Oneshot

Don't leave me
It was snowing outside, the weather was quite cold but it was nice and warm inside the apartment. The room was dark. A pair of dark doe-eyes blinked several times unable to sleep or more like waiting for someone. The dark hair man sat up on the bed and looked outside the window.

"Why isn't he here yet?" He huffed with annoyance. He glanced at the watch, it was 12:15am. He was waiting for a special person. "Yunho where are you?" He held his phone and stared at the picture of his and his lover, smiling happily. There wasn't any message nor a misscall. Finally fed up and unable to wait he decided to go out for a walk. Although it was really cold outside but he liked the weather. He liked the snow, but it made him miss that one special person even more. It was his birthday after all. He wanted to be with Yunho. Yunho always made it before midnight but he was late today and Jaejoong made a mental not to scold him for that. It had been more than a month since he met. They both were so busy in their schedules.

Jaejoong came out of his apartment and locked the door. He placed his hands in his coat's pockets and let out a breathe. It was cold indeed. His nose was red but he decided he'd go crazy waiting at home if Yunho reached home while he was away he'd get a call or message. So he began walking towards the nearest park. It was quite, the neighbourhood was silent, no traffic no nothing, only the dim light of street lights. He went towards the park and sat on the bench. He huffed again. It was 12:30am still no message. He decided he should go back and sleep.

After sometime he reached his apartment. He laid down on the bed and took out his phone one last time, still nothing. It was 12:45am now. He closed his eyes and was about to drift of to sleep when his phone started ringing. With out looking at the caller ID he picked up the phone.

"What?" He said in an annoyed voice.

"Jaejoong hyung?" The person on the other line said after a moment. He sounded nervous.

"Changminah?" Jaejoong opened his eyes and sat up. "Whats the matter? You sound worried." Changmin would'nt call so late just to say happy birthday, he'd do it in the morning he wasn't going to sacrifise his precious sleep for anything.

"Hyung..." Changmin fell silent.

"Changmin whats wrong?" Jaejoong frowned, his dongsaeng was really making him worried now.

"Its..." Changmin took a deep breathe and Jaejoong held his breathe in the meanwhile. "Its about Yunho hyung."

"W-what-what about him?" Jaejoong's was breathing fastly now, his heart was beating like crazy. He was scared he was really scared. Changmin wasn't a person who'd do something silly like this, it was a serious matter and now that he named Yunho, it was even serious. "Tell me Changmin! What about him? Is he alright?" Jaejoong shouted in the phone.

"Yunho hyung had an accident." Changmin said in a low voice. "He's in the hospital."

Jaejoong's breathe hitched, he blinked a few times. After a moment he spoke, "W-where?"

"Seoul National Hospital." Changmin replied. Jaejoong didn't say anything he just hung up. He jumped out of his bed and ran outside grabbing his coat and car keys. The drive to the hospital was painful, he wanted to call Changmin again and ask how was Yunho but his hands were shaking he could hardly drive right.

.

"Changminah!" Jaejoong waved when he spotted the other standing against the wall. He came running towards him in the corridor. "How's he?" Jaejoong asked panting.

"Don't know hyung." Changmin sighed. "They took him to the emergency room. Its been an hour."

Jaejoong lowered his head and looked towards the big door a few feet away. The person he loved with all his life, was behind that door. "He... he's gonna be alright." Jaejoong said. It was more like a question.

Changmin shook his head. "Don't know." His voice broke a little. Jaejoong had never seen him so unsure and depressed. He swallowed. "He was covered in blood."

Jaejoong stared at him with wide eyes. "Jaejoong hyung! Changmin!" They both turned around and spotted Junsu running towards them.

"Where's Yoochun hyung?" Changmin asked Junsu.

"He's talking to the manager." Junsu answered and looked towards Jaejoong. "Jaejoong hyung you should sit down you don't look so good."

Jaejoong looked pale, his lips were taking a bluish color, his hands were shaking. Changmin and Junsu helped him to sit down on the bench.

"Everything's gonna be alright hyung." Junsu said holding Jaejoong's hand. Changmin looked towards him and Junsu frowned towards him. A few minutes later Yoochun came with the manager.

"Jaejoong..." The manager said. "Pray for him." After this he went away.

Jaejoong looked towards him and frowned. "We all will pray for him. He has to get better soon. He's the leader after all." Yoochun quickly spoke.

"Oh come on Yoochun hyung!" Changmin finally spoke with tears in his eyes. "Why are you hiding it from him? He's gonna know sooner or later." He said trying hard to hold back his tears.

"Changmin!" Junsu warned him.

"What? What are you talking about?" jaejoong looked towards everyone. "What are you hiding from me?"

"Jaejoong hyung." Junsu spoke. "There's nothin-"

"Shut up!" Jaejoong pushed Junsu away. "Tell me the truth! What are you hiding from me?" He shouted.

