The Said Demon and The Unwanted One

Exception

Author's Note : Hello! I'm sorry it took me very very very long time to update this, like what I've said on Perfect, my finger was dislocated and school start plus i was in trainingcamp as well. I didn't really have a time to update but thankfully i got a chance to update this today. Like always, English wasn't my first language so all mistake are mine. Feel free to leave some comment asll well it's high apreciated :D and also i'm gladly thankful of my friend who did the poster of this fict! (gonna put it after i found the link :D)

Happy Reading!

-mondchan-


 

It’s been a month since that night and Kyungwon found herself back into her normal life, wake up, greets Kyla in the morning, make her breakfast go to university, meet her friends, dozing off on the class, working on project, back to home and pretty much stay the same.

Unless, every time she woke up there’s a girl sitting on her cupboard looking at her or straddling her hips with mischievous smile,

 

It’s Saturday morning when Kyungwon heard her alarm blasting loudly from her phone and Kyungwon couldn’t be more annoyed than usually she was. She tried to reach her phone on her nightstand without even bother to open her eyes and after few attempt to slide her long fingers on the screen without even looking at it, the loud alarm finally died and Kyungwon let a content sigh. She was about to sleep again when she feels her her sheets shuffled and her bed dipped. She thought it was Kyla climbing on her bed and try to wake her up so she wouldn’t be late to come into her class, Kyungwon flail her hands and said,

 

“Go away, It’s Saturday Kyla. I don’t have any class and you can take whatever for breakfast. Just leave some to me.” She said with sleepy voice. However, right she was about to retract her hands someone catch her hand wrapped their fingers around her wrist.

 

“Kyla, I’m still sleepy.”She sounds annoyed now but then she heard someone’s chuckle. Kyungwon want to believe that it’s probably her ears that play a trick because she still sleepy but Kyungwon knows it well Kyla’s voice wasn’t like that plus these fingers that wrapping on her wrist is different from Kyla’s fingers...

 

Kyungwon groggily open her eyes and there, a head away from her face was the succubus from the night before, straddling her hips, holding her wrist and still with her red blood eyes looking down at her. Kyungwon didn’t miss the mischief glints on her eyes, paired with teasing grin the succubus lean in closer and whisper on her face

 

“Good morning babe~”

 

“AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

 

And that’s enough to send Kyungwon screamed her lungs out in the morning.

 

 

Kyungwon tried to grab everything near her and try to hit this demon but much to her liking the only object she could grab is her other pillow and when she tried to hit the said demon, it’s already vanished and now looking down at her from the top of the cupboard, laughing over her.

 

“Wow, out of anything? You tried to attack me with pillow? How amusing of you Kang Kyungwon.”

 

Kyungwon glared at the succubus and pointed her finger at her.

 

“You!! What are you doing on my room!?!?”

 

“I-“ Right when the demon wanted to answer her question or teasing her even further the door of Kyungwon’s room opened and there standing an unamused looking Kyla. She looks around and sigh then turned her head to look at the demon on the cupboard

 

“Out.” She muttered and the demon on the cupboard raised her hands on defeat, clearly grinned before she vanished into the thin air.

 

“Breakfast is ready, I’m gonna wait on the kicthen.” That’s the last thing Kyla said before she leaves her room and leaving Kyungwon dumbfounded.

 

Or sometimes checking her out then creeping up behind her when Kyungwon changes her shirt every day,

 

Kyungwon was done showering and walking back into her room with only towel clad over her form. She was standing in front of her cup board, ready to drop her towel and pick up some undergarments and shirts to wear until she heard another chuckles behind her and made her shivered in horror.

 

“My, my ~ I know I’ve pick a beautiful human but look at that body of yours, truly work of art, golden proportion.”

 

Kyungwon  was about to scream her lungs out again when she turned around and found the same succubus sitting on her bed and leg crossed, face leaned on her palm and looking at her with that blood red eyes of hers plus gazing at her like she strip her down, but much to her liking the said succubus beat her into it, she vanished and now already stand in front of her in the split second, she put her index finger on Kyungwon lips, automatically shutting her down.

 

“Shh~ there, there. Are you gonna try to scream again? Don’t worry I’m not biting~ well maybe a bit? But you don’t have to hide that beautiful body of yours from me, I’m just appreaciating art and you’re one fine piece of art.”

