The Night before

Oh Honey, Please

Nothing could possibly be more awkward than this. The air and tension was already terrible, but this took a whole new level. Oh, how the two boys wanted to escape this. 

Jin hummed with his eyes closed, taking a sip of his caramel macchiato, with two extra pumps of caramel and extra whipped cream. Letting the diabetes kick in for a while, he stayed humming, until he found no progress in their conversation. In fact, Yoongi and Hoseok were silent, Yoongi looking at the elder with confused a stare, mouth wide open.

He settled his drink on the wire-frame table, and gestured his hand at the two to speak.

"Don't mind me, just say whatever you have to say."

When Yoongi called Hoseok out to the café at four, this was not what he expected. Hoseok instead gave him a nervous grin as the mint-haired man shot him a deadly glare.

Yep.

This was not what he expected at all.

-

Hoseok felt some sort of emptiness while he lay still on his firm mattress. Of course he was flustered and anxious (after what Yoongi had just told him on he phone) but he felt weird. Hearing his voice made him shudder, but it was oddly calming at the same time. It reminded him of when Yoongi used to hit him with a slipper because he accidentally deleted tracks he was working on, while he doted on his laptop. These were obviously not happy moments, but they were funny and reminded him that Yoongi liked him enough to hit him (it makes sense to Hoseok), and that if he was able to up his music, then ing up on something like this wouldn't really matter. After he hit him with a slipper, he would tickle the boy, and would laugh, and seem to forget about what he just did, thus an accident like this would easily forgotten as well, and just made fun of. Yet he didn't want this to be forgotten at all, it was something he kept for a long time and wanted to get out. 

A storm of feelings surrounded Hoseok, and he was in the maelstrom.

So when he heard his voice, it was reassuring. He wanted to talk. Great. But not great. All of the mixtures of emotions he felt, happiness, sadness, regret, reassurance; it made his mind confused and for some reason, his brain thought emptiness was the best emotion to feel.

His embarrassment was for the most part gone, after thinking some happy thoughts (such as him being forgiven and everything going back to normal), but the way that the café meeting would go made him unhappy and restless (such as accidentally spilling coffee on his , making sure his future children never exist).

Hoseok simply groaned, mind hurting, chest much more.

God should really think about that idea. 

-

Yoongi blankly stared at his teacher, and the blackboard she pointed at. She yelled about something about numbers that probably didn't even mean anything.

It's importance doesn't even come close to what's on his mind right now.

What Hoseok said to him last night. It was all too depressing and mind-boggling to think about. 

Why did his best friend call him a , not once, but twice? Why did he send him a picture of his abs (that one Yoongi didn't really think too much about, he just appreciated it)? But most of all, why, out of the blue, did he say he liked him?

Yoongi whipped out his phone, and hovered over Hoseok's contact. He so desperately wanted to find out what the was going with his friend and the messages, but he held himself back and instead, pushed the piece of cold metal back into this pocket. Maybe he was just over thinking things, and Hoseok was just doing these things because he got drunk, and texted him for s and giggles. 

He ran his fingers through his hair, and sighed deeply, pushing his face into the desk he was seated in. 

What happened, Jung Hoseok?

Namjoon tapped his shoulder lightly, gathering all his books as a flood of college students rushed out the lecture hall. The class had just ended; and if he wanted to go home in on piece, he and Namjoon would need to leave. Yoongi shortly blinked away from his thoughts and looked over to the taller male. He had a worried look across his face.

The purple-haired boy had spoke softly, almost in a hused tone. "You okay? You spaced out the entire class."

The older simply waved it off and scoffed. "Yes, I am. Now let's go before I become flat-stanely." The two simply shared a laugh and walked out the almost empty lecture room. 

-

Hoseok lost track of the time, staring into the apparently interesting ceiling. He thought about what colours might compliment it; light pink, beige, baby blue, and a bunch of other pastel colours.

Hobi wanted a distraction from everything that was going on his brain, so the ceiling was (to him) a good resolve. Well, it helped anyways, so he didn't think it was the worst idea he did.

The only time he stopped to check how long he was on his bed was when he heard the door begin to unlock. Hoseok knew it was Jin, but he began to wonder why he was home so early. The younger then checked his phone's time and realized he had been staring for at least two to three hours. How nice. 

Seokjin groaned, tossing his bag to a lonely corner in the room, smashing his face into his signature star pillow. Hoseok rolled over to his side so he could get a good view of Seokjin. 

"How was your day?" The brunette asked. 

Jin's voice was muffled, but the other could still hear him enough. ". Absolute . What about you?"

