2/3

Everytime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

finally an update lol. please enjoy. read A/N at bottom! ♥

The next few days were relatively uneventful for Jongdae. On Saturday, he did some work around the apartment, watched a couple of movies, and even went out to play football with Minseok for a few hours. On Sunday, he met up with his Chinese friend, Yixing, who decided to join the let's tease Jongdae about Chanyeol​​​​​​​ team with Minseok. However, the two ended up having a wonderful time together, especially since Yixing had brought back gifts for him from China.

The rest of the week, however, was quite hectic. His glorious three day weekened unfortunately came to an end, and by Tuesday, he was back at the restaurant at 11am sharp, barely ready to handle a whole week of 8 hour shifts. However, the dreaded week didn't end up being too bad - there were no rude customers (a miracle, really), and he miraculously managed to not hurt himself on the job. For the most part. He also got to meet Zitao, the new employee. He had just come over from China to study in Korea for a couple years, and promised to work hard in-between his classes.

Jongdae and Zitao got along instantly, since they were actually quite similar in many ways - personality, interests, and hobbies. They went out for drinks together one night with Kris, which was a well needed break for Jongdae.

However, it was a rather lonely week (for his heart) because he didn't see Chanyeol once. Sure, they texted each other every night, and when Thursday rolled around, Jongdae had bravely asked Chanyeol to videochat so that he could show him his new calicao kitten, whom he decided to name Strawberry.

"She is literally the cutest kitten ever, you might have just killed me, Jongdae!"

However, towards the end of his Friday shift when he walked over to a table to take an order, Jongdae couldn't help but smile when he saw Chanyeol sitting at a two person booth.

"Hello, welcome to KokoBop, what can I get for you today?" Jongdae had to use all his effort to remain as professional as possible because Chanyeol was smiling, and Jongdae just melts when Chanyeol smiles.

The latter took a deep breath before responding, "just a water to drink. And the dolsot bibimbap sounds great. With two eggs, please!"

Jongdae nodded and his heel, but before he could take a step, Chanyeol had grabbed his hand and asked quietly so that others couldn't hear,

"Wait for me after your shift, yeah?"

Jongdae bit back a smile and didn't turn as he replied teasingly, "perhaps."

Of course Jongdae waited.

In fact, even after his shift ended at 7 o'clock, he made sure to take his time while changing his clothes, and even decided to chat with Zitao while he was on break. Once it was a little past 7:15, Jongdae took a deep breath and made his way out of the employee break room, and into the actual restaurant area.

Deep breaths, Jongdae. It's just Chanyeol.

Obviously, however, that was much easier said than done, and by the time he reached Chanyeol's table, his face was red from holding his breath for so long - definitely not deep breaths. Chanyeol took one glance at the elder and instantly did his eyes widen.

"Jongdae? Are you...Okay?"

Jongdae nodded quickly, and while he avoided Chanyeol's eyes, took the seat across from him.

"I'm doing okay... Just. You know..."

Jongdae bit his cheek and trailed off because he couldn't think of how to continue. Chanyeol, however, simply smiled.

"Yeah. I understand."

The elder released a breath he didn't know he was holding and, for the first time since they met up, he smiled.

"What have you been up to?" he asked.

Chanyeol sighed deeply and leaned back into his seat before replying.

"Just...Chores. And planning."

"Planning what?"

Chanyeol grinned mischieveously, and Jongdae bit his lip. What is going on in his head?

"Well, Jongdae," he said, "I had a little talk with your lovely manager - Luhan, was it? Anyway...I asked him how many personal days you currently have, and according to Luhan, you have over a week's worth of them available."

"O-oh, really?" Jongdae replied, eyebrows furrowing, "why...did you want to know?"

"Because, Jongdae," Chanyeol continued, "my friend Baekhyun has family down in Jeju, and they offered to let us use their beach home for a little...getaway, I guess. And you and Minseok are invited, of course."

"Oh...Chanyeol...That's so kind of you, but...what about work? I can't just...take off a week for-"

"-Luhan has already approved," Chanyeol cut in, the smile never leaving his face, "in fact...he really supports it. Says you've been too stressed recently. Said that your three day break this weekend really did you well this week so. He wants you to have a good time and relax."

Jongdae looked directly at Chanyeol for the first time since they met up, and when he saw the latter's eyes, he melted.

"O-okay," was his response, "okay..."

"Great!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he slowly stood up, "we would leave tomorrow morning...I know this is kinda last minute-ish, but...We didn't exactly have this planned out until today..."

"Oh, well... That's fine... I'll talk with Minseok and I'll text you tonight if he's coming or not," Jongdae replied as stood up as well.

