Part 1: The Interview

You Are Cordially Invited

Trending:

#TiffanySoloComeback

#JYJLastComeback

#TVXQDisbandment

#Reply2000

#ShimChangminSoloComeback

#YunJaeIsReal

#YunJaeCoupleLiveInterview

 

3... 2... 1...

 

-Broadcast Begins-

They debuted in the powerhouse boy group that took the world by storm. And they were torn apart by a legal lawsuit that changed their lives. Now, for the first time in more than a decade, TVXQ’s Jung Yunho and JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong are together, live, to share their story… a story of love, heartbreak, and forgiveness.

 

MC: Good evening, South Korea. I am your host, Han Eunhee. We are here live, for the very first time in so long, with TVXQ’s Jung Yunho and JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong, for this very special interview that you can only find here in K Star News. Good evening to you both.

YH: Good evening to you Eunhee-shii and good evening to the viewers. I’m TVXQ’s leader, Jung Yunho. **bows to the camera**

JJ: Hello. I’m JYJ’s leader, Kim Jaejoong. **bows to the camera** It’s good to be here. Finally. **nervous laugh**

MC: **smiles** You sound a little nervous, Jaejoong-shii.

JJ: **chuckles** I am, actually. We’re not exactly sure how everyone is going to handle this. Or accept it.

MC: Well, why don’t we start with that? We know that you and Yunho-shii met when you were trainees. You were in the same project group and later on, debuted in Dong Bang Shin Ki. So, I’m sure fans want to know… Exactly, when did it start? And how long have you two been together?

**Yunho and Jaejoong look at each other. Jaejoong raises his eyebrows at Yunho with an unsure smile.**

JJ: Do you want to answer?

YH: **chuckles** Fine, fine. We’ve been together since… after my hospitalization? Was that right?

JJ: **nods** Yes. I sort of… confessed… to him, while he was asleep. Or thought he was asleep. This pabo didn’t tell me he heard everything!

YH: **nods while grinning** I had to sort out my own feelings. I knew that Jaejoong was special, he was my best friend… Still is, actually. But, at the time, it was sort of all new and I needed to examine my feelings.

MC: And you did, eventually?

YH: **nods** I asked him out a few times. He didn’t even realize they were dates until I… **looks at Jaejoong who looks away with a shy smile.** Should I say it?

JJ: Would that even be allowed on public television?

YH: **laughs** Let’s just say that he and I came to an agreement one time and we’ve been together ever since.

MC: **smiles** That’s really sweet, like a drama, huh?

YH: **grins** It definitely felt like one.

MC: So, how did you to manage to hide it? Many believed, for years, that it was all fan service. Was anybody else aware of you two?

YH: Well, at first, it was fan service. You know that we were marketed as the YunJae couple for most of our appearances, so we used that to cover up the fact that it was, well, real. We were already close prior to being in a relationship, so we figured, no one would really suspect. Most of what was captured on T.V. during variety shows were all planned fan service. But, I think a few not-so-fan-service ones manage to get out. Um… I’m a little clingy. **laughs**

JJ: I had to scold him many times!

YH: **smiles adoringly at him** But our fans were more perceptive than we thought. We’re actually really surprised at how okay they were with it. I guess we’re just that cute? **laughs**

MC: Was anyone else aware of you two?

JJ: **nods** Yes. Yoochun was actually the first to know. More like, he figured it out himself and confronted us. **laughs nervously** He grew up in America, so he was a little more open-minded. He was very supportive.

YH: Fans used to call him president of the YunJae fan club.

JJ: And then, Junsu discovered it. He took a little more time, but eventually accepted it as well.

YH: Changmin actually took a little more time convincing and we could understand why. He was still really young back then and wasn’t much exposed to the possibility of two men being together.

JJ: **laughs** I think the fans noticed that he liked to come between us a lot. **fond smile** But, he was a good kid. He came around, eventually.

MC: Was there anyone else who knew?

JJ: Yes, my family knew and Yunho’s. They were one of the first to know, of course. Some of our close friends as well. I won’t disclose who they are, but it’s up to them if they wish to let the public know that they were aware of our relationship.

MC: Super Junior’s Heechul was very vocal about his support on Twitter.

JJ: **nods** Heechul-hyung knew. **chuckles** He once told us that if we came out, he would be our loudest cheerleader.

YH: **to the camera** Thank you, Heechul-hyung! You’re the best! **thumbs up**

MC: Others who expressed their support on Twitter, including Hong Seok Cheon and the Jung sisters, Krystal and Jessica.

YH: **nods** Seok Cheon-hyung knew as well. We used to go to his restaurant with Dong Bang Shin Ki or just us two. As for the Jung sisters, they didn’t know, but we thank them for their support.

MC: That is indeed very kind of them. We’re happy to see you have such a good network of support. So we, as well as fans I’m sure, are wondering… Why did you both decide to come out now? Is it because you think the reception would be more accepting?