"Yunho hyung's situation is really critical." Yoochun spoke, trying hard to keep his voice even. "He has an injury in his head." He his voice broke. "The doctors said that..." He could say any further.

"That he might not make it." Changmin completed the remaining sentance. The four of them stood in silence.

Jaejoong sat down on the bench, tears forming in his eyes. "No." He whispered. "This can't happen." He shook his head. "He's gonna be alright. He-he promised me that he'd take me out on my birthday. He'd give me a present." He let out a small sob and covered his face with his hands.

"Hyung."Junsu sat down with Jaejoong and put a hand on his shoulder.

"He's gonna be alright." Jaejoong repeated. "He can't leave me." He stood up. Images of Yunho smiling flashed before his eyes, he remembered the last time when he and Yunho had dinner, he were playing with the food rather than eating it. Yunho smudged some sauce on Jaejoong's face, they both couldn't stop laughing. And then, when Yunho was about to leave Jaejoong hugged him tightly refusing to let go and told him that he'll miss him, Yunho replied with 'Boo, I have to go. I promise I'll be back' Jaejoong hugged himself with his arms, suddenly feeling cold. "You promised me." He whispered.

A doctor came out of the emergency room. He came towards the group. The four of them stared at the doctor, as if wanting to stop him from saying anything wrong but wanting to hear from him, incase if he had a good news.

"I'm sorry..." The doctor said lowering his mask. "We tried our best but... We couldn't save him."

Jaejoong just stared at the doctor. Junsu covered his mouth with his hand and began crying. Changmin let his tears fall that he was holding for so long, Yoochun lowered his head and started crying too. Some other doctors came out of the room too, with disappointment written all over their faces.

Jaejoong went inside the room, there he saw, his lover's body laying lifeless on the bed. He slowly walked towards him and stared at his face. "Yunhoyah..." He called him. "Yunhoyah..." He called him again but no response. Jaejoong touched Yunho's face. It was cold, he then touched his hand it was cold too. "No.." Jaejoong rubbed his hands, his eyes were full of tears but they weren't falling. Yunho was always the one who gave Jaejoong warmth whenever he was cold. But now Yunho had no warmth left. Jaejoong's cold hands couldn't do anything. "Yunhoyah!" Jaejoong 's voice break. "Say something." He shook Yunho a little. "Please.."

Yoochun came in the room only to cry harder when he saw Yunho. Junsu didn't enter the room. He just stood in the doorway crying. While Changmin, he was standing in the middle of the room, with his tears falling.

"Why? Aren't you answering me?" Jaejoong's lips were shaking, his hands were cold and he was feeling pain in his chest, his heart was either beating really fast or not beating at all. "You said whenever I'll call you, you'll answer me." He shook Yunho again. "Yunhoyah!" The first tear fell down from his eye. "You said you loved me!" He shouted. "You said you'd never let me cry!" He sobbed harder. "You said you won't leave me!"

"Jaejoong hyung." Changmin held Jaejoong's shoulders and pulled him away.

"Leave me alone!" Jaejoong shouted and pushed Changmin away.

"Jaejoong hyung please. You're making it harder." He pulled Jaejoong away. Jaejoong tried hard to push Changmin away. He even punched him but Changmin's strong arms held him. The doctors came and covered Yunho's body with a white sheet, along with his face.

"Let me go!" Jaejoong struggled. "No! Don't take me away from him! Let me go!" Jaejoong struggled but Changmin held him in place, seconds late Yoochun joined him, then Junsu came too.They all hugged Jaejoong and each other like they used to, but one warmth was missing, a big source of warmth. Jaejoong screamed and fell on the floor. "Aaahhh!" He screamed again. Changmin stood up and went towards the door. A police officer was standing there.

"We found these things from the car and these are from Mr. Jung's pockets." He handed the things to Changmin. "You don't need to fill in any detail. I've talked with your manager. The accident took place at midnight after Mr. Jung visited a shop. A man who was drunk driving hit his car with his own. We arrested him." He didn't know what else to say. He had arrested the culprit but the lose was too much. He bowed and went away.

Changmin came back with the things in his hands. The other three members were sitting on the floor, Changmin joined them and placed the things down. There were Yunho's sunglasses in them, his wallet, a few papers, his cell phone and a box. Jaejoong looked at the small box and picked it up. It was wrapped in red. He removed the paper and there was a crimson silk box. Jaejoong felt his heart break into tiny pieces when he opened the box and there was ring in it. He hugged the small box near his heart and cried, cried till his voice gave in, his head started to throb and he felt like he was going to faint. "Yunhoyah!" Jaejoong screamed again but this time it was low, he had lost his energy. "Take me with you...Please." He whispered, finding no energy to speak anymore. He felt the world was spinning, his vision was becoming blur. Suddenly everything turned dark.