Now the elder rolled over as well, and pushed himself upwards grogily, so he we as now sitting up.

"Fine." He retorted.

Jin took a moment to process things before changing his distasteful frown into a devilish smile. 

"What happened last night? Yoongi seemed so eager to catch up, and you seemed absolutely wasted. Did you perhaps, with Yoongi, you know, fu-"

Hoseok's face turned bright red, as he stuffed himself in a pillow.

"No Hyung, no, not at all!" He squinted, voice yelling into the soft cushion. "Didn't you come home after? You clearly could have seen Yoongi was not there when you went to bed."

Jin laughed what seemed to be forcibly, leaving Hoseok confused. 

"Let's just say I got myself into some business with Namjoonie last night, after the party."

The younger stuffed his face into the pillow even more, becoming even more flustered. "Hyung!"

The latter then chuckled for real, and set himself back on his bed. He turned to face red Hoseok, face changing to seriousness.

It scared Hoseok to see how quickly his face and mood can change.

"Okay but really, what happened last night with you and Yoongi?"

Hobi rolled his eyes and lifted his gaze to stare at Seokjin. a solemn gaze had replaced his flustered expression. "I ed up a lot hyung."

Jin laughed playfully again, and reached over to punch his roomate's shoulder. "I know you messed up, but how I am supposed to know how if you don't say anything? Why? Did you really with Yoongi-"

Hoseok threw his pillow at Seokjin and got up, ruffling his hair violently.

"I told Yoongi I liked him." 

"And?"

"I did it in the tiest, most un-romantic and sincere way possible."

He made his signature wind-shield wiper laugh (which Namjoon absolutely adored and thought was cute), slapping his thigh all the while. His face turned red, and the man's veins seemed to look like they would pop out any moment now. "There is no way." 

"Yes way, hyung. I'm being serious."

"Namjoon ing told me he liked me when a teacher was scolding my  for not liking him back and for not handing in a project due. I rejected a damn teacher's love confession in front of Namjoon, then he whipped out an essay, threw at the teacher, and held my hand, telling me he liked me. Tell me that is romantic."

Hoseok choked back a laughter, knowing it was probably something Namjoon would totally do. The man was very dense, but he was smart and kind. He is sincere, and Jin probably fell for that quality of his. 

His eyes drifted off to wonder why he even liked Yoongi. Was it his sarcastic personality? Or was it the way he showed care in weird way? It jumbled up his mind. 

Then he realised; he didn't need a reason to like Yoongi. He just liked him, so he should savour the bitterness coming from his heart. 

He knew it was a feeling that would last for a while.

"So what did you do?" Seokjin asked, breaking Hobi's thoughts. Hobi simply laughed and showed his his phone conversation with Yoongi, watching as Jin reacted both in horror and in laughter. By the end of it all, the older held a hand above his mouth, chuckling. "You really ed up then." 

Hoseok rolled his eyes and chuckled as well. Now, he was feeling happy and giddy again, only because he found new reasons to use and blackmail Namjoon with. "I know I did, hyung." He snorted. 

"What are you going to do then?" Jin suddenly asked, catching him off guard. 

"Well, Yoongi asked me to meet him in the café later so-" 

Jin's eyes almost popped out of his head. "He what?"

"He asked me to go to the café at four. Speaking of which, I have to go soon." Hoseok repeated himself, prompty looking at his phone's time before getting up to change. Before he could escape, Jin pulled on his wrist, and pulled himself up as well. "I'm going too."

Hobi choked on his spit, in utter shock. Why would Jin need to go with him? His question was quickly answered before he could protest. "I'm going with you, and make sure that Yoongi doesn't lay on you or makes you feel bad. I can't deal with another eight hours of bawling."

He lead himself out the door, and shut it loudly. Worrying Hoseok, he quickly threw on some clothes and rushed off, hoping to catch up. 

-

After noticing Yoongi's glare at him and Hoseok, Jin pulled out a dry laugh and un-crossed his legs. His sweet smile became intoxicating and suffocating, soon choking Yoongi. He turned his head towards the younger, and opened his plump-lips to say words that seemed to be coated in sickeningly sweet honey. Yoongi gulped down. 

"It's rude to stare y'know." He chuckled out.

Yoongi snapped. Seokjin was getting on his nerves, by first, ting all over his privacy with Hoseok by literally taking a seat in between the two, and now, by telling him it's ing rude to stare. Anyone would stare at some er who walked in while he/she needed to discuss something private. 

"Can you just ing leave? Why the hell are you even here?" Yoongi argued in an almost whiny-tone. 