YH: **purses his lips** I think it’s more along the lines of… Jaejoong and I are tired of hiding. We’re both tired of hiding who we really are, and that is two men who are in love and there’s nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with us loving each other. And we want to convey that.

MC: **smiles and nods** And I’m sure the fans are glad for that. Let’s move on. **looks down at cue cards** This next topic might be a little sensitive. It's about the lawsuit.

YH: **frowns**

JJ: **looks down at his hands**

MC: Most of us know the basic gist of what happened. JYJ filed a lawsuit against S.M. Entertainment and the group split into two. How did this affect your relationship?

**Yunho and Jaejoong look at each other.**

YH: Do you want to answer?

JJ: Aish! Why me? **nervous laugh**

**Yunho reaches out to hold his hand and Jaejoong smiles before turning to the MC**

JJ: It was a really… dark… time for our relationship. We did plan on leaving together, all five of us. But… as everyone knows… it didn’t work out quite that way.

**Jaejoong looks at Yunho and bites his lip. Yunho nods and turns to the MC.**

YH: I made the decision to stay. I thought about how, if we left, we couldn’t bring the name of Dong Bang Shin Ki with us. And I thought about how hard we worked, the sacrifices we made, the sacrifices our fans made for us, it was all going to disappear just like that. So, I decided to stay and we had a huge fight about it. **pauses before looking at Jaejoong who is looking at the floor** Changmin wanted to leave with them, but he stayed, for me. It was the only way to keep our name and still make it ours until the end of our contract.

JJ: As for Yunho and I… We actually broke up. **smiles sadly** We didn’t speak for two years. It was only coincidence when we met again and finally managed to talk.

YH: **nods** We were both in Japan at the time. We didn’t know the other was there but we both happened to visit this café we used to frequent and it was late at night so no one really saw. We decided to sit down and talk, have some coffee, and before we knew it, we were exchanging numbers and promised to keep in touch.

MC: And did you?

JJ: **nods** Yes, we did. It was just a few texts at first, the usual “Hi, hello, how are you?” We would send each other those funny videos and memes. Then, we started calling each other. We were pretty much trying to start anew, figuring out how to be friends again.

YH: **looks at Jaejoong and smiles** And after a year, Jaejoong here asked me out to dinner.

**Jaejoong suddenly looks shy and looks away, smiling. Yunho laughs and squeezes his hand.**

YH: It was difficult, but we decided to try again. It was easier by then, because there were more new groups, more new idols to pay attention to, so we could be discreet and not get caught. No one paid us much attention. So… we were able to start over.

JJ: The fans were still very perceptive though, it’s amazing! **laughs** They examined all our photos and videos and figured out our couple items. They even come to our fan meets and concerts with YunJae signs.

MC: **laughs** They’re quite a committed bunch, aren’t they?

YH: **nods** They really are and we are both very grateful for their support. Actually… the whole breakup, starting over again, it made me realize something very important. **looks at Jaejoong who blushes** It made me realize that what Jaejoong and I have, it’s not a phase or a fleeting romance… I love him and he loves me just as much. It’s real. What we have is real. To quote our fans, YunJae is real. **kisses Jaejoong’s hand**

MC: **fans herself** Ahhhh, I’m getting so teary-eyed!

**Yunho and Jaejoong laugh**

MC: Our next question is somewhat general. Do you think South Korea is ready for same- couples, such as yourself?

**Yunho and Jaejoong both look contemplative.**

JJ: **tsks** That’s a tough one. I mean, there is a reason why we hid our relationship for so long. When we debuted, it was basically taboo, right? It still is, somewhat. But a lot more idols now have been very open or subtle about their support for the LGBT Community and that warms my heart. We hope that a day comes when it becomes as normal as it is in the West and other countries that accept same- couples.

MC: So, some fans on Twitter and our website gave us some questions for you both. **reads from cue card** Jaejoong-oppa, I’ve followed your solo work for years, I’m a huge fan! I’m wondering if any of your songs were about Yunho-oppa? YunJae fighting!

JJ: **bows to the camera** Thank you so much for your support. Yes, a few of my songs were inspired by Yunho. At the time when we weren’t talking, I wrote a lot. The songs were everything I wish I could say to Yunho, all the sadness and anger and grief and even the good times we had, how much I loved him, all of that. **blushes shyly** Yunho was and still is, my muse.

YH: **chuckles** He’s so cute when he’s shy.

MC: Aww, that’s very sweet. Do you have a favorite song of his?

YH: I really love “I Love You To Death”… and “Kiss B”. **winks at Jaejoong**

MC: **laughs** Those are beautiful songs… Let’s move on to another question? The next one is for Yunho-shii. **reads from cue card** Yunho-oppa, how do you feel about Jaejoong always performing shirtless during his solo concerts? **laughs** This is an interesting one. So how do you feel, Yunho-shii?