"Sounds great."

Then, after Chanyeol paid for his meal, walked out of the restaurant and to the bus stop, where the two faced each other.

"See you tomorrow morning?"

Jongdae simply nodded as he turned his head to hide the huge grin plastered across his face.

"He was being nice," Jongdae grumbled as the roommates packed their backpacks for tomorrow, "especially because he invited you too. Be grateful."

"Yes, but he also wants to see you half on some beach," Minseok snorted. "Not that there's much to look at..."

"You're gross," Jongdae said, "this is why I call you 'Greasy Minseok'."

"Fair enough," the elder replied, grinning as he haphazardly threw a bottle of sunscreen into the bag, "but I'm also right."

Jongdae pursed his lips but didn't reply. He was definitely super excited to go to Jeju, but what worried him was meeting all of Chanyeol's friends. They were probably sweet and kind like he was, but that fact still didn't exactly help Jongdae's anxiety.

What if they judge me? What if they think I'm weird? What if none of them like me? What if I make a fool of myself? What if-

"Jongdae," Minseok's soft voice said suddenly, bringing Jongdae back to reality, "you've got that look on your face. You're overthinking things."

"I know," Jongdae replied with a deep breath, "I just...I'm worried. Maybe they won't like me, or will judge me, or-"

"Jongdae," the elder said more sternly, "please. I know you, and I understand you. However, I just...If Chanyeol's friends are anything like him, at least how you've described him, I am sure they will absolutely love you. You may be a bit strange, and you may have chicken legs-" "Hey!" "-but you're still Jongdae. And you make Chanyeol happy. That's what should matter."

"You're talking about us as if we were married," Jongdae mumbled as he walked to his dresser to grab a pair of pajamas. Minseok snorted, his playful personality quickly returning.

"Maybe one da-"

"Minseok!"

Luckily for Jongdae, his phone suddenly vibrated - a message had just come in.

Chanyeol ( ⌯◞◟⌯)♡: baekhyun just told me that his grandma would pay for our ferry tickets to the island!!

Kim Jongdae: That's awesome! Minseok's cheap was ing about train ticket prices so that's a relief (;¬_¬)

Chanyeol ( ⌯◞◟⌯)♡: indeed! anyway make sure you get a good nights rest- train leaves at 6:10am!!

Kim Jongdae: (*゚ロ゚)

Chanyeol ( ⌯◞◟⌯)♡: lol sorry! we wanna leave asap, since it's like 8 or 9 hours total to jeju... whatever lol

Kim Jongdae: I might use you as a pillow, just warning you.

Chanyeol ( ⌯◞◟⌯)♡: i'm ok with that lol, i've been told i'm a good cuddler ;)

Kim Jongdae: Good to know haha

Chanyeol ( ⌯◞◟⌯)♡: anyway i gotta go pack some snacks for tomorrow. can't wait to see you :)

Chanyeol ( ⌯◞◟⌯)♡: ps black pepper crab Pringles or shrimp chips?

Kim Jongdae: Me neither :)

Kim Jongdae: Um shrimp chips what kind of question is that

Chanyeol ( ⌯◞◟⌯)♡: (♥ω♥*)

"Ick. You two are gross." Minseok said as he looked over Jongdae's shoulder, and only laughed harder when he dodged a series of punches from his roommate.

Minseok and Jongdae somehow managed to get themselves to the train station by 6:00am sharp. Minseok was still quite unpleasant, since he didn't have enough time to make coffee. Jongdae managed to dress himself, but his hair was still going every which way, and his eyes were extremely droopy.

"Morning!"

Jongdae cracked an eye open to see a very happy and very awake Chanyeol walking towards them. Luckily, Jongdae was too tired to be embarrassed about his current state.

"Hi," he managed in a rather scratchy voice.

"'Sup," Minseok grumbled, not even bothering to open his eyes.

Chanyeol grinned nervously as his eyes darted between the two roommates.

"Well...Everyone else is over there buying their train tickets. At this hour, they're a little cheaper, only, uh, 30,000 won or so."

"Uh-huh," Minseok said as he walked past the others to go to the kiosk, his carry-on sized suitcase rolling behind him. Chanyeol looked back at Jongdae and asked jokingly, "let me guess...no coffee yet?"

Jongdae managed to crack a small smile in return as he nodded. "Bingo."

The younger laughed out loud as he wrapped his arm around Jongdae's shoulder, causing the latter to tense up.

"Let's head over to the group so we can all find our seats!"

Jongdae could only nod as the pair walked over to the group of fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter