#01

Pick Me!

 

 

 

“Aeri!!!” She heard her mum calling out for her name from downstairs.

“Yeah,” She replied while putting the books into her school bag.

“Daehwi is here.” Her mum said, loud enough to be heard by the whole house.

“What? Daehwi?” She muttered, alone. “What is he doing here?”

She grabbed her bag and went downstairs. As soon as she reached the living room, she could see her best friend was sitting on the sofa, playing with his handphone while waiting for her.

“Daehwi-yah, what are you doing here?” She asked in curious.

He lifted up his head and look at her with a smile.

“We’re going to school right?” Daehwi stand up and keep his handphone into his bag.

“Yeah,” She nodded, showing that she’s agree with his words.

Aeri and Daehwi is best friend, probably even before they’re born into this world. But as far as she could remember, it has been a long time since Daehwi did this kind of thing; walking together to school. The last one she could remember, maybe while they’re in middle school. She would go to school every day with Daehwi without missing any day.

But when they’re in high school, not even once, Daehwi would come to her house just to walk her to school. Well, obviously Aeri could understand that because till when Daehwi is going to be by her side right?

There will be a moment that Daehwi and she need to apart, sometimes.

But she hopes that would never happen. Because she wished to keep him by her side, forever.

“Why?” He pouted, “Can’t I walk with my best friend to school?”

“It’s just weird to think that you’re here for me.” She giggled.

“Then? Should I come here for your mum?” He sticks out his tongue.

She rolled her eyes.

“Let’s go.” He wrapped his arms around hers, “We’re going to be late for school.”

“Whatever, Lee Daehwi.” She said, and followed his footsteps.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

“So today, I’m going to put you in pair for the next assignment.” The whole class started whining when they heard about it.

Aeri sighed. Another assignment. Another busy week.

“I will put the name list on the class board, so check it when we’re done with the class.” The teacher said while pasting it on the board before continues with the class.

The bell rang as soon as Mr. Park done with today’s syllabus. He leaves the class after saying thank you, and all the students quickly make their way to the board.

All of them basically push each other to make sure that they’re the first one to see the list. It’s a total chaos over there.

Aeri decided to just stay on her place instead of joining them. For her, it’s better to know who’s going to be by her side 24/7 for the rest of the week later than joining those idiots, fighting over petty things.

“Aeri, you’re deadly done.” Shout one of her classmate.

Aeri rolled her eyes. But within few seconds, she realized what’s going on. She stand up and quickly went to the front to look over for the list. She ended up pushing everyone who stand on her way and reached the list.

She searched for her name… “Jung Aeri, okay,” She gulped, “Park Woojin?” Her eyes widened.

“Be strong.” One of her classmates said, to encourage her.

“Why only bad things happened to me?” She muttered, alone.

She turned around to find for her partner, but as expected he wasn’t here. She sighed.

What do you expect Jung Aeri? Of course he isn’t in the class, for God sake.But seriously, me and Park Woojin? What kind of combination is that?

She sighed for the nth times.

It’s just for a week, Jung Aeri. A week. You’re going to be fine. She thought.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

“There you are,” She rolled her eyes as soon as she saw the one she has been looking for the most, at this moment, at least.

She approached the guy who was sitting on the bench while gulping some water.

I never thought I will put my feet on this holy basketball court ever again.

“Park Woojin,” She gave a bunch of paper to him without even looking at him.

“What is this?” Woojin coldly asked, while put the water bottle aside and grabbed the paper.

“Assignment.” Aeri simply answered.

“Well, you could at least brief me about this since I’m not in class today.” Woojin put the paper beside him and look at the girl who was still refused to even take a look at him.

“It’s not my fault that you skip the class today,” She shrugged.

“Do you hate me that much, Jung Aeri?” He asked and let out a mysterious smirk.

She stunned with the question, and slowly turns her body around to take a look at the boy’s face. When he smirked, his snaggletooth could be seen. Aeri couldn’t deny that he looks cute, more than she thought he could be.

Aeri quickly shoved the thought she had on Woojin away.

What the heck are you thinking, Jung Aeri? Remember that he is Park Woojin. Park Woojin. By saying his name, could make you go crazy for the whole day.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

Woojin and her has always been rival ever since they’re in middle school. She never thought that he will be in the same school as her in high school; even in the same class. What annoys her the most, that she will never ever could beat him when it comes to study.

She might have perfect marks but then, there’s Woojin who was perfect in everything. From study, to sport. There’s nothing he couldn’t do. It just annoyed her so much. His existence itself annoys her.

There’s one time that she finally ranked first in school but then suddenly, she received the news that there’s mistake while key in the mark which make she fell to rank 2nd. Of course, the one who was ranked first would be Park Woojin.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

The whole class knows that Park Woojin and she could never be in one team. She would avoid it whenever she got that chance.

And now, the moment she has been avoiding the most for the whole semester finally came up to her. She is in the same group with Park Woojin.

