Yoon Jisung

Produce 101 One Shots

Au! You're a quite student on your way to school and then there's Jisung

 

I was on a train at the time, perched in the seat as the grey snake pushed trough the landscape to the next village. Early morning sunlight suffused the cabin, making everything seem a bit paler. The oaks that lined the rails, the people sitting a few meters away, the grey floor.

Travelling. Again.

 

Once we stopped in the next hamlet, the conductor announced through the speakers: the stop would take a bit longer. Something had to be fixed. A breath escaped me and I leaned back against the upholstery.

 

I closed my eyes, my hands in my lap. Not long after I heard something shuffling next to me. I looked up to see a boy. He had short hair and wore a grey suit and a blue tie. I didn't know who he was, but he relaxed in the seat next to mine, his arms folded against his chest.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

I raised my voice a bit. “That is my seat.”

 

He looked at me. His eyes glided over my messy hair and my face and then to my backpack sitting next to me. His eyes were full of mischief, I noted, as if he could decide to pull your leg at any minute.

 

“Aren't you sitting on your seat?” he asked. “Or do you need two to feel comfortable?”

 

A bit flustered, I nodded.”I do, indeed. That's why I reserved this entire row.”

 

He unfolded his arms, then stared at me more intently, but made no motion to stand up from my seat. “You're one of the sensitive ones, then?”

 

“I like being left alone.” “Well,” he said. “I won't be leaving.”

 

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temple. For a minute, I was amazed at the impoliteness. Not many people could be so blunt. Yet – I wanted my quiet back and I had paid for the seats.

 

“Jisung,” he said. “My name is Jisung.”

 

I opened my eyes to glare at him. He shrugged. “Might as well introduce myself. You're going to the last stop, too, aren't you?”

 

“How do you know?” I asked. He pointed to the brooch on my lapel.

 

“You're a student, too?”

 

He nodded. I looked at him closer. Small eyes and a lot of earrings. A hair color that was verging on some red of shade.

 

At last I finally remembered him. Yoon Jisung – now a third-year. He must have dyed his hair over the summer, I thought. It had prevented me from recognizing him earlier. Still, though, we had never talked before.

 

He showed me his dress shirt then and there, on his pocket, twinkled the same brooch I was wearing.

 

“You believe me now?” he asked.

 

“It's not that I don't believe you – I recognize you, but I as I now know who you are, I'd rather you leave me alone even more.”

 

He pouted a bit and pretended to wipe away some tears while looking at me. “You didn't look like the type of girl to care about someone's reputation.”

 

I let out a quiet snort. “If I do it's none of your business, but it isn't your reputation I'm talking about. I've seen you pranking the teachers before. I've heard you being loud and noisy, so forgive me for wanting nothing to do with you.”

 

He nestled closer into the seat at my words. “Well, that is fair, I guess.”

 

I couldn't tell if he was offended by my words until he reached into his pocket and produced some candy.

 

“You want some?” he asked, showing me the wrapped candy.

 

I shook my head.

 

“It's really tasty.”

 

I shook my head again. He unwrapped one and put it into his mouth.

 

“Aren't you curious what my element is?”

 

I glared at him. “I already know.”

 

He snapped his fingers and in an instant, the air was filled with a light breeze. I rolled my eyes at that. “Using our powers away from the school grounds is prohibited.”

 

He let out a chuckle, but the wind stopped. Then he turned to me. “You can manipulate the shadows, right?”

 

My mouth turned into a thin line. I nodded with reluctance and a victorious smile appeared on his face.

 

“I could tell right away even before you had to show them in class,” he said. “When I saw you during our first year. You had this aura. It was really dark and mysterious.”

 

I let out a breath and turned my head to the side, away from him, but Jisung continued talking. “It was pretty cool, too. I've never seen something like it before. I liked it.”

 

What?

 

A/N: I wanted to try a new style and I like using trains as the setting lol. It's not fluffy, sorry, but the Youngmin one shot will have more fluff so be prepared