Jin continued to smile sweetly, but his eyes beemed hostility. Now his words were laced with a terrible poison. "I just want to make sure you don't up my friend over here anymore than he already has been, by you." He nodded over to Hoseok, sitting to his right. 

Hoseok's face became flushed with embarassment, shifiting his gaze towards the ground. He bit his lower lip carefully, making Yoongi feel uncomfortable.

Yoongi was confused. Anymore than he has already been? Did he do something wrong? It is it maybe the issue with-

Seokjin threw his hands up in the air, and stood up. A light screeching noise made its way throughout the shop. The older grabbed his drink, and began to leave. Just before he took another step, however, he turned and shot another deadly smile at Yoongi. 

"Fine. I'll go and save your sorry from my sass, but I better not see Seok crying when he comes home, otherwise, I'll make your face hurt like a ." Jin had now left the shop, the silence filled in by the ring of bells. Silence fell again, this time unchanging, but filled with the laughter and chattering of other college students. Yoongi knew he was not lying. After all, Namjoon came back to their dorm one day with a huge bruise on his cheek, and a red-hand mark on his nape. It was not the prettiest sight, and after learning Seokjin was the culprit, his image of the sweet man darkened to a supposed gangster. But relief had struck his chest, as if a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

The problem now was actually talking to Hoseok. 

"Hobi," Yoongi called out, only gaining a quick glance from his target. The older sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, knowing everything has probably gone to and it would be hard to talk to him, let alone even make the boy look at him. He instead, came across the solution that his oh-so-soft hair would make him at least relaxed, and would make some sort of connection. 

And it did just that. 

He felt the younger's shoulders loosen, as he slumped into his chair and buried his face into his hands. Hobi made a soft sound, almost not audible, but Yoongi could hear him loud and clear. "Hyung," he called out, releasing his face, showing slightly puffed-eyes and beautiful tan skin, "How bout' we just forget this entire situation, and whatever happened the last night? I don't want to be awkward, and I'm sure you don't either." 

It wasn't supposed to affect him; but it did. Yoongi felt a small ache, but he didn't know why. But these pains grew and seemed to hurt more than those he felt with Jungkook. It was weird, and he didn't enjoy it. What Hoseok said seemed to disappoint him; but now at least he knew Hobi didn't actually like him, and everything he did was indeed just for s and giggles because the man was drunk as and had no idea what the hell he was doing. Yet a huge part of him screamed with sadness and regret, like his heart was shattered again; it was something almost foreign because he did not know why his heart hurt from that; a guy who is his best friend. Maybe it was normal. He didn't have too many friends anyways, so he guessed it was a close-friend thing. 

His confession meant nothing then. And that was fine with Yoongi. Well, it should have been at the very least. 

"Are you okay Yoongi?" Hoseok asked, with the same expression Namjoon wore earlier. Why were people so mushy and worried today?

He continued to his hair and smiled down. "Yeah, I'm fine. Oh and yeah, I guess we should just forget about what happened. No need to talk to you, since you already got the point," He stopped for a bit, and lifted Hoseok by the chin to make eye-contact with him. "I'm glad you understand. That's what I like about you." 

At that moment, two hearts broke and ached at the same moment, yet the smiles adoring the pained keepers had not wavered even once. One was unaware, and the other needed to find another resolve; it had gone on for far too long. Eventually he would break, but being by his side was enough. 

 

Their hearts seemed to be so close, yet distant.

 

But something was shared in common; 

 

 

an un-blooming love waited to flower at the very bottom of their feelings. 

 

 

 

Hoseok smiled painfully at Yoongi, unnoticing of the brunette's unstopping pain. 

 

 

 

-

A/N: AHHHHHHH I managed to pull out a chapter from my dried-up brain. I probably re-wrote this like five times before I decided on this outcome. In all honesty, I am really tired and my teacher(s) are being s and giving us work to the very end of school ; - ;. This chapter was really bad I'm sorry, and there was a lot of swearing since I am salty, therefore Yoongi and all the characters should be equally saltly. I re-watched Jin's rap part from BTS Home Party and decided Jin should swear more (hehehe). I noticed the pacing was really fast, so I'll try to emphasize a bit more on their thoughts from now on, and hopefully make it a bit slower (I'm embarassed why did you even read this garbage ; - ;) I'll try to make the chapters at least 2k long each, but no guarantee with school etc. Hope you enjoyed, and there will be some slip-ups in grammar and spelling lol^^

(And yes, I am proud of liking Jin's laugh; I am literally Namjoon and think it's adorable)

A lot of thanks to my half-army best friend who is only slightly disappointed I write these along with shipping Voldemort and Harry.