year, and that's all you're going to say?" Youngmin said while smiling. Like why the hell he's smiling? .

"What the hell do you expect me to say?" She passed a glare to the boy but ended up lowering her head as she didn't dare to look at him by her eyes.

"Aeri-yah," He grabbed her hand; surprisingly Aeri let him and didn't move even a little bit. "You have no idea how much I miss you, Jung Aeri."

Aeri closed her eyes when he said that, do you even know how much I miss you too, Im Youngmin? She let the thought stay in her mind.

"I need to go," She feels like she couldn't handle the situation anymore and decided to leave before her heart changed its lane again.

Youngmin managed to grabbed the girl's arms and pulled her into a hug, "Can you just stay? Beside me?" He said as he put his hand onto the girl's hair.

Aeri stunned when Youngmin did that. She didn't know that the boy could be so bold especially it has been a year since their last meeting. She felt too comfortable in his embrace that she forgot what she should have done right now. As soon as she realized, she quickly pushed the boy away and sprinted out from there. She didn't care where the hell she will end up be, all she knows that she should go as far as possible so that Youngmin couldn't find her; at least for now.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

She ran as far as she can and finally gives up when she was out of breath. She was panting so hard at the moment that she grabbed her knees and tried to properly breath even if it's using . Then, she heard someone calling for her name.

"Aeri!" Someone called for her name. She knew it. He would be there everytime she needed him. She wondered how the hell his timing never went wrong? She turned her body to the voice direction and smiled at him. Her expression totally showed a thankful reaction. "Are you okay?" He asked when he saw Aeri was sweating so bad. He took out his handkerchief from the pocket and wiped her face, "What happen to you?" He quietly asked as he was afraid that his question might hurt the girl. 

Aeri just shrugged as an answer. She knows she could never lie to the boy but she wanted to try it. She wanted to see how much actually the boy cared about her. Wait, seriously Jung Aeri? You want to test him when you know he will always be by your side?

"You know you could never lie to me right, Jung Aeri?" He giggled at the girl's response. Stop with your acting, Aeri. I know all of it. 

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I could never lie to you, Lee Daehwi," She mumbled then pouted her lips.

"So tell me now," He lifted his eyebrows, "Is there anything I could help?"

"Um," She was hesitating; she didn't know if she should tell the truth or keep lying. But afterall, Daehwi knows she likes Youngmin. Daehwi knows she has been longing for Youngmin for a ing year.

"It's about Youngmin hyung right?" He knows even if Aeri didn't tell her first. Who the hell could make Aeri looks miserable as hell other than Im Youngmin? Seriously.

She nodded her head lightly, "I am such a fool right?" She asked, "I can't even say that I like him."

"You can, if you try," He sighed, "Look Aeri, I know it's a big deal for you since Seyeon was hella mad at you about it but it's not your fault that you like him. And it's not Youngmin hyung fault that he fall for you. It's already written that both of you are fated to be together."

"But still," Daehwi put his finger on the girl's lips asking her to shut for a while. Daehwi put both of his hand on her shoulders and looked at her with a really sweet smile. Lee Daehwi, at this point I might fall for you instead. 

"Believe in yourself," He said, "And have faith on him. I know he could take care of you. Okay now," He turned Aeri's body around looking at the other side.

Aeri's eyes widened when she saw Youngmin was actually 1 metre away from her. She gulped. What the hell he's doing here? Wait. Don't tell me that... She quickly turned around to see Daehwi but he's actually already at least 10 metres away from her. you, Daehwi.

"So you heard everything?" Aeri asked an obvious question. Youngmin shrugged. "Ah, so you heard it," Aeri said looking at his reaction, "Look, it wasn't like what you think."

"I didn't say anything though?" Youngmin frowned.

Aeri bite her lips, "I know, I know but still." She lost words for the nth time infront of the boy.

She never know the day would come. The day finally she needs to be honest about her feelings towards Im Youngmin. She knows she will ended up falling for him again and again. It's just she hates the fact that she needs to admit that she likes the boy. She hates the fact that the boy is her first love. She hates the fact that she will never get over the fact that he is her first love. And there's no way she could deny it.

"Okay, let's stop the game." She took a deep breath and exhaled, "I like you." She gave up and confessed.

"I like you too?" He giggled as he said that.

Aeri rolled her eyes, "Obviously I know that." She couldn't help herself but smiling when she saw his smile.

"So?" 

"So?"

"Is that the end?" He asked.

"Then what else?" She asked him back.

"Let's just forget about it." Youngmin turned his body around and walked away from the girl. 

Aeri startled when she saw Youngmin suddenly walked away from her. Did I do something wrong? "Youngmin, where are you going?" She shouted.

"I think I have stop liking you," He waved his hand towards the girl and winked.

"Yah, how dare you?" She tried to chase him but he runs too fast.

Screw you, Im Youngmin. You lil brat.