YH: **smirks at Jaejoong** I like it.

JJ: Yah! **smacks Yunho’s arm and looks away blushing**

YH: What?! I’m only telling the truth! I don't want to lie on live T.V.! Do you want our fans to come after me?

JJ: Aish, you're impossible! **covers his eyes with one hand**

MC: **laughs** Omo, you two are too adorable. **looks down at cue cards** This next one is for both of you. Oppa deul, can you confirm some of your couple items? You both mentioned that fans noticed your couple items. What are some of them?

YH: Well, there are our Cartier rings. We have two sets. **raises his finger to show his ring** We tend to switch now and then.

JJ: Our Cartier bracelets. **raises his right hand** Mine is black and Yunho’s is silver.

**Yunho raises his left hand to show the bracelet.**

YH: What else?

JJ: **laughs** We have so many that we don’t remember them. But the rings and bracelets are the most we frequently wear.

MC: **nods** Your fans can now stop wondering…  Okay, I believe we have time for one more fan question. This is for the both of you again and it’s also one that I’m sure everyone is curious about. **reads from cue card** Hello Yunho-oppa and Jaejoong-oppa. Now that you’ve both come out, what is next for TVXQ and JYJ? From the YunJae fanclub in Indonesia… Wow, you have fans in Indonesia too! YunJae has really made an impact! So, what is next for you?

YH: **turns to Jaejoong** Do you want to go first?

JJ: **nods** Well, everyone already knows that JYJ are preparing for our last comeback before we officially disband. We worked really hard on this last album and we dedicate it to all our family, our friends, and our fans who have been with us and supporting us for so long. All songs were composed and produced by myself, Yoochun, and Junsu. Ahhh, and Yoochun and Junsu both have some acting projects coming up, I believe Junsu has already started filming for his, so please support them. Our new song and MV will be released next week, so please anticipate it. **smiles**

YH: TVXQ is also releasing our final video next week, not at the same time as JYJ though, we want our own spot. **laughs** But, this is a good-bye song and video that Changmin and I dedicate to our fans, our precious Cassiopeia who have been with us from the beginning and despite all the challenges, didn’t leave us. There’s a little surprise in the video, so please anticipate it! And…. Ah! Our Changmin-ah is finally making his fourth solo comeback so please support him!

MC: I noticed that you two mentioned plans for both the group and your members. What about the two of you? What are your plans?

**Yunho and Jaejoong both look at each other with smiles. Jaejoong nods at Yunho.**

JJ: Actually, I’m retiring from being an idol. We both are.

MC: **gasps with mouth open**

JJ: But, we’re not disappearing from the entertainment world, completely. Actually… **turns to Yunho who nods** Yunho and I are in the works of an entertainment company of our own. It’s still in its planning stages, but we are both heavily involved in it and we’re determined to launch by the next year or so.

MC: Wow, that’s wonderful! Congratulations! We look forward to it!

YH: **grins** And, we have one more announcement to make… **lifts Jaejoong’s hand** We’re engaged.

MC: **squeals** Oh my goodness! Is this for real?!

**Yunho shows the camera Jaejoong’s hand. Camera zooms in to a silver ring with a small diamond.**

YH: **nods while grinning** Yes. We thought about keeping it a secret, but decided, why not go all out tonight? **turns to a blushing but smiling Jaejoong** We’re going to spend the rest of our lives together.

MC: Omo, this is so beautiful! You heard it first, here, ladies and gentleman! Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong are engaged to be married! Congratulations! **smiles happily at the two** Can you give us some details about the wedding?

JJ: It’s going to be intimate, just close friends and family. Same- marriage isn’t legal in South Korea, so we will be going overseas. As for where and when, I’m sorry but we’d rather not disclose that information. **smiles apologetically**

MC: **nods** I understand. Well, it looks like we only have about 3 minutes left. Do you have any last words for your fans?

YH: Yes. **looks at the camera** Thank you to Cassiopeia and BigEast. You truly kept the faith, and we can never thank you enough for your love and support.

JJ: Thank you for being with us from the beginning and now, the end. But, don’t worry, it’s not really an end. It’s just a new beginning. Cassiopeia and BigEast will be in our hearts forever.

MC: So we have two minutes left, would you like to share a kiss, just for your fans? I’m sure many of them anticipated the real thing from you for so long.

JJ: **blushes and laughs, shyly** Can we really? Is that even allowed?

YH: Come here, Joongie-ah. **leans into Jaejoong**

JJ: Yunho-ah, stop! **turns face away while laughing**

YH: **kisses his cheek** That’s all our fans are getting since our Jaejoongie is a little shy.

MC: **laughs** It’s enough, thank you very much for being here tonight, Yunho-shii, Jaejoong-shii.

YH & JJ: Thank you for having us, Eunhee-shii.

-End of Broadcast-