 

The succubus grinned and Kyungwon couldn’t feel more horrified than now. She clutch her hands over her towel and without thinking she bites her fingers hard.

 

“Ouch!”

 

The succubus back off for awhile but then she grinned again

 

“Feisty huh? I like it~”

 

She was about to pinned Kyungwon into her cupboard but Kyungwon already screams her lungs out

 

“KYLAAAAA!!!!!”

 

Kyla was rushed into her room again and as always she looks unamused by the scene in front of her. The succubus didn’t even bother to spare a single glance to Kyla because she knows Kyla will ask her to leave again, so she settled down her gaze on Kyungwon and said,

 

“Tch, you’re no fun.”

 

And she vanished into the thin air again.

 

on some occasions Kyungwon could even feel hot breath behind her back when she was showering alone but when she turned around it’s either she found nothing or she heard feminine laughter from her room.

 

“Do you even know what privacy is?!”

 

Kyungwon yelled from the shower, clearly annoyed by the fact that Yebin just ghosting behind her and she was on the shower. She was getting used with the constant teasing from the said succubus but not with this, not when she is showering like this (Well, truth to be told, Kyungwon will never say that she was getting used. No, never in million years).

 

“In case if you forget, I’m a demon. What do you expect from me?”

 

For the first few days of course it makes her screamed her lungs out and Kyla have to rush into her room. She thought it wasn’t real, it was just her nightmare but then everything was real and Kyungwon couldn’t seem get rid out from her life anytime soon.

 

Like now, she was about to doze off on her boring English class with her chin already rest on her palm but she feels occasional poke on right cheek and she know it better who it was. Kyungwon only sigh and sway her hands away. She heard a mischief chuckle that she already get used over a month. If only she did listening to Minkyung that night this probably not gonna happened to her.

 

 

“Are you gonna kill me?”

“Aww, Not that fast honey let me introduce myself, I ain’t a vampire but I’m a succubus ..and you can call me… Yebin.”

 

Kyungwon went pale, whatever this creature called she swears it must be up to no good. Plus, what she said before? Meals? Kyungwon didn’t want to die this early, she hasn’t meet her dog and parents back in Gwangju yet, she hasn’t even tell Minkyung what she feels about her (even she knows Minkyung probably won’t retrun her feelings because she has something going on with Nayoung) or whatever is that she didn’t want-

 

“Penny for your thought?”

 

Yebin suddenly cut her train of thought, she whispered right on Kyungwon’s ear and ghosting her fingers over Kyungwon’s shoulders

 

“Pl...please, please don’t kill me..”

 

“Hmm~ why should i let you live? Can you give me a reason why?”

 

“Be.. Because I want to live.” Kyungwon know she was being desperate and those excuse was the lamest excuse she could make, muchmore in the verge of her death now.

 

“How amusing, alright how about we play a game? I guess it’ll be fun.” Yebin chuckled and whispered lowly,

“How fast you can get away from me?” She laugh and suddenly vanish into the thin air.

 

Kyungwon was looking around and she was alone again nothing around her but then the feelings of Yebin’s fingers on her shoulder and her breath on her nape before makes her shiver in fear. With that, she ran as fast as she can into her shared apartment with Kyla.

Right after few minutes she reach her apartment’s front door and without even thinking she wildly raps the doors, she didn’t care if she sounds like a mad woman now but all she knows she still terrified from the event earlier. She heard Kyla’s “Hold on, I’m coming” voice and it gave her a little bit relief feeling but still, her mind wasn’t even a bit calm. Yebin could appear anytime and-

 

“Ohh~ so this is your house? Interesting.”

 

NOOOOOO!!! She is busted,Yebin didn’t joke about that game she just playing with her before she actually kill her for real this time...  Okay.. She gonna be dead now, sorry Kongie, sorry everyone, Sorr-

 

“Kyungwon why are you- Oh...”

 

The front door opened and Kyla was about to ask her why she wildly raps the door before but it was halted somewhere else when she saw a figure behind Kyungwon. There was a minute of silence, Kyungwon didn’t understand why Kyla was taken aback and oh- did she just?

Kyungwon tried to put the pieces of her mind together and she tried to look back, she saw Yebin has the same surprised expression with Kyla. So, it’s real.. Yebin wasn’t a figment of her fantasy and that encounter was real too, Kyla could see Yebin and vice versa but somehow the surprised face that painted on Yebin’s face turned into a wide amused grin

 

“Ohh.. What a surprise to meet you here, greeting for the chosen one.”

 

 Yebin said that and bowed down in polite manners like she just meet a noble. Did she just say ‘the choosen one?’ Kyungwon getting more confused than before. However, after Yebin said her greeting Kyla didn’t look that impressed at all, instead she scoffed and cross her arms in front of her chest.

 

“Tch, I don’t know that a demon like you still have some basic manner. What are you doing here?”  

 

Yebin didn’t even bother to hide her grins and looking at Kyungwon. Kyla groaned at this.

 

“Rena-“

 

“It’s Yebin.”

 

“Whatever. Look, I didn’t want to make it ugly but listen to me. I warn you.”

 

Kyla was being serious this time and it was terrifying sight. Kyungwon never seen this side of hers. As long as Kyungwon live with her,  Kyla was indeed a calm and quite person (and sometimes Kyungwon even think that she also weird with those stacks of Tarot cards or whatever is that) but this Kyla in front of her is different and this demon behind her seems know her as well, they both know each other.. Did Kyla joined the cult or?

 

Kyungwon wasn’t even done thinkin about those possibilities and theories about Kyla joining the cult and there she saw it, Kyla’s irises change into different shade.. it’s blue, just like her hair tips that she recently dyed .. also, Kyungwon swears she could she somewhat blue fire or hue on Kyla.. was she also a demon like Yebin all along? On the other hand Yebin’s irises also change into the same red blood color that Kyungwon saw before. Those pair of horns back on top of her head and those demonic wings, it was spread over the cramped hallway in front of her apartment door.

It’s too much for her rational mind to handle, combine it with her tired yet stressful body next thing she knows it was already pitch black and she already faint unconscious.

 

“Gosh… Look what you’ve done.” Kyla groaned and she went back into her normal state, iris no longer blue and her blue fire or hue around her was no longer seen as well. Yebin in the other hand only laugh before she went back into her normal state as well.

“What? I didn’t do anything?”

Kyla throw her a glare, clearly unamused with Yebin’s statement.

 

“If it wasn’t because of you I didn’t need to let out those things.”

She crouched down and try to lift Kyungwon up with her.

 

“Ohh.. So, she didn’t know? How long she has been living with you until she didn’t know she live with one of those powerful human exist? The chosen one?”

Yebin grinned and try to even further.

 

“Just shut it out! Help me with this, and we can finished whatever thing you actually try to do.”

 

“Are you sure about it? Whatever? Hmm?” She smirked and Kyla let out a sigh before she stared back at her once again, iris clearly change and her stare was kind of intimidating.

 

“Kang Yebin.” She sternly said.

 

 “Okay, alright. Right on your command chosen one.”

 

000

 

Kyungwon found it out later that Kyla wasn’t like what she always think about, Yebin always referring her as “The Chosen One” and she always obey whatever Kyla told her to do. It was like Kyla is a noble that Yebin highly respect. Kyla didn’t really like to talk about herself but she assured Kyungwon that she is just a mere human like her and she wasn’t a demon like Yebin. Kyla rarely called Yebin as Yebin, she mostly called Yebin as Rena. One time Kyungwon tried to ask this she only said that it was her codename and there was something else that made her call Yebin that way. Kyla already promised to protect her even Kyungwon herself didn’t understand why but she just agree and let her be. If it means she could rest from Yebin constant teasing then she will gladly accept whatever Kyla offered to her.

Ohh, also now Kyungwon understand something. Not everyone could see Yebin. So far, it was only Kyungwon and Kyla who could see her. How can she was sure about this? Let’s say that Yebin was trailing behind her and basically stick into her 24/7 and no one from Kyungwon’s friend circle seems spare a glance or asking who was the short person beside her.

 

Another thing that Kyungwon notice was, Yebin particularly hate and always throw a glare to one person and it’s none other than Lee Yoobin, one of Kyungwon’s classmates and close friend. Yebin never said something about Kyungwon’s other friend (actually Yebin even when it comes to Minkyung) but when it comes to Yoobin, she was acting like a jealous girlfriend who ready to tear her into pieces and Kyungwon didn’t get it why? Kyungwon already know that Yebin wasn’t actually that scary either. On some occasion she even act like a kid and the fact that Yebin didn’t plan to kill her yet was already a relief but still Kyungwon wouldn’t let her guard down.