Jaejoong opened is eyes. His surroundings were dark. He looked around and recognized the place. It was his room. He blinked a few times and realized he had tears in his eyes. The first thing that came to his mind... Yunho. He quickly sat up and took out his cell phone. It was 12:50am. He frowned. He dailed Yunho's number. His phone was off. He then dailed Changmin's number.

"Hello?" Changmin spoke on the other side, his voice was sleepy, he must be sleeping.

"Changminah." Jaejoong spoke a bit panicked.

"What is it Jaejoong hyung? Calling me at such a time. I know its your birthday but it doesn't mean you call people when they're having a good sleep." Changmin took a deep breathe. "And why do you sound do worried? Isn't Yunho hyung there yet?"

"N-no he-"

"Ah, he'll be there. Just wait a little longer. Aish! Why're you so impatient." Changmin said with an annoyed voice. "I'm hanging up." Jaejoong didn't say anything. "By the way, happy birthday." Then he hung up.

Jaejoong checked his inbox and there were messages from his friends and family all of them wishing him happy birthday. He found Yoochun's and Junsu's messages too. But the name his eyes were finding wasn't there. He was feeling anxious. Suddenly the door bell rang and Jaejoong ran down stairs. It was cold and he didn't realize that he was wearing a tank top and long shorts. He quickly opened the door and felt his heart started to beat again when his eyes met a pair of almond eyes.

"Sorry I'm late." The taller man gave an apologetic smile. Jaejoong stared at him for a few seconds then pulled him inside, closed the door and hugged him tightly. Yunho hugged him back. Jaejoong tightened the hug even more and let out a sob. "Jae?" Yunho tried to pull back but Jaejoong's hug was really tight. "Jae, whats wrong?"

"Yunhoyah..." Jaejoong said between the sobs. "Don't ever leave me." He hugged Yunho harder.

"Whats wrong baby?" Yunho caressed his head sofly. "I'm not going anywhere." He kissed his head. "I promise." Jaejoong shook his head and Yunho frowned.

"What if you can't keep your promise?" Jaejoong started crying again.

"Baby please don't cry. Look at me." He lifted Jaejoong face to meet his eyes. He stared into the dark doe-eyes. "I'll stay by your side forever. If I have to repeat it a thousand times I will. I won't leave your side no matter what."

Jaejoong nodded and Yunho wipped his tears. "And promise me you'll drive safely." He sniffed.

Yunho chuckled. "Alright alright. I promise." Jaejoong felt relieved. How much he missed this voice, this laugh, this warmth, he would to anything to stay by this person's side, even if he had to give up his own life he will. Just to save him, he'd do anything. "What was that about?" Yunho asked after he felt Jaejoong had calmed down.

"I had a nightmare." Jaejoong burried his face in Yunho's shoulder. "You left me." He sniffed, tears forming in his eyes. Yunho lifted his face up.

"Well you should know that the person in your dream wasn't Yunho." Yunho spoke. Jaejoong frowned a little. "Because..." Yunho kissed Jaejoong's forehead. "The real Yunho will never leave you." Jaejoong stared at Yunho. How can this man's words make him feel so better, the first second he was crying like crazy and now he's smiling. "There you go." Yunho smiled when he saw Jaejoong giving a small smile. "Oh.." Yunho moved a way and bit and began searching something in his pocket. Jaejoong looked at him with a confused expression.

"Happy Birthday!" Yunho smiled and gave Jaejoong a peck on the lips. Jaejoong smiled and looked towards the little box in Yunho's hand. Yunho got down on one knee. "Jae, I know we're always far away. We don't get to see each other much. But what I know is that the only person I see, is you. You are my everything. I want you to be by my side, always. To see your face, to hear your voice, to feel your presence till the world ends, to name you mine and mine only." He gave a genlte smile and opened the box revealing a beautiful ring. "Kim Jaejoong will you be mine for the rest of your life? Will you marry me?"

Jaejoong stood there with eyes wide open. He blinked a few times. Staring at Yunho and then the ring. "Baby?" Yunho asked after so much silence. Jaejoong looked at him with tears in his eyes. Before Yunho could say anything Jaejoong jumped on him making him fall down on the floor. He hugged him like his life depended on him. "Jae...I can't breath." Yunho managed to say.

"Oh.." Jaejoong pulled away. He looked into Yunho's eyes and Yunho raised an eyebrow. Jaejoong smiled, a blush creeping up his cheeks. "Yes." He said, grinning like a child. He was feeling butterflies in his stomach, the same feeling when Yunho first confessed to him. But this was way more intense. Yunho took the ring and put it on Jaejoong's finger and kissed his hand. "Where's yours?" Jaejoong asked. Yunho took out another ring and gave it to him. Jaejoong put it on Yunho's finger. They both smiled, Jaejoong leaned closer to Yunho and kissed him.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

They sealed the words with another sweet kiss.

.............................................