Yoo Seonho

Produce 101 One Shots

Office AU

When you were twenty you dreamed of romance. You yearned for an older guy with a a lot of money. A guy who is handsome, warm and responsible. A man who would take care of you.

Your friends teased you relentlessly for wanting to date an older guy for they were content with just dating boys the same age as them. They used every opportunity to tease you with the fact that you rejected all of the advances from, what you thought, were immature college guys.

When you finally received your degree though, dating was off the table. With your impressive marks and a long list of internships, you had managed to secure a job at a well-known international cooperation and you knew you had to work hard there to keep your place. That was more than three years ago.

You shake your head at those random thoughts invading your mind. You don't have time to reminisce about the past. Striding into the building with confident steps, you clutch your expensive brand name purse closer to your body. Ever since you've been promoted to junior manager of your subdivision a few months ago, the feeling was completely different.

You rejoiced at the polite bow the guards now gave you and every morning you gave your new subordinates a bright smile. Today, you would even get your own personal intern. Something, your friend had jokingly called your new slave.

Of course, you wouldn't literally treat him as such, but it made you happy that you could soon relegate trivial things to a new employee. It would make more time for you to focus on important tasks and you thought it was amazing that your supervisors finally acknowledged all the time and effort you had been pouring into the job.

Walking into your office with quick steps, your black heels clicking on the linoleum, you sit down behind your laptop. It's the newest model on the market. A gift. A privilege only granted to those who had earned it. Glancing at the clock, you realize that it's still a bit early. You were told that your intern would arrive at eight. He still had fifteen minutes left.

Starting to open your recent documents, you click through the many folders and start typing. You quickly become immersed in your work. You don't hear the knock on the door.

Only when some knocks for a second time, more firmly this time, do you look up, slightly startled. Right. Eight o'clock. He's punctual. You gotta give him that.

"You can come in", you say, suddenly feeling a hint of giddy excitement. 

Slowly, someone opens the door slightly. It's left. Then, with the speed of a snail, someone cautiously pushes his head halfway through the clearance. The first thing you see is shiny black hair and a bad haircut that looks entirely too familiar...

Something clicks in your mind as the door widened even more to reveal a certain young worker who greats you with an awkward hand wave.

"Yoo... Seonho?!"

You are completely astonished. Flabbergasted. Shocked. You had expected a diligent stranger, someone you hadn't encountered before. A foreigner from Taiwan. Instead, you'd gotten Yoo Seonho. The person that you refused to call a man even though he was nearing twenty-three. The person who had been your in your department before. The person who continually ran after you, even though you had rejected him twenty times or more. He.... wasn't supposed to work under you now.

No, you shout in your mind, your fingers jerking forward to your keyboard. No way! This has to be a mistake!

You frantically look at your laptop clicking to the relevant folder. 

There!

A photo. A CV. Lai Guanlin. Lai Guanlin was supposed to be your new intern. Lai Guanlin. Not Yoo-crushing-on-you-Seonho!

Looking up at him with wide eyes you see him standing pressed against the wall with his hands folded. His thick prescription glasses lie askew on his nose and he timidly returns your appalled stare with a slight pout of his pink chapped lips.

"What are you doing here?", it finally breaks out of you. "You- You're not Lai Guanlin!"

You stare at him, waiting for an answer. Some kind of explanation or justification why he was here. This has to be a mistake or an elaborate joke!

It is silent for a few seconds. Then Seonho removes himself from the wall.

Peering at you from underneath his dark lashes, he finally bows deeply and yells loudly. "I apologize! Lai Guanlin resigned! I'm his replacement!"

His what? You breathe out through your nose, your nostrils flaring dramatically. Then you rub your temple with your pointer finger. You feel an incoming headache.

"Where is he?" You know you sound clipped because Seonho flinches at your words. He delicately rearranges his glasses on his nose. They're still askew.

"Lai Guanlin?", Seonho asks, guessing.

"Who else?", you bark at him, making him take a step back. He's pressed against the wall again, staring at you like you just kicked a puppy. Nervously gliding his fingers along the frame of his glasses, he opens his mouth.

"He's in the US, now. He resigned to become...." Seonho hesitates for a minute, reluctant to continue.

"To become what?", you insist.

"To become a rapper in the states."

 

A/N: Can you imagine a shy office worker! Seonho? I might write a part two to this, because this turned into a joke somehow. I'm not even sorry...