 

000

Class already done and Kyungwon finally feels like she could scream her lungs out saying “YESS YEAH I’M OUT I’M FREE”  but nope, Kyungwon was too tired for that so she just drag her long legs out from the class to hallway and ready to back into her apartment, that’s until she heard someone called her,

“Kyungwon!”

 

And it’s none other than Yoobin…

 

“Yoobin!”

 

Kyungwon smiled and Yoobin smiled back at her, she coming closer and stood before her then pulling her into a hug.

 

“Ayy, what’s with the sudden hug huh? Missed me that much?”

 

“This is all your fault, why you have to be failed on English and now you have to retake it.”

 

Yoobin knock her head after she released her hug and Kyungwon only could laugh.

 

“You know it well I’m not you or Minkyung who understand that language, so yeah I’m here haha.”

 

“Suit yourself Kyungwon, Let’s go to the canteen shall we?”

 

Kyungwon just grinned and nod before she flung her arm around Yoobin’s neck and drag her into canteen.

 

Little did Kyungwon know Yebin already balled her fist and her iris change into bloodshot red again, she gritted her teeth looking at the duo from their back.

 

000

 

It’s already late midnight when Yoobin out from convenience store to buy some groceries. She was humming some random song and she walked into dark alley. She took that road to cut the way into her apartment so it’ll take a little bit faster than usual. It was quite and Yoobin didn’t feel anything until she saw someone with a hood leaning on the wall. She just chuckled and didn’t bother to spare single thought, she just walking past by them. However, the said someone was saying something,

 

“Stay away from her.”

 

Yoobin stopped on her track and turn her heels, only to find the said someone put her hood down and she can clearly see who it was. Yoobin didn’t even flinched or surprised when she saw a bloodshot red eyes staring into her from the girl in front of her.

 

“Oh.. Rena, fancy to meet you here. What do you want?”

 

Yoobin countered back and Yebin didn’t even like the slightly of it.

 

“I thought a necromancer like you already know what I’m talking about here.”

 

“Maybe I’m a necromancer but I’m not someone who can read others mind not even a demon like you, Rena. So, mind to tell me what you’re after here?”

 

“Tch what a snake.” Yebin scoffed “I warn you Dami, whatever your intention is just stay away from her. There are plenty people out there, I don’t care if you want to do that to others but her.. Leave her alone!”

“Rena, Rena.. You surely smart aren’t you? 70 years living as a demon surely does wonder, even you spent your 25 years losing your memory. But still, demon is a demon they only care about what’s matter for them not about others.”

Yoobin mocked her and Yebin gritted her teeth, horns start to look visible on top of her head and her wings start to form on her back as well.

 

“I warn you for the first and the last time, stay away from her or-“

 

“Or what? You’re right about there are plenty people out there but someone like Yuha? It’s like one in a million, a gem in the mud.. You do know how hard to find someone like her, right? Moreover someone who didn’t know what was actually happened to her. I’m surprised yet impressed you could gain your memory back and you didn’t even bother to tell her anything? You probably watch too much drama on human life Rena. That’s hilarious but thank you, it’ll make my job easier.”

 

Yoobin grinned and mock her even further, Yebin couldn’t hold her anger she suddenly leap forward in a speed of light and about to claw Yoobin face but much to her liking Yoobin easily dodge her and she leap backward. Yoobin’s eyes turned into shade of dark purple and her whole body covered on dark purple hue.

“Nice try Rena, but I didn’t feel like playing with you now. I still have school tomorrow, see you there.”

Yoobin chanted and dark purple fire surrounded her, within a second she was vanished into the thin air. Yebin gritted her teeth in annoyance and she let out a frustrated groan.

 

"Damn it!"

 

 


I originally put Oh My Girl Binnie (Since both Kyungwon and Minkyung are her friends in real life) but then i switch it into Dreamcatcher Dami since i think she is more fit into this kind of story plus Kyungwon also wrote her name as idol that she is close with in one interview.

Also I'd like to have some chat with ya'll here https://curiouscat.me/thespringchild (probably just because my cc is dry like sahara) either way i hope you enjoy this little bit update from me hehe ^^