“Well, I don’t know why you dislike me that much but sorry anyway.” Woojin said half-hearted.

“You don’t know your fault but yet you said sorry.” Aeri said sarcastically. She found it funny that this guy didn’t know what is it about but he said sorry anyway.

“Is it that funny?” Woojin asked when he saw the girl laughed.

“It is not.” Aeri changed her expression to a serious one.

“You’re blushing?” He said to .

“I’m not.” She sounds stern with her words.

“Yes you are,” Woojin without fail; “You looks like a tomato right now.”

“I am not blushing, Park Woojin,” She rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag, before leaving the scene.

“Jung Aeri.” He muttered, and smiled.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

“What the hell is wrong with him today?” she whined, “It’s so not Park Woojin.”

She ran to the rooftop as she thought that will be the most suitable place for her to calm herself. She annoyed with almost everything now, especially with a guy named Park Woojin.

As soon as she reached the rooftop, she twisted the knob and opened the door. She could hear someone is singing from where she stood, she slowly make her way to the rooftop and tried to find the source of the voice.

From afar she could see, a guy was sitting on her favourite bench while holding a guitar, singing to a song she never heard of before. Maybe he was singing to his own song.

She didn’t know how or why, she started to enjoy the song and closed her eyes. When she wanted to enjoy more of it, the song suddenly stop. She opened her eyes and could see a guy is here, right infront of her eyes.

She startled and almost fell but then he managed to catch her hand.

“Are you okay?” He asked with a smile.

“Uh, sure.” Aeri blinked her eyes for few times, she couldn’t believe that there’s an angel in front of her.

She never see him before. It’s her first time to see him in the school. Well, she never really cares about the guys in the school, so it isn’t weird when she said she never see him.

“Ah, I’m Kim Donghyun.” He introduced himself without being asked, “Mind to sit there?” Donghyun offered a sit to Aeri.

Aeri just nodded like a fool and follow him from behind. She didn’t even know him but yet she could follow him well. Is she being captivated by him right now?

“Ah, yes. I haven’t introduced myself right?” Aeri said as soon as they took a sit.

“You’re Jung Aeri. Am I right?” Donghyun excitedly called her name which make she went blush. She didn’t know how many times she needs to encounter this kind of event.

“That’s right,” She frowned, “But how did you know?”

“Well, who didn’t know the cutest girl in this school,” He said, teasingly.

“That was supposed to be a joke right?” Aeri blushed even more from before. She really looks like a tomato right now; just like what Woojin said before.

“You’re blushing,” He giggled, “Cute.” He muttered; almost not be heard by Aeri.

“I beg your pardon?” She choked when she heard Donghyun said she’s cute.

It’s her first time seeing Donghyun and he already said she’s cute? Was he supposed to be my secret admire or what?

“I’m sorry,” She paused, hesitating to continue her words, “But it’s my first time to see you in this school.”

Donghyun laughed it off.

Okay, what’s so funny about that? Why the hell he laughed at everything I said? Why he must be hella cute but annoying at the same time? Oh God, I cannot brain him.

“Seems like you really love to laugh.” Aeri said, “How a human could be this bright?”

This time, its Donghyun’s turns to choke. “I’m sorry?”

“Back to the topic, I have never seen you before,” Aeri changed the topic before it went too far.

“Uh,” He startled, “Well, it’s weird you didn’t know the President of Music Club.” He said, jokingly.

“Wait,” She stopped and gulped, “You’re the President of Music Club?”

“Yes, and Lee Daehwi, your bestfriend is the Vice President of Music Club, right?” He asked.

“Ah, no wonder you know my name,” Finally, she could understand it, even if… “He must be talking bad about me behind me.”

“Not really. He’s a nice guy.” Donghyun shrugged, “Oh yes, why are you here?”

“Ah, that,” Aeri thought for few times before telling him what happened.

She told almost everything about Woojin to Donghyun and there’s none of the moment that Donghyun would stop her from talking. He listened to every single words coming out from Aeri’s mouth. It’s like… they’ve known each other for so long when it’s only 30 minutes since they met each other.

She didn’t know why but she feels so comfortable with Donghyun.

“And that’s how I ended up here.” She ended her story, “I talked a lot right? Daehwi annoyed with me sometimes.” She giggled.

“No, not really,” He stared into her eyes as he said that, “You look pretty when you smile.”

“Wh---What?” Aeri stuttered, “Uh, so… mind to play me a song?” She pointed out to the guitar that has been put aside after she started to talk.

Donghyun reached the guitar and put it on his lap, he’s ready to play a song when suddenly Aeri’s phone vibrated. She took out the phone and saw a message from Woojin.

 

Today

Woojin : I know you’re mad at me right now. But we should at least do our assignment right? I will be waiting for you at the café. See you there. 4:15pm Read

 

“Who is it?” Donghyun asked, “If it’s someone important, you should go then. I could play it for you next time even if I have a special song for you right now.”

 

 

 

#02 Go to Woojin

or

#03 Stay with